2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
is "SSOM Scholar Award" a scholarship or is that all of the fin aid you're offered? is this "award" a loan that they expect u to repay? does anyone know the average amount of aid offered by the school? (ik other schools told us this but i dont recall loyola mentioning) also was anyone offered loans from the school in addition to this "award"? i'm rly confused ab how this all works ive been out of school for a lil bit lol any help would be appreciated

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
is "SSOM Scholar Award" a scholarship or is that all of the fin aid you're offered? is this "award" a loan that they expect u to repay? does anyone know the average amount of aid offered by the school? (ik other schools told us this but i dont recall loyola mentioning) also was anyone offered loans from the school in addition to this "award"? i'm rly confused ab how this all works ive been out of school for a lil bit lol any help would be appreciated
I think every one gets this scholarship, but it's not all the aid offer. Hopefully not.

Reactions: 1 user
I think every one gets this scholarship, but it's not all the aid offer. Hopefully not.
On their website it says,

SSOM Scholarships

These scholarships’ recipients are nominated, reviewed and selected by the SSOM Awards Committee or a specific SSOM department based on the award criteria listed.”

So I am not sure if everyone gets this?

On their website it says,

SSOM Scholarships

These scholarships’ recipients are nominated, reviewed and selected by the SSOM Awards Committee or a specific SSOM department based on the award criteria listed.”

So I am not sure if everyone gets this?
Oh yea I just noticed.

Interesting. I don’t see anything uploaded under financial aid in locus yet. When did you guys first notice your awards?

also got this but mine was only a few thousand, not sure if that’s the entire aid package lol

After opening LOCUS on desktop, I see the COA for Stritch. I’m surprised by the tuition. Does it show about 50,000 for everyone? I thought their tuition was about 60k.

Members don't see this ad :)
All my aid is all loans except for that SSOM scholarship. This was really my top choice, but if they decide not to offer any scholarships, I will likely be withdrawing since I have scholarship offers from other schools.

All my aid is all loans except for that SSOM scholarship. This was really my top choice, but if they decide not to offer any scholarships, I will likely be withdrawing since I have scholarship offers from other schools.

So you did get offered loans from ssom?

Also financial aid office only deals with need based aid and not merit. If you want merit, you have to email admissions. This process sucks and I am kind of pissed.

Also financial aid office only deals with need based aid and not merit. If you want merit, you have to email admissions. This process sucks and I am kind of pissed.
I thought that you don’t apply for merit scholarships and the Dean just awards them to students?

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know what the dress code is for second look? Also, do we need to bring a mask and our vaccine card?

Does anyone know what the dress code is for second look? Also, do we need to bring a mask and our vaccine card?
One of the Loyola students said business casual/comfortable, so not too dressy.

on LOCUS under fin aid i dont think they sent me an email that it was uploaded unless it went to my spam
did you guys get an email about fin aid? or where did you guys see it? I went to loyola for undergrad so my locus only reflects my undergrad

just confirmed in the webinar that pre-clinical is 1.5 years now and was implemented with the current M1 class.

just confirmed in the webinar that pre-clinical is 1.5 years now and was implemented with the current M1 class.
woah i had no idea. is this a good thing? i feel like it is but also hopefully they dont stumble too much in this transition to 1.5

woah i had no idea. is this a good thing? i feel like it is but also hopefully they dont stumble too much in this transition to 1.5
Even though it will be fast paced, it has benefits like early exposure to clinical, more time for away rotations during 4th year.

Does anyone recall if they have internal rankings or anything similar?

Does anyone recall if they have internal rankings or anything similar?
according to what students told me, yes. about 30% is based on preclinical while the rest is on clinical years. you are categorized into groups. i forgot how many, but i think 4-5 groups named "exceptional" "meets expectations" etc., something like that. so you won't have a number, you're rather in a quartile or quintile.

has anyone received any correspondence from the 02/16 interview week?

For anyone that went to the second look event last Friday, did they offer your individual financial aid packages?

according to what students told me, yes. about 30% is based on preclinical while the rest is on clinical years. you are categorized into groups. i forgot how many, but i think 4-5 groups named "exceptional" "meets expectations" etc., something like that. so you won't have a number, you're rather in a quartile or quintile.
Yes the deans confirmed this during second look day

Just got the A call today! Interviewed the last week of February.

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Hi, y'all! Does Loyola have in-house written exams or NBME-style exams? I think it should be NBME-style multiple-choice, but I wanted to double-check.