2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi! I was wondering where students do rotations for 3rd & 4th year? And is it a lottery system? It seems like we'll mostly be on campus for 1st & 2nd year? I was thinking of perhaps buying a place near the school with a partner, but if rotations are in the city then I'm not too sure. Thanks!
M3 (almost M4) here. Most rotations are near campus. It's lottery, but if you mention you live near a certain area, then they take that into consideration. I personally live very close by school and it's been great for rotations. Esp when you oversleep...you can get to campus in like 5 minutes if you live in Forest Park/Oak Park lol

Members don't see this ad.

• Love
Reactions: 1 user
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Incoming M4 here- happy to answer any questions. No regrets. Happy to be a soon-to-be-alumni of Stritch.
Hi,
My daughter will be M1. Is Maywood area a good place to live?
Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
Circling back here cause I think with the CTE being June 1st that some movement may have occurred or will occur soon... anyone know anything? (This school is my only hope for getting in this cycle so I'd be very appreciative of any info)

Reactions: 1 user
Woah... got an acceptance call a few hours ago off the waitlist.... I am shook

Reactions: 6 users
Hi,
My daughter will be M1. Is Maywood area a good place to live?
Thanks
Maywood is not really popular. Forest Park and Oak Park is typical (and better places to stay). Another option is West Loop close to the highway entrance. Tell your daughter to look on Stritch's List facebook page and my recommendation would be to take an apartment from a graduating medical student. This way, the apartment has been vetted from a medical student.

Got the call yesterday. Insanely grateful for this opportunity. This was my top choice!!!

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
I’ve also said this before but (as a second year) I and many of my classmates have gotten an additional 7-10k during the year each year. This year my package was 7k scholarship and recieved an additional 10 k in December.
How do you go about receiving more merit-based funding throughout the year?