2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Where did you find your locus ID?
I actually have mine from undergrad! but I think someone mentioned earlier in the thread that they got an email about creating a locus account after being accepted

Members don't see this ad.

I just checked my LOCUS account (didn't even know I had one) and found my award too. I was never sent an email notifying me of it. Anyone know what the SSM-Sygiel Medical Loan is?

Members don't see this ad :)
Just saw my loans appear too, no aid though

Reactions: 2 users
I saw an "Awards" tab show up on Locus today, but it only has loans listed. Does anyone know if this means my financial aid package is finalized? I'm still hoping for some amount of merit scholarship haha😅
Also would love to know this lol, also just got mine, accepted mid-feb

Anyone else accepted in January but not have anything? All I have on my tasks is: (see below) so I am confused…

Attachments

• 23CCFD39-C699-4C75-9738-29A5A4E432F0.png
    23CCFD39-C699-4C75-9738-29A5A4E432F0.png
    47.6 KB · Views: 122
Anyone else accepted in January but not have anything? All I have on my tasks is: (see below) so I am confused…
I was accepted in Dec and I was emailed that I received an award but still nothing under my financial aid tab so I am sure they are still getting around to it!

Does anyone know if historically students were successful in negotiating financial aid with Loyola?

Members don't see this ad :)
Guys take a deep breathe about the financial aid its literally march. They probably haven't finalized anything yet. IF you have questions shoot them an email or call!

Also FYI, I (and my fellow classmates who ive talked to about this) have received a lot of additional funding after the initial offer.

Last year I was given 9k extra in December of my m1 year, and this year 12k extra.

Not to mention through 3 emergency HERF (covid) relief money I have received over 6 thousand dollars of money that was directly deposited into my account.

EDIT just went back to check I got my financial aid package on April 3rd when during my cycle. With a subject line "Med Financial Aid Award"

Reactions: 1 users
I just checked my LOCUS account (didn't even know I had one) and found my award too. I was never sent an email notifying me of it. Anyone know what the SSM-Sygiel Medical Loan is?
its a lower interest loan through the school

Reactions: 1 user
Would it be appropriate to contact the Dean directly to reiterate interest post II? I read in previous years of students keeping in touch with Dean Nabers.

Last fall lol. CC'd. Submitted updates, nobody's posted on this thread yet about getting pulled off of CC.
If u were gonna follow up with the dean, Idk if it would be good timing bc they haven’t had any movement yet and they’re prob waiting for people to commit April 30 bc that’s when they’ll have a good idea of their class size. People are prob just holding acceptances rn/waiting to see financial aid so they likely don’t have room for waitlist movement rn

Guys take a deep breathe about the financial aid its literally march. They probably haven't finalized anything yet. IF you have questions shoot them an email or call!

Also FYI, I (and my fellow classmates who ive talked to about this) have received a lot of additional funding after the initial offer.

Last year I was given 9k extra in December of my m1 year, and this year 12k extra.

Not to mention through 3 emergency HERF (covid) relief money I have received over 6 thousand dollars of money that was directly deposited into my account.

EDIT just went back to check I got my financial aid package on April 3rd when during my cycle. With a subject line "Med Financial Aid Award"
Thank you for the advice! So just to clarify, even though our LOCUS portals show a cost of attendance, this isn't the finalized financial aid package?

Thank you for the advice! So just to clarify, even though our LOCUS portals show a cost of attendance, this isn't the finalized financial aid package?
+1 I would like to know this!

I would reach out and ask!!

Did they post their match list yet?

Last edited:
Are they still distributing scholarships or all scholarships are out?

Did they send out a link for second look yet?
I was just thinking the same thing lol I registered but never got a follow-up confirmation message after I completed the google form nor have I gotten a link yet so idk hopefully they will just send it out tomorrow or whatever

I was just thinking the same thing lol I registered but never got a follow-up confirmation message after I completed the google form nor have I gotten a link yet so idk hopefully they will just send it out tomorrow or whatever
Whitney sent the link out this afternoon🙂

Congrats!!
If our portals don’t have any awards under the cost of attendance tab, should we be worried? I talked to the FA office weeks ago, and they said to expect packages around Second Look day. Also, is it absolutely necessary to join the Facebook page, or will all the necessary class info be released via email as well? Not sure if I need to start a new account or reactivate the old one. Sorry for the many questions, but thank you in advance!

If our portals don’t have any awards under the cost of attendance tab, should we be worried? I talked to the FA office weeks ago, and they said to expect packages around Second Look day. Also, is it absolutely necessary to join the Facebook page, or will all the necessary class info be released via email as well? Not sure if I need to start a new account or reactivate the old one. Sorry for the many questions, but thank you in advance!
1) Can barely submit my own FAFSA so def gotta ask them. 2) never had Facebook hasn’t been an issue - might be good to have to find room mate in beginning

There’s also a slack group that they said they would keep up to date and they have been good about double posting in there and in the Facebook group so that may be an option if you already have a slack account/don’t want to make a new Facebook!

There’s also a slack group that they said they would keep up to date and they have been good about double posting in there and in the Facebook group so that may be an option if you already have a slack account/don’t want to make a new Facebook!
Ahhh I didn’t know about this; thank you! How do I get added to the slack account? Did you reach out to adcoms for the invite link?

Ahhh I didn’t know about this; thank you! How do I get added to the slack account? Did you reach out to adcoms for the invite link?
You can message the admissions office and probably ask for it! I think it is run by the M1 board but they can at least connect you with the right people to get you in the group!

You can message the admissions office and probably ask for it! I think it is run by the M1 board but they can at least connect you with the right people to get you in the group!
Will do. Thank you again!:)

Does Stritch test for 420 or other substances? Asking for a friend...

Anyone still waiting for the financial aid package?