2021-2022 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Does Stritch test for 420 or other substances? Asking for a friend...
not until 3rd year (but you should try and at least start med school without that stuff)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
I talked to some folks and it looks like appealing would be hard. I knew I'd be going into a lot of debt, but I didn't realize it would be so much... I've been a low-income student my whole life and basically went to college for free (I was lucky and my school was generous) and I guess I had the flawed expectation that I would receive more in grants due to my financial situation. Lowkey there's a little voice in my head asking if med school is worth all this... Sorry y'all, I'm feeling a little negative.

If anyone did have success at negotiating/appealing their offer, please let me know! I really could use some help/advice rn.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
I talked to some folks and it looks like appealing would be hard. I knew I'd be going into a lot of debt, but I didn't realize it would be so much... I've been a low-income student my whole life and basically went to college for free (I was lucky and my school was generous) and I guess I had the flawed expectation that I would receive more in grants due to my financial situation. Lowkey there's a little voice in my head asking if med school is worth all this... Sorry y'all, I'm feeling a little negative.

If anyone did have success at negotiating/appealing their offer, please let me know! I really could use some help/advice rn.
Med school financing is mostly from loans, unlike the more flexible and generous options you had for college.
You may need to recognize this and try not to feel that you didn't get money you should have for medical school.You will be able to repay your loans once employed as a physician.

There may be more scholarships or financial aid available to you after starting medical school. Watch your school's financial aid pages for scholarship application deadlines, and also consider the state or county medical societies in the region where you will attend school. It can be a helpful source to lessen the amount of loans you might need for years 2, 3, and 4.

Cost of attendance varies per school! If u have other options maybe you can discuss what other schools are offering you to Loyola. I do think weighing finances is important, and it comes down to a personal decision! My advice would be to maybe look at public scholarships available / ask the financial aid office to point you towards some maybe.

Thank you!

Also does anyone know how to appeal Fin Aid packets???? Mine is looking very sad..
I’ve also said this before but (as a second year) I and many of my classmates have gotten an additional 7-10k during the year each year. This year my package was 7k scholarship and recieved an additional 10 k in December.

Reactions: 4 users
When I tell you I got a surge of endorphins from the White Coat Ceremony e-mail :laugh:

Got the email transitioning from continued consideration to the formal waitlist. Physical pain

• Sad
Reactions: 2 users
Got the email transitioning from continued consideration to the formal waitlist. Physical pain
Looks like they’re full full :,) so different from last year with no movement before the waitlist formed

Also got the waitlist notification. Super sad. Still hopeful though. Dean Nabers said he was out of the office this week and they will be reviewing things in May. Fingers crossed.

Has anyone received any merit scholarship recently?

anyone been to any of the second look in-person tours? Is there a dress code or can we show up in jeans

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone receive a merit-based scholarship yet? If so, could you please say when?

What do you mean? Do you know someone who has received one already or do you need to CTE to receive a scholarship?
I asked the dean and the admission office. What they told me two days ago was that with more withdrawing coming up, they will distribute more in the following weeks. So my understanding is that you have to at least PTE to have a chance to receive these further merit-based scholarships.

I asked the dean and the admission office. What they told me two days ago was that with more withdrawing coming up, they will distribute more in the following weeks. So my understanding is that you have to at least PTE to have a chance to receive these further merit-based scholarships.
Okay, thank you for sharing this!

Anyone else on CC get the email from Loyola saying your FAFSA was received?

I just did my plan to enroll at Loyola and withdrew my other acceptances! I was wondering if there is a deposit or any checklists of things we have to do after accepting the seat. I can't find it anywhere but I know the other schools I were in had long checklists of like transcripts, vaccines, deposits.... anyone know if there is a list and if there are upcoming due dates for anything

I just did my plan to enroll at Loyola and withdrew my other acceptances! I was wondering if there is a deposit or any checklists of things we have to do after accepting the seat. I can't find it anywhere but I know the other schools I were in had long checklists of like transcripts, vaccines, deposits.... anyone know if there is a list and if there are upcoming due dates for anything
I just found one! :) And I believe the immunization/vaccine info deadlines were in a pdf attached to the acceptance email
Prematriculation & Orientation Information: Loyola University Chicago Health Sciences Campus

Last edited:
Loyola M3 (almost M4) here. If any male student is looking for an incredible apartment about 5 minutes from school- DM me! I'm giving up my spot in a 2Bed/2Bath luxury apartment in Forest Park as I will not be in the area next year! Very sad to be leaving this place to be honest- has honestly been the best place I've lived in. Huge apartment and your roommate will be an M3 male- which in all honesty will be a life savor. Mentorship is definitely key in med school so living with an upperclassmen will definitely help when you inevitably need some guidance! Also, the apartment is incredibly quiet and I'll leave my L desk, desk chair, bed frame, and mattress- so the apartment will be fully furnished for you. Plus Garage parking and a 2-minute walk to the Blue Line (easy access to downtown).

This apartment has been handed off to different Loyola med students for the past several years and the landlord is a Stritch grad's mom! I'm promoting this apartment as it's been a great place to live and couldn't recommend it more.

• Love
Has anyone heard of WL/CC movement recently? If not I'm thinking the class must be pretty full?

I'd really appreciate any insight cause I'm anxious and last years threads show tons of movement around now. Help me SDN, you're my only hope...

Has anyone heard of WL/CC movement recently? If not I'm thinking the class must be pretty full?

I'd really appreciate any insight cause I'm anxious and last years threads show tons of movement around now. Help me SDN, you're my only hope...
+1 wondering this too lol.
People have said they meet the 2nd and fourth monday so maybe the committee hasn’t met yet? Cant be too sure

Hi everyone! In response to @chizel0908 and @nadesk I was accepted earlier this week to Loyola's MD/PhD program so waitlist movement is happening! I was wondering if there were any student groups (GroupMes, Slack Channels, etc.) that someone could add me to so I can get to know my future classmates and look for potential roommates? I requested to join the FB 2026 page as soon as I got accepted and am waiting to be added

• Love
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! In response to @chizel0908 and @nadesk I was accepted earlier this week to Loyola's MD/PhD program so waitlist movement is happening! I was wondering if there were any student groups (GroupMes, Slack Channels, etc.) that someone could add me to so I can get to know my future classmates and look for potential roommates? I requested to join the FB 2026 page as soon as I got accepted and am waiting to be added
If I'm not mistaken, the MD/PhD pool is totally separate from the regular MD pool and has a different AdCom. I could be wrong. Congratulations on your A!

can i message you please?

Just withdrew my acceptance from here! Loyola seems to be an amazing school and the admin, faculties, and students seem very genuine, kind, and happy. 😊 They really do have a way of selecting their people I’d say. I would’ve loved to go here but just got off the waitlist from a state school and couldn’t really ignore tuition and being close to family. I hope it goes to one of you guys! 💕

• Care
Reactions: 10 users
Got an acceptance call from the WL earlier this afternoon! Such a dream come true. Good luck to those still waiting!

• Love
Reactions: 10 users
Congrats to everyone who was accepted! Incoming M4 here- happy to answer any questions. No regrets. Happy to be a soon-to-be-alumni of Stritch.

Hi y’all It’s may 17th and ngl feeling a little down after I peaked at last years sdn thread. Is it safe to say the class is pretty full at this point in the cycle?

Hi y’all It’s may 17th and ngl feeling a little down after I peaked at last years sdn thread. Is it safe to say the class is pretty full at this point in the cycle?
Yeah, I'm honestly baffled at this year's thread compared to previous years. According to SDN so far, only 1 individual has come off the WL and not a single person has come off CC (that we know of). Obviously, SDN isn't an accurate indication but you'd expect more people to post lol. Keep the faith though. You never know.

Last edited:
All classes in the country are full- its a matter of one person leaving one person getting filled. Thats how WL works at this point :)

Admitted from the waitlist today! Interviewed early February. Best of luck to you all!

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
admitted from CC today! (they tried to call me yesterday but I didn’t see it lol) interviewed 2/1

Reactions: 3 users
Hi all! Congrats to everyone accepted off the WL!

I'm just posting this apartment again only because I'm taking a research year and will no longer be in Chicago for a year! DM me if you're interested.

_________

If any male student is looking for an incredible apartment about 5 minutes from school- DM me! I'm giving up my spot in a 2Bed/2Bath luxury apartment in Forest Park as I will not be in the area next year! Very sad to be leaving this place to be honest- has honestly been the best place I've lived in. Huge apartment and your roommate will be an M3 male- which in all honesty will be a life savor. Mentorship is definitely key in med school so living with an upperclassmen will definitely help when you inevitably need some guidance! Also, the apartment is incredibly quiet and I'll leave my L desk, desk chair, bed frame, and mattress- so the apartment will be fully furnished for you. Plus Garage parking and a 2-minute walk to the Blue Line (easy access to downtown).

This apartment has been handed off to different Loyola med students for the past several years and the landlord is a Stritch grad's mom! I'm promoting this apartment as it's been a great place to live and couldn't recommend it more.

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted off the waitlist and I’m trying to get a feel for what this fall will look like. Just wondering if any current Stritch students would be willing to share what their daily schedule looked like in first year :)

Hi everyone! I was recently accepted off the waitlist and I’m trying to get a feel for what this fall will look like. Just wondering if any current Stritch students would be willing to share what their daily schedule looked like in first year :)
Don't worry about that, just enjoy your summer :)

Hi! I was wondering where students do rotations for 3rd & 4th year? And is it a lottery system? It seems like we'll mostly be on campus for 1st & 2nd year? I was thinking of perhaps buying a place near the school with a partner, but if rotations are in the city then I'm not too sure. Thanks!

Hi! I was wondering where students do rotations for 3rd & 4th year? And is it a lottery system? It seems like we'll mostly be on campus for 1st & 2nd year? I was thinking of perhaps buying a place near the school with a partner, but if rotations are in the city then I'm not too sure. Thanks!
99 percent of rotations are done on campus, or at our local other hospitals called Gottlieb or macneal. They are like a 15 min drive max. The VA is on campus.

Not in the city.