2022-2023 Loyola (Stritch)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
It's my 1st time applying to this school. It didn't even occur to me that I didn't get a "complete" email. The only email I got was, "Thank you for submitting your supplemental application. Your file will be reviewed upon receipt of your most recent set of MCAT scores. To avoid further delay, please submit your letters of recommendation if you haven't already done so. If you have any questions, feel free to contact our admissions office at [email protected]" I trusted that my LOR and MCAT were sent automatically...
I'm really sorry :(. Do you mind if I ask you what message your portal displays on top of the checklist? I'm surprised to see that the checklist doesn't include MCAT scores, as most other schools that have portals with checklists do. Maybe that's a recommendation/suggestion that we can send them, so other applicants can benefit in the future?

Members don't see this ad.

I'm really sorry :(. Do you mind if I ask you what message your portal displays on top of the checklist? I'm surprised to see that the checklist doesn't include MCAT scores, as most other schools that have portals with checklists do. Maybe that's a recommendation/suggestion that we can send them, so other applicants can benefit in the future?
1675287500792.png

this is what the portal looks like. i guess you cant see that they received the MCAT but how would I know that? :( I trusted that my score was sent automatically. I even called the other school I applied to and they got my score (UICOM).

View attachment 365419
this is what the portal looks like. i guess you cant see that they received the MCAT but how would I know that? :( I trusted that my score was sent automatically. I even called the other school I applied to and they got my score (UICOM).
huh, that's odd. I thought once our score was released, all scores get reported on our amcas app. is that not the case? The only thing that we had to "send" was the LOR, and even that was done in the AMCAS system

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 365419
Oh I'm sorry :(. Mine says
  • Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine.

But also, I didn't realize they had completed their interviews already :((( that means I'm also about to be rejected.

• Hmm
Reactions: 4 users
huh, that's odd. I thought once our score was released, all scores get reported on our amcas app. is that not the case? The only thing that we had to "send" was the LOR, and even that was done in the AMCAS system
I emailed the assistant dean to give me a chance. Because I believe there has been a glitch in the system... I hope they can see through their hearts to give me a chance...

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
Oh I'm sorry :(. Mine says
  • Your file is complete and currently undergoing a review by our committee. Thank you for applying to Loyola University Chicago-Stritch School of Medicine.

But also, I didn't realize they had completed their interviews already :((( that means I'm also about to be rejected.
i'm sorry. looks like you have acceptance at DO school though. well I didn't realize I was supposed to get that email. i guess I know now but its too late...

Omg...I'm so upset. Loyola never got my MCAT score and that's the reason they are kicking my application out and they said its too late to sort things through. 😭 I thought MCAT score is released automatically...wth
i hope you can get an interview! I believe Stritch still interviews until the end of this month. I would definitely reach out to Dean Nabers as well if you haven’t done so already. He is really nice so he would be able to help!

Where’s the best place to send a letter of intent? Portal or direct email?

Omg...I'm so upset. Loyola never got my MCAT score and that's the reason they are kicking my application out and they said its too late to sort things through. 😭 I thought MCAT score is released automatically...wth
wait how do you know they kicked out your application? did they contact you specifically saying they did not get your MCAT scores?

i hope you can get an interview! I believe Stritch still interviews until the end of this month. I would definitely reach out to Dean Nabers as well if you haven’t done so already. He is really nice so he would be able to help!
i emailed him. he did reply and he said he will be talking to IT about this. Thank u! i really hope there is a silver lining 🤞

wait how do you know they kicked out your application? did they contact you specifically saying they did not get your MCAT scores?
they emailed me a status update saying "Due to your incomplete file, we have not considered your application for admission to Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine for the class of 2027. ..." so I called them. then that's when they told me that they never received my mcat score. but its too late now...😪

they emailed me a status update saying "Due to your incomplete file, we have not considered your application for admission to Loyola University Chicago Stritch School of Medicine for the class of 2027. ..." so I called them. then that's when they told me that they never received my mcat score. but its too late now...😪
that's insane. Wouldn't that be entirely on AAMC? MCAT scores are supposed to be automatically distributed

Has anyone who interviewed in December heard back recently? I remember seeing one post of someone with a mid-December interview getting in, but nothing since then.

Members don't see this ad :)
View attachment 365419
Wait it says interviews are complete for this cycle? My portal says my file is still under review?

Sent an update in November, love Loyola, would it be acceptable to send another letter of interest?

I got a confirmation email about my withdrawal of my application/secondary invite when I withdrew around 11/15.

Wait it says interviews are complete for this cycle? My portal says my file is still under review?

Mine also still says under review. Maybe they updated it for them only because they closed the file? Not sure.

Reactions: 2 users
Sent an update in November, love Loyola, would it be acceptable to send another letter of interest?
On my campus visit, admissions office staff were clear that they are very encouraging of applicants expressing continued interest. If I weren't admitted elsewhere in Chicago, Loyola is the school I'd be (gently) spamming. Go for it!

On my campus visit, admissions office staff were clear that they are very encouraging of applicants expressing continued interest. If I weren't admitted elsewhere in Chicago, Loyola is the school I'd be (gently) spamming. Go for it!
You think it’s worth sending a letter of interest after interview? I sent two update letters before the interview as well. Don’t want to overdo it and annoy them but it’s def my top choice

You think it’s worth sending a letter of interest after interview? I sent two update letters before the interview as well. Don’t want to overdo it and annoy them but it’s def my top choice
I'd use your judgment based on the timeline of your most recent letter, interview date, and what you may know about adcom meetings/decision days. If it has been 3+ weeks since your interview, I think a brief note about enjoying the interview day, reinforcing your belief in your fit for the school, and any additional updates would be fine.

Are you on CC? If you are on CC and it's your top choice, why don't you just send a letter of intent instead of a letter of interest?

Reactions: 1 users
I'd use your judgment based on the timeline of your most recent letter, interview date, and what you may know about adcom meetings/decision days. If it has been 3+ weeks since your interview, I think a brief note about enjoying the interview day, reinforcing your belief in your fit for the school, and any additional updates would be fine.

I interviewed on January 24th. I was thinking of sending another letter of interest in the next few days, so that they have it before the admissions committee meets. I’m also wondering if it’s worth asking them when the committee is planning on meeting? I was thinking I may email Dean Nabers to ask. If they aren’t meeting for another couple weeks then I’ll probably wait on the letter. Idk I certainly dont want to be annoying but it’s my top choice and I want them to know that.

If I do get put on CC, then I’ll definitely send a letter of intent. It’s just that idk how useful it would be unless I were to get waitlisted.

I interviewed on January 24th. I was thinking of sending another letter of interest in the next few days, so that they have it before the admissions committee meets. I’m also wondering if it’s worth asking them when the committee is planning on meeting? I was thinking I may email Dean Nabers to ask. If they aren’t meeting for another couple weeks then I’ll probably wait on the letter. Idk I certainly dont want to be annoying but it’s my top choice and I want them to know that.

If I do get put on CC, then I’ll definitely send a letter of intent. It’s just that idk how useful it would be unless I were to get waitlisted.
I would wait until you receive a decision before sending anything else unless you feel like your interview did not go well. They should have noticed your enthusiasm and interest in attending if you expressed it during your interview and I hope you hear good news when decisions are released.

When in previous years is Loyola typically done sending out IIs?

Really anxious, and hoping for some information.
What are the chances that an interview turns into an acceptance here at Loyola?
Any tips on the most recent interview process here?

Really anxious, and hoping for some information.
What are the chances that an interview turns into an acceptance here at Loyola?
Any tips on the most recent interview process here?

When was your interview?

I believe Loyola has a relatively high post-II acceptance of around 70%. So the odds are certainly in your favor.

DM me if you haven’t interviewed yet and would like some tips. I interviewed late Jan, haven’t heard back yet. They said it takes 4-6 weeks but based on this forum some people heard back as early as 2-2.5 weeks. It depends on when the admissions committee meets.

this is definitely a great choice and one of my top choices, i sent a few update letters with no II yet, any advice? i would really love the chance to be able to interview here

Just sent my final update letter to Loyola... Fingers crossed!

Reactions: 8 users
II today ORM, OOS, complete 7/21

• Love
  • Wow
II today ORM, OOS, complete 7/21
Congratulations! I was wondering what your stats are as I'm considering sending an update letter but I'm not sure if I should.

I love Loyola for sending out so many IIs lately, but I really hope they release more decisions soon 😭

• Care
can anyone send me a screenshot/relay in the info from the document attached to the interview invite? unfortunately i cant download or view it on any device - its like a broken link. i was able to schedule my interview on their site tho. i would greatly appreciate this!

can anyone send me a screenshot/relay in the info from the document attached to the interview invite? unfortunately i cant download or view it on any device - its like a broken link. i was able to schedule my interview on their site tho. i would greatly appreciate this!
dm'ed you

I’m all set now thanks everyone for the help!

Receieved notice of continued consideration. Interviewed back in early December. Fingers crossed for some waitlist/CC movement this year!