2022-2023 Midwestern University (Glendale, Arizona) AZCOM

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Did u get complete same day? I submitted 6/29 and was not complete until 7/26 after calling admissions
I got the complete email on 7/4!

Members don't see this ad.

It seems they are sending interview invites before interview waitlists? I think last year they sent waitlists first...

Reactions: 1 user
II today International (Canadian) 512 MCAT cGPA 3.94 sGPA 3.95 complete June 6 (I think lol)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
II on Aug 4 at 0155. OOS (MT) 3.87 3.81sGPA 514. Secondary submit Jun 24.

I'm really excited they want to interview me. My physician mentor throughout my application process is a DO that graduated from Midwestern. He's an amazing person and physician. Honestly, if Midwestern could make me into half the guy he is, I would be delighted.

I do have reservations about Midwestern though. COA over 4 years is almost $500k...and I want to go into primary care. It doesn't seem worth $20k more per year than most other DO schools. Of course...it's different if it becomes my only shot...

Reactions: 3 users
Did anybody ever get an interview invite email, or did everyone just see by logging into the secondary portal?

Did anyone get an email saying your application is incomplete? I submitted my secondary 6/28 and got the incomplete email on 07/21. My applicant checklist is complete according to the portal. update: the email was sent in error

Last edited:
I don't see a page/character limit for the C.V., does anyone know if there is a page limit?

I’m pretty sure there isn’t. I’m not creative whatsoever and I feel like my 2 1/2 page resume looks terrible, but I have an interview scheduled for September

Members don't see this ad :)
I’m pretty sure there isn’t. I’m not creative whatsoever and I feel like my 2 1/2 page resume looks terrible, but I have an interview scheduled for September

Congrats! When did you receive the complete email?

I submitted my secondary on 6/28/22 and havent heard anything so far. is it worth emailing to get an update or should i just wait it out?

II received! OOS. I submitted my secondary on 7/15.

Reactions: 3 users
II received - IS - 507/3.39/3.78 - Army Veteran

II around 3am this morning! OOS and LM 68. Secondary complete on 6/29

II at 12:57 in the morning lol. OOS cGPA 3.74, sGPA 3.63, MCAT 507. Anyone know if there is an unspoken bias about virtual interviews? been talking to my boss who is a doctor and he really wants me to do the in-person interview. Kind of difficult to get there and everything so wondering if anyone knows anything about this.

II at 12:57 in the morning lol. OOS cGPA 3.74, sGPA 3.63, MCAT 507. Anyone know if there is an unspoken bias about virtual interviews? been talking to my boss who is a doctor and he really wants me to do the in-person interview. Kind of difficult to get there and everything so wondering if anyone knows anything about this.
There email does say they won't discriminate if you do it virtual, so I'll hold them to it.

There email does say they won't discriminate if you do it virtual, so I'll hold them to it.
Thank you!! yeah just hearing so many different things from other pre meds its just another thing I may be overthinking

I hope this continues to be an option and that they don’t discriminate against those who choose virtual. This whole process is so expensive and not everyone has all the extra time and money to be flying across the country for interviews. I think once accepted that’s when students should spend the money to go out and visit schools to feel which one fits best. Just my little rant :)

Reactions: 2 users
If I submitted my secondary august 8th, when can I expect the complete email?

My friend heard back today after completing the interview last week and was accepted! looks like they send acceptances pretty quickly after interview.

Reactions: 6 users
My friend heard back today after completing the interview last week and was accepted! looks like they send acceptances pretty quickly after interview.
What is the interview like? Is it more relaxed/conversation-based than some other interviews?

For those that got an II, were u able to get an online appointment. I am still waiting for additional slots to open up

For those of you who got an II, when were you marked as complete? I was marked as complete on 07/10 and havent heard anything— I also had to resubmit my transcript to AACOMAs so Im curious if that played a factor in anything

Should I be concerned that I haven't hear back yet from this school when I was marked complete 07/10?

Congrats to everyone who got an II! I was wondering everyone's thoughts on if it was too late to apply/submit a secondary? I applied to DO schools earlier in the cycle but then got busy with MD apps. I might have the capacity to write a few more and was just trying to gauge if it was too late in the cycle to submit

Hey guys, M1 at Midwestern and just wanted to make myself available for any questions :)

Congrats to everyone who got an II! I was wondering everyone's thoughts on if it was too late to apply/submit a secondary? I applied to DO schools earlier in the cycle but then got busy with MD apps. I might have the capacity to write a few more and was just trying to gauge if it was too late in the cycle to submit
Id say go for it

Do you know if they screen out MCAT scores?
I don't think they do. They did give a presentation at orientation that said the average MCAT of our class was 505, so clearly they take some lower scores. I think that's lower than what gets reported for them, I remember seeing their average MCAT being 507 at one point.

I don't think they do. They did give a presentation at orientation that said the average MCAT of our class was 505, so clearly they take some lower scores. I think that's lower than what gets reported for them, I remember seeing their average MCAT being 507 at one point.
Ok thanks, I remember seeing a post about 510!

Where are rotations completed at? Also where can we find information on community engagement and service?
So rotations ARE arranged for you, it's not where you have to slap it together like some DO schools. There are several regions and you rank your choices, with a computerized lottery and then the option to trade other students after.

Options are east & west Phoenix valley, Chicago, a rural town nearish to Chicago, San Diego & north or south LA. You do get moved around to a variety of hospital systems or preceptors AFAIK, based on scheduling. But they have agreements with all the big names in Phoenix and it looks like at least one major system in the LA/SD/Chicago sites.

Community engagement - are you talking about the ability for you to get volunteer hours? They use the "TOUCH" hours system & have a list of local places you can hit up. Some clubs arrange their own service events too.

Does the school have a cadaver lab?
Yep! You end up in there about once every week or every other week. You're split into groups of 4-5 people per donor and you do every 3rd dissection basically, since it is a huge class and only about ~25 donors I think.

does anyone know if the interviews are open, closed, or semi-closed file? what info do the interviewees have about the applicant?