2022-2023 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
OUWB just matched my scholarship to another program

Reactions: 1 user
Withdraw my position from the Teir 1 waitlist. Good luck to everyone! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Declined my A today, was part of the first tier WL. Good luck everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
Did you get accepted off the WL today?
No, Wednesday (5 days ago). As for stats, I can email if interested, but I would recommend not stressing about stats too much (too much anxiety and you can't change them), especially for a school like OUWB that values service to others and how far you've come as an applicant.

Accepted off 1st tier waitlist via email this morning as well. Interviewed back in September.

Members don't see this ad :)
Question for any current medical student attending OUWB, I received an acceptance yesterday. After accepting, in the pre-matriculation section, I noticed I am not checked off for statistics, but during my undergraduate degree, I took Calculus I and Calculus II instead of a statistics course. Is it possible my acceptance could be revoked?

Question for any current medical student attending OUWB, I received an acceptance yesterday. After accepting, in the pre-matriculation section, I noticed I am not checked off for statistics, but during my undergraduate degree, I took Calculus I and Calculus II instead of a statistics course. Is it possible my acceptance could be revoked?
I have that on mine too, with a virtually identical situation. I wouldn't worry about it. If it's on your transcript, you're probably good, but that's just m opinion.

Call admissions

does anyone know what percentage of students get scholarships from Oakland? I am trying to decide between Wayne State and Oakland. Oakland seems to be significantly more. thanks in advance!

does anyone know what percentage of students get scholarships from Oakland? I am trying to decide between Wayne State and Oakland. Oakland seems to be significantly more. thanks in advance!
2nd year Student at OUWB. I'd say quite a few people get scholarships from OUWB both entering in and throughout the school year. Not sure of an exact percentage of students who get the quarter/half/full tuition scholarships (but they do like to offer it up until orientation), but they also offer a lot of internal opportunities for donor scholarships in the first semester of each year for 10,000. This year we had 9 M1s get specifically M1 scholarships by Corewell Health foundation (for those who don't know, Beaumont is now called Corewell after merging with Spectrum Health on the other side of the state) that they can apply to in second semester. We had around 100-150ish scholarships give or take that they offer among the M2s-M4s.

Reactions: 1 users
can any current med students speak on the technology package? what is tech is given to students? is it like a chromebook from high school that we just rent and return, or is it ours to keep?

if its like a chromebook from high school then ill probably just buy my own stuff bc the chromebooks from high school couldnt even access youtube bc of how strict the school was lending tech to students lol.

Just got the A - I’m on 4 WLs and it’s my first A :’) I cried when I got the call lol. OOS, interviewed September, waitlisted November, tier 1 email in April

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Just got the A via email! OOS Interviewed 11/03, waitlisted 12/08, and 1st tier email 03/29!

Reactions: 6 users
Congrats to all the A’s ! Welcome!! I’m so happy to be attending this program.

Reactions: 3 users
In the admissions tab in the portal it says "By June 26, Commit to Enroll is required to be selected.". Does this mean we have to withdraw from other WLs by June 26th?

In the admissions tab in the portal it says "By June 26, Commit to Enroll is required to be selected.". Does this mean we have to withdraw from other WLs by June 26th?
Yes

do we need rain boots for the area? I hear it rains/snows a lot

do we need rain boots for the area? I hear it rains/snows a lot

You will probably need it for snow! It hasn’t rained much here in a while so i wouldn’t worry about that for the summer and spring but you’ll most likely need one for late fall and winter.

For those that were accepted this cycle, what were your SJT/PreView scores? Should I retake a score that is below 5?