2021-2022 Oakland (Beaumont)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Pre-II R, complete mid July

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Gosh are these R's coming in waves?? scared I'm next today

Reactions: 1 users
Pre II R. OOS. Isn't Beaumont the best out of the non UMich Michigan schools?

Waitlist, don't know which tier because that's conveyed later in the cycle. OOS and interviewed early Nov.

Waitlisted :/ I really hate to be dramatic but I'm honestly kind of crushed guys lol. I haven't seen a ton of people saying OUWB was their top choice, but it really was for me!! I legitimately JUST finished drafting my Letter of Intent. Doubt it would have mattered had I sent it yesterday, but still. Damn.

Anyway, was REALLY impressed by a lot of the people at my interview day, so I hope there are A's on the way to you guys now!

LM 69, OOS, complete in mid-September :)

Last edited:
Waitlist as well. OOS and Interviewed late October. LM 75. Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

BTW, could any of you give any information about the waitlist movement at this school?

Waitlist as well. OOS and Interviewed late October. LM 75. Congratulations to all who have been accepted!

BTW, could any of you give any information about the waitlist movement at this school?
Maybe the person who PMed me wants to chime in, but they said a current student told them there was very little movement last year :/

Maybe the person who PMed me wants to chime in, but they said a current student told them there was very little movement last year :/

Really? I’ve heard they usually make it through the entire first tier and midway through the second

Interesting! Do you remember where you heard that? I know a few schools are pretty transparent about these numbers, but I'm not sure if OUWB is one of them.

I believe from a couple of current students/past threads! I personally have at least one friend at OUWB who reports decent WL movement, but their cycle was two years ago rather than last one

Members don't see this ad :)
MS4 here. It might have changed in recent years and I do believe there was very little WL movement last year. But I actually got off the Tier 2 waitlist before Tier 1 was exhausted. At the end of the day they want to keep a certain amount of diversity and fit for the school, so if they have a spot but no one on Tier 1 best first that spot but someone on Tier 2 does they might go down to Tier 2. That's how it was explained to me years ago.

Till when do schools usually give out II? Is it common to be invited in January?

II today, complete 8/12. Will most likely be withdrawing, I hope one of you gets it :) good luck!

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
II just know - For those who have interviewed, at what time did you start/finish. If I have a final @2:45 the same day as my interview, would I be done with the interview before? Thanks!

II just now! Complete 8/10, OOS.

Reactions: 2 users
II just know - For those who have interviewed, at what time did you start/finish. If I have a final @2:45 the same day as my interview, would I be done with the interview before? Thanks!
No. You will be done at about 3:45pm. You'll have an intro from about 9:50-11:45, then a break until your first interview at either 1230 or 1:30pm, then another break after that half hour until your second half hour interview. And then a regroup with the original zoom room at 3:15pm until 3:45pm.

No. You will be done at about 3:45pm. You'll have an intro from about 9:50-11:45, then a break until your first interview at either 1230 or 1:30pm, then another break after that half hour until your second half hour interview. And then a regroup with the original zoom room at 3:15pm until 3:45pm.
Oh dang, thanks!

I saw on the interview day agenda that there are 3 slots for the interview, one of them being a break. Can you choose on interview day when you want to have your 30 min break and when to have the other 2 30 min interviews, or no? When do you find out what time the actual interviews are?

I saw on the interview day agenda that there are 3 slots for the interview, one of them being a break. Can you choose on interview day when you want to have your 30 min break and when to have the other 2 30 min interviews, or no? When do you find out what time the actual interviews are?
They assign you a few weeks out. They will tell you your interviewers and your time. Info will pop up in your portal under the interview section. I do not believe you have any control over your break.

They assign you a few weeks out. They will tell you your interviewers and your time. Info will pop up in your portal under the interview section. I do not believe you have any control over your break.
I'm interviewing this week and still haven't gotten any information on the interviews timings or who I am interviewing with. Should I reach out to admissions and ask, or will it come under my portal?

I'm interviewing this week and still haven't gotten any information on the interviews timings or who I am interviewing with. Should I reach out to admissions and ask, or will it come under my portal?
Have you uploaded your photo and everything else in the interview portal tab? Once you complete the one or two assignments it should pop up at the bottom of the page where it says “video interview” like it did here in this pic.

Attachments

• F12F30DD-CC3A-4BE3-BBF7-A6F7E0F7345B.png
    F12F30DD-CC3A-4BE3-BBF7-A6F7E0F7345B.png
    150.8 KB · Views: 204
Have you uploaded your photo and everything else in the interview portal tab? Once you complete the one or two assignments it should pop up at the bottom of the page where it says “video interview” like it did here in this pic.
Yes I uploaded my photo, I think that was the only thing I had to do. How long after you uploaded your photo did that tab open for you? Maybe I just need to wait a little longer

Yes I uploaded my photo, I think that was the only thing I had to do. How long after you uploaded your photo did that tab open for you? Maybe I just need to wait a little longer
For me it was right after but I uploaded the photo on like Tuesday/Wednesday before my Fri interview. They also sent an email with your interviewers names and the time the day before the interview so I would just wait it out and maybe check your portal periodically throughout the week.

I'm also interviewing on Thursday and I, too, haven't received any info about timings or interviewers. My photo's uploaded as well.

When they described the interviews as closed file for academic record and LORs, do they still have access to our AMCAS experiences and secondaries?

When they described the interviews as closed file for academic record and LORs, do they still have access to our AMCAS experiences and secondaries?

I believe so - They are Semi-Blinded so I'm anticipating they will be able to read our PS, Activities, and Secondary responses.

II - 11/1
Complete- 10/1
Scheduled: mid December ( there were also dates in the middle of November available but I did not feel ready)

BTW Did you click the 'Video Interview' at the bottom of the Interview Tab? Once you sign the TOS, you should be able to see times + who your interviewers will be.

BTW Did you click the 'Video Interview' at the bottom of the Interview Tab? Once you sign the TOS, you should be able to see times + who your interviewers will be.
Yeah I saw that! That makes it so much more real though, kinda nervewracking😅

Anyone who interviewed on 11/18 hear anything back?
Nope, also an 11/18 interview and haven’t heard anything. I believe they said it would be January on interview day.

Got the acceptance call today as well, Interview 11/18!:)

• Love
Reactions: 4 users
Can we expect a WL or R if we didn’t get a call today lol. Interviewed 11/18 also and no call, email, or updates to the portal.

do they accept pre-ii LOI? Or do you think it would be good to send one in?

Hey guys! I forget if the attendance for lectures is mandatory. I think they mentioned it during the interview. Does anyone know?

WL today. Interviewed on 11/18. Thought I did really well on the interview also.

• Care
Hey guys! I forget if the attendance for lectures is mandatory. I think they mentioned it during the interview. Does anyone know?
Only for certain lectures. Attendance is no longer required for honors during preclinical years.

Can we expect a WL or R if we didn’t get a call today lol. Interviewed 11/18 also and no call, email, or updates to the portal.
In terms of OUWB, no news is considered good news and that you're still in the running.

Only for certain lectures. Attendance is no longer required for honors during preclinical years.

What is required for honors for preclinical years? I saw online something about 80% attendance required for honors so assuming that’s not the case any more?

Last edited:
What do you mean by “attendance is no longer required for honors”? What does honors mean again?

Unlike a fair number of schools that are true pass/fail during preclinical years, OUWB has honors/pass/fail. Honors requires a >90% grade average for the course. Previously I believe you needed 70% attendance to qualify for honors even if you got 100%. AOA is based on your grades for your first 3 years. Honors adds more points to your cumulative total compared to pass.

Unlike a fair number of schools that are true pass/fail during preclinical years, OUWB has honors/pass/fail. Honors requires a >90% grade average for the course. Previously I believe you needed 70% attendance to qualify for honors even if you got 100%. AOA is based on your grades for your first 3 years. Honors adds more points to your cumulative total compared to pass.
you’re tellin me 0% attendance with 95% in the course = honors? That’s great!

Would you say its easy to score well without going to class? Is everything recorded online?

Complete 7/1 and still haven't heard anything. Starting to get worried that they forgot me.

Anyone else in the same boat?