2022-2023 Ohio University Heritage College of Osteopathic Medicine (OU-HCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
idk about you guys but i don't think im gonna make it over the next couple months lol the stress is crazy

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
did anyone on the waitlist hear back today?
Also did anyone else withdraw their acceptances? I wanna know the number of ppl who withdrew so far. I know two ppl who did.

Members don't see this ad :)
nuttin. I can only hope we all get accepted in one fell swoop. that'll be the day

Reactions: 3 users
What do I do in the meantime? Im freaking out.
perfect the art of espresso. organize the home screen on ya phone. follow up a 8-10hr shift with a lift session at the local gym. avoid vinyl collecting at all costs.... hm what else.

• Haha
Reactions: 2 users
perfect the art of espresso. organize the home screen on ya phone. follow up a 8-10hr shift with a lift session at the local gym. avoid vinyl collecting at all costs.... hm what else.
this is art

Reactions: 1 user
Ive been working out more, watching movies, listening to podcast and playing video games. Waiting for that new Zelda game to come out.

tbh expect calls from 🎵your local Rite Aid pharmacy🎵 before OUHCOM this month. (mine just called ._. )

Members don't see this ad :)
I tried organizing my home screen and quit in the middle, it took too long lol. I am gonna try going to the gym tho.

Nice what else do you play. I play COD. and have been watching smallville
Elden Ring is a real time killer. Ive also been wanting to play that new Harry Potter game, but I only have a PS4 :(
Im a very story driven single player game person. If you like those kind of games I would recommend Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us.

Hello friends! I'm a rising third year on the dub campus! I wanted to come in and wish you all good luck. I remember sitting on the waitlist two years ago, stressing and not hopeful. I had the following:

-lower mcat (499 [first time] and 502 [second time])
-3.4 overall undergrad gpa
-2.9 science undergrad gpa
-3.97 grad school GPA
-no DO shadowing or letter of recommendation
-maybe 100 hours max of medical volunteering
-maybe 50 hours max of shadowing
*Granted I applied during COVID so a lot of things were shut down when I was trying to get hours.
-EDIT: URM

I am also a nontraditional female (started at 27 and I'm 29 now). I absolutely remember being in your shoes. I didn't think I was going to get in at all and had virtually resigned myself to waiting another round. However, that call from Dean Burke two years ago changed my life.

Do not give up my friends! Your time is coming. I remember those LONG months on the waitlist were tough but it will all work out :)

Please let me know if you need anything!

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 6 users
Elden Ring is a real time killer. Ive also been wanting to play that new Harry Potter game, but I only have a PS4 :(
Im a very story driven single player game person. If you like those kind of games I would recommend Horizon Zero Dawn and Last of Us.
New Star Wars game is crazy fun also

Accepted yesterday from Waiting list. Guys this has been tough to me. Stay positive, your time is coming

• Care
Reactions: 5 users
Waitlisted in November. Low stats 49X, 3.6 GPA, lots of clinical hours. URM, immigrant.
oof. I got a long way to go then. I waitlisted 3/21/23. ⏳ (and sure, if Dr. Schriner says there's a ton of movement in May, it's only 5/5 and patience is a virtue :1whistle:)

oof. I got a long way to go then. I waitlisted 3/21/23. ⏳ (and sure, if Dr. Schriner says there's a ton of movement in May, it's only 5/5 and patience is a virtue
I don’t think it 100% matters when you were WL because they have the meeting to rank every person on the waitlist, now idk what plays a role in that though

I don’t think it 100% matters when you were WL because they have the meeting to rank every person on the waitlist, now idk what plays a role in that though
I would agree with this. My best friend was waitlisted before I was and he was not pulled off the waitlist while I was.

• Care
I wanna play Harry Potter too but yah I also only have the ps4. Last of us is great.

Just withdrew my acceptance via email just now! Good luck to those of you on the waitlist!!

• Care
Does anyone know if there's an accepted students GroupMe? I am looking to meet some people and potential roommates.

Heard it doesn't run well on PC :(

I'll wait for the patch
If you're wondering why, the topic is discussed of the most recent episode of The Wan Show. tbh, I did a video game cleanse to prep for the fall. It started with Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, then Xbox (specifically MW2). I tried picking it back up but the new MacBook Air M2 didn't run CS:GO very well at all, and it was probably for the best. Removing those has allowed me to "reclaim my time" to do more wood projects, mtn bike night rides, and more zen stuff like lawn mowing different patterns in an old man's lawn.

If you're wondering why, the topic is discussed of the most recent episode of The Wan Show. tbh, I did a video game cleanse to prep for the fall. It started with Instagram, Twitter, Reddit, then Xbox (specifically MW2). I tried picking it back up but the new MacBook Air M2 didn't run CS:GO very well at all, and it was probably for the best. Removing those has allowed me to "reclaim my time" to do more wood projects, mtn bike night rides, and more zen stuff like lawn mowing different patterns in an old man's lawn.
Yeah I don't really spend too much time on video games anyways. I work full-time so any free time is mostly filled with hobbies/ gym/family time. The video games are for when the aforementioned are not possible, or if I'm truly bored or sick @ home with time to kill.

There's still time for that in med school, just far, far less than usual. You need to still be human. Time management and prioritizing hobbies/self-care is key for mitigating burnout.

So I think it's awesome you're reclaiming time to do your zen things. I do love me a nicely mowed lawn :=|:-):

Hi I haven't found a GroupMe for accepted students to make friends / find roommates so I made one feel free to join!
You're invited to join my group "OUHCOM c/o 2027" on GroupMe. GroupMe

Any movement on the waitlist this week?🥲🥲

Hi I haven't found a GroupMe for accepted students to make friends / find roommates so I made one feel free to join!
You're invited to join my group "OUHCOM c/o 2027" on GroupMe. GroupMe
There's a link to the Class of 2027 GroupMe in the monthly inTouch emails for all accepted students. It was just resent to us on May 4th