2022-2023 Uniformed Services University of Health Sciences (USUHS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Medically DQ'ed. 😞 Rhabdomyolysis following a marathon that I did not adequately train for and tried to win. 🥴

But it's not over yet; time for a Hail Mary medical waiver request. If anyone has any advice on how to fight this, I will love you forever.

Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how many people they interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
Medically DQ'ed. 😞 Rhabdomyolysis following a marathon that I did not adequately train for and tried to win. 🥴

But it's not over yet; time for a Hail Mary medical waiver request. If anyone has any advice on how to fight this, I will love you forever.

Good luck everyone!
Really hope you can get that waiver through!! With DoDMERB still down, how did you find out about the DQ?

Reactions: 1 user
Really hope you can get that waiver through!! With DoDMERB still down, how did you find out about the DQ?
The commissioning coordinator at the office of admissions emailed me. I got all of my paperwork and exams done before DoDMERB went down.

The commissioning coordinator at the office of admissions emailed me. I got all of my paperwork and exams done before DoDMERB went down.
Hey! So sorry that this happened to you, I’m unfortunately in the same boat :/
I received an email saying I was DQ’d a few days back but wasn’t given a reason why. How long did it take before they got back to you with the reason for the disqualification?

I just found the SDN (really) and I was curious of somebody was in a similar situation as me. I completed my secondary the day it released in the summer and received an application complete (9/6). I received what I believe to be an interview hold 10/27 and have yet to hear back. By this point in December, are my chances of an interview almost gone? My MCAT was the last thing waiting with everything else having been submitted shortly after the opening date. I had to reschedule and did not get my results until August.

Also. Am I able to schedule a DODMERB appointment for checkover before interview invite or will I have to wait. I read on their site that the test needs to be done by the interview date if I'm not mistaken, but results can come later.

Last edited:
I just found the SDN (really) and I was curious of somebody was in a similar situation as me. I completed my secondary the day it released in the summer and received an application complete (9/6). I received what I believe to be an interview hold 10/27 and have yet to hear back. By this point in December, are my chances of an interview almost gone? My MCAT was the last thing waiting with everything else having been submitted shortly after the opening date. I had to reschedule and did not get my results until August.

Also. Am I able to schedule a DODMERB appointment for checkover before interview invite or will I have to wait. I read on their site that the test needs to be done by the interview date if I'm not mistaken, but results can come later.
I received an A without scheduling or doing the DODMERB appointment so I don't think you need to schedule one early. Initially, there was an issue with scheduling and then I got into my top choice.

I received an A without scheduling or doing the DODMERB appointment so I don't think you need to schedule one early. Initially, there was an issue with scheduling and then I got into my top choice.
Okay that is good to hear.

Hey! So sorry that this happened to you, I’m unfortunately in the same boat :/
I received an email saying I was DQ’d a few days back but wasn’t given a reason why. How long did it take before they got back to you with the reason for the disqualification?
If you reply to request a waiver, they will give you the reason in their reply along with instructions for submitting a waiver.

Has anyone been accepted for an Army slot and if so, any idea how many Army spots may be left at this point?

How long after your interview did you hear back?

Members don't see this ad :)

Hi. Have you received an invite yet? I am not sure if you can even take part in the dodmerb process prior to getting the invite. If you haven't gotten in yet there is no need to worry about.

Hi. Have you received an invite yet? I am not sure if you can even take part in the dodmerb process prior to getting the invite. If you haven't gotten in yet there is no need to worry about.
Not yet. Still awaiting after having received what I believe is an interview hold in October.

Email only. 504 MCAT, 3.9 GPA, in ROTC as well. Hoping for good news as movement happens later in the cycle 🙏
Keep ur head up, you have a high chance, I know this school has a lot of WL movement. may I ask how your interviews went/how you felt about them?

Keep ur head up, you have a high chance, I know this school has a lot of WL movement. may I ask how your interviews went/how you felt about them?
Thanks! Interviews went really well, solid conversation with both of my interviewers. MCAT score was probably the dagger for the adcom but the cycle ain't over yet

Withdrew my acceptance earlier today for the AF. Hope it goes to one of you waiting!

Reactions: 4 users
For those awaiting DoDMERB status (all exams complete and sent to DoDMERB from DoDMETS) while their website is down, try emailing your full name and last four SSN to [email protected]. The Chief of Operations emailed back a week later with a status update.

Last edited:
Any idea of interview chances following a hold still happening for the remaining month of Jan/early Feb? Not sure if I should reach out.

Any idea of interview chances following a hold still happening for the remaining month of Jan/early Feb? Not sure if I should reach out.
I’m in the same boat. I wasn’t marked complete until 9/13 so I’m hoping there’s another couple rounds in the timeframe you’re talking. I saw someone got an invite early December after being called complete in early august so maybe there’s some more coming down the pipe.

As far as emailing them, I guess if you had any admin issues/med/classes to make up maybe use that as cover. I doubt they’d deviate from the normal channels, but maybe.

I’m in the same boat. I wasn’t marked complete until 9/13 so I’m hoping there’s another couple rounds in the timeframe you’re talking. I saw someone got an invite early December after being called complete in early august so maybe there’s some more coming down the pipe.

As far as emailing them, I guess if you had any admin issues/med/classes to make up maybe use that as cover. I doubt they’d deviate from the normal channels, but maybe.
Hopefully they still have some interview spots available for us. Although if the interview holds were really Rs would be nice to know sooner than later.

Last edited:
Hopefully they still have some interview spots available for us. Although if the interview holds were really Rs would be nice to know sooner than later.
I was on hold before I received an II this cycle

I was on hold before I received an II this cycle
See I still haven’t even gotten a hold email. My last correspondence was the app complete email. My committee letter took forever so despite all my secondaries and individual letters being done in July I wasn’t complete for another month.

See I still haven’t even gotten a hold email. My last correspondence was the app complete email. My committee letter took forever so despite all my secondaries and individual letters being done in July I wasn’t complete for another month.
I would email your liaison! She was incredible for me, and at one point we were emailing almost monthly.

I would email your liaison! She was incredible for me, and at one point we were emailing almost monthly
Miscommunication, sorry. My liaison has been great, big help in sorting through some pre-req make up I had to do. I just meant I hadn’t gotten any hold, R, or II messages from them.

Hi guys! Long-time lurker here. I just received a hold this afternoon. I'm not sure what my chances are with getting an II, but I will take this hold for now! (considering I got my complete status mid-October and my stats being not the best)

Anyone who's been to the post-interview visit, what was the dress code like?

DoDMERB is slow, but still processing medical packages. Got the unconditional acceptance. Here is the info the school sent in the email. I did some research on the Air Force OTS website (Officer Training School) and the class dates that would make the most sense are Class 23-04 20 June - 21 July. Just a guess though!

Congratulations! Attached you will find your unconditional acceptance information. Additional background information regarding officer training for your respective branch of service is available at the following links (dates subject to change):

USU Information
Report to USU: August 2023
USU Brigade In-processing and Orientation: August 2023

Thank you for your interest in America's Medical School. We look forward to seeing you in the summer.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Anyone who's been to the post-interview visit, what was the dress code like?
Not sure if you saw the most recent email, but here’s what they said about dress code: “Professional business attire is most appropriate. A suit or skirt/pants with jacket, and simple shoes would be sufficient. Avoid loud or multiple colors. Keep accessories to a minimum; makeup and fragrances should be moderate.”

Not sure if you saw the most recent email, but here’s what they said about dress code: “Professional business attire is most appropriate. A suit or skirt/pants with jacket, and simple shoes would be sufficient. Avoid loud or multiple colors. Keep accessories to a minimum; makeup and fragrances should be moderate.”
I did, thank you!

From my understanding is waitlist they want you and just need a seat. Alternative they need to reevaluate. They take everyone from waitlist before touching alternative is what their website says
I don’t understand this tho. I read too that you were recommended for admission but they don’t have a seat. How does this make sense if I was one of the first people to interview.

II just now, LM 65, no direct military ties, was awarded army HPSP as well.

DoDMERB is slow, but still processing medical packages. Got the unconditional acceptance. Here is the info the school sent in the email. I did some research on the Air Force OTS website (Officer Training School) and the class dates that would make the most sense are Class 23-04 20 June - 21 July. Just a guess though!

Congratulations! Attached you will find your unconditional acceptance information. Additional background information regarding officer training for your respective branch of service is available at the following links (dates subject to change):

USU Information
Report to USU: August 2023
USU Brigade In-processing and Orientation: August 2023

Thank you for your interest in America's Medical School. We look forward to seeing you in the summer.
To quote someone else "first-time poster, long-time lurker". It looks like your acceptance didn't include anything about the Navy. And in reviewing the board it doesn't seem like anyone has gotten accepted or waitlisted for the Navy, has anyone? Is there something going on with the Navy this year? Are they just slower to accept people?

Last edited:
Just wondering if anyone is in a similar situation as me... Interviewed in September, conditional acceptance with the air force in October, medically dq'd (bad eyesight) in November, started the waiver process about a week later. Haven't heard anything since, other than when I reached back out to the commissioning coordinator and was told pretty much that it's all up to the waiver authorities now. The waiting is driving me crazy, and even if my waiver gets approved I'm worrying I won't have a spot with the air force anymore (or possibly won't have a spot at USUHS at all, depending on how late I hear back). I read through some threads from previous years but haven't found anything
So my sister had a medical DQ to the air force academy and was DQed waiting on waivers all the way up to I-day (report for basic training). And literally that morning got the call that her waiver was approved and is now at USAFA.
From my understanding the conditional acceptance should work the same way. Until they approve or deny your waiver, you have a seat at USU.

Hope this helps!