2022-2023 Oregon Health and Sciences University

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Members don't see this ad :)
Placed on hold late yesterday... best of luck y'all, not the ideal news but glad I can finally put this out of my mind until springtime

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
Placed on hold late yesterday... best of luck y'all, not the ideal news but glad I can finally put this out of my mind until springtime
Sorry that happened, best of luck in the cycle. Were you alerted via email or portal?

Members don't see this ad :)
OOS just saw an update to my portal that states my application was completely reviewed on 11/17. Does this mean I likely did not get an interview or would I expect it to take a bit longer?
Thanks

Any interviewees from the week of 10/03 hear back yet? They told us "4-8 weeks or longer" and we're coming up on 8 weeks, so I'm starting to get a little antsy haha
For time point reference, I’m 8/29-30 and we were told Nov 1 (the earliest) but still nothing. They’re not even sending out pre/post II R’s I don’t think so.

In an interview the dean said he likes to send out As just before Thanksgiving, Christmas, and the New Year. Hopefully there will be some news soon!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 4 users
I got an ii on 11/14 and responded back to the email the same day, but I haven't heard back regarding an official interview date and have to request off work soon for it. I was just curious how long it took for people to hear back for scheduling their interview and whether I should follow-up on it or not?

Reactions: 1 user
I got an ii on 11/14 and responded back to the email the same day, but I haven't heard back regarding an official interview date and have to request off work soon for it. I was just curious how long it took for people to hear back for scheduling their interview and whether I should follow-up on it or not?
Next day.

Any idea how late into the cycle OHSU continues to send out IIs?

F/u with Kari if you have to. She’s pretty good. 👍🏽

Any interviewees from the week of 10/03 hear back yet? They told us "4-8 weeks or longer" and we're coming up on 8 weeks, so I'm starting to get a little antsy haha
I remember being told to expect end of November, but realistically early to mid December.

For time point reference, I’m 8/29-30 and we were told Nov 1 (the earliest) but still nothing. They’re not even sending out pre/post II R’s I don’t think so.
Someone above that interviewed in September said they got a post-II hold.

Interesting, it seems that with every interview group they tell them a further date, probably because they are getting a more accurate timeline as the season progresses.

I interviewed in late October and they told us don't be surprised if we don't hear back until January 🥲

Woooooow, very unexpected acceptance just now via email! In-state and interviewed on 10/3. I was really expecting to wait until April... My portal has also been updated. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I hope a lot more As come soon!

• Love
  • Care
Reactions: 13 users
Woooooow, very unexpected acceptance just now via email! In-state and interviewed on 10/3. I was really expecting to wait until April... My portal has also been updated. Happy Thanksgiving everyone and I hope a lot more As come soon!
Omg congratulations! What a wonderful Thanksgiving present!

• Love
Reactions: 2 users
Also just got the A email earlier today, and I’ve just been sitting here speechless ever since.

• Love
Reactions: 7 users
my first A of the cycle.. the feeling is surreal. Wishing everyone the best and claiming you guys are up next!!!!!!

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
Also got an A email earlier today! Had been checking the portal every couple hours and it came right at the point that I had given up and figured decisions wouldn't come for another few weeks. Very excited :)

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
Also got the A email a few hours ago! First one of the cycle as a re-applicant. Been a long time coming! Wishing everyone else good luck 🤞🏽

Edit: Interviewed on 9/27

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 5 users
I interviewed 10/7, received an acceptance email today. Best of luck to all! Happy holidays.

Edit: I am an in-state, first-time applicant.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!! has anyone from September heard back yet? Interviewed end of Sept nothing yet for me.

Congrats to everyone on their acceptances!! has anyone from September heard back yet? Interviewed end of Sept nothing yet for me.
I interviewed in October, so I think they’re already giving notifications for September

End of September for me too, but they may not be going strictly in order

Congrats! I interviewed the same time as you. Was this just for the MD program, or did you apply MD/MPH as well?

Congrats! I interviewed the same time as you. Was this just for the MD program, or did you apply MD/MPH as well?
Regular MD! Don't worry too much -- OHSU does not really go in chronological order and most applicants are ghosted for a while, then put on hold till April. But then there are a lot of acceptances in April!

Hey, if we're allowed to ask, does anyone know what the Kira Talent MMI entails? Is it the same as a typical MMI or is it a one-way interview?

Hey, if we're allowed to ask, does anyone know what the Kira Talent MMI entails? Is it the same as a typical MMI or is it a one-way interview?
It’s a typical live MMI experience. To be honest, OHSU’s MMIs went much smoother for me than other schools’ MMIs. The Kira platform is really good at moving you seamlessly into different rooms, and there’s no weird awkwardness with your interviewers waiting for the official time to start. The Kira platform made it fun and easy to manage, in my opinion.

Reactions: 2 users
Hold pool… until April 30 the latest. So sad…

any historical info regarding the hold pool?

• Care
Hold pool… until April 30 the latest. So sad…

any historical info regarding the hold pool?
As I've mentioned above, the hold pool is very normal! Historically about ~80% of applicants end up in the hold pool. Some will get accepted from the pool before April, but many will hear about A/WLs/Rs in April (basically near April 30th). Anecdotally, I know five people who have applied/were interviewed at OHSU, and all five were put into the hold pool, so it's very very normal. Two of these people were accepted in April, and the rest were waitlisted in April with one of them getting off the waitlist in May. I know waiting sucks, so I'm very sorry... But the hold pool is not a soft R, and there are many people that get acceptances from this pool! Actually, I believe the majority of acceptances are from this pool. Hope this helps!

• Care
As I've mentioned above, the hold pool is very normal! Historically about ~80% of applicants end up in the hold pool. Some will get accepted from the pool before April, but many will hear about A/WLs/Rs in April (basically near April 30th). Anecdotally, I know five people who have applied/were interviewed at OHSU, and all five were put into the hold pool, so it's very very normal. Two of these people were accepted in April, and the rest were waitlisted in April with one of them getting off the waitlist in May. I know waiting sucks, so I'm very sorry... But the hold pool is not a soft R, and there are many people that get acceptances from this pool! Actually, I believe the majority of acceptances are from this pool. Hope this helps!
Yes. Thanks for the anecdotes. I’m logging off sdn and reddit for now. It’s been refreshing ;) Time to wait patiently.