2022-2023 Idaho College of Osteopathic Medicine (ICOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Was just offered my pending seat at ICOM! Hope to see everyone in the fall!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: 6 users
Must have been. That’s what I’ve been thinking.
If you're referring to me, I have no ties to Idaho. Born and raised in Southern California, stayed here for undergrad + post-bacc, and been working in my home city. Feel free to PM me if you want stats, ECs, etc!

Reactions: 1 user
Also quick question - is there a GroupMe or Discord for Class of 2027? I was backtracking this thread and only saw the Facebook group, which is mainly leasing ads.

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anyone know if we are given a laptop at ICOM? I've seen things about an iPad but not a computer.
If I don't currently own a Mac, does it matter at the school? I know they integrate Apple products but didn't know if it would be best to invest in a Mac computer or if an older PC or something would be fine?

Does anyone know if we are given a laptop at ICOM? I've seen things about an iPad but not a computer.
If I don't currently own a Mac, does it matter at the school? I know they integrate Apple products but didn't know if it would be best to invest in a Mac computer or if an older PC or something would be fine?
ICOM has not provided a laptop in the past. You'll probably be okay with whatever laptop you have. The main platform related benefits to having a macbook are that you can directly airplay to study room displays or airdrop instead of doing so via your iPad, and that you can run Notability if that becomes your note taking software of choice.

ICOM has not provided a laptop in the past. You'll probably be okay with whatever laptop you have. The main platform related benefits to having a macbook are that you can directly airplay to study room displays or airdrop instead of doing so via your iPad, and that you can run Notability if that becomes your note taking software of choice.
Thanks! I'm not really familiar with Apple products, I'll have to learn but just wanted some insight as to what people thought.

Recently found out I am on the medium tier waitlist. Interviewed back in December!

Reactions: 2 users
I was told I was high waitlist last week. I was thinking of sending a letter of intent. Do you guys think this will make a difference?

I was told I was high waitlist last week. I was thinking of sending a letter of intent. Do you guys think this will make a difference?
Honestly I feel like it wouldn’t hurt, but most likely wouldn’t make much of a difference.

Regardless of the letter, they would still need pull everybody from the highest tier first and work down from there (obviously). But when it comes to those in the same rank— then possibly?

Also quick question - is there a GroupMe or Discord for Class of 2027? I was backtracking this thread and only saw the Facebook group, which is mainly leasing ads.
The WhatsApp link that was created is in the Facebook group if you join it. I can also send you the link via DM if you want too :)

Definitely go for it! ICOM loves these. They definitely make a difference. High tier waitlist is a great place to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
just got accepted here after waiting on the highest tier of the waitlist!

Reactions: 2 users
Is anyone here an ICOM alum? Looking for advice.
All ICOM alum are busy in residency or are about to be, so odds are they might not be reading here - but some current students (like me) are here and could try answering your question.

Please feel free to message me if you’re more comfortable asking privately.

Last edited:
Is anyone here an ICOM alum? Looking for advice.
You might consider shooting the below a PM since they are part of the class of 2023, and probably can address your question if it's what I think it is.
Ah okay. They had that back in my year. I'm just finishing the last few days of my fourth year. Children in schools were a slight exception (for some allowances) in general. So that's a bit more new. :)

Is this school low-stat friendly?
Depends what you define as low stats. But to be honestly, I’m leaning slightly towards a no. However, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I had no problem with approx a 3.5 and a 507, but they said I was about smack dab in the middle rank of applicants stats.

Since they are a newer school I’m sure they are trying to be as selectively-inclusive as possible meaning they obviously want people with high stats, but would also matriculate a well-rounded applicant.

Depends what you define as low stats. But to be honestly, I’m leaning slightly towards a no. However, ANYTHING IS POSSIBLE. I had no problem with approx a 3.5 and a 507, but they said I was about smack dab in the middle rank of applicants stats.

Since they are a newer school I’m sure they are trying to be as selectively-inclusive as possible meaning they obviously want people with high stats, but would also matriculate a well-rounded applicant.
For what it's worth, that roughly tracks the displayed averages for the class of 2026 on the website.

Got the confirmation email that my secondary is complete.
Congratulations on completing your secondary to ICOM. Please let me know how your experience went, as I'm working toward submitting my secondary application now!

You might consider shooting the below a PM since they are part of the class of 2023, and probably can address your question if it's what I think it is.
Yep! I'm happy to answer any questions that people have. I graduated last year and am currently a Resident in EM at my #2 choice. Did couples match too. :)