2023-2024 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey everyone! I saw on Drexel's FAQs page that they offer a fee waiver with attendance at a Pre-medical & Pre-health info session. Is anyone able to confirm that? I am contemplating whether to turn in my application now or wait until Wednesday after the session lol.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I saw on Drexel's FAQs page that they offer a fee waiver with attendance at a Pre-medical & Pre-health info session. Is anyone able to confirm that? I am contemplating whether to turn in my application now or wait until Wednesday after the session lol.
Yes, I attended one last month and mine was shown as "waived" once I submitted :)

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Hi guys!
so I’m really interested in the program but my gpa and MCAT are both below the benchmark. Do you know anyone who got accepted with such low scores?

Thank you so much! Did you take the Casper test after your interview then? I imagined it had to be completed prior.
Hi there! I actually completed my Casper exam after the interview. For my class they gave us a date in which our Casper exams needed to be completed by so I just ensured it was done by that date. Definitely try and complete the exam prior to your interview if possible but it this is not possible it’s okay.

@AngieMed I was wondering if you know about this concern: let's say I get accepted in this program and simultaneously get accepted into other medical schools to matriculate the following year(coz i dk what my new MCAT score will be, could be good to apply to medical schools directly without a postbac), do you have to complete the program and pay its full tuition or can you opt out and disregard their MD acceptance?

Basically, can you just opt out of their program whenever you want and just pay for whatever classes you have taken with them?or do they take the full tuition upfront, and now you are stuck with them? Thank you so much!
Hi FutureFM,
This is a bit tricky and ultimately will depend upon when you apply to medical schools. If you apply during your DPMS year, you are only allowed to apply to Drexel if you want to guarantee your linkage. If you wish to apply to other schools you can, but you forfeit your seat at the medical school for the following year. If you are currently applying for medical schools and you find out you get in while at DPMS I believe that depending on when you withdrawal you either pay a fraction of the first semester or the whole first semester. I am not entirely sure on this though. I would recommend following up with Lē or the admissions office about this.

Hey guys! Has anyone heard anything back (interview, rejection, etc)?

I am wondering, in the professional experience section of the application, are they looking for a resume that only includes my actual paid jobs that are relevant to the healthcare field, or my overall resume that includes paid/nonpaid jobs, healthcare and community volunteers, shadowing and all of my extracurriculars....etc?
Also for the description of each experience, are they just looking for a straightforward description(bullet points) or more so like a story that involves an impact and what I learned out of it? I am only asking because I completed an AMCAS application before and that's how I structured my experiences!
Thanks again for your help!

I am wondering, in the professional experience section of the application, are they looking for a resume that only includes my actual paid jobs that are relevant to the healthcare field, or my overall resume that includes paid/nonpaid jobs, healthcare and community volunteers, shadowing and all of my extracurriculars....etc?
Also for the description of each experience, are they just looking for a straightforward description(bullet points) or more so like a story that involves an impact and what I learned out of it? I am only asking because I completed an AMCAS application before and that's how I structured my experiences!
In my resume I uploaded included both paid positions (even if not healthcare related such as Resident Assistant, medical scribe, etc.) and also clinical experiences such as shadowing, volunteering. I also had a section for extracurriculars and research. I feel like as long as it’s structured and organized well you can put anything you feel helps you application. Hope this helps!

Hey guys! Has anyone heard anything back (interview, rejection, etc)?
Not yet no, but I heard back from the other masters programs. One of the directors told me to his knowledge DPMS hasn't started reviewing yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Just submitted my application. I am already nervous. Good luck y'all.

Reactions: 2 users
I am being asked to submit my MCAT scores in the Discover Drexel portal. How am I supposed to do that?

Sorry guys for asking a lot of questions but wanted some clarification on this part of the application: Do I only list my recent medical job here or do I list multiple ones that I think will have heavy emphesis on healthcare?
1679940035018.png

Attachments

• 1679939887855.png
    1679939887855.png
    76.6 KB · Views: 58
Sorry guys for asking a lot of questions but wanted some clarification on this part of the application: Do I only list my recent medical job here or do I list multiple ones that I think will have heavy emphesis on healthcare? View attachment 368483
I listed stuff I found relevant to my application, even if it was from a couple years ago!

Sorry guys for asking a lot of questions but wanted some clarification on this part of the application: Do I only list my recent medical job here or do I list multiple ones that I think will have heavy emphesis on healthcare? View attachment 368483
I personally only put my current job here since it's relevant to this field, but I included all jobs I've held on the CV/Resume I uploaded

I listed stuff I found relevant to my application, even if it was from a couple years ago!
I was curious because whats then the point of the resume in we need to include everything in here?

I personally only put my current job here since it's relevant to this field, but I included all jobs I've held on the CV/Resume I uploaded
Do you mind asking did your jobs include a paragraph description of each experience or was it just like a regular resume with like bullet points on the overall job/experience? Thanks

I was curious because whats then the point of the resume in we need to include everything in here?
my thoughts exactly, and also why I only included one lol I didn't want to put everything and attach a CV

Do you mind asking did your jobs include a paragraph description of each experience or was it just like a regular resume with like bullet points on the overall job/experience? Thanks
no worries, mine has bulletpoints, maybe 5-7 for each job

I wrote maybe 3 sentences outlining what I did

I included all my experiences and did my descriptions more like a story, showing impact. Mostly because my resume/CV has bullet points (more straightforward) so I didn't want to be repetitive.

Ohhh yes, I submitted a while back so I forgot about this. I did make sure my resume was the most up-to-date, so I mainly focused on the most relevant things from my resume that I wanted to include!

Haven’t heard anything either, I wish they had a better process or at least communicated their timeline better so we’re not just waiting in the dark :(
+1, site says interviews are extended this month, so hopefully we will hear something by the end of the week??

Hey Guys! A question to those that submitted their application and uploaded an unofficial transcript… was the unofficial transcript portion of the application marked as received as soon as it was uploaded or were there a couple days in between uploading it and it getting marked as received?

I ask this because I uploaded it to the portal before submitting the application and uploaded it again when I saw the “awaiting” alert next to the transcript. It still says awaiting 🤨

Hey Guys! A question to those that submitted their application and uploaded an unofficial transcript… was the unofficial transcript portion of the application marked as received as soon as it was uploaded or were there a couple days in between uploading it and it getting marked as received?

I ask this because I uploaded it to the portal before submitting the application and uploaded it again when I saw the “awaiting” alert next to the transcript. It still says awaiting 🤨
I did the same thing, mine showed up on the same day I submitted and the rest showed up the next day