2024-2025 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
There's no scholarships available right if we get in?
Unfortunately, no. Spoke to a couple students and most finance the program through loans and/or family

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hey everyone! I currently have a low MCAT score but I plan to retake in May! Is it possible to still apply and possibly get an interview invite with my previous score? Also what is the MCAT score required for Drexel?
Thank you!
Definitely. Looking at past threads, you can see that there is a combo of GPA's and MCAT's that are admitted (high/low, low/high, low/low, high/high.) The program has a track meant for students who need to bring their score up. I wouldn't be too worried about stats! Just make sure that you can explain how you are fit for DPMS and vice-versa.

You need at least a 499 to successfully matriculate into Drexel after the completion of DPMS, with no subsection below 123.

Definitely. Looking at past threads, you can see that there is a combo of GPA's and MCAT's that are admitted (high/low, low/high, low/low, high/high.) The program has a track meant for students who need to bring their score up. I wouldn't be too worried about stats! Just make sure that you can explain how you are fit for DPMS and vice-versa.

You need at least a 499 to successfully matriculate into Drexel after the completion of DPMS, with no subsection below 123.
Thank you! In terms of the DPMS essay, did you have a casual tone in your essay or was it similar in style to your personal statement? Also are we supposed to just focus on speaking about our disadvantages and barriers in life in the DPMS essay, or are we also supposed to speak about why we think the program can help us?

Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you! In terms of the DPMS essay, did you have a casual tone in your essay or was it similar in style to your personal statement? Also are we supposed to just focus on speaking about our disadvantages and barriers in life in the DPMS essay, or are we also supposed to speak about why we think the program can help us?
The tone was more casual and informative, no real story-telling like my PS. I just described my situation/barriers, how it affected me during my journey, and what I learned from it. Also just tied it all together with a short paragraph of why I think I am a good fit for DPMS

I hope interviews start this month ❤️🙏🏾🤞 anxious and really want this opportunity

Reactions: 1 users
Any DPMS alumni/current students who can speak on the flow of their disadvantaged essay? Did you talk a lot about your growth from the disadvantages you faced, or did you keep it strictly focused on the disadvantages themselves?

Any DPMS alumni/current students who can speak on the flow of their disadvantaged essay? Did you talk a lot about your growth from the disadvantages you faced, or did you keep it strictly focused on the disadvantages themselves?
My first 2/3 of the essay was about the disadvantages themselves and the last third about overcoming them and my resulting growth.

Application is complete! Fingers crossed for an interview soon, good luck to everyone! :)

I hope interviews start this month ❤️🙏🏾🤞 anxious and really want this opportunity
I know for sure they are viewing applications right now. I got an email saying they needed a new image of my transcript. My original one was too small to read. Hopefully early next month they start II’s

• Love
Same, they’re definitely reviewing

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. Here is the email I received!
0202FE7F-A80C-4033-A7A2-20BC41E09260.jpeg

Does this school need official transcripts or are unofficial ones fine?

Okay I am excited now—so happy to see that they started the process 🤞

Hi! Can someone let me know when writing the LORs, who should the professor address to? Also, can the same LOR be used for other programs as well?

did your portal status change to incomplete? Mine changed and even after I reuploaded it still says incomplete (though all the checklist items are checked off)?
My portal actually changed to incomplete and I emailed them yesterday to confirm. Just waiting on a response

did your portal status change to incomplete? Mine changed and even after I reuploaded it still says incomplete (though all the checklist items are checked off)?
Once I corrected my transcript issue the portal updated and said my application was complete and under review. It took them about a business day to fix the issue.

Hi! Can someone let me know when writing the LORs, who should the professor address to? Also, can the same LOR be used for other programs as well?
My letter was addressed to "the Master's program." Speak with your letter writer if you want it to be a letter that refers to a generic Master's so you can reuse it. Other letter writers prefer to specifically refer to the name of the program. They wrote me a different copy of the letter for applying to different programs.

My letter was addressed to "the Master's program." Speak with your letter writer if you want it to be a letter that refers to a generic Master's so you can reuse it. Other letter writers prefer to specifically refer to the name of the program. They wrote me a different copy of the letter for applying to different programs.

Thank you so much. This helps a lot:)

March is around the cornerrrrr :clap:

Reactions: 4 users
For those of you who attended the informational session, how long did it take for your application fee to be shown as waived/paid?

For those of you who attended the informational session, how long did it take for your application fee to be shown as waived/paid?
like 2 days after, you can always send them a mssg and remind them if its been a while

Hi, was everyone's science GPA from the online math-science GPA calculation form lower than what AMCAS application would calculate?

My AMCAS has 3.71 but the DPMS calculator shows 3.48. My undergraduate school was a quarter system, but I did convert the credits hours to a semester system as explained in the application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here?

Hi, was everyone's science GPA from the online math-science GPA calculation form lower than what AMCAS application would calculate?

My AMCAS has 3.71 but the DPMS calculator shows 3.48. My undergraduate school was a quarter system, but I did convert the credits hours to a semester system as explained in the application. I am not sure what I am doing wrong here?
Hi akm35, I had the same issue converting mine as well. My amcas bcmp dropped by almost .5 when I entered them into drexel calculator. It actually shocked me lol. So Ig it's a drexel thing

haven't heard anything since completion, in previous years they sent first wave of interviews last week of March/first week of April. waiting game is grueling

looks like the first II wave went out on 4/05 last year and 3/31 the year before! Hopefully, we'll see some action this month, we'll just have to be patient. Yea this is horrible

Hi akm35, I had the same issue converting mine as well. My amcas bcmp dropped by almost .5 when I entered them into drexel calculator. It actually shocked me lol. So Ig it's a drexel thing
Hi, so did you contact DPMS about this? or Did you submit the application with the dropped gpa?

Hi, so did you contact DPMS about this? or Did you submit the application with the dropped gpa?
I submitted with the dropped gpa. My rationale was that if there is an error with the form, the admission committee would know since they will also have your actual transcript

I believe so, pretty similar, but you may want to do some research on them to confirm can’t remember

is there a way to see a copy of our application? Besides the checks next to the items?

Heads up yall, got word from todays info session that the 499 MCAT was increased to 502😕

• Wow
Heads up yall, got word from todays info session that the 499 MCAT was increased to 502😕
Oh wow, I was actually surprised to learn that 499 was the requirement for contract, I would have assumed it would have been just a slightly bit higher considering that Drexel's regular MD admissions average is a 512? I had a feeling that they would increase the score in the future to ensure that their stats remain competitive.

When is the next info session and how can we attend? I haven't been able to find it on the website

Did they change the cutoffs for each subsection as a result?
In their FAQ: "The student must achieve a minimum overall score of 502 with no section less than 123 on the MCAT to matriculate into the medical school" I don't think the subsection cutoffs have changed-- unless they haven't updated their website yet.

In their FAQ: "The student must achieve a minimum overall score of 502 with no section less than 123 on the MCAT to matriculate into the medical school" I don't think the subsection cutoffs have changed-- unless they haven't updated their website yet.
I barely made their cut-off with the previous requirement but would now have to re-take if i were to get in. Hopefully it works out though. And there should be a link where it says "pre-health programs" and then an information session sign-up

This is for the conditional acceptance?
Yes, website now states that a 3.4 in the program and a MCAT score of 502 with no subsection below 123 is required for the conditional acceptance. I could swear that a couple of months ago the website did say it was a 3.2 and 499 but it seems they just recently made the change.

Yes, website now states that a 3.4 in the program and a MCAT score of 502 with no subsection below 123 is required for the conditional acceptance. I could swear that a couple of months ago the website did say it was a 3.2 and 499 but it seems they just recently made the change.
Yeah literally just made the change within the last week I believe

Yeah literally just made the change within the last week I believe
Definitely a little shady to do this DURING application season to their program. Not a great look imo.

Definitely a little shady to do this DURING application season to their program. Not a great look imo.
Very shady and unfair while going through active process especially for those that applied from early fall 2023 as. Application opened

Are we able to see the experiences we wrote on the application? I don't see that on their list on my application checklist