2023-2024 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
This whole Casper thing is a bit confusing. Do we need a Casper score by the time we go for the interview? I just checked the website and the earliest date I can do that jawn is May 4.

Members don't see this ad.

• Haha
Reactions: 1 user
My application was marked complete on 3/17 and I’ve been checking my portal regularly since then. At least through yesterday morning, my application was complete and it said “currently under review”. When I checked just now, it says my application is incomplete and one of my transcripts (that was previously marked received) is not marked as not received. I did send them a message about this but since the deadline is so close, I’m nervous about what could have happened. How soon do they usually reply?

My application was marked complete on 3/17 and I’ve been checking my portal regularly since then. At least through yesterday morning, my application was complete and it said “currently under review”. When I checked just now, it says my application is incomplete and one of my transcripts (that was previously marked received) is not marked as not received. I did send them a message about this but since the deadline is so close, I’m nervous about what could have happened. How soon do they usually reply?
Was it official or unofficial? You should be fine since your materials were sent prior to the deadline.

Members don't see this ad :)
Was it official or unofficial? You should be fine since your materials were sent prior to the deadline.
It was official. I had another one sent just in case but I’m just confused and hope they see it in time. Also nervous since I submitted a month ago and now this is happening out of nowhere.

I just declined my interview invite as I have been accepted to another program where I would not have to retake the MCAT. Stats were 499 and GPA of 3.5 with a graduate GPA of 3.8. hopefully, someone else will move up the list to be interviewed. Best wishes

Reactions: 5 users
I just declined my interview invite as I have been accepted to another program where I would not have to retake the MCAT. Stats were 499 and GPA of 3.5 with a graduate GPA of 3.8. hopefully, someone else will move up the list to be interviewed. Best wishes
Is it an MD program, or is it another post-bacc program? If it is a post-bacc program that only offers you a guaranteed interview then that is risky.

Reactions: 1 users
it says incomplete, which is why I am worried that it might stay like that passing the deadline! Will email them and see what's going on! Thanks
Hey! I'm having the same problem. Only that part is showing incomplete. Were you able to fix it? Please let me know!

can you please point out which program?

Hi. I just applied today but submitted everything. I am really nervous though. Asking one of the current students, what if your MCAT is way below the 25th percentile?

Also confused about transcripts. For those who applied, did you send in official transcripts or just upload unofficial?

I uploaded unofficial transcripts. Showed up as received in the portal.
Thank you. Mine are now marked received as well. However, LORs are still marked not received but I sent them yesterday via interfolio and interfolio confirmed sent. Anyone else having this issue?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 12.48.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-12 at 12.48.02 PM.png
    38.6 KB · Views: 92
Members don't see this ad :)
Thank you. Mine are now marked received as well. However, LORs are still marked not received but I sent them yesterday via interfolio and interfolio confirmed sent. Anyone else having this issue?
I had an issue with this, I emailed Thelicia Hill and she was able to assist

Does anyone know if they let you submit letters of recommendation after April 14th?

Same issue I had. I sent my LORs via interfolio on March 30th. It was marked as received but on April 3rd. I think it says you should give it 3 business days or something

Does anyone know if they let you submit letters of recommendation after April 14th?
I don’t think so but not entirely sure. U may want to reach out and ask. They get back to you pretty quickly

Has anyone else who applied back in November/December heard anything? I’ve been playing the waiting game for so long and idk if it’s just they’re reviewing apps alphabetically or by completion date.

Has anyone else who applied back in November/December heard anything? I’ve been playing the waiting game for so long and idk if it’s just they’re reviewing apps alphabetically or by completion date.

Nope, I haven’t heard anything yet. I know how you feel. Let’s continue keeping our hopes and faith up!

I was wondering that too, because I submitted in November because they kept emphasizing on the earlier the better, but people with recent apps are the ones getting interviewed 💀

Reactions: 2 users
Nope, I haven’t heard anything yet. I know how you feel. Let’s continue keeping our hopes and faith up!
Thanks! I feel a little better now that I know I’m not the only one, maybe their not reviewing chronologically

I was wondering that too, because I submitted in November because they kept emphasizing on the earlier the better, but people with recent apps are the ones getting interviewed 💀
Okay but facts lmao, i stressed myself out to apply early to better my chances but still haven’t heard anything

• Haha
Idk how they are going about sending interviews but what I am 100% sure of is that the interviews are sent independent of when an application was submitted. As long as we submit before the 14th, we are all on the same playing field In Terms of receiving an II and an acceptance. A friend of mine that submitted in mid March for example already has an II.

There are probably 600+ applicants and only 50-60 of them get accepted. Based on my neurotic scrolling of past threads, I am also of the opinion that the biggest “weed out” element of this whole process is receiving the II. I THINK (don’t quote me because no one told me this. This is based on my own observation of past threads) only 25% of all the applicants receive an II and out of that 25%, half of those will get an acceptance. If this assessment is true, then it would only make sense to wait until after the deadline and see all the applicants and their stats and experiences before sending out an II. The only exception to this of course would be applicants who fit the DPMS archetype and have really good stats to back it up.

Or maybe I have conjectured all this up in my head in an attempt to compensate for the fact that your boy has no II 😭😭😭

Reactions: 5 users
Hello everyone!

I recently submitted my application but its saying I have to pay the application fee even though I've attended 2 informational sessions, has this happened to anyone else? Also, in regards to submitting the unofficial transcripts, how long did it take to say it was received in the portal?

Hello everyone!

I recently submitted my application but its saying I have to pay the application fee even though I've attended 2 informational sessions, has this happened to anyone else? Also, in regards to submitting the unofficial transcripts, how long did it take to say it was received in the portal?
Happened to me. Eventually, I emailed to inform them that I attended the info session, then they waived it.

Unofficial transcript showed up as received the day after I submitted.

Hello everyone!

Wait a little bit or pay. I paid the fee, but I didn’t realize it was waived until afterwards. I got a refund without emailing anyone.

im thinking it’s completely randomized.

This whole Casper thing is a bit confusing. Do we need a Casper score by the time we go for the interview? I just checked the website and the earliest date I can do that jawn is May 4.
I took the casper last Tuesday, I had wishful thinking that I'd get an interview so I just wanted it out of the way. I don't think you need to do it before though, some applicants in the past didn't even know they had to complete it until they were told during the interview.

What program was it? I got accepted to TouroCOM's MS program and I wouldn't have to retake the MCAT for there either. They accepted me with a 494 lol. I just wasn't hoping to go into DO.

I took the casper last Tuesday, I had wishful thinking that I'd get an interview so I just wanted it out of the way. I don't think you need to do it before though, some applicants in the past didn't even know they had to complete it until they were told during the interview.
Thanks. How did you manage to get an early date though? Did you pick the 2022-2023 option? Coz I chose the 2023-2024 option.

Thanks. How did you manage to get an early date though? Did you pick the 2022-2023 option? Coz I chose the 2023-2024 option.
So I chose 2022-2023 because it said "Select the admissions cycle ending in the year of your program start date". I just assumed since the MS program started in 2023 that this was the right choice, I didn't consider the program start date being 2024 since they need the scores before MS admissions? That's a guess though

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.09.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2023-04-14 at 3.09.02 PM.png
    55 KB · Views: 85
So I chose 2022-2023 because it said "Select the admissions cycle ending in the year of your program start date". I just assumed since the MS program started in 2023 that this was the right choice, I didn't consider the program start date being 2024 since they need the scores before MS admissions? That's a guess though
I just went back and checked. There are no more dates for 2022-2023. I guess I will just do my test in May and hope for the best.

Hello! For those that got an II, do any of you feel comfortable sharing your stats?

This Casper thing seems like a racket. $100 lol, the fees continue to pile on... If we haven't received an interview offer yet should we even sign up?

I just went back and checked. There are no more dates for 2022-2023. I guess I will just do my test in May and hope for the best.
Did they give you any specific directions in the II? It probably doesn't matter what cycle because I think they release a month after either way

This Casper thing seems like a racket. $100 lol, the fees continue to pile on... If we haven't received an interview offer yet should we even sign up?
I'm traveling in May-June so I was hoping to have one less thing to do but I don't think it's necessarily smart if you end up not needing it. Definitely a gamble on my end

Hi future docs ❤️

I'm a first-year medical student, teaching Assistant and DPMS alum (class 22'). If you've read through the previous threads, you may have seen my profile and followed my journey here hehe. I wanted to chime in and answer/comment on some of the common concerns or questions. :)
  • I am not connected to admissions by any means, so I am only speaking on behalf of my experience as an applicant & working with this year's current cohort as they went through it as well.

• Interview invites are completely random. If you submitted an application in January vs. the day before the application closed, you are equally still in the running to get an interview invite. Do not get discouraged by the updates on this forum - interviews will go on until June.

• The same idea applies to acceptances - even if you interview early in the cycle, does NOT mean that you will hear back early either. Do not count yourself out until you receive an actual rejection email. Literally, anything can happen.

• I understand the timeline of these events is not really ideal as you try to plan for the next steps (I.e moving to a new state, deciding to go with a different program, applying to medical school, etc...). But you must remain patient through this process, which is truly the most difficult part. Part of the complexity of this process is that although DPMS is a graduate school program, it is technically still maneuvered by the College of Medicine. So a lot of times, the ease of how things move along for the program depends heavily on the COM and where they are on THEIR application/interview cycle for the MD program.

• I think the application cycle has closed now, so that means that there are no longer accepting supporting documents or test scores. For example, if you submitted your application in March with an MCAT score of 490 and re-took your MCAT that same month but won't be receiving the scores until the end of April, that NEW score will not be considered because it is past the deadline. If you are offered an interview and ultimately accepted, you will deal with your March score by then.

• For those who are curious about the stats of the people who have been part of the first wave of interviews - I cannot stress enough that the importance of those numbers is very person dependent! DPMS brings students in with GPA/MCAT combinations of all kinds. (low/low, high/high, low/high, high/low)!! Although these numbers are important factors to help gauge where you stand academically, they are not everything. The way someone frames and delivers their story, recommendation letters, and other experiences is a huge component of this process. (In MY opinion, the most important!)

• INTERVIEWS - You must remember that an interview goes both ways. At this point, you need to realize they've liked everything you have presented. The next step is the formality of connecting a person to an application. A big part of DPMS is the culture students bring to the program - i.e., the kind of student that aligns with their values and mission. Equally important, as much as the program wants to make sure you are a fit for them, you also need to ensure the program is a FIT for YOU! [DPMS is an amazing opportunity, but you need to be realistic if this will be amazing for you. This fast-paced, INTENSE program requires you to be 10000% dedicated to it. You will be a full-time DPMSer. Admin can see pretty things on your application, but only you know if you are ready to be committed to this. This is especially important for future Track 1 students - think about having to study for MCAT while having to keep up with graduate-level academics. It's doable (a bunch of us have done it, me included :) ), but it is extremely challenging and will require even more of you. Ofc, the lower your MCAT score is coming into DPMS, the more work you will have to do to make up for that.] Do your research, connect with past students, and come prepared to ask questions about the things that matter to you! The interview is very important, but this shouldn't be stressful - this is the easy part now - showcase yourself, be confident in your experiences/story, and just be yourself. That's ALL.

• CASPer - just schedule one as soon as you can. If you are interviewing soon and won't be able to squeeze it in beforehand, It should be fine if it's after your interview. If you are waiting for an interview, I suggest you take it anyway so you can be prepared. The scores take a couple of weeks to be sent & you don't actually receive your score for this; they get sent directly to the school. I HIGHLY recommend taking the practice test.

• Want to emphasize this point because I've been in touch with some people that weren't fully aware of this: If you decide to apply to DPMS, by default, you are interested in attending Drexel Univ College of Medicine. If you are accepted into the program and confirm attendance, you are tied to a contract with Drexel and are NOT allowed to submit an AMCAS application to any other school. If you ultimately don't meet contract (3.2 GPA, 499 min 123 each section) you can still graduate with a master's degree you just wouldn't be starting medical school. You would need to wait until the following application cycle to apply to medical school since you signed a contract opting out of applying to medical school for that year.

• Lastly, I need you all to take care of yourselves through this journey! I also was tied to this platform and lost plenty of sleep waiting for people to post updates. What's meant to be for you will always be there. Be confident and stay focused. Continue doing the things that matter to you and your growth as a future medical student (whatever that looks like for you). Do not pause everything in your life as you wait for an interview invite or acceptance. Things may come when you least expect them.

• Wishing you all the best of luck on this journey. It's long and stressful but absolutely worth it. Do not lose sight of your goals REGARDLESS of what happens between now and the next couple of weeks. Do not let imposter syndrome win, you are worthy of being in this field. 💕

XOXOXOXO

Last edited:
  • Care
Reactions: 18 users
Hi future docs ❤️

I'm a first-year medical student, teaching Assistant and DPMS alum (class 22'). If you've read through the previous threads, you may have seen my profile and followed my journey here hehe. I wanted to chime in and answer/comment on some of the common concerns or questions. :)
  • I am not connected to admissions by any means, so I am only speaking on behalf of my experience as an applicant & working with this year's current cohort as they went through it as well.

• Interview invites are completely random. If you submitted an application in January vs. the day before the application closed, you are equally still in the running to get an interview invite. Do not get discouraged by the updates on this forum - interviews will go on until June.

• The same idea applies to acceptances - even if you interview early in the cycle, does NOT mean that you will hear back early either. Do not count yourself out until you receive an actual rejection email. Literally, anything can happen.

• I understand the timeline of these events is not really ideal as you try to plan for the next steps (I.e moving to a new state, deciding to go with a different program, applying to medical school, etc...). But you must remain patient through this process, which is truly the most difficult part. Part of the complexity of this process is that although DPMS is a graduate school program, it is technically still maneuvered by the College of Medicine. So a lot of times, the ease of how things move along for the program depends heavily on the COM and where they are on THEIR application/interview cycle for the MD program.

• I think the application cycle has closed now, so that means that there are no longer accepting supporting documents or test scores. For example, if you submitted your application in March with an MCAT score of 490 and re-took your MCAT that same month but won't be receiving the scores until the end of April, that NEW score will not be considered because it is past the deadline. If you are offered an interview and ultimately accepted, you will deal with your March score by then.

• For those who are curious about the stats of the people who have been part of the first wave of interviews - I cannot stress enough that the importance of those numbers is very person dependent! DPMS brings students in with GPA/MCAT combinations of all kinds. (low/low, high/high, low/high, high/low)!! Although these numbers are important factors to help gauge where you stand academically, they are not everything. The way someone frames and delivers their story, recommendation letters, and other experiences is a huge component of this process. (In MY opinion, the most important!)

• INTERVIEWS - You must remember that an interview goes both ways. At this point, you need to realize they've liked everything you have presented. The next step is the formality of connecting a person to an application. A big part of DPMS is the culture students bring to the program - i.e., the kind of student that aligns with their values and mission. Equally important, as much as the program wants to make sure you are a fit for them, you also need to ensure the program is a FIT for YOU! [DPMS is an amazing opportunity, but you need to be realistic if this will be amazing for you. This fast-paced, INTENSE program requires you to be 10000% dedicated to it. You will be a full-time DPMSer. Admin can see pretty things on your application, but only you know if you are ready to be committed to this. This is especially important for future Track 1 students - think about having to study for MCAT while having to keep up with graduate-level academics. It's doable (a bunch of us have done it, me included :) ), but it is extremely challenging and will require even more of you]. Do your research, connect with past students, and come prepared to ask questions about the things that matter to you! The interview is very important, but this shouldn't be stressful - this is the easy part now - showcase yourself, be confident in your experiences/story, and just be yourself. That's ALL.

• CASPer - just schedule one as soon as you can. It should be fine if it's after your interview. The scores take a while to be sent anyway. I highly recommend taking the practice test. You don't actually receive your score for this, it gets sent directly to the school.

• Want to emphasize this point because I've been in touch with some people that weren't fully aware of this: If you decide to apply to DPMS, by default, you are interested in attending Drexel Univ College of Medicine. If you are accepted into the program and confirm attendance, you are tied to a contract with Drexel and are NOT allowed to submit an AMCAS application to any other school. If you ultimately don't meet contract (3.2 GPA, 499 min 123 each section) you can still graduate with a master's degree you just wouldn't be starting medical school. You would need to wait until the following application cycle to apply to medical school since you signed a contract opting out of applying to medical school for that year.

• Lastly, I need you all to take care of yourselves through this journey! I also was tied to this platform and lost plenty of sleep waiting for people to post updates. What's meant to be for you will always be there. Be confident and stay focused. Continue doing the things that matter to you and your growth as a future medical student (whatever that looks like for you). Do not pause everything in your life as you wait for an interview invite or acceptance. Things may come when you least expect them.

• Wishing you all the best of luck on this journey. It's long and stressful but absolutely worth it. Do not lose sight of your goals REGARDLESS of what happens between now and the next couple of weeks. Do not let imposter syndrome win, you are worthy of being in this field. 💕

XOXOXOXO
I'll continue adding more details to this comment as things come to mind that I think are relevant to share. So even if you read this, check back in for any edits that may be good to know, hehe or not :)

Reactions: 10 users
Hi!

How was the interview like? any specific questions?

I'll continue adding more details to this comment as things come to mind that I think are relevant to share. So even if you read this, check back in for any edits that may be good to know, hehe or not :)
Hi,

So what if we meet the GPA and MCAT requirements? Would we still need to retake anything?
At the seminar, they advertised 25th percentile at the minimum and I actually got 24th. So they may just require me to take the MCAT again but then again, I heard that it is all individualized on the person because I do have a good GPA.
I have my interview this Wednesday and got on here to see any insight on interviews.

Thanks!

What program was it? I got accepted to TouroCOM's MS program and I wouldn't have to retake the MCAT for there either. They accepted me with a 494 lol. I just wasn't hoping to go into DO.
Yes but you do have to keep a GPA of 3.5 which is difficult from what I understand (my gf is in their med school so she tells me and has MS friends) but in addition, you also have to take a cumulative exam over the courses of the past year and that is a pass/fail. I might rather take the mcat lol.

Hi,

So what if we meet the GPA and MCAT requirements? Would we still need to retake anything?
At the seminar, they advertised 25th percentile at the minimum and I actually got 24th. So they may just require me to take the MCAT again but then again, I heard that it is all individualized on the person because I do have a good GPA.
I have my interview this Wednesday and got on here to see any insight on interviews.

Thanks!
There are no strict MCAT or GPA requirements in order to get into the program. What they advertise is an estimate - people have gotten into the program with stats below or above. Ultimately, they need to make sure the students they accept will be able to meet the intense demands of the curriculum. You HAVE to take the MCAT again if you have anything lower than a 499 or if one of your sections is below 123. For example, you can be accepted into the program with a 508 MCAT (127,122,129,130) but will still need to take the MCAT again because your CARS section is not above the 123 minimum that is required in each section. There's a strict policy of NO SUPERSCORING either - aka you have taken the exam multiple times, and you try to advocate for them to accept the highest score on each section of all your attempts. This is NOT allowed.

Once accepted into the program, you will either be Track 1 (MCAT retake) or Track 2. The Track 2 students will have already met the MCAT requirement for contract, so they will have to take additional classes over the year to balance out the workload while Track 1 studies for MCAT.

* Program requirements are the SAME for everyone. This is not negotiable or person-dependent (I.e they will not accept an MCAT score below what is required in exchange for a high GPA OR vice versa).