2023-2024 Drexel Pathway to Medical Application Cycle (DPMS)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hey, for those that interview this week, please update us on how it goes!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 3 users
Yes but you do have to keep a GPA of 3.5 which is difficult from what I understand (my gf is in their med school so she tells me and has MS friends) but in addition, you also have to take a cumulative exam over the courses of the past year and that is a pass/fail. I might rather take the mcat lol.
Hi! I've heard people in other forums say that Touro's MS only takes 30% of their class into the COM because they only have 25-30 spots available in the DO class. In the interview I had with them they said if all students pass with high enough gpa, all matriculate. It's a little contradictory, so do you know if all students can matriculate if benchmarks are met?

Also, if someone you know in the MS program would be willing to talk with me about the program I'd greatly appreciate it! It's hard to find more information online.

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Just interviewed yesterday and the process wasn't that bad, it felt really relaxed. If you want to know more about anything feel free to message me. I'll try to answer them the best I can.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Just interviewed yesterday and the process wasn't that bad, it felt really relaxed. If you want to know more about anything feel free to message me. I'll try to answer them the best I can.
That's good! About how long was your interview? And did they mention when you should expect to hear back?

That's good! About how long was your interview? And did they mention when you should expect to hear back?
Lasted roughly 30 minutes and they said decisions range from mid/end of May to the first week of June (ideally)

congrats on the interview!! were the questions asked just the basic ones (why drexel, why medicine, etc)?

congrats on the interview!! were the questions asked just the basic ones (why drexel, why medicine, etc)?
First off thank you! and I can't say what specific questions were asked, but yeah make sure to prep the basic ones

First off thank you! and I can't say what specific questions were asked, but yeah make sure to prep the basic ones
Please let us know when you hear back so we can see what their timeline looks like :')

Does anyone know from past cohorts if dpms has kind of a set number of students for track 1 and 2 ?

Does anyone know from past cohorts if dpms has kind of a set number of students for track 1 and 2 ?
Not really. My cohort (21-22') had more Track 2 students; this year's current cohort is almost split 50/50. So it varies per year depending on the population of people that apply.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone!
Why does it seem like there haven't been a lot of interviews being sent this cycle? I know they keep sending interviews till mid-June probably, but so far it does not seem that they have interviewed a lot of applicants. I really do not want to hear back by mid-June as moving across the States in only a few days and arranging everything is not really easy! Did they send out acceptances yet at all?
Any perspectives on this concern?

Hey everyone!
Why does it seem like there haven't been a lot of interviews being sent this cycle? I know they keep sending interviews till mid-June probably, but so far it does not seem that they have interviewed a lot of applicants. I really do not want to hear back by mid-June as moving across the States in only a few days and arranging everything is not really easy! Did they send out acceptances yet at all?
I️ agree the of small number people saying they've received interviews or rejections makes it seem things are moving pretty slow. i️ think i️t helps to remember not everyone is going to say something. As far as the logistics of moving, they said they provide housing for the summer term June 27 till the fall semester begins so i️ guess they assume if you want to go to the program, those 6 weeks will be enough time to figure yourself out as far as housing goes.

Fingers crossed for the coming weeks!

Hey everyone!
Is anyone that’s supposed to interview this coming Monday still waiting for the zoom link and schedule for the interview? I checked with the scheduling point of contact yesterday, and he said I should receive it today, but I haven’t received it yet and we’re getting close to the end of the business day so just wanted to double check.

Hey everyone!
Hi! You'll never really know how many interviews are sent because there are not as many people on this forum as you think, lol. Also, many people who know about the forum choose not to share and come here to read updates. Interviews will continue until the last week of May (on average).

They have been starting the interview process a lot earlier in the past 2 cycles. When I went through this in the spring of 21', the first wave of interview invites didn't go out until 4/28. I know the timeline really sucks, but unfortunately, many DPMS-related decisions depend on the medical school's availability; they essentially need to finish taking care of their incoming MD class before they can focus on doing DPMS-related applications/interviews. Most people are coming out of state, so the entire moving situation is difficult for most.

In the past, there have been 2 rounds of decisions. One in early June and the other in mid-June (based on the previous timeline I described). I don't anticipate acceptances coming in anytime soon, not until May at least. A lot of this is very random (or at least it seems random from our end) but like I said in a previous post, interviewing early doesn't guarantee an early decision either. I interviewed on 5/06 and didn't get an acceptance until 6/13 and the program started 2 weeks later. So a lot of this process is simply being patient and waiting. You need to keep yourself busy or you'll actually lose your mind. I straight up pretended like this wasn't an option and just went about planning for next steps.

I'm not connected to admissions by any means, but this is based on the trends from previous years. I hope this helped!

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
Hi! You'll never really know how many interviews are sent because there are not as many people on this forum as you think, lol. Also, many people who know about the forum choose not to share and come here to read updates. Interviews will continue until the last week of May (on average).

They have been starting the interview process a lot earlier in the past 2 cycles. When I went through this in the spring of 21', the first wave of interview invites didn't go out until 4/28. I know the timeline really sucks, but unfortunately, many DPMS-related decisions depend on the medical school's availability; they essentially need to finish taking care of their incoming MD class before they can focus on doing DPMS-related applications/interviews. Most people are coming out of state, so the entire moving situation is difficult for most.

In the past, there have been 2 rounds of decisions. One in early June and the other in mid-June (based on the previous timeline I described). I don't anticipate acceptances coming in anytime soon, not until May at least. A lot of this is very random (or at least it seems random from our end) but like I said in a previous post, interviewing early doesn't guarantee an early decision either. I interviewed on 5/06 and didn't get an acceptance until 6/13 and the program started 2 weeks later. So a lot of this process is simply being patient and waiting. You need to keep yourself busy or you'll actually lose your mind. I straight up pretended like this wasn't an option and just went about planning for next steps.

I'm not connected to admissions by any means, but this is based on the trends from previous years. I hope this helped!
What was your plan B if you pretended that this wasn’t an option? bc I gave my deposit to another linkage and SGU and I really don’t know what to do because DPMS is what I want 🥹

What was your plan B if you pretended that this wasn’t an option? bc I gave my deposit to another linkage and SGU and I really don’t know what to do because DPMS is what I want 🥹
I continued studying for MCAT & worked on my AMCAS application. This is obviously very person-dependent, and essentially you should try to do whatever will make you the best med school applicant. And honestly, same thing that you're doing haha - come vent on SDN. I know it's easier said than done, but everything always works out. You will find your way to the place you're meant to be at. ❤️

Hey everyone!
Is anyone that’s supposed to interview this coming Monday still waiting for the zoom link and schedule for the interview? I checked with the scheduling point of contact yesterday, and he said I should receive it today, but I haven’t received it yet and we’re getting close to the end of the business day so just wanted to double check.
I got the email with the schedule the day before my interview

Do they reject people immediately or do they wait till later to send rejections?

Has anyone else gotten an interview invite? I submitted my application on the 14th. So 10 days ago , hopefully I’ll hear something soon!!

Anyone who submitted November December still waiting? I️ was complete Feb still nada 🥺

Reactions: 3 users
Does anyone know when CASPer has to be in by if you received an interview invite? I don’t see any “due date” listed anywhere.

Got the R sadly. Checked my portal, but did not receive an email. Luckily, I got into another program (without direct admit). Good luck to everyone!!

• Care
Got the R sadly. Checked my portal, but did not receive an email. Luckily, I got into another program (without direct admit). Good luck to everyone!!Best of luck on your journey! You are meant to be here in this field even if it's not through DPMS!
Best of luck on your journey! Your are meant to be in this field even if it's not through DPMS!

Reactions: 4 users
Hey everyone!
How did your interview go?

Got the R sadly. Checked my portal, but did not receive an email. Luckily, I got into another program (without direct admit). Good luck to everyone!!
no email? oh my days! best of luck on your path!!

Hi future docs ❤️

I'm a first-year medical student, teaching Assistant and DPMS alum (class 22'). If you've read through the previous threads, you may have seen my profile and followed my journey here hehe. I wanted to chime in and answer/comment on some of the common concerns or questions. :)
  • I am not connected to admissions by any means, so I am only speaking on behalf of my experience as an applicant & working with this year's current cohort as they went through it as well.

• Interview invites are completely random. If you submitted an application in January vs. the day before the application closed, you are equally still in the running to get an interview invite. Do not get discouraged by the updates on this forum - interviews will go on until June.

• The same idea applies to acceptances - even if you interview early in the cycle, does NOT mean that you will hear back early either. Do not count yourself out until you receive an actual rejection email. Literally, anything can happen.

• I understand the timeline of these events is not really ideal as you try to plan for the next steps (I.e moving to a new state, deciding to go with a different program, applying to medical school, etc...). But you must remain patient through this process, which is truly the most difficult part. Part of the complexity of this process is that although DPMS is a graduate school program, it is technically still maneuvered by the College of Medicine. So a lot of times, the ease of how things move along for the program depends heavily on the COM and where they are on THEIR application/interview cycle for the MD program.

• I think the application cycle has closed now, so that means that there are no longer accepting supporting documents or test scores. For example, if you submitted your application in March with an MCAT score of 490 and re-took your MCAT that same month but won't be receiving the scores until the end of April, that NEW score will not be considered because it is past the deadline. If you are offered an interview and ultimately accepted, you will deal with your March score by then.

• For those who are curious about the stats of the people who have been part of the first wave of interviews - I cannot stress enough that the importance of those numbers is very person dependent! DPMS brings students in with GPA/MCAT combinations of all kinds. (low/low, high/high, low/high, high/low)!! Although these numbers are important factors to help gauge where you stand academically, they are not everything. The way someone frames and delivers their story, recommendation letters, and other experiences is a huge component of this process. (In MY opinion, the most important!)

• INTERVIEWS - You must remember that an interview goes both ways. At this point, you need to realize they've liked everything you have presented. The next step is the formality of connecting a person to an application. A big part of DPMS is the culture students bring to the program - i.e., the kind of student that aligns with their values and mission. Equally important, as much as the program wants to make sure you are a fit for them, you also need to ensure the program is a FIT for YOU! [DPMS is an amazing opportunity, but you need to be realistic if this will be amazing for you. This fast-paced, INTENSE program requires you to be 10000% dedicated to it. You will be a full-time DPMSer. Admin can see pretty things on your application, but only you know if you are ready to be committed to this. This is especially important for future Track 1 students - think about having to study for MCAT while having to keep up with graduate-level academics. It's doable (a bunch of us have done it, me included :) ), but it is extremely challenging and will require even more of you. Ofc, the lower your MCAT score is coming into DPMS, the more work you will have to do to make up for that.] Do your research, connect with past students, and come prepared to ask questions about the things that matter to you! The interview is very important, but this shouldn't be stressful - this is the easy part now - showcase yourself, be confident in your experiences/story, and just be yourself. That's ALL.

• CASPer - just schedule one as soon as you can. If you are interviewing soon and won't be able to squeeze it in beforehand, It should be fine if it's after your interview. If you are waiting for an interview, I suggest you take it anyway so you can be prepared. The scores take a couple of weeks to be sent & you don't actually receive your score for this; they get sent directly to the school. I HIGHLY recommend taking the practice test.

• Want to emphasize this point because I've been in touch with some people that weren't fully aware of this: If you decide to apply to DPMS, by default, you are interested in attending Drexel Univ College of Medicine. If you are accepted into the program and confirm attendance, you are tied to a contract with Drexel and are NOT allowed to submit an AMCAS application to any other school. If you ultimately don't meet contract (3.2 GPA, 499 min 123 each section) you can still graduate with a master's degree you just wouldn't be starting medical school. You would need to wait until the following application cycle to apply to medical school since you signed a contract opting out of applying to medical school for that year.

• Lastly, I need you all to take care of yourselves through this journey! I also was tied to this platform and lost plenty of sleep waiting for people to post updates. What's meant to be for you will always be there. Be confident and stay focused. Continue doing the things that matter to you and your growth as a future medical student (whatever that looks like for you). Do not pause everything in your life as you wait for an interview invite or acceptance. Things may come when you least expect them.

• Wishing you all the best of luck on this journey. It's long and stressful but absolutely worth it. Do not lose sight of your goals REGARDLESS of what happens between now and the next couple of weeks. Do not let imposter syndrome win, you are worthy of being in this field. 💕

XOXOXOXO
OMG. This was so helpful! Thank you so much. I was wondering if I can connect with you further? I am new to this SDN thing so if we can dm each other, please let me know.

OMG. This was so helpful! Thank you so much. I was wondering if I can connect with you further? I am new to this SDN thing so if we can dm each other, please let me know.
Hi, feel free to direct message me!

How did your interview go?
It went well! The whole thing was very laid back. There was a Q&A with admin and students, everyone was very nice and informative. I feel pretty good about the interview itself, it was pretty much what I was expecting.

Hi! I've heard people in other forums say that Touro's MS only takes 30% of their class into the COM because they only have 25-30 spots available in the DO class. In the interview I had with them they said if all students pass with high enough gpa, all matriculate. It's a little contradictory, so do you know if all students can matriculate if benchmarks are met?

Also, if someone you know in the MS program would be willing to talk with me about the program I'd greatly appreciate it! It's hard to find more information online.

If you meet their GPA requirements for their curriculum and you pass their cumulative test, you 100% get matriculated into their DO school.

Hi I thought you got accepted?

I spoke to admissions today and they said they are doing interviews until mid-May and decisions don’t go out until mid-May to early June. And she also said that decisions aren’t done in the order that you interviewed.

I spoke to admissions today and they said they are doing interviews until mid-May and decisions don’t go out until mid-May to early June. And she also said that decisions aren’t done in the order that you interview
How did you get ahold of them? I have been trying but haven't gotten a response.

I spoke to admissions today and they said they are doing interviews until mid-May and decisions don’t go out until mid-May to early June. And she also said that decisions aren’t done in the order that you interviewed.
Hopefully this means next round of interviews go out tomorrow or next week!

The interviews goes out in rounds? So there has been 2 rounds so far?
I don’t really know if there are “rounds” persay, but it seems like no one else has really heard anything back this week or last about interview updates

• Care