2023-2024 Lincoln Memorial University DeBusk College of Osteopathic Medicine (LMU-DCOM)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know if they are still interviewing? Has anyone gotten an R yet?

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A!!! My first A :))) Interviewed Feb 2nd, LM 63

Reactions: 1 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Got the A call! Interviewed Feb 2nd

Reactions: 2 users
Did anyone who was accepted send their interviewers thank you notes after the interview?

Did anyone who was accepted send their interviewers thank you notes after the interview?
I was accepted today and did not - I usually do, but with 3 students to 2 faculty in an interview, I didn’t really feel like I learned a lot of personal info about the faculty and therefore didn’t have much to put into the email aside from a generic thank you, so I opted not to send one.

how was the interview? i have mine this friday & i'm very nervous :/

how was the interview? i have mine this friday & i'm very nervous :/

Very easy, 2 faculty and 3 interviewees. In my experience faculty did a great job facilitating fair and equal conversation for all 3 of us. They asked the typical questions, but it felt short having 3 people interview in a 30 minute time slot

Reactions: 3 users
Any current students on this thread? A person on reddit mentioned 70 plus students failing anatomy this past semester. Can anyone else confirm this? And if this is the case what reasons do you think contribute to this?

Any current students on this thread? A person on reddit mentioned 70 plus students failing anatomy this past semester. Can anyone else confirm this? And if this is the case what reasons do you think contribute to this?
So, Idk if this is true and I don't go to lmu-dcom. But, if this came from u/Rambojesus on Reddit, I'd take it with a grain of salt. I had a current LMU-DCOM student tell me that her and most of the class know who he is and he's extremely unprofessional and rude to faculty at LMU-DCOM. He bashes the school a lot on Reddit. I know lmu-dcom isn't perfect, but a lot of the stuff he says about the school isn't true.

Reactions: 3 users
Current student here, I am unsure if the 70 plus number is accurate. I will say though a lot of the current tutors emphasized "high yield" topics which were not tested over, so I believe part of the problem was students prioritizing "high yield" topics only. We had dropped questions on exams and on practicals.

I want to mention that LMU-DCOM is transitioning back to in-person exams next fall. The curriculum is also starting to change for the worst (professors becoming more vague for practicals, professors and faculty getting fired, and overall not seemingly receptive to student response). With any school there are negatives, but there are some positives with the school (some of the professors genuinely care about you, true anatomy lab, and I think curriculum might be changing to become a systems based learning which might be good especially for anatomy)

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users

Current student here. I can assure you that if someone failed, it’s because of that student. The faculty are just fine and one of our anatomy professors literally writes embryo questions for COMLEX. The issue is not the quality of professors and faculty, it’s the work ethic of the failing students. Honestly that’s for any school you end up attending. Just study the lectures and supplement with anatomy boot camp etc. and you’ll be fine. I do believe they will be going to a full year combined anatomy and physiology next year so things will be different obviously.

Reactions: 6 users
Another current student here. I agree with my above classmate. I had no issues with the anatomy course and actually really enjoyed it. We have a real anatomy lab which is an incredible experience. Medical school is hard and unfortunately not everyone is willing to put in the work. A general rule of thumb…if you hear someone talking bad about a school it’s most likely someone that has failed and is looking for justification for their own short comings.

No school is going to be perfect. You’re not going to like every professor you have because we all learn differently. Just like how you’re not going to like all your colleagues as a physician. But what I can say is LMU has many excellent professors that care about your future. Almost every professor discusses material in the light of board questions. Their main goal is to prepare you for boards and they give you plenty of resources to succeed. I have been extremely satisfied with the education I’m receiving at this school.

At the end of the day though no matter what school you go to your success will be determined by your own efforts.

Reactions: 6 users
does anyone know if post-interview there are rejections? or does it just tend to be acceptance or waitlist?

Reactions: 1 user
Current student here. I can assure you that if someone failed, it’s because of that student. The faculty are just fine and one of our anatomy professors literally writes embryo questions for COMLEX. The issue is not the quality of professors and faculty, it’s the work ethic of the failing students. Honestly that’s for any school you end up attending. Just study the lectures and supplement with anatomy boot camp etc. and you’ll be fine. I do believe they will be going to a full year combined anatomy and physiology next year so things will be different obviously.
So its going to system based next year for the curriculum?

That is the rumor going around, hasn't been confirmed. I'm sure they'll be some kinks with changing the whole curriculum around, but I think it is for the best learning wise..

Second year at LMU has always been system based and will continue to be. I’ve heard rumors that they are reorganizing how they do anatomy next year, but it’s also a good time to make a change since the main previous professor is retiring. Apart from that though, I haven’t heard anything about first year going to system based.

Quite honestly, I’ve enjoyed having a more traditional class set up for the first year. I feel like it’s given me a solid foundation of the hard core sciences so that I can hit the system-based second year at full speed. Obviously this is just my opinion though.

Lastly, I just want to say that no student at the school has any information on the big changes you may be curious about. The only thing we’ve been told is that we are going back to in person exams next semester (which was always the standard at the school pre-covid). Anything you read students claim online is most likely false and just rumors. If you have any serious concerns you should reach out to school administration…not anonymous sources on SDN or Reddit.

Reactions: 4 users
Has anyone heard anything since the 2/16 interview?

Withdrawing my A -- Hope it goes to one of you! :)

Reactions: 1 users
If my II is on April 5th am I basically fighting for a WL?
No, People are dropping lik flies with these deadlines and deposits quickly approaching(me being one of them lol) You got this!

Reactions: 4 users
Got an II for April 5th. So far 😭

I am interviewing in a few weeks and am SO nervous. Does anyone who has interviewed have ANY advice or tips or anything? :)

Does anyone know if it’s frowned upon to ask for an application update? I haven’t heard from the school since the update in November. I just want to know if I’m still being considered for an interview or they are no longer considering my app.

Does anyone know if it’s frowned upon to ask for an application update? I haven’t heard from the school since the update in November. I just want to know if I’m still being considered for an interview or they are no longer considering my app.
I’m wondering the same. I got the same update in November and no word since…

i was just now put on the alternate list. Is that the same as a waitlist? Interviewed on Feb. 16th

Edit: is it appropriate for me to ask for an application review?

Last edited:
2/16 interview got the A call today and cried! First one ever!

got the A!! had a 2/16 interview, will be turning it down so hope it goes to one of you smarties!!!