2023-2024 Texas Tech El Paso (Foster)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Will we be impacted negatively if we are unable to visit campus in person? I received their email invite to tour but I am unsure if I can make it
why not? Until you have an offer of admission, do all you can to show interest. If it conflicts with an exam you can't get out of, that would be a good reason.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Will we be impacted negatively if we are unable to visit campus in person? I received their email invite to tour but I am unsure if I can make it

During the virtual interview they mentioned that they make their decision almost immediately after your interview. I don’t think that touring the school weeks after would effect their decision but it might have an impact on yours!

Members don't see this ad :)
During the virtual interview they mentioned that they make their decision almost immediately after your interview. I don’t think that touring the school weeks after would effect their decision but it might have an impact on yours!
Wait, they mentioned this?

Hey y'all! Current Foster SOM student. Feel free to ask me any questions about the school!

I know some fourth years that do interviews and from what I remember them saying was that you are ranked same day of interview.

Congrats cheesencrackers!! You’ll do great.

Anyone one else here signed up for the Oct. 17 tour ?!

• Care
Reactions: 1 users
IS II received this morning LM 75 complete 07/22

• Love
Reactions: 6 users
^congrats...when are the possible interview dates that show up for you?

so anxious to hear about prematch. something tells me it will be tomorrow or wednesday. theres a campus tour tomorrow tho so lets see

• Care
Reactions: 2 users
so anxious to hear about prematch. something tells me it will be tomorrow or wednesday. theres a campus tour tomorrow tho so lets see

I checked last year’s discussion and PLFSOM sent out some prematches on the second-third day after the period opened.

Members don't see this ad :)
Checking my email every 10 minutes…lol
I wasn't, but now I am.... Had my interview last week and feel like I killed some of the questions, but rambled too much and didn't make sense for others. This is my only Texas interview thus far so really hoping for a pre-match.

Pre-matched this morning as well! PLFSOM is my #1 choice. Still pinching myself. Couldn’t be happier and grateful. Congrats to all who pre-matched today as well.

• Love
Reactions: 5 users
I love how they took the time to write personalized parts of the email with details from my application. It means a lot.

• Love
Reactions: 8 users
For those of you that prematched today, have you been able to open your offer letter on the amp portal ? When I click on the click I get an error mssg.

For those of you that prematched today, have you been able to open your offer letter on the amp portal ? When I click on the click I get an error mssg.
Give them a chance to update their portal over the next day or two and try again

FYI: “Please accept or decline your offer below within two weeks of receipt of email offer.

Additionally, a non-refundable Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. Please submit your electronic payment by May 15th.”

Anyone know the update letter policy here? Are they open to pre-II update letters?

I read that "Additional documents and/or updates must be submitted through the TMDSAS" in the sentence before that. But TMDSAS doesn't have an update system, right?

Thanks for the help btw!
Yeah, TMDSAS doesn't really have an update system like that.

I read that "Additional documents and/or updates must be submitted through the TMDSAS" in the sentence before that. But TMDSAS doesn't have an update system, right?

Thanks for the help btw!
TMDSAS allows updates of a limited number of things, like contact info, new grades for applicants still in college, and new MCAT scores. There is no option for updating essays, adding letters or resumes etc.

Hello! Has anyone who prematched been able to submit the payment yet? I got an email saying the error was cleared, but I am still receiving it.

You're hiding the good news within this question...
When did you get a pre-match? Congratulations!
Thanks!! Last Tuesday, during the tour! I am super excited and thankful.
I sent an email about the error, but no reply yet. Thinking of giving a call tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
Thanks!! Last Tuesday, during the tour! I am super excited and thankful.
I sent an email about the error, but no reply yet. Thinking of giving a call tomorrow.
Isn't El Paso is due only in May?

From @TheSixYearGapYear above:

FYI: “Please accept or decline your offer below within two weeks of receipt of email offer.

Additionally, a non-refundable Placement Guarantee Fee of $100 is required from students accepting a place in the entering class. Please submit your electronic payment by May 15th.”

Hello! Has anyone who prematched been able to submit the payment yet? I got an email saying the error was cleared, but I am still receiving it.

Congrats on your prematch! I haven’t been able to submit the payment because there’s no link shown. I emailed them about it but haven’t received a response. Good thing it’s not due until May like @texasvandy mentions

Isn't El Paso is due only in May?

From @TheSixYearGapYear above:

You are right, missed that. Awesome, thank you @texasvandy and @tacosnguacamole !

Hi guys! I interview here next week and scrolling through this thread I see people mentioning that this is an MMI format interview. However, I do not see any mentioning of MMI in any of my emails from PLFSOM or in my portal. Can someone who has already interviewed confirm that its MMI? Maybe I'm just blind and am reading over the MMI part lol. Also any interview tips for this school is much appreciated! Congrats to all of you that pre-matched! :giggle:

Hi guys! I interview here next week and scrolling through this thread I see people mentioning that this is an MMI format interview. However, I do not see any mentioning of MMI in any of my emails from PLFSOM or in my portal. Can someone who has already interviewed confirm that its MMI? Maybe I'm just blind and am reading over the MMI part lol. Also any interview tips for this school is much appreciated! Congrats to all of you that pre-matched! :giggle:

It’s MMI! My biggest tip is to use the time before the response to read the question and form a rough outline of how you want to respond to it. Also show up a few minutes early to the MMI. Best of luck!

• Care
It’s MMI! My biggest tip is to use the time before the response to read the question and form a rough outline of how you want to respond to it. Also show up a few minutes early to the MMI. Best of luck!
Thank you!!!

Thank you!!!

Another tip, is remember to keep your phone handy. Sometimes issues can arise like a glitch with the window of one of your interviewers not opening after a couple of minutes. In this case they will probably reschedule that particular interview at the end of your series. Stay calm and in communication with the admissions team and everything will get sorted out fine. Congrats on your II!

• Care