30+ MCAT study habits???

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

confewshz

7+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
20+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hello everyone,

I know this question has been asked a zillion times, but I like to get fresh perspectives. For those who got 30+ MCAT scores(SouthernGirl, beanbean, JScrusader, Samoa, nero, and anyone else who has a 30+ MCAT score), can you post the following information please? It would be greatly appreciated.

1) Your individual scores and composite score

2) The study method used for each section

3) What materials you used for each section(Kaplan, TPR, Examkrackers, AAMC, etc)

4) Which practice tests did you use?

5) What was your undergraduate major?

6) Any other tips you may have for those of us who still have this test lurking over us?

7) How long did you study for the MCAT?

Thanks guys and congrats to everyone who recently took the MCAT :clap: ,

confewshz

Members don't see this ad.

PS 14, VR 10, BS 12, WS Q = Total 36Q

The EK self study schedule. If you have the maturity to force yourself to study on your own, don't take any course- It'll just cost you a lot of money.

3) What materials you used for each section(Kaplan, TPR, Examkrackers, AAMC, etc)
I used only EK materials- all the study books and some of the extra question books. It cost a fair amount in all ~250-300, but I still paid a lot less than most of my friends who took the Kaplan course, and did just as well as them.

I purchased AAMC tests 3-6 and took them, but I also did every chapter quiz from EK.

Neuroscience and Computer Science double major

6) Any other tips you may have for those of us who still have this test lurking over us?
Practice keeping track of time during the test- for whatever reason, when I was taking it I completely lost track of time during the VR section. I thought I had 5 minutes remaining when I really had 40. This is part of the reason that my verbal score is lower than the others and I really wish I had been keeping track of the time better and not lost my cool during the test.

Started studying in January (5-8 hours/week), started more intense studying mid-February ~8 weeks prior to the test (10-15 hours/week).

32Q: 11V, 9P, 12B

I studied the same way for both bio and physical, first I read a section of my PR review book and made flashcards (both from the reading materials and class notes), then I went thru and studied the flashcards, then I did practice problems in the PR review book. Then I would go back and review all the flashcards I had made for that subject. Then move on to the next subject. In the end I went thru and studied all the problems that had been very difficult for me.
3) What materials you used for each section(Kaplan, TPR, Examkrackers, AAMC, etc) I used princeton review

4) Which practice tests did you use? the ones provided by the princeton review

5) What was your undergraduate major? Neuroscience

6) Any other tips you may have for those of us who still have this test lurking over us? Learn to think of it as a game, learn the rules of this particular game and then play by them. Figure out some way to calm yourself the day of the test. I personally meditate, so I did that while waiting in the hall to go in.

7) How long did you study for the MCAT? I studied from mid may until a few days before the August MCAT. I studied everyday except for when I slept and ate etc.

Members don't see this ad :)
confewshz said:
Hello everyone,

I know this question has been asked a zillion times, but I like to get fresh perspectives. For those who got 30+ MCAT scores(SouthernGirl, beanbean, JScrusader, Samoa, nero, and anyone else who has a 30+ MCAT score), can you post the following information please? It would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks guys and congrats to everyone who recently took the MCAT :clap: ,

confewshz

1. 11/9/14 Q 34Q

2. Used Kaplan course outline.

3. PS: Kaplan, Physics book, 1001 EKs; VR: Kaplan, 101 Eks; BS: Kaplan, 1001 eks

4. Kaplan 1-8, AAMC 3-8, PR a,b and two from practice test book, 1 ek?

5. Biology/Chem, w/ a minor in Philosophy

6. Start early and find your individual weakness. Also take a lite load when you plan to take the MCAT so you can devote as much time as possible to studying.

7. 5 months @ 6 hours/day .

Kazema said:
I thought QofQuimica had asked the AAMC what the highest scores in 2004 were, and that they said there were no 44's or 45's.

That is true. There were no 44's and 45's. MD applicants is not reliable because some people lie and make up stuff on there.

P-10 V-10 B-10 WS-R = 30R

PS - I have done well in physics, but I placed out of it from AP exams so some things were pretty rusty. I just did the practice problems from Kaplan, and luckily some of my classes that semester were incorporating some basic physics as well.

VR - Read the WSJ for a few months, and I generally do pretty well on this type of stuff as well without studying. VR is probably the least stressful section, since there's no need to remember formulas or discrete facts.

BS - This was the worst section on the test, for me, since I had a pretty weak bio background and I damn near failed orgo. However, looking at notes from zoology and micro classes helped a lot, as well as my Kaplan materials from class.

WS - I usually have no problem formulating a coherent essay and writing it in a timley fashion, but my handwriting sucks, so I practiced that some. The tips Kaplan gave us were probably the most helpful part of the course, since they essentially rendered the essays formulaic. By the time I had completed the course, I knew this was going to be my strong area, so the R was no surprise.

3) What materials you used for each section?
Used the Kaplan books for most everything, see above. Most of the help I got from the Kaplan course was about how the test is laid out and how to pace/time myself appropriately.

All the Kaplan full-lengths in the course, nothing else outside of that (again, too busy with school). I was feeling pretty bad since my Kaplan scores averaged about 24-25, with the low of 21 and a high of 27. I heard throughout the course that Kaplan was characteristically harder than the actual test, and I found this to be true.

Polymer Chemistry, minor in Biotechnology

Brush up on your calculator-less math skills, I realized how dependent I have become to my trusty TI-89 when I started taking those practice tests. Also, when you study for the MCAT, do it during a light semester or during the summer when you have nothing else going on. I found it very hard to focus on the MCAT when my classes were so demanding. I realized that I wasn't putting nearly enough effort into studying for the MCAT very early on, but I figured that I can always retake the MCAT, not those classes. My GPA is more important at this point. However, the score I got back was much better than I thought but not what I was aiming for last year at this time; yet, at the same time, it's not bad enough to warrant retaking and thus delaying my AMCAS from getting to schools early. So I really don't know what to think at this point, but I'm gonna bite the bullet and apply early and hard.

Took the Kaplan class, but really didn't do much of their stuff since I took it during one of the hardest semesters of my college career (Anal. Chem, Phys. Chem, Polymer Chem, and Toxicology, with research and volunteering on the side :eek: ). Honestly, outside of the 3 hour class sessions in which I focused very hard, I spent maybe 6 or 7 hours of work on the extra stuff online/books/flashcards/etc. over the ENTIRE course. Stupid, on my part.[/QUOTE]

12 10 12
34P

i didn't take any prep course.
only EK materials, including study guide, 1001 bio, physics, g-chem, and 101 verbal. also some kaplan topicals for extra practice.

EK, kaplan topicals, AAMC 3r-8

AAMC 3r-8, EK 1-g

bio/psych double

start studying early, and do as many practice passages for verbal as you can! like everyone says, this section is the hardest to improve upon, so don't overlook it. for physics, make sure you completely understand every single concept, because for the most part, you will get stuff you have never seen before, but if you know the concepts, then it isn't that hard. i took many upper-division bio classes, so that helped me on the bio section, but if you do the EK 1001 bio book, you will get enough practice to do well on the bio section.

started in january, studied ~10 hr/wk, more on the weekends

good luck :luck:

What a great thread. I now know how I will prepare. It's neat to see how people prepared differently but killed the beast.

If any future posters want to include their score progression through practice tests, that might be helpful also.

Thanks for all of the useful info :)

Hey Guys,
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but a lot of people were mentioning the AAMC practice tests. Do these tests resemble the real MCAT's???

Thanks
VP

vmp200 said:
Hey Guys,
sorry if this is the wrong place to ask but a lot of people were mentioning the AAMC practice tests. Do these tests resemble the real MCAT's???

Thanks
VP

The AAMC practice tests seem a great deal easier, in my experience...the scores you get are extremely predictive, however.

Members don't see this ad :)
How are the AAMC's MCAT Practice Tests different from other practice test materials that are commercially available?

The practice tests offered by the AAMC are the only tests that are comprised of actual MCAT items. In fact, they are actually retired forms of the test that were previously administered in "live" MCAT administrations. The scores you receive on MCAT Practice Tests are based upon the live performance of the items. If you take MCAT Practice Tests under the required standardized testing conditions, it will provide the best estimate of what your likely MCAT scores would be, given your level of preparation at the time you take the practice test.

Are the Practice Tests as hard as the real MCAT?

They are real MCATs! The items comprising these tests were pulled from the same item pool that is used to create the current MCAT. Additionally, they have been updated to reflect the content and format changes new for 2003. Any perceived differences in difficulty between these MCAT Practice Tests reflects normally occurring variations in test forms across administrations. Like "live" administrations, these differences are statistically accounted for in the scoring.

This is taken directly from the AAMC website.

Ok there are people a lot smarter than me who have posted on this thread. Take their advice. Don't panic about the test, despite the overwhelming and understandable urge to do so. If you're in a position to take the MCAT, that means you've beaten some hard conventional final exams before. Take those study habits and apply it to the MCAT. Focus on long-term retention over short-term cramming; study just a few hours a week over several months instead of cramming one week before.

About me: 36T MCAT from a written admin, non-trad career switcher w/ a journalism degree, studied ~20 hours a week over 2-3 months via test-prep books such as Kaplan's. Kaplan's was a big help because they have a decent science primer and I hadn't had any o-chem classes before the test; I highly recommend it. Its only downside was a badly obsolete CD data disk (may have been fixed, I had the 2004 edition).

There are two main hints I can give, if it helps at all. #1: The verbal section is drastically unlike the two science sections. This may seem self-evident but many prep courses don't emphasize this enough, I think. They downplay the importance of outside knowledge in the science sections when a solid foundation in the sciences is of VITAL importance when you sit down for the Phys and Bio sections. On the other hand, the verbal section (and the largely irrelevant writing section) test no outside knowledge whatsoever. The verbal section tests induction more than anything, but the science sections test recall. The best test-taking strategies in the world won't matter on Bio if you don't know your aromatics from your alcohols.

#2: The paid courses such as Kaplan only make sense if you learn well in lecture. They may have plenty of assigned homework, but the heart of these courses are the lectures (and these are long lectures, too -- 3 hours!). If you learn better from self-study, now's the time to put that to use and save yourself thousands of dollars better spent on tuition, or maybe beer... but anyway. I recommend the big Kaplan MCAT test prep book as mentioned, plus any subject primers for areas where you are weak such as o-chem, and the official practice tests available from AAMC online.

Examine whether or not some kind of mental block is stopping you from doing your best. Don't fall into the trap of simply accepting the fact that you are somehow "doomed" to have a low MCAT, or that "you don't test well." Cuz that ain't true. Why should you ace your biology and o-chem finals, but settle for just an 8 or 9 on your MCAT bio section?

ok that's it. PM me if you want more specific advice from this big dumb guy. Good luck all on your studies, and kick ass :)

gujuDoc said:
That is true. There were no 44's and 45's. MD applicants is not reliable because some people lie and make up stuff on there.
If it's a scaled test, shouldn't there always be a few people with 44s and 45s?

# correct for 44 & 45 never changes so doesn't matter what the scale is. You basically have to literally ace the test.

ForbiddenComma is right, cramming a week before won't work. It takes two weeks to cram. ForbiddenComma, are you in M. School right now, or applying? Do you really look like that cuz you studied too hard for MCAT?

mashce said:
If it's a scaled test, shouldn't there always be a few people with 44s and 45s?

No, because each section is curved individually. To get a 45 you need to beat 3 separate curves.

Mister Pie said:
No, because each section is curved individually. To get a 45 you need to beat 3 separate curves.
ooh good point. I suppose in each administration, there are people who get the highest subscore in each section, but not necessarily someone who gets it in all of them.

Edit: this now officially belongs here. I got a 37.

I strongly recommend waking up at like 6:30am (or however early you'll have to get up on test day) for like a week beforehand, and going to bed early. That way, even when you can't sleep b/c you're too nervous/excited/afraid you'll miss the alarm the night before, you'll feel well-rested and energized on test day.

Leave plenty of time to get there, including time for traffic, getting lost, not knowing where to park, and not knowing where the building is.

Bring a book to read (non-MCAT) or something else to distract yourself for when you get there half an hour early b/c there was no traffic, etc. (Murphy's law: you'll only get lost if you haven't allotted time to do so) There were people there talking about how well-prepared they were, their latest practice test scores, etc. and even though I felt confident about my preparation, I would have become a nervous wreck if I didn't have anything to do besides sit there and overhear it.

Bring snacks for the 10-minute breaks. You'll be hungry.

i wish one day i could post in this thread, but I guess who knows if I can or if I won't. well, anyways... thanks for the useful tips for studying, they are great. I don't have anything to add.

Study hard for the MCAT and be prepared. that's all. But I am no 30+

SearsTower said:
# correct for 44 & 45 never changes so doesn't matter what the scale is. You basically have to literally ace the test.

ForbiddenComma is right, cramming a week before won't work. It takes two weeks to cram. ForbiddenComma, are you in M. School right now, or applying? Do you really look like that cuz you studied too hard for MCAT?

No. I look like this because of my last biochem exam.

I hear that if people survive first year without looking like this, they'll still eventually wind up looking like this by the end of 3rd year rotations. THIS IS YOUR FUTURE! :eek:

BTW, to get a perfect score on a section, I think you can get a maximum of one question wrong in that section. The actual numbers are somewhere on your AMCAS handout. A 45 means you got a maximum of 3 questions wrong across the entire test... I think anyway, I could be wrong.

Both unusually high and unusually low scores will call attention to your application. It's better to have your three scores close together than having a wild spread. And I say this as someone who had a wild spread.

first im pretty happy to post here finally after a longass summer.
PS 10, VR 10, BS 10, WS N =30N

Kaplan online and lecture course. used every damn thing they had for PS, all the section tests subject tests i started with a 5 im horrible in physics, practice till your head hurts. Verbal i pretty much started at a 10, sometimes hit 11, 12 didnt do it this time, but still a 10 is awesome. Bio im a bio major started at 8s did the practice tests, and it came up to 10-11.
Practice practice and practice, whatever your weak in will show up on mcat, i was weak in fluids in PS got 3 passages on fluids lol.
Used kaplans and EK 101 verbal
all the kaplan 1-11 practice till you go insane, only way average ppl like me learn stuff. AAMC tests too, both kaplan and aamc predicted my score within a point, at least the ones i took 3 weeks before the test.

Biology
I forgot to set time on Verbal on test day even though i practiced several times, didnt panic finished a little earlier than i wanted to, but just stay calm, its a long day your nerves will settle after the first passage.
started June 10, studied around 5 hours a day for all of june, july a few practice tests here and there and practice materials especially on stuff i really didnt understand. I peaked in july so maybe i started too early, i was actually making 32s, slowly went down when august came around.

1) Your individual scores and composite score 32P, 10P, 11V, 11B, WS:p

2) The study method used for each section:
Physics-Studied Kaplan Comp Review, Examkrackers mini-mcats helped alot. The examkrakers was harder then other practice exams but I think it helped get me more accustomed to being blown away by questions initially and then working through them while on the clock.
Verbal-didnt study to much for it because I wasnt sure how to. I got 9's and 10's pretty conssitently so I think the 11 was a lucky section that played to my interests.
Bio-I was a bio major with about 70 credits in various upper level bio classes so this was more review with the kaplan book then anything else. Didnt use old class notes I would reccommend against it since they are usually too in depth for what you need to know.

3) What materials you used for each section(Kaplan, TPR, Examkrackers, AAMC, etc) Used Kaplan Comprehensive review (read it cover to cover like three or four times over four months), Examkrackers Mini-mcats were good, Mcat 45 by Kaplan was good because it was so hard it helped take the shock away from seeing crazy questions. No MCAT prep class taken.

4) Which practice tests did you use?AAMC 3-8, Kaplan FL1-3, Examkrackers mini-mcats
AAMC 3: 8P, 9V, 9B, 26 (no studying)
AAMC 4: 9P, 9V, 10B, 28(three weeks of studying)
AAMC 5: 9P, 10V, 12B, 31(six weeks)
AAMC 6: 10P, 9V, 12B, 31(nine weeks)
AAMC 7: 10P, 10V, 11B, 31(twelve weeks)
AAMC 8: 8P, 9V, 11B, 28(fourteen weeks)*motivated me to study my ass off in physics.
5) What was your undergraduate major?Bio

6) Any other tips you may have for those of us who still have this test lurking over us? Study, no way around it. There's no secret to doing well on this test. Its not an IQ test, its like a final exam covering your entire college career, so study.

4 months, 20 hours a week. Studied around 30-35 hours a week for the two weeks preceding the exam.

33R

V - 10
B - 11
P - 12

simulate the test environment - get used to sitting down all day, not taking breaks

3) What materials you used for each section
practice exams

aamc

philosophy

learn to recognize patterns in question formats. learn to do quick arithmetic in your head for the physics section. learn to gauge if you are on track with time.

a month or so - it wasn't long enough. i could have done better

13PS 12VR 12BS -->37R

I focused mainly on BS and put in maybe 10-15 hours max into PS, which I studied mainly by doing practice passages (which I thought would be my strongest section, and fortunately it was). For Verbal I just tried reading random articles on and off. Some of the forum goers here suggest The Economist. This is a GREAT recommendation-- the articles are concise and packed with information, much like you'd expect from the MCAT.

Also, for the love of God, USE EK to practice verbal reasoning. The TPR verbal is VERY different from the MCAT verbal, in my opinion. The EK practice passages, much like the actual MCAT, force you to make logical inferences rather than simply retrieve information already stated in the passage. I didn't get my EK book till the last week so I did 4 practice tests in the span of a week. I think it made quite a difference because I knew what kind of logical inferences to make for the actual test.

For BS I just read the TPR review book and did practice passages.

TPR for the sciences, TPR+EK for Verbal.

6/6/05 TPR 4911: 9PS 7VR 8BS
7/11/05 TPR 4921: 12PS 8VR 8BS
8/1/05 TPR4931: 13PS 9VR 10BS
8/8/05 AAMC7: 13 PS 12VR 12BS
8/14/05 AAMC8: 14PS 9VR 11BS

Thought I'd provide timeline and score breakdowns for people who are interested in how to gauge their progress in the future.

Engineering

Don't mess around and schedule easy classes for the term you are taking the test. I was too lazy over PS due to complacency (ie my test scores kept going up with little work). I feel that if I had studied more I might have been able to squeeze out one extra point in that section. STILL, my other two sections were so good (for me) that it'd simply be silly of me to complain at all. I'm such a fortunate guy and I hope those of you who read this and still have to take the test get the score of you dreams!

Started studying around the first or second week of July for the BS section. Basically I read the TPR BS book once, and then I skimmed it through a second time. I'd say a total of 30-40 hours or so.

A couple of practice passages for PS per week.

I did basically the entire TPR Verbal workbook + 4 of the EK practice tests, spread out starting in July. The 4 EK practice tests were all taken the week before the actual MCAT. In addition to that I started reading passages from The Economist about 2 weeks before the test and got used to dense reading. Apparently it helped a lot! On the actual test day I finished 15 minutes early (whereas on practice tests I was running out of time) and I tied with my highest VR score.

Also, don't get discouraged by the insane scores here (I'm talking about 35 or higher). Realize that only 5% of the nation gets 35 or higher and that there's simply a disproportionate amount of overachievers on this forum. In the end, compete with yourself and yourself only, it will make your life much easier.

Mister Pie... i used EK VR....and i thought that i was very prepared...and also thought that i did extremely well on VR after taking the exam

....now i got my score...and its very very low....do u think i should get a remark..what did i do wrong? :(

1)32M 10P 10V 12B

Form DL August 2005

how i studied for each section
read every damn post in this thread and decided to get my hand on TPR workbook, EK complete guide, and EK 101 verbal. Did not use TPR science workbook much but read the EK complete guide cover to cover 3-5 times.

started studying for April 2005 MCAT and diagnostic scores of about 25 made me quit about 5-7 weeks before the exam. studied for August exam for 12 weeks while working, volunteering and taking 3 classes. For verbal used EK 101 verbal. did the whole book except one passage and also did about 7 kaplan verbal passages. EK has the best questions kaplan has the best essays. started at an 8 and moved to the mid to high 10 range by the end of studying

BS purchased EK complete 1 year before the exam and took bio and orgo the year directly before the MCAT. Used the EK complete orgo and bio a lot to review.

PS should've spent more time studying hear. was an engineering major before so took physics with calculus some engineering classes and thought I would own it. But I have not taen gen chem or physics in about 10 years and it showed when i started doing diagnostics. the last 3 weeks I concentrated on PS since I was running out of time consistently on practice exams. used EK, textbooks, and about 3 chapters from the kaplan BIG book.

writing sample. you don't want my advice but I tried to finish each topic with 5 minutes to spare and closed my eyes/chilled out.

practice MCAT scores
in order taken
3R around 30 untimed. took it twice
5R 25 1st time and high 20s second time
EK 1G 25
free kaplan online 25
free TPR online
6R about 30
4R about 29
7 29

Tips
Start early! don't cheat on time on practice exams. I did for PS and on the real deal it was the only section i ran out of time. use SDN for tips but ignore what people are getting on practice exams. I did not get a 30 on a practice exam until about 10 days before the exam.

i only took basic sciences. for bio i would do questions first and then the passages a strategy found in the MCAT HELP forum.Try to read each problem and find key words that are in basic science to find "what is it really asking".

on the way to the exam I took a 45 min train ride. closed my eyes and imagined calling all of my family to tell them of my great score.

BE CONFIDENT. even after the goose egg on PS I chilled during my break and then was determined to own the BS/Verbal section.

After the MCAT called mom and said thanks for everything. Did the same when I got my scores.

major
biochem. wish i was a nutrition major or something.

length of studying
5 weeks for the april MCAT and quit and then about 12 weeks for the August MCAT. spent about 20-30 hours/week on the August MCAT. I just did not want to have to take this again.

32...12 P, 10 V, 10 B

i didn't study at all...i don't want to be a doctor. i only took the mcat so that my parents would get off my F*cking case! my score was almost identical to the diagnostic score for kaplan (31)...since i didn't study for that, i kind of expected this score. I have taken physical chemistry (I and II), analytical chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, physiology, and histology. i also read presidential biographies...so i really didn't need to study (i probably should've at least practiced, but oh well...) for the bio part, know genetics and physiology...and biochem also helped. for the physical sciences, there was a TON of quantum mechanics...or so it seemed like that to me. the verbal was ok...but I read a lot...so it wasn't too bad. if i wanted to go to medical school, i would DEFINITELY retake it (anything below a 36 would be totally unacceptable). good luck to all you people who want to be a doctor, but the field just isn't for me. i'm only posting because i didn't study, but did above average because i had taken such classes as quantum mechanics, and it showed up quite a bit on the august mcat. good luck to everyone...you're gonna need it.

31 (something)

Questions, Questions, Questions. Timing yourself is very important.

Kaplan Course, study books and every question they have to offer.

Kaplan

Biology

Don't cut yourself short on time. Plan out your study strategy.

3 months. I had been out of school 5-6 years.

garybuseyrulz said:
32...12 P, 10 V, 10 B

i didn't study at all...i don't want to be a doctor. i only took the mcat so that my parents would get off my F*cking case! my score was almost identical to the diagnostic score for kaplan (31)...since i didn't study for that, i kind of expected this score. I have taken physical chemistry (I and II), analytical chemistry, biochemistry, cell biology, genetics, physiology, and histology. i also read presidential biographies...so i really didn't need to study (i probably should've at least practiced, but oh well...) for the bio part, know genetics and physiology...and biochem also helped. for the physical sciences, there was a TON of quantum mechanics...or so it seemed like that to me. the verbal was ok...but I read a lot...so it wasn't too bad. if i wanted to go to medical school, i would DEFINITELY retake it (anything below a 36 would be totally unacceptable). good luck to all you people who want to be a doctor, but the field just isn't for me. i'm only posting because i didn't study, but did above average because i had taken such classes as quantum mechanics, and it showed up quite a bit on the august mcat. good luck to everyone...you're gonna need it.

Shooting for a 36+ is way overkill.

garybuseyrulz said:
32...12 P, 10 V, 10 B

Last summer, a friend of mine, did the same thing. She took the test just cuz her parents made her take it. Then she secretly applied to PhD programs in Microbiology working with bioterrorism detection research with USF's Microbiology department. Her parents were pissed she wasn't going to go into med school, but I think she made the right choice cuz she didn't seem to interested in treating patients, etc. She's more the science minded researcher type.

Score:
B13
V13
P13
Tot 39T

1. Your Form (If you remember):
BN

2. Your Practice Score Range:

33-38 (AAMC, plus extra kaplan, PR, and others fell in this range too)
3. What you used to Study
PR class (pr science work book (finished this in the first month, spent second month doing practice sections, tests and EK 1001, some of a-d, every book from every other company i could find (kaplan, EK 1001, pr, gold standard)

I studied for about 2 solid months (june20-aug20), 9am-1130 class, 1230-6pm at a library and usually a little at night. I think what helped me the most is that i studied with someone else , and we could really help each other learning concepts. I think if you find someone who is as serious as you, it helps alot if you keep quizzing each other and asking each random questions.
4. Major:
Bio
The only classes I had taken were our Biocore (a little bit in all the major bio sections), one quarter chem lab, 2 quarters (2/3) ochem, physics, and one quarter Gchem. I dont think you need to have taken a bunch of advanced classes to help you do better (mcat doesnt test advanced concepts that much, more just application of whats in the passage), but im sure they dont hurt.

Is taking a class worth it?

I think the most useful thing about the PR class were the books i got, and the practice saturday tests - we had them at my test center and there were a bunch of people so the real one was exactly the same - that was really helpful. But i'd recommend taking a class if you know you'll do a lot of studying in addition.

6. Random tips:

Practice Verbal!!! (I went from a 9 to a 13 - i practiced and did only 8 passages, and guessed the 9th - it helps to read the passage carefully (2-3minutes) and then go to the q's even if you skip one - just skip a 5 question passage not a 9 or 10 question passage)....

Prewrtie your writing samples (and use the PR technique) - it makes it a mindless process and you can write the first few and last sentences before the test and just edit them for the real thing. Practicing the writing section a bit of this doesnt hurt either.

I did a ton (i mean a ton) of practice sections/questions which help you get comfortable and get your timing down.

Try taking your practice tests in an area that's not dead silent (ie somewhere where there are alot of other people shuffling papers, walking around - the real test def. is not as silent / pefect as you would like it to be). And make sure you practice bubbling and time all your sections too!

Go over your test mistakes on any section or practice passage you do reall really carefully, and maybe keep a small notebook with all the random facts you think are good to know so you can review them later.

Eat a good lunch - something you'll really like and take a lot of water and eat cliff bars, #2 before the test - i was farting during a practice test once and that sucked......also being friendly to the attractive girl sitting next to me made me alot more relaxed......hopefully you'll be as lucky....
most important: dont be nervous, go in confident that you worked hard. And i guess it is possible to peak at the right time.

good luck

psychMajor said:
Mister Pie... i used EK VR....and i thought that i was very prepared...and also thought that i did extremely well on VR after taking the exam

....now i got my score...and its very very low....do u think i should get a remark..what did i do wrong? :(

It's always possible that you misbubbled or something. What was your test score range?

I don't want to fill this thread with our conversation so if you want to discuss this more, feel free to PM me. I should warn you though that I am no verbal expert (look at my initial scores!).

33Q

VR = 10
PS = 11
BS = 12

(Form EK, August 2005)

VR: Read over Kaplan Comprehensive Review for strategies and just took practice exams and sections. Even toward the end, I felt that for some questions there were just two answer choices that seemed equally fine to me, and even after reading the answer explanation I couldn't "get" how one choice was better than the other. I aced the GRE (including verbal, which is a different format), and feel that AAMC feeds fuzzy b/s questions into the verbal section just so fewer talented pre-med folks will ace it. Just annoying, is all, because it makes verbal more about "cracking it" (i.e., figuring out the perspective that will allow you to differentiate between those two valid answers, and YES they are both valid) than about testing verbal skills. I think toward the end I started figuring out that verbal favors the "straightforward" valid answer choice over the "overthought" valid answer choice, but it wasn't soon enough. Ok, enough ranting . . .

PS: Went back over physics textbook and Comprehensive Review. Worked out problems, but once I realized that the Kaplan practice exams I was using are the most useless for this section (i.e., over-emphasis on calculation) I began reading physics to try to understand the concepts behind the formulas.

BS: I had already taken biochem, molecular bio, and physiology (thankfully), so I spent the least amount of time studying for this section. Read over Kaplan Comprehensive and referred back to textbooks, and worked out problems.

WS: Not much prep at all. Got a sense for what they were looking for (from Kaplan), and then practiced by giving myself a few minutes to come up with a rough outline when I saw the topic.

For all sections, I read over Kaplan Comprehensive Review and completed many sections/tests under the alloted time. It's important to gain an intuitive sense of how much time you're going to have for each question, and to train your mind to think/calculate at the appropriate speed for finishing the test and doing well.

Kaplan Comprehensive Review, class textbooks, NO REVIEW COURSE (seems like a waste of money for us (at some point in med school, you'll have to learn to discipline yourself for independent study anyway), and I don't like the idea of these companies profiting off of, and even furthering, our often unwarranted anxiety).

Kaplan (way too hard except for maybe verbal, and physics just overemphasized calculations), AAMC (right on the money, of course, and I ponied up the money for two tests (took three, and averaged maybe one point higher than what I got)).

Sociology

Give yourself enough time so that you can learn/review the material in pieces without freaking out about an impending test date (I wish I had spent an extra month or two, especially to get comfortable with the verbal strategy I was starting to figure out and to get even more comfortable with physics), and then understand the physics and bio formulas/concepts with great familiarity (a page of physics formulas/concept worked well).

Two months. I went pretty intense (maybe 6 hours per day on average) and had already taken some advanced bio and all my other pre-reqs.

Thanks to all those who helped me with advice and good luck to those who are reading some now!!!

41Q
P: 13
V: 13
B: 15

PS and BS: I used Kaplan, the classroom course, but I didn't really find the classroom time very useful. It was good that the lessons were on a schedule so that I could plan and organize my studying. I read, reread, and reread again all of the Kaplan books that they provided. For concepts that I didn't understand, like some orgo or physics, I went back over my textbooks or old notes. I used the flashcards, and took tons of notes in my Kaplan books. I did every practice problem in the Kaplan books. I did all of the AAMC practice items, all of the topical tests, all of the section tests, all of the subject tests, five Kaplan full lengths, and 2 AAMC full lengths. I did EVERYTHING they provided. My score increased 10 points from my diagnostic. Do every problem you can get your hands on, and go over your wrong answers so you don't miss a similar question next time.

VR: I had an interesting experience with verbal. My diagnostic verbal score was a 12, and on all of my practice tests, I also scored 12s. I am a biology/dramatic art double major, with a focus in dramatic literature. So I guess that explains some of the reasons for my strength in verbal. I also love love love reading, and read for fun often. This could also be a factor. But on the actual exam, I mis-timed and thought I had to finish 10 minutes before the actual time. So I rushed through the last three passages, only then to realize that I had an extra ten minutes. I went back and managed to correct a few of the errors I had made. But I worried about verbal for the last two months. From that experience, I really recommend being careful about the timing on this section! I didn't practice too much, I did all of the required Kaplan materials, but not all of the extra verbal ones.

WS; Followed Kaplan prep, wrote 6 sample essays. Hmm, I think the grading on that section is kinda random. So no worries.

I only used the Kaplan Classroon Course and the materials that they provided. But I certainly used EVERYTHING that they provided.

I took Kaplan 1-5
and AAMC 7 and 8

Biology and Dramatic Art

Don't put off studying just because you are afraid of how you might do. Take a diagnostic cold, and don't worry about the score. Identify your weaknesses as soon as possible, and study, study, study.

Three months, all summer. I studied for approximatly 4 hours every day, up to 8 some days.

PS 11
VR 11
BS 8
WS P
==>30P

Home study with EXAMKRACKERS and EXAMKRACKERS AUDIO OSMOSIS. I went to Europe for all of July(took the Aug. administration), and didn't want to lug the books all around, so I bought an iPOD and put all of the AUDIO OSMOSIS CDS on it. It was a real back-saver! The previous year I home-studied with Kaplan, and trust me, there's a lot that Kaplan teaches that you will NEVER need. IMHO, don't waste your money or time learning non-test topics, because you've got enough to worry about!

See above.

EK comes with a full-length booklet that's basically just like the MCAT(except, IMO, a little harder). I also took some AAMC tests. Practice, practice, practice, so that you're not stressed about what you see on test day. I woke up Saturdays early and took the test just as I would on the real thing. It should seem like just another practice test. Freaking out at the test site will be your undoing.

Spanish

Try not to get tunnel vision. Don't study Physics exclusively for a month and then General Chem. and then Organic, etc. Try to break it up into smaller bites. I studied a week on each topic and just kept rotating. It kept me from becoming bored with thinking that I had to study General Chem AGAIN for hours tomorrow. The most important part of studying, for me, wasn't learning the minutiae of every little reagent of every reaction, because honestly you won't need to know that anyway: like EK says, there isn't a topic they can test that you haven't already learned. The only thing they can ask about is BASIC science, and that's all. It may be dressed up all fancy and complicated, but if you can somehow cut through all of that, you'll see a simple question at its center. That, for me, was the biggest factor in my score improvement. Also, since I have pretty bad test anxiety, I worked on ways to keep myself calm and go slowly and purposely. You don't, contrary to popular belief, have to BLAZE through this test. A minute and a half per question is actually longer than you might think.

Started mid-May about three hours a day, then obviously not much in July since I was in Europe, then all of August pretty much every day, all day. DON'T study the day or night before, or the morning of the exam. If you haven't learned it by then, you're not going to, and you're just going to freak yourself out. Wear headphones before the exam and during breaks. There's always SOME idiot talking loudly about how easy a certain section was, and how it's absolutely necessary to know *** or you're screwed, trying to freak people out. If you have headphones, you can stay within yourself.

Good luck! :thumbup:

39R
PS: 14
VR: 12
BS: 13
WS: R

PS: Studying facts that I didn't know. Doing practice tests and writing down what I didn't know. Going back and reviewing what I missed, reading up on those concepts. Worked like a charm :).
VR: Practicing using AAMC. I really dislike this section with a passion since the questions are rather vague, and I disagree with the vague logic used in some of the AAMC answer explanations. But in the end, did quite a bit of VR practice and did fine.
BS: Read a lot. Memorized a lot.

Each section, geesh. Ok, PS: I used Kaplan and EK. Kaplan's FL tests were way too quantitative; don't fret about this. AAMC PS was the best indicator of PS difficulty.
VR: I can't really think of anything in particular other than calming down and thinking about the questions the way that the AAMC wanted me to think about them. AAMC tests had the best passage difficulty (note the long "10 question" passages and short 5 question ones - Kaplan's tests don't do this, which is a shame).
BS: Read Kaplan and memorized a bunch of details. Do not bother freaking out if you don't memorize everything in the Kaplan books on orgo. This isn't a big deal, and I never had to name an ester, anyway... Be sure to check the AAMC syllabus on what you actually have to know; this is reflected in the EK Orgo review book, although some techniques like Edman degradation were definitely covered kind of shadily and too quickly in EK.

AAMC 3R-8 (I didn't take all of 3 or 7, only the VR sections) [35 to 38]
Kaplan Diagnostic [31]
Kaplan FL 1-5, 7, 8 [33 to 37]

"Molecular, Cellular, and Developmental Biology" - aka Cell Bio

Don't freak out!!! Really. The science on the MCAT isn't as hard as people make it out to be. Know your basics and be prepared to extrapolate off of what you know during the test. For instance, don't freak out if you don't remember specific G-protein signaling pathways. You won't die if you aren't intimate with adenylyl cyclase. The passages will tell you all the info you need to know if knowledge of this depth is needed. I found that the best way to study was to do practice tests and then check my mistakes. This was much more useful than just straight studying of facts.

From June 15th until August 19th, roughly. So 2 months.

I can't emphasize enough how I feel that the reputation that this test has gotten probably limits the ability of people to do well on it. Being calm and composed is probably 60% of doing well on the MCAT since the knowledge required should only be "basics." Pack a good lunch. Sleep the night before. Prepare enough for the test and just be confident in yourself. This is what I'm going to all of my friends taking the MCAT in August.

12/14/15/S

verbal = practice reading fast enough so you can finish the verbal section in 60 minutes, giving you 40 minutes to go back and check answers.
physical = memorize equations... that's all there is to it, plug and play
bio = I didn't study for this section since I just completed second year organic chem and am in a bio heavy program.

Nothing special... verbal was just reading novels to get speed up and the two science sections were just whatever textbooks we used.

I bought the Kaplan MCAT Practice Test package that has 2 practice tests.

Lab Medicine Pathobiology

I found a lot of questions in the science section could be answered without reading the passages because they were conceptual in nature. The ones that did require data from the passages tended to be the easier ones where it's more of a "can you find what we said was the answer in the passage" types.

I've always been reading a lot so you can count that as spending forever on the verbal =P
practice test at the start of summer = 1 day
memorizing forgotten first year physics equations = 2 days

Test taken: August 05

15 PS
13 VR
14 BS
Composite: 42O

I had only taken one bio class (genetics) so I figured I'd need to find a way to catch up on bio. Also, I'm a bum and I know it. I enrolled in Kaplan's summer course, both to motivate me to study and to help with bio.

I studied all the Kaplan Review books at least once for each section. Again, the bio got more wear. I was also introduced to ExamKrackers Audio Osmosis about three weeks before the test, which was a godsend considering that I was working for about 10 hours a day and would listen to it when I had dead time.

I took all of the Kaplan's stimulated MCATs (there were five) when they were administered, and I did AAMC 3-8 the two weeks before the test (I stopped going to work).

ALL: PS VR BS TOTAL
Kaplan Diagnostic: 12 12 9 33
K. Full-length #1 : 11 11 11 33
K. Full-length #2 : 12 12 11 35
K. Full-length #3 : 12 13 13 38
K. Full-length #4 : 13 13 12 38
K. Full-length #5 : 13 11 12 36
AAMC PT 4 : 14 11 13 38
AAMC PT 5R : 12 12 12 36
AAMC PT 6R : 14 12 13 39
AAMC PT 7 : 14 12 13 39
AAMC PT 8 : 13 12 - -

The above scores are off of my kaplan printouts... Honestly, the most important thing I did with my practice tests was reading the explanations and making a few pages of notes of the questions I answered incorrectly. It was better than marking it off in the booklet itself because that would have required flipping through massive amounts of paper.

I would also like to bring to your attention that my actual score is a full three points higher than what I ever scored on a practice test, AAMC or otherwise. I don't know how that happened, but something to keep in mind.

Physics and Mathematics.

Find something distracting to do the day before the test. Kaplan kept telling us not to study, but I'm usually pretty chill about tests so I studied for the first half of the day - then, my imagination kicked in. Hooboy. Let's just say the amount of nervous energy emanating from me could have powered a small factory.

Take many layers to the testing center! Mine was so over air-conditioned (and I was so nervous) that I ended up wearing a t-shirt, a heavy sweater, and a shawl before I felt comfortable.

Kaplan Diagnostic was June 1st, MCAT was August 20. I would pay attention in Kaplan class (and I had a good instructor), but arguably, I didn't start studying until mid-July. I really kicked into full gear first week of August.

Best of luck, and feel free to PM me with questions =)

1) High-30s

2,3) Examkrackers ALL the way. Don't take a prep course. Examkrackers is all you need. I was fortunate enough to get the big science practice passage book that came with the PR prep course for free and finished almost all of it. I suggest you find or borrow it.

BS- EK covered everything in their books. I'm a non-bio major so I also supplemented my studying with the 1001Q EK Bio book. I had like no Orgo on my form, and that's my best subject. All i needed was covered in EK's concise book for biology. It's not worth worrying about orgo unless you had trouble with the class. The orgo questions on the mcats aren't bad.

PS- EK of course. EK should have "redded up" more formulas in the wave section (indicate which formulas you should know). Physical sciences have always been my strong points and I just focused my time into biology.

VR- Didnt do so amazing on this section, but I'd say the Ek101 book boosted me up a point or two. If you don't know by now, check the book out! There's so little you can do to prepare for this section. I told myself for years to start reading magazines and newspapers, but I never followed through. It doesn't matter- I think I did near the best I could with the effort I put in.

4) The AAMC 3-8 series : 34, 32, 34, 35, 36, 36... all the EKs and a couple store bought exams. That's where I put the most time into. Def. the most important part of studying. I didn't fully review my mistakes, but i recommend you do that.

5) Chemistry Major

6) Do every thing TIMED. time is the key. i finished my PS section 30 minutes early and my BS 25 minutes early. I owe that to doing sets of 11 passage practice sets I designed from that big PReview science review book. The reason behind my quickness is that I initally skip the passages/questions I feel uncomfortable with. I breeze through the rest of the section and don't spoil myself with all the stand-alones at once. When I come back to the unanswered passages, I have all the time in the world and make fully thought out answers. This is the most efficient method (for the sciences; i had no technique for verbal). For the practice exams, I actually did better on the "uncomfortable" questions than the other ones.

7) 4 hrs/day, 6 days/wk, 11 or 12 weeks in the summer. Mid-way through i found myself bored, but i just stuck to it and did all those practice problems. I think all you really need is a few practice exams and 2 rounds through the subject review.

Oh yea, for breakfast and lunch that day, have nothing but plain bagels, sweedish fish, gatorade, and orange juice.

And stay away from Kaplan. Their physical science practice sections are nothing like the real exam (it's all number punching). Their verbal questions are too detail orientated (you'll never get the feel of the real exam). Their biological science subject review is way too detail orientated (you're going to waste major head space and you won't know what's important). If you to need to waste money on a prep course, go with Princeton Review. Their Science Review book is amazing and they have you take AAMC 8 under simulated conditions.

This thread was extremely helpful when I was studying, so trying to keep it going for future folks.

11BS, 15PS, 13V. 39R

EK is great. Followed the 10-week schedule. Did 1001Q's in Bio where I knew I was weak, and tried to memorize all the key facts from Bio like crazy to cover the things I never learned in the intro bio class I bombed.

Mostly EK and then did all the AAMC practice exams.

All of the AAMC, EK 1g, some free Kaplan/TPR diagnostics (which are seriously distorted, so take your scores with a grain of salt...Kaplan diagnostic was a 28; two weeks later with no additional studying in between, AAMC 3R was a 35. Truth was probably 30-31 range, as 3R is known to be high).

Neuroscienceish stuff

EK verbal strategy is the best I have ever seen. I tend to do well on standardized exam verbals sections (800 SAT, 730 GRE, etc.), and the EK strategy is the only one I've seen that comes close to explaining an actual workable strategy that will get you closer to the answer rather than just making your test sheet black with ink marks.

EK 10-week schedule, plus an extra week for cushion.

Good luck to all you future takers!

32M 10P 10V 12B

Verbal: 101 EK and some kaplan full lengths
bio: EK complete series and a few items from the web like krebs cycle
physics:EK complete series, text and kaplan for a couple topics
gen chem: Ek complete and kaplan for a couple of topics
organic chem: EK complete and some notes from class
wrting sample: look at my score. I'm not the one to ask

How I prepared:

Read the 30+ foum

EK complete series was my bible and I read it over and over again. I did the 30 minute chapter tests only after I felt comfortable with the material. I saved all the AAMC exams for last except the 3R diagnostic. My scores ranged from 24-30 and probably averaged 26/27.

AAMC 3R-7
free kaplan online
free TPR online
EK 1G

biochem

when studying for the MCAT don't spend 10 minutes doing a chem/physics problem. Spend only 45secs-1 minute or so and then look at the answer. Try to do the problem again later in your studies and repeat. If using the EK 1001 series try to time you work at 45 seconds/problem or somewhere around that time. I wasted many study sessions doing 30 problems in 2 hours because I was DETERMINED to figure it out without looking at the answers. This turned into a bad habit and I started running out of time on PS and this happened on the real deal. 45secs/problem is prob good for BS and verbal as well.

don't get psyched out if you feel you bombed a section. I felt crushed after the PS section but dusted myself off and said "Oh well now I just have to get a 12+ in verbal and PS". Ignore what people are scoring on practice exams on SDN. not all of us can score 30's at the start of their studies. I did not hit a 30 until a week or so before the MCAT.

about 12 weeks

stoleyerscrubz said:

32M 10P 10V 12B

Verbal: 101 EK and some kaplan full lengths
bio: EK complete series and a few items from the web like krebs cycle
physics:EK complete series, text and kaplan for a couple topics
gen chem: Ek complete and kaplan for a couple of topics
organic chem: EK complete and some notes from class
wrting sample: look at my score. I'm not the one to ask

How I prepared:

Read the 30+ foum

EK complete series was my bible and I read it over and over again. I did the 30 minute chapter tests only after I felt comfortable with the material. I saved all the AAMC exams for last except the 3R diagnostic. My scores ranged from 24-30 and probably averaged 26/27.

AAMC 3R-7
free kaplan online
free TPR online
EK 1G

biochem

when studying for the MCAT don't spend 10 minutes doing a chem/physics problem. Spend only 45secs-1 minute or so and then look at the answer. Try to do the problem again later in your studies and repeat. If using the EK 1001 series try to time you work at 45 seconds/problem or somewhere around that time. I wasted many study sessions doing 30 problems in 2 hours because I was DETERMINED to figure it out without looking at the answers. This turned into a bad habit and I started running out of time on PS and this happened on the real deal. 45secs/problem is prob good for BS and verbal as well.

don't get psyched out if you feel you bombed a section. I felt crushed after the PS section but dusted myself off and said "Oh well now I just have to get a 12+ in verbal and PS". Ignore what people are scoring on practice exams on SDN. not all of us can score 30's at the start of their studies. I did not hit a 30 until a week or so before the MCAT.

about 12 weeks

Woo hooooooooooo Stoleyscrub is off post hold!!!!! :D

Congratulations on your scores!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

thanks! i don't know which one is better: getting a 30+ or being released from "post hold". i will have to reflect on that.

gujuDoc said:
Woo hooooooooooo Stoleyscrub is off post hold!!!!! :D

Congratulations on your scores!!!!!! :thumbup: :thumbup:

stoleyerscrubz said:
thanks! i don't know which one is better: getting a 30+ or being released from "post hold". i will have to reflect on that.

I'll say the 30+, because regardless of what you scored, you were going to get off the post hold after a week. But the thought having to take that horrid test again, would be a torture worse then being banned from SDN. Plus, even if you were banned, you could always create another account. But if you don't do well on the MCAT, you have months of torture to deal with and then hell to wait for scores again. :laugh: :laugh:

So I'd say that is an easy one!!!!!!!!! :D :D :D :D

Dr^2 said:
Test taken: August 05

15 PS
13 VR
14 BS
Composite: 42O

I had only taken one bio class (genetics) so I figured I'd need to find a way to catch up on bio. Also, I'm a bum and I know it. I enrolled in Kaplan's summer course, both to motivate me to study and to help with bio.

I studied all the Kaplan Review books at least once for each section. Again, the bio got more wear. I was also introduced to ExamKrackers Audio Osmosis about three weeks before the test, which was a godsend considering that I was working for about 10 hours a day and would listen to it when I had dead time.

I took all of the Kaplan's stimulated MCATs (there were five) when they were administered, and I did AAMC 3-8 the two weeks before the test (I stopped going to work).

ALL: PS VR BS TOTAL
Kaplan Diagnostic: 12 12 9 33
K. Full-length #1 : 11 11 11 33
K. Full-length #2 : 12 12 11 35
K. Full-length #3 : 12 13 13 38
K. Full-length #4 : 13 13 12 38
K. Full-length #5 : 13 11 12 36
AAMC PT 4 : 14 11 13 38
AAMC PT 5R : 12 12 12 36
AAMC PT 6R : 14 12 13 39
AAMC PT 7 : 14 12 13 39
AAMC PT 8 : 13 12 - -

The above scores are off of my kaplan printouts... Honestly, the most important thing I did with my practice tests was reading the explanations and making a few pages of notes of the questions I answered incorrectly. It was better than marking it off in the booklet itself because that would have required flipping through massive amounts of paper.

I would also like to bring to your attention that my actual score is a full three points higher than what I ever scored on a practice test, AAMC or otherwise. I don't know how that happened, but something to keep in mind.

Physics and Mathematics.

Find something distracting to do the day before the test. Kaplan kept telling us not to study, but I'm usually pretty chill about tests so I studied for the first half of the day - then, my imagination kicked in. Hooboy. Let's just say the amount of nervous energy emanating from me could have powered a small factory.

Take many layers to the testing center! Mine was so over air-conditioned (and I was so nervous) that I ended up wearing a t-shirt, a heavy sweater, and a shawl before I felt comfortable.

Kaplan Diagnostic was June 1st, MCAT was August 20. I would pay attention in Kaplan class (and I had a good instructor), but arguably, I didn't start studying until mid-July. I really kicked into full gear first week of August.

Best of luck, and feel free to PM me with questions =)

ur a f*cking genius

ps 11, vr 10, bs 10 ws R = 31R

for PS i did as many problems as humanly possible, because i'm not good at PS. used kaplan and tpr materials.

3) What materials you used for each section(Kaplan, TPR, Examkrackers, AAMC, etc

oops, answered that in 2

aamc 7 and 8 plus the princeton review tests

music

my advice should be for physics and writing sample since i wound up doing best in those. okay: i actually lost about 7 minutes, feeling sick on the PS section, and the questions seemed like swahili to me. i finished the section running on pure adrenaline. my advice for PS is FIGHT. really really fight like there is no tomorrow. ha ha, i know brute force is not a popular method on SDN, but it did get me an 11.

WS: be psychic. just kidding, but seriously, i wrote about hurricanes 9 days before katrina. WS doesnt really matter anyways.

my surgery was june 7...it took about 3 weeks to recover, and then i studied continuously.

Status
Not open for further replies.