AEGD University of Rochester Interview for 2011

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Thanks for the encouragement Xander . I am myself so scared and discouraged. I was the one with minimal experience on the day of the interview. So it made me almost sure that I wont be the one they would choose considering my experience status.So just keeping my fingers crossed.

I have minimal experience too! I graduated 2009. But if I had a lot of experience, why would I go to their program? They should understand it.

Members don't see this ad.

I have minimal experience too! I graduated 2009. But if I had a lot of experience, why would I go to their program? They should understand it.

This program will enable applicants to get license to work in some states in USA.So, They have to select one with good qualifications, experience and personality. Good luck for all applicants in their career.

does anyone know when they'll start sending out results?

Members don't see this ad :)
This program will enable applicants to get license to work in some states in USA.So, They have to select one with good qualifications, experience and personality. Good luck for all applicants in their career.
But if to stay apart from licence issue, what young dentists should do? Such programs should help young dentists to get experience! So, in my opinion they should accept people with no experience as well!!!

But if to stay apart from licence issue, what young dentists should do? Such programs should help young dentists to get experience! So, in my opinion they should accept people with no experience as well!!!
I feel the same..

How did you find out that they gonna start on february? I cant understand, why does it take such a long time? Why not to do it right after the last interview since they could remember us better. Why not to put the list of selected candidates on their web site?

Last edited:
How did you find out that they gonna start on february? I cant understand, why does it take such a long time? Why not to do it right after the last interview since they could remember us better. Why not to put the list of selected candidates on their web site?
U have to understand that they have tons of work, and the process of going through all those applications can take a while. They also have their responsibilities so they can not focus all their time doing this.
They start making calls by early Jan , sometimes even Late Dic. This will be the people that is top on the list. If somebody refuse the offer they will go to the next one and so on. So they will not have a final list until everybody accept and pay for the registration.

Good luck and try to be patient...

please, let us know if any one receive a call, mail or email regarding the result.....Good Luck for all

Hi guys,I am FTD and applied for 2012,the thing is I've mentioned in my application form that I can not come for iv, so I have not got any email for iv,is it a negative point and does it affects on the acceptance? I am so deppressed:(:(

Hello Doctors,
We just have to wait....best of luck to all of us...

Hi guys,I am FTD and applied for 2012,the thing is I've mentioned in my application form that I can not come for iv, so I have not got any email for iv,is it a negative point and does it affects on the acceptance? I am so deppressed:(:(

I think its a negative point. I think they gonna select candidates from those who was on the interview.

Members don't see this ad :)
I think its a negative point. I think they gonna select candidates from those who was on the interview.

The application form contained this statement:
Can you come to Rochester for a personal interview? 􀂅Yes 􀂅No
If they didn't consider the applicants who couldn't come to the interview why they drew 200 $ from them? does that make sense?

If they didn't consider the applicants who couldn't come to the interview why they drew 200 $ from them? does that make sense?
I totally agree with you; but still need strong application and resume...

I think maybe they consider this applicants, but in this type of competition in my opinion chanses are very low!

thanks for the answers,however I had to do so because I live in Iran and it is almost impossible for me to come to US for interview, I've got accepted by NYU for Biomaterial and did not expect their acceptance,so I think there is still a chance for me, btw wish you the best,:love:

I mean super qualifications...

No one applied to this program with super qualifications, most of the applicants that I met almost have the same, but some of them had more experience or NBDE part one or two. The mechanism of acceptance is not quite clear, so don't worry you may be one of the candidate.

thanks,you really inspired me, I hope they consider my condition,besides my resume is a good one, I have 5 years of clinical experience, toefl 101, Gpa 3.7 and strong recommendation letters, so I think there is chance for me:confused:

thanks,you really inspired me, I hope they consider my condition,besides my resume is a good one, I have 5 years of clinical experience, toefl 101, Gpa 3.7 and strong recommendation letters, so I think there is chance for me:confused:

Great !!!! :)

No one applied to this program with super qualifications, most of the applicants that I met almost have the same, but some of them had more experience or NBDE part one or two. The mechanism of acceptance is not quite clear, so don't worry you may be one of the candidate.

I think the mechanism of acceptance is clear.The questions in the application form focus on:
1. Indicate Dental Boards passed (State or States) and score(s):
2. Undergraduate Education:
3. Graduate Education:
4. Post-graduate Experience (Appointments held, Courses Taken, Practice and Military Experience):
Logically, they put these questions in the application form because they will consider them in the acceptance process beside the personality of the applicant in the interview.
Best luck for all.

I think the mechanism of acceptance is clear.The questions in the application form focus on:
1. Indicate Dental Boards passed (State or States) and score(s):
2. Undergraduate Education:
3. Graduate Education:
4. Post-graduate Experience (Appointments held, Courses Taken, Practice and Military Experience):
Logically, they put these questions in the application form because they will consider them in the acceptance process beside the personality of the applicant in the interview.
Best luck for all.
For me the mechanism of acceptance is not clear at all!! I know people who have high Boards scores and they were not even invited for the interview, and I know people with no boards and clinical experience at all, who were invited. Where is logic?

For me the mechanism of acceptance is not clear at all!! I know people who have high Boards scores and they were not even invited for the interview, and I know people with no boards and clinical experience at all, who were invited. Where is logic?

So,what is the purpose of application form if they won't consider it ?

So,what is the purpose of application form if they won't consider it ?

I think they consider it at some point, lets say they invite 50 percents according to the strong application and another 50 percents randomly in order not to miss somebody genious, who doesnt have lot of experience and did not pass Boards yet, or in order to make diversity to give chance to all of us. So its really difficult to understand them, and chances have all of us!

Happy New year....May all your wishes come true in 2012 and the first one is your acceptance in AEGD program in Rochester.

U have to understand that they have tons of work, and the process of going through all those applications can take a while. They also have their responsibilities so they can not focus all their time doing this.
They start making calls by early Jan , sometimes even Late Dic. This will be the people that is top on the list. If somebody refuse the offer they will go to the next one and so on. So they will not have a final list until everybody accept and pay for the registration.

no news till now:eyebrow:

I called them today and they said at the end of this month...

Some friends told me that the processing of some applications have been already done this week but I didn't receive anything till now.:confused:

Some friends told me that the processing of some applications have been already done this week but I didn't receive anything till now.:confused:

I have no idea, this is weird!!, they told me they will take their decision at the end of this month...are you sure about that? I mean; are they already contacted those applicants?

She said,

I have not yet heard of the results. To my knowledge, no one has been accepted yet.

So I think we'd better relax and wait a little more.:xf:

She said,

I have not yet heard of the results. To my knowledge, no one has been accepted yet.

Is it mandatory that the process go through her, they may contact applicants through the general dentistry administrator!!!
I hope what you are saying is true, so we still have some hope...

She said,

waiting is torture, I can't be relax until receiving the result:(

I asked Mona and she told me that the results will be in February.

This is true, the final list after contacting all potential applicants and after they accept the offers and admitted to the program, then they will give you the final result (in February) which says (if are not a lucky one); thank you for your application, all position were filled...

no news till now:eyebrow:

I called them today and they said at the end of this month...

She said,

what is the exact date for sending result? why there are different answers for that
?:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

There is a huge difference between hearing the final result and getting a message from them to proceed in your application, are you with me or not?

I am asking about the time of receiving reply from them?

We have to hope for the best...relax and wait for that e mail