Anyone else get the vibe that your professors hate you?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
hahahahahahaha likes? hahaha that's funny he wins? I'm sure I won't lose any sleep over that.
I assumed that, if you could arbitrarily use # of posts/ time on an Internet forum as a means to measure someone's social aptitude, I could use % likes as a metric for how well received those people are.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
dude, I think we can all agree that this thread was not productive and you didn't get the answer/advice you were looking for. I'm sorry for that, but there's no point in spending time attacking people on here. Let the thread die, and I hope you manage to work this out with people in real life.

That guy called me a "motherphucker". Nevertheless even though my response wasn't vulgar in nature i'm sure it hurt him more than what he said to me. Thanks for your reply I am retiring from this thread everyone good luck

He's probably 20.

As far as I'm concerned, the minimum age to even apply to med school should be 26.

Members don't see this ad :)
I assumed that, if you could arbitrarily use # of posts/ time on an Internet forum as a means to measure someone's social aptitude, I could use % likes as a metric for how well received those people are.

You're trying too hard man somehow you must have thought I was referring to you because the insult was very similar to your current social situation. Just get out and talk to a few people and some girls. It's going to be alright. I might sound arrogant and like an ass*ole in my posts but I'm actually the nicest guy you'd ever meet.

That guy called me a "motherphucker". Nevertheless even though my response wasn't vulgar in nature i'm sure it hurt him more than what he said to me. Thanks for your reply I am retiring from this thread everyone good luck
Holding you to it.

Holding you to it.
By retiring I mean the subject that I was originally supposed to discuss I will no longer discuss. All the other topics I will most definitely chime in.

Bruce, I'm telling Talia.

Reactions: 2 users
I'm surprised people actually entertained the idea of this thread for 2 pages. Nice troll job OP.

OP, maybe one of your professors hit on you, but now you assume all of them are.

As a man who knows women, I can tell you the odds of you being the right type for every professor that is female that you have are smaller than the odds of SDN never having another troll thread.

Either way, unless there is abuse involved there is nothing you can do about them being grumpy except try to get on their good side. It's up to you to figure out how. /thread.

Wow this is the only post that actually made me angry. What would you do if a male professor randomly groped your shoulder during lecture for NO reason at all? Oh wait that's right since I'm a male and she's a female she can't do anything inappropriate, strong double standard. I don't want to give out too much information in fear of jeopardizing my anonymity. I will say though I had three witnesses that also confirmed the unwarranted touching that was occurring during class. I went to her office a week before a test so she can clarify a concept for me. As soon as I got there she looked surprised and said, "I'll be right back". When she got back I smelled some perfume and her hair was out of her usual pony tail. Mind you this was before I complained on her. Don't ask for anymore details because this is more than enough to confirm what her intentions were. Who am I kidding I will probably get even more heat for this post because secretly every male poster wishes a female professor hit on them.
I had lunch with a male professor once and he dropped huge hints about going out after the class finished. He also would touch my shoulder, but it really didn't bother me. We are both adults, I'm not a child, and it wasn't something that was so incredibly distracting that I would risk his reputation and job over it. He didn't harass me and hold my grade hostage, if you don't like the touching the shoulder just move back a couple of rows so you're out of her walking/lecture zone. Just my opinion.
Edit: I still don't know why this would bother you enough to report it? I've had some pretty ridiculous stuff happen to me and I just deduce it to people acting like humans. People (and professors, yes they're people too) can hug me, give me squeezes, pinch my cheeks, tell me that I look nice, ruffle my hair, give me their cell phone number, text me at weird hours (although I probably won't respond) and I'm still not going to care. Unless they're grabbing my restricted areas or saying things like "I want to do xyz to you" I'm going to be pretty chill about it. We lose so much natural human interaction these days because we are so afraid of being inappropriate that we really lose a lot in the end. I'm not trying to judge you, I just wanted to give you my thoughts on it.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
So how did she get your number to text you?

Serious answer: if he's in her class, she has access to some amount of his information. This can include his address and phone number. I've personally called students to wake them the hell up on the day of their final.

Reactions: 1 users
Serious answer: if he's in her class, she has access to some amount of his information. This can include his address and phone number. I've personally called students to wake them the hell up on the day of their final.

Wow, I had no idea. Over here accessing that kind of personal information could get you fired.

Why is this thread still alive?

(bump)

Last edited:
All my professors love me because I am a beautiful man.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.
1391477287159.jpg

You forgot to talk about how awesome you are

He's probably 20.

As far as I'm concerned, the minimum age to even apply to med school should be 26.
Honestly I think they should do a personality test for med school, much like many corporations do for jobs. Such tests are less about actually measuring personality and more about providing answers that are not social or career suicide. Basically they gauge how apt you are when it comes to basic moral choices and social situations. And yet, an amazingly high number of people perform quite poorly. I'd be curious to see how such a test would shake up the matriculant pool.

Honestly I think they should do a personality test for med school, much like many corporations do for jobs. Such tests are less about actually measuring personality and more about providing answers that are not social or career suicide. Basically they gauge how apt you are when it comes to basic moral choices and social situations. And yet, an amazingly high number of people perform quite poorly. I'd be curious to see how such a test would shake up the matriculant pool.
That makes me thing many of those tests are flawed in some way, as to show that "an amazingly high number" score poorly. I always advocate for looking at every individual on a case-by-case basis, but that would obviously be too expensive and time consuming, even if fair.

**no data=non scientific. Just talkin'**

I am guessing you're a fan of MMI?

That makes me thing many of those tests are flawed in some way, as to show that "an amazingly high number" score poorly. I always advocate for looking at every individual on a case-by-case basis, but that would obviously be too expensive and time consuming, even if fair.

**no data=non scientific. Just talkin'**
I mean amazingly high in the sense that I can't believe anyone is so lacking in common sense that they would fail to answer "no" to questions like "would you take a box of pens from work if you thought no one would find out" on an employment survey. Even one person answering that question wrong is too many. The most common employment tests I've seen had questions that raise red flags if answered incorrectly, but only a person with severely compromised abilities in determining right from wrong would fail to answer appropriately to begin with. It's pretty much a screen for people with serious problems.

I had the cell number and home number to every professor in my department. I had a professor that hugged everyone. It was weird at first, but she have good hugs. None of it was a big deal.

Sorry for the personal anecdotes, but part of being a medical professional is learning to deal with things that people other than yourself find socially acceptable. Patients come in many sizes, shapes, and personalities: some are touchy feely, some are crude, and some are overtly sexual. Heaven forbid the thought. If you cannot learn to properly deal with situations and assess personal interactions, then perhaps you should chose a new career path.

Personally, I thought the flirty teachers were awesome. I was more inclined to pay attention to every word they had to say.

I understand that to you this stuff sounds weird and inappropriate, but what you are perceiving as inappropriate, seems more like an over reaction.

I mean amazingly high in the sense that I can't believe anyone is so lacking in common sense that they would fail to answer "no" to questions like "would you take a box of pens from work if you thought no one would find out" on an employment survey. Even one person answering that question wrong is too many. The most common employment tests I've seen had questions that raise red flags if answered incorrectly, but only a person with severely compromised abilities in determining right from wrong would fail to answer appropriately to begin with. It's pretty much a screen for people with serious problems.
Ah. So it's as simple as determining who/who wouldn't be willing to do something blatantly inappropriate. I thought you were talking about something along the lines of personality classification, although that information would be valuable to such an assessment.

Ah. So it's as simple as determining who/who wouldn't be willing to do something blatantly inappropriate. I thought you were talking about something along the lines of personality classification, although that information would be valuable to such an assessment.

Perhaps there could be a standardized form that LOC writers/advisory committees turn into amcas that deals strictly with personality traits.

Perhaps there could be a standardized form that LOC writers/advisory committees turn into amcas that deals strictly with personality traits.

This runs into the problem of giving LOR writers even more sway on your app when they already have a ton of power. I can envision some poor applicants being trapped by their lab PI's by forms like this..

Personality evaluation is best left to interviews. Maybe psychiatrists should do all the interviews? Hahaha ;)

My professor rubbed my hand briefly today. I think she likes me.

How is this not locked?

My professor rubbed my hand briefly today. I think she likes me.
Professor looked at me...I thinks she wants intercourse.

This isn't supposed to be an amusing topic but rather serious one. Not to turn this into a sexist argument but it's only with the female professors. Every male professor i've had seemed to actually like me. The female ones blow me off when I ask questions, throw papers rather than hand them to me, and give me dirty looks. However what i'm concerned most about is when comparing papers with other students I get points marked off for reasons another student didn't. Told a few of my peers about this problem and most of them said it's probably because they're attracted to you. I don't feel this to be the case but it's not something i'm not considering a possibility.

I just hope they don't ruin your committee LOR.

If they're old (>60), the question of hating based on attraction should not be a factor. I think 60 and 20 is a bit too much of an age difference, even for cougars. If the prof. is younger, like in her 20's, it could make a difference if she's fat. I've experienced a lot of fat administrators and professors treating me with scorn, and I honestly thought that they were just pissed off at people who were thin. Male professors should have the opposite effect on female students though. I've heard of female students even getting better treatment from male professors :/
:laugh: omg come on people

Reactions: 3 users
hF8A9F727

I am so happy this thread is still going :)

So glad this thread got resurrected, or else I'd have missed it completely!

In seriousness to the OP, have you ever thought about, you know, talking with one of your professors? I don't mean asking her straight-up, "why do you hate me?" but ask to meet with her and tell her that you feel like you struggle at times with the class and aren't sure why. Show her your enthusiasm for the material (you do enjoy learning, right?) and ask her if there's anything she thinks you could improve on. This gives her an opening to maybe point out some behavior of yours that you don't even realize you're doing.

On the other hand, she may sincerely say no and you should recognize that this whole issue may simply be a matter of your perspective. Some women, dare I say it, may actually be very direct. People often see this as relatively normal, coming from a man. But when someone who isn't used to seeing strong women is confronted by a college professor, this same behavior may be interpreted just as you are now.

However, in your meeting: Don't. Get. Defensive. Don't let your relationship with any professor become adversarial. The two of you, your classmates and a host of others, make up a team to help you reach your educational goals. Alright, that last bit is a bit cheesy, but also true.

Question... are you male or female? are you gay?

You said female prof didn't like you but male did. You say you are an attractive guy. I'm genuinely confused. Please clarify.

This thread should be pinned for future students that have the same issues as I am certain that this is widespread across a lot of campuses.

FYI I got the highest score on the exam an 86% class average was 63%. Lets just say there isn't a hateful bone left in her body.

Gooby plz

Or you were overly sensitive to begin with.

It is what it is she invited me to dinner tomorrow night so she can recruit me for research :) either way it's a win win for me