Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Is the ADEA page about supplementals up to date? I don't want to wait for a school to contact me and I was supposed to go to them.
Yes. If you're unsure, check the schools' websites

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
For those of you who are still waiting on your transcript to be received, don't spend more money on re-sending it just yet. Be patient and it will show up! Today which is exactly 10 business days since I mailed my transcript, it finally shows up as being received on 6/15.
mine too!

Is it only me? I'm spending more time in here than in any social network.. :nailbiting:

Reactions: 1 users
Quick question, for someone that had their transcripts received on the 13th, by when is it "typically" verified...does it really take 4-6 weeks for that to happen?

Quick question, for someone that had their transcripts received on the 13th, by when is it "typically" verified...does it really take 4-6 weeks for that to happen?
Don't quote me but to my understanding that only happens after you pay.

Actually, I'm right.
"Your GPAs are not yet available. ADEA AADSAS cannot calculate your GPAs until each post-secondary transcript has been received and you have e-submitted your application and paid your application fee. Once your application is complete, it may take up to 4-6 weeks for your GPA to be calculated."

Reactions: 1 user
Just to be sure, the transcript for this year's summer classes doesn't need to be received in order for the GPA to be verified and application sent to schools, right?

Just to be sure, the transcript for this year's summer classes doesn't need to be received in order for the GPA to be verified and application sent to schools, right?
No. If courses are marked planned or in progress, they don't need to be on the transcripts you submit yet.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it only me? I'm spending more time in here than in any social network.. :nailbiting:
I totally feel you bro. I practically go to this Pre-dental board everyday.
Does yours say "mailed"? Anyone get mailed yet?
Every year they don't mail out the first so-called "batch" until the end of June. Not sure about this year though.

Quick question: I plan to shadow an orthodontist next week. I already submitted my AADSAS app. Is there a place for me to add these shadowing hours in my supplementals?

It doesn't matter if it says "mailed". Once your GPA is verified, the school can see your application. They're electronic now, not paper so there's nothing to "mail"

"Thank you for your application to the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM). Your application is complete. However, you have indicated that you have fall coursework in progress.

We will hold your application for review pending receipt of new grades. Once those are received, a final decision will be made by the Admissions Committee. Please send in your fall grades to the AADSAS application service as soon as possible. CDM operates on a rolling admissions process; interview seats are offered on a first come, first served basis."

They're saying my account is on hold until my fall grades come in so does that mean they won't give me an interview until then since my account is on hold or what does this mean?

"Thank you for your application to the Midwestern University College of Dental Medicine (CDM). Your application is complete. However, you have indicated that you have fall coursework in progress.

We will hold your application for review pending receipt of new grades. Once those are received, a final decision will be made by the Admissions Committee. Please send in your fall grades to the AADSAS application service as soon as possible. CDM operates on a rolling admissions process; interview seats are offered on a first come, first served basis."

They're saying my account is on hold until my fall grades come in so does that mean they won't give me an interview until then since my account is on hold or what does this mean?
What??? That's messed up. By the time I sent my Fall grades my transcript will have courses in progress for the spring. So, would they ask for those too? :confused:

I know I'm super confused because my grades for the fall won't be done until December obviously lol so I'll probably just end up calling them and see what's up!

That's strange. All my acceptances came on the condition that I complete my planned coursework. Maybe that's what they mean. I really can't see them not even interviewing you until November or later due to that. That would mean excluding everyone who hasn't graduated yet. And if that's what they do, that's very weird

That's probably what they mean but the title of the email was "hold before interview notification" but maybe they meant they won't make final acceptances until than? Which is still weird because my semester won't end until Dec 17 so they won't have the grades for awhile.

That's probably what they mean but the title of the email was "hold before interview notification" but maybe they meant they won't make final acceptances until than? Which is still weird because my semester won't end until Dec 17 so they won't have the grades for awhile.
Call and def. let us know

That is very weird. This is one of the few SDN freak-out questions where I would agree you should be a little freaked out lol. I will say, if you got that email, just know that there are hundreds who are also likely getting the same thing if it's to anyone who hasn't graduated college yet. Or actually, if your GPA is borderline, it might be to see if you improve during fall semester. I've usually only heard of that kind of hold post-interview pre-acceptance though.

That is very weird. This is one of the few SDN freak-out questions where I would agree you should be a little freaked out lol. I will say, if you got that email, just know that there are hundreds who are also likely getting the same thing if it's to anyone who hasn't graduated college yet. Or actually, if your GPA is borderline, it might be to see if you improve during fall semester. I've usually only heard of that kind of hold post-interview pre-acceptance though.
Yeah, I'm trying not to freak out yet, but my GPA is high so that shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm going to call them right now and let you guys know what they say! ;)

Yeah, I'm trying not to freak out yet, but my GPA is high so that shouldn't be a problem at all. I'm going to call them right now and let you guys know what they say! ;)

Alright, it's all good! They said it was that part of the email was meant to be taken out, but the reason my account was on hold is I only have 2 out of my 3 LORs in so far so once the third one is in, they'll take my account off hold. :)

Reactions: 2 users
Alright, it's all good! They said it was that part of the email was meant to be taken out, but the reason my account was on hold is I only have 2 out of my 3 LORs in so far so once the third one is in, they'll take my account off hold. :)
:highfive:

Do they see the edits I did on my AADSAS app before submitting?:bag:

Don't think so. Some people edit a ton and add/remove things all the time. I doubt they would want to sift through all of that.

Under my status for DAT scores it still has the information about updating your DENTPIN/date of birth because no information is found. Is this just the generic screen they show while DAT scores are being verified? I took my DAT on 6/13, I know it takes a few weeks for them to verify.

Under my status for DAT scores it still has the information about updating your DENTPIN/date of birth because no information is found. Is this just the generic screen they show while DAT scores are being verified? I took my DAT on 6/13, I know it takes a few weeks for them to verify.
same here. Took the DAT on 6/13 and still have that info. Someone here said it took 14 days from the day he took it. So, ours should be in next week.

I am unsure on how to label one of my courses. During my final semester as a senior I took a course called Science and Science Fiction in Film just to lighten my load and make some room to study for the DAT. It is listed as a 1000-level Physics course (PHYS), but I don't know if it would technically qualify as an actual physics course... It was also an online class. It honestly didn't even hit me until now that I could potentially use it as a Physics course while I was taking it. Any advice?

I am unsure on how to label one of my courses. During my final semester as a senior I took a course called Science and Science Fiction in Film just to lighten my load and make some room to study for the DAT. It is listed as a 1000-level Physics course (PHYS), but I don't know if it would technically qualify as an actual physics course... It was also an online class. It honestly didn't even hit me until now that I could potentially use it as a Physics course while I was taking it. Any advice?
If it's a 1000-level physics course, list it as a physics course. If there's some way to designate it as an online class, do that as well.

Are there any schools that are known to give large scholarships to OOS students?

Are there any schools that are known to give large scholarships to OOS students?
From what I've seen on here, Penn gives like 1 or 2 half scholarships I think. I think I've seen other schools offer 1 or 2 large scholarships but for in state students. I forget where, I believe Minnesota, had one that lowered the OOS cost to IS for one lucky person. Even if you have a 4.0 and 25AA, you still can't really try to pick and choose schools based on a scholarship you think they might give you. That's why people look for OOS schools that offer IS after 1 year. Sorry.

Hello ,
My gpa has been verified and I was wondering which section I would have to look at ?

there is Inc +- and W/O +- section

Not really AADSAS but for the secondaries where they ask "any additional information you would like the Admissions and Selection Committee to consider" can we leave it blank or should we include something regardless?

Just a thought. Not selecting all the schools when applying to take the DAT is the dumbest thing to do... By the time you apply to take your DAT you actually don't know to what schools you are going to apply. Now I have an additional expense of $315 :bang:

Just a thought. Not selecting all the schools when applying to take the DAT is the dumbest thing to do... By the time you apply to take your DAT you actually don't know to what schools you are going to apply. Now I have an additional expense of $315 :bang:
You don't have to select any schools when you take the DAT.* It will auto sync with your AADSAS account.

*or maybe you just have to pick one, but definitely no more than one.

When I took it, I only selected UF because I didn't know where I was going to apply. AADSAS sent out my DAT scores to all of the schools through my AADSAS app though when I actually applied.

You don't have to select any schools when you take the DAT.* It will auto sync with your AADSAS account.

*or maybe you just have to pick one, but definitely no more than one.

When I took it, I only selected UF because I didn't know where I was going to apply. AADSAS sent out my DAT scores to all of the schools through my AADSAS app though when I actually applied.
Really??? So why they say that any school that you don't select for your score to be sent out, at the time of DAT app, you will need to pay an additional fee of $35?

Really??? So why they say that any school that you don't select for your score to be sent out, at the time of DAT app, you will need to pay an additional fee of $35?
I don't know, but as of last year, you could pay them the money to send the DAT scores but you didn't need to because it goes straight your AADSAS app.

Edit: http://forums.studentdoctor.net/thr...rlier-with-no-dental-schools-elected.1077547/

That should help. Looks like this question comes up every year. You only need to select one school