Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Anyone know how to get the FAFSA 2014-2015 paper? I checked on the website but they only have 2015-2016 and i didn't fill it out for that year.
That's an error. They want 2015-2016, you might as well send 2016-17. And a letter of explanation saying that that's impossible to get lol. That's what I did. Someone told me he called and they said it was an error :meh: but they still didn't change it

Members don't see this ad.

Do AADSAS and FAP work weekends? Like, can my transcript or FAP app change status on the website on a weekend day or should I just stop opening it every 2 minutes and relax til Monday?
Relax until Monday and get good at doing that. Especially once you start staring at your email waiting for interviews. Weekends and holidays are the literal worst.

Reactions: 1 user
For schools such as UCLA that email you to submit a secondary fee/application, does this ever occur before your AADSAS GPA is verified? Or will invitation-only supplementals only become available post-verification? Edit: Did some more searching and it seems like I'm not going to hear much until post-verification.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Unrelated question, but there was a thread that has a list of people who are willing to read PS. Do you guys happen to have the link to it?

For schools such as UCLA that email you to submit a secondary fee/application, does this ever occur before your AADSAS GPA is verified? Or will invitation-only supplementals only become available post-verification? Edit: Did some more searching and it seems like I'm not going to hear much until post-verification.
Bingo. For some others though, you might hear before verification, so still check your email

I tried searching for a clear-cut answer to this, but I couldn't find one. My application is completely ready to go, and all I'm waiting on is for one professor to submit her recommendation. If my professor wants me to resend the upload link email that gets sent when you save an evaluator, can you do that after E-Submitting? I want to E-Submit and get this app off my mind.

I tried searching for a clear-cut answer to this, but I couldn't find one. My application is completely ready to go, and all I'm waiting on is for one professor to submit her recommendation. If my professor wants me to resend the upload link email that gets sent when you save an evaluator, can you do that after E-Submitting? I want to E-Submit and get this app off my mind.
Last year, you were able to. I'm not entirely sure about this year. If no one else can answer you here, try calling AADSAS first thing tomorrow morning.

Reactions: 1 users
OK at this point I feel like I can't just keep sitting and waiting on my transcript. I mailed mine on 6/6, and I know it might take 7-10 business days for AADSAS to change the status as "Received." Today marks 12 days, and this Monday will be 10 business days. Should I call AADSAS on Monday? Or should I just go ahead and resend my transcript?
You're not alone.

You're not alone.

I called Friday and they said after 10 business days to resend. He also checked some weird folder where transcripts go that they can't pair with the apps so maybe call and see if your transcripts are in there before re sending them?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Reactions: 1 users
Debating whether to resend one of my transcripts...been over 10 business days but I got a confirmation that it was delivered from my school. Also at this point grades for my summer class are in so my gpa will be slightly lower than in the transcript that I feel is sitting at the bottom of a pile somewhere...

Folks, here is what I plan to do with my weird transcript situation: Call AADSAS again on Monday to ask them to look for it, and if it's still not received then I'll go to the Registrar to pay for another transcript.

Debating whether to resend one of my transcripts...been over 10 business days but I got a confirmation that it was delivered from my school. Also at this point grades for my summer class are in so my gpa will be slightly lower than in the transcript that I feel is sitting at the bottom of a pile somewhere...
It's Sunday. Things take time.

Members don't see this ad :)
It's Sunday. Things take time.

Yeah I know, I meant as of Friday it had been over 10 business days. It's just frustrating to see other people getting verified when my stuff should a been here a while ago. I really just need to get off sdn lol

Yeah I know, I meant as of Friday it had been over 10 business days. It's just frustrating to see other people getting verified when my stuff should a been here a while ago. I really just need to get off sdn lol
You're going to be in for a LONG cycle if you're impatient over a couple of days.

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to correctly input stuff into the extracurricular portion. I am a founding member of a chapter of a social sorority, so I dedicated a lot of my extra time to starting and running it. As a result, each year I held 3-4 positions in the sorority. How do I input the different positions?

Do I make one entry for each year and state the positions I held, or make an entry for every position and put the years that I held it?

In addition, what is the best way to input the community service hours and philanthropy events that I did through the sorority? We are required to do 15 hours each quarter of community service that are fulfilled through different community service events we attend. We also organize fundraisers, clothing drives, and workshops throughout October of each year for our philanthropy.

If you could help me out with this, I would greatly appreciate it!

I'm having a hard time figuring out how to correctly input stuff into the extracurricular portion. I am a founding member of a chapter of a social sorority, so I dedicated a lot of my extra time to starting and running it. As a result, each year I held 3-4 positions in the sorority. How do I input the different positions?

Do I make one entry for each year and state the positions I held, or make an entry for every position and put the years that I held it?

In addition, what is the best way to input the community service hours and philanthropy events that I did through the sorority? We are required to do 15 hours each quarter of community service that are fulfilled through different community service events we attend. We also organize fundraisers, clothing drives, and workshops throughout October of each year for our philanthropy.

For multiple position for the same organization within a year, ADEA allows you to put slashes. Ex: Secretary/Vice-president/Co-founder.
As for the other question, I do not know.

1. Can we remove the schools we've designated once we e-submit?
2. Adding schools after e-submitting costs the same as submitting them before, correct..?

1. Can we remove the schools we've designated once we e-submit?
2. Adding schools after e-submitting costs the same as submitting them before, correct..?
No and yes. The cost is the $90-something that it is to add another school

Last edited by a moderator:
I've noticed that when I click the "Preview" button in the the personal statement section of the application, I need to hit the enter button twice to separate each paragraph, but when I click the "Print application" button, one enter is enough to separate them.

Anyways, so my question is, which one is the more accurate representation of exactly what the dental school will see?

You can input it as multiple entries. That's why I did. Include that service in the description. You can expand upon it more in a personal statement or interview. You won't be able to list everything you want, but neither will everyone else.

I've noticed that when I click the "Preview" button in the the personal statement section of the application, I need to hit the enter button twice to separate each paragraph, but when I click the "Print application" button, one enter is enough to separate them.

Anyways, so my question is, which one is the more accurate representation of exactly what the dental school will see?
Lol if you have the characters, hit enter 2 times for peace of mind. This won't make or break you though. Don't worry

Do you only see your transcripts have been received after you have e-submitted? I sent in my transcripts June 2 and still no transcripts on AADSAS

Do you only see your transcripts have been received after you have e-submitted? I sent in my transcripts June 2 and still no transcripts on AADSAS

If received, the date will be under "Date Received" on the "Transcript" section under "My Application Status" on the right.

You will see the transcripts when they're received, even if you haven't submitted your app. AADSAS is kinda slow in updating though so they usually post that your transcript was received a few days after it was actually received

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If I have gotten Dean's List multiple times, how do I indicate that? Do I make separate entry for each semester I received it or is there any way to include it all in one?
Thanks!

If I have gotten Dean's List multiple times, how do I indicate that? Do I make separate entry for each semester I received it or is there any way to include it all in one?
Thanks!

I put it once and in parenthesis I wrote multiple times. So "Dean's List (Multiple times)"

Under Official scores in AADSAS, it just says Date Taken and Date Received..It does not give you the individual scores?

Under Official scores in AADSAS, it just says Date Taken and Date Received..It does not give you the individual scores?

After you submit your app, go to dental school designations and click on application pdf for any of the schools. It will have your DAT scores on there

After you submit your app, go to dental school designations and click on application pdf for any of the schools. It will have your DAT scores on there

Oh gotcha. thank you!

Where can I include if I have research posters under my name? Do I just write that in the description or can I include it in the awards/honors section?
Thank you!

When writing brief descriptions for extracurricular/volunteer, do we just state the cliche "coordinated events," "communicate with others" etc etc?? What exactly do they expect us to write in the description? Wouldn't it be about the same things others write about in their app if that person is also a secretary of a club, for instance?

Where can I include if I have research posters under my name? Do I just write that in the description or can I include it in the awards/honors section?
Thank you!
In the descriptio of your research

When writing brief descriptions for extracurricular/volunteer, do we just state the cliche "coordinated events," "communicate with others" etc etc?? What exactly do they expect us to write in the description? Wouldn't it be about the same things others write about in their app if that person is also a secretary of a club, for instance?
Write what you did. Everyone has the same character limit. Everyone has ECs and likely volunteering. Lots of people probably did similar activities. If your job was coordinate events and communicate with others (that second one seems a little unnecessary to say though) then write that

So I just took my DAT on June 16. So now do I just put the June 2016 on the application under DAT scores and leave the Canadian section blank? Also how long will it take for my scores to show on the application status section? Thank you!

So I just took my DAT on June 16. So now do I just put the June 2016 on the application under DAT scores and leave the Canadian section blank? Also how long will it take for my scores to show on the application status section? Thank you!
Yes and ~2 weeks

For those of you who are still waiting on your transcript to be received, don't spend more money on re-sending it just yet. Be patient and it will show up! Today which is exactly 10 business days since I mailed my transcript, it finally shows up as being received on 6/15.

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
How many volunteering and shadowing hours do you guys consider "solid"?

Obviously the more, the merrier. This is being discussed in another thread lol. In my opinion, paired with decent stats, 150 ish is a nice number. Some schools don't explicitly say that want a bunch of community service hours, but in reality they do. Hell, if you have really great stats, 100 is fine too. 4 years in college and if you couldn't do 100 hours, I think adcoms would be meh.

Obviously the more, the merrier. This is being discussed in another thread lol. In my opinion, paired with decent stats, 150 ish is a nice number. Some schools don't explicitly say that want a bunch of community service hours, but in reality they do. Hell, if you have really great stats, 100 is fine too. 4 years in college and if you couldn't do 100 hours, I think adcoms would be meh.
I have ~170 shadowing and 412 of volunteering. And actually 3 years in college :p

Great. You're all set.

I have paid the fee for all the schools however under the menu of Payments, it says "not mailed". What does that exactly mean? I have received supplementals from some schools so I'm not sure what not mailed means?

Is the ADEA page about supplementals up to date? I don't want to wait for a school to contact me and I was supposed to go to them.

I have paid the fee for all the schools however under the menu of Payments, it says "not mailed". What does that exactly mean? I have received supplementals from some schools so I'm not sure what not mailed means?
Your GPA hasn't been verified yet so your application has not been looked at. If your GPA has been verified, it should changed to "mailed" by Friday.