Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you have room, yes. Not everything you do should revolve around dentistry. If you enjoyed playing basketball in a league, put it down.

Question, they mention in the manual dexterity portion to include playing instruments, etc. I played both the flute & piano but a few years back, should I mention this within this section? Or is it too long ago to be relevant

Question, they mention in the manual dexterity portion to include playing instruments, etc. I played both the flute & piano but a few years back, should I mention this within this section? Or is it too long ago to be relevant
If by a few years, you mean back in like 6th grade, then no. If you mean one or two years ago, then sure.

Members don't see this ad :)
Is it bad/late if I pay the supp fees two weeks from now?

QUESTION:

How do I list the papers that I was co-authors on the ADEA application?

I just e-summited my application. Do I need to wait for invitations from schools for supplemental application? When I looked on the ADA AADSAS supplemental information website, some schools like UoP and Western say to "pay the application fee online when you submit your ADEA AADSAS application". What should I do now?

I just e-summited my application. Do I need to wait for invitations from schools for supplemental application? When I looked on the ADA AADSAS supplemental information website, some schools like UoP and Western say to "pay the application fee online when you submit your ADEA AADSAS application". What should I do now?
Do what it says. If it says to pay it online when you submit, then do that. If it says to wait for the school to contact you, then do that.

Under the background info where it says "Have you previously, or are you currently applying to a health profession school other than dental school?"
I applied to UMKCs 6 year medical program (out of respect for my parents' wishes) while in high school. I did not get accepted and was not planning on going even if I did. Do I need to include this even though it was when I was in high school?
I don't think so

Members don't see this ad :)
Hello, if we did not waive or right to view an evaluation, then how do we view that on AADSAS?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile
You didn't waive yours? Wow. I would guess if you look at the whole PDF of your application, you would see them. Try clicking the binoculars next to school names under school designations after you submit. I'm not sure if that'll work though.

So I have transcripts from 3 different schools and got verified today. The top section is your cumulative GPA from all schools correct?

QUESTION:
Does research consider as volunteering when I do not receive payments? I do get credit of 1 unit for each semester, but 1 credit was there to help my professor receive funding for his research lab.

QUESTION:
Does research consider as volunteering when I do not receive payments? I do get credit of 1 unit for each semester, but 1 credit was there to help my professor receive funding for his research lab.
No. It counts as a course, not volunteering.

Reactions: 1 user
You didn't waive yours? Wow. I would guess if you look at the whole PDF of your application, you would see them. Try clicking the binoculars next to school names under school designations after you submit. I'm not sure if that'll work though.

Got it. I'll have to have the recommender redo the evaluation since I selected the wrong option. Thanks!

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Also, how can we view our app as a pdf? I don't have any option by the school designations. I paid, submitted and I'm verified so is that normal?

Thanks! I am trying, I figure the earlier the better since I have a lower-end sGPA. I am a non-traditional student and it is my first time applying. SUPER NERVOUS! but SUPER EXCITED :D
You must be my twin. My DAT date is also really close to yours haha. Good luck fellow non-trad!

Does anyone know how long it takes for letters to show up on the AADSAS evaluation subsection once they have been submitted using the email link?

Also, how can we view our app as a pdf? I don't have any option by the school designations. I paid, submitted and I'm verified so is that normal?
Under "Application Checklist", click Dental School Designations. Then click the tiny blue binocular button under 'Application PDF'.

Reactions: 1 users
Does anyone know how long it takes for letters to show up on the AADSAS evaluation subsection once they have been submitted using the email link?

Within hour from the four submissions on my application.

So, my application just mailed out today for AADSAS (I forgot to add 2 additional evaluators- I asked two professors I was waiting on which one was going to send it first & forgot my dental evaluator) is there any way to change that?

Ouch, so you didn't add their emails before you e-submitted? I'm not sure, but I don't think there is a way to add additional letters to AADSAS after you submit. Possibly email each school and hope they take LOR's directly.

Last year, I'm almost positive you were able to add/remove letter writer emails, even after you submit, until the letter is uploaded.

What if I was paid, volunteered and received credit for a research experience (all at three separate times). Should I list each individually? Should I also list each Dean's List individually under awards?

Is a pre-dental day at a d-school considered an academic enrichment program?

Last edited:
What if I was paid, volunteered and received credit for a research experience (all at three separate times). Should I list each individually? Should I also list each Dean's List individually under awards?

Is a pre-dental day at a d-school considered an academic enrichment program?

If you were paid, it's not volunteer work. If you received credit, it's not volunteer work. Research w/ credit is okay.

Im not sure about dean's list. If you got it over and over again, I think it might be acceptable to just put dean's list and put the terms you were awarded?

I counted Pre-Dental days as enrichment programs since they all gave me further insight into dentistry as well as allowed me to do things I would be doing in Dental school.

Yeah, I just checked and saw you can still add evaluators. I submitted my application aswell. I just don't think you can remove them.

I don't have the option of adding evaluators anymore

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

If you were paid, it's not volunteer work. If you received credit, it's not volunteer work. Research w/ credit is okay.

Im not sure about dean's list. If you got it over and over again, I think it might be acceptable to just put dean's list and put the terms you were awarded?

I counted Pre-Dental days as enrichment programs since they all gave me further insight into dentistry as well as allowed me to do things I would be doing in Dental school.
I was paid for a portion of it (the summer), then the next semester I volunteered, then the next semester I took it for credit.

Although it also feels strange to not tell them I was paid, lol. Perhaps I'll break it up into two, one for paid and one for volunteer/credit.
Lol you're thinking too far into it. Just pick an option (not volunteer IMO. either paid or credit) and if anyone asks, which I doubt they will, you can explain

Although it also feels strange to not tell them I was paid, lol. Perhaps I'll break it up into two, one for paid and one for volunteer/credit.
If I were you I'd call AADSAS. They were super friendly with helping me figure out where to place odd achievements :)

You've only added two evaluator emails? Or only two of your letters has actually been uploaded, but you've added 4 emails?
Haha, no emails (might've been my mistake). I have 2 potential professor LORs for the third recommendation but one of them are going on vacay in July. I didn't know if she was going to finish in time, so I left it blank and use the other professor. Sigh. so much for submitting everything ASAP. lol.. my app mailed out a little too early.

If I were you I'd call AADSAS. They were super friendly with helping me figure out where to place odd achievements :)
I just might! Thanks!! =)

I read that you can submit the application before your evaluations have been sent, but why does the E-submit section ask "Before You E-Submit Your ADEA AADSAS Application, did you Send in all of the required documents such as your official transcript(s) for all colleges/universities and letters of evaluation?"

Hello, I have a question about planned courses. I already graduated, but I'm planning to take more classes to fulfill prerequisites for some of the dental schools. I'm planning to take these courses at an extension course and not at my primary university. Do I have to add the new extension university to the "colleges attended" section. Is there any other way for me to specify that I'm going to be taking these classes without having to add a new university to the application? Thank you in advance!

Hello, I have a question about planned courses. I already graduated, but I'm planning to take more classes to fulfill prerequisites for some of the dental schools. I'm planning to take these courses at an extension course and not at my primary university. Do I have to add the new extension university to the "colleges attended" section. Is there any other way for me to specify that I'm going to be taking these classes without having to add a new university to the application? Thank you in advance!
Can you explain what an extension course is? Nearly all schools want the pre-reqs taken at 4yr colleges.