Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I read that you can submit the application before your evaluations have been sent, but why does the E-submit section ask "Before You E-Submit Your ADEA AADSAS Application, did you Send in all of the required documents such as your official transcript(s) for all colleges/universities and letters of evaluation?"
The letters of recommendation do not have to have been uploaded by the recommender by the time you submit.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Hello, I have a question about planned courses. I already graduated, but I'm planning to take more classes to fulfill prerequisites for some of the dental schools. I'm planning to take these courses at an extension course and not at my primary university. Do I have to add the new extension university to the "colleges attended" section. Is there any other way for me to specify that I'm going to be taking these classes without having to add a new university to the application? Thank you in advance!
If you want to put those planned courses on your application, and they're at a university you've never attended, you'll have to add it. Otherwise, there's not really a way to specify.

Does your LOR have to be in before AADSAS will mail out your application?

Also how often do they send them out? Weekly?

Members don't see this ad :)
Are people able to see all the schools that they have applied to under "school decisions" or is it only for schools that give interviews?

Can you explain what an extension course is? Nearly all schools want the pre-reqs taken at 4yr colleges.

I'm not really sure how to explain it, but basically it's where people can pay to take courses for higher education. Try looking up UC Berkeley extension or UCLA extension. I have to take anatomy and physio since they are required by a few schools. I called a few of those dental schools and they told me taking extension courses to fulfill these prerequisites before matriculation (if i get in) would be fine.

Are people able to see all the schools that they have applied to under "school decisions" or is it only for schools that give interviews?
I dont see nothing. I supposed we will something after they get our paper copy.

The letters of recommendation do not have to have been uploaded by the recommender by the time you submit.

Do I need to add the contact information for the evaluator by the time I submit, or can I add it after the fact? I am ready to submit right now, but I am waiting for a letter of recommendation to be sent by one of my professors. However, my school uses a reference letter system (similar to interfolio) in lieu of a committee letter and the "packet" of letters counts as a committee letter. However, I'm not sure if the system will automatically send the letters when I submit my application or if they will wait for my last letter to be submitted.

Is it possible for the verification process to take less time if you are a re-applicant since there are a lower number of courses to verify?

Do I need to add the contact information for the evaluator by the time I submit, or can I add it after the fact? I am ready to submit right now, but I am waiting for a letter of recommendation to be sent by one of my professors. However, my school uses a reference letter system (similar to interfolio) in lieu of a committee letter and the "packet" of letters counts as a committee letter. However, I'm not sure if the system will automatically send the letters when I submit my application or if they will wait for my last letter to be submitted.
Last year, you could add an evaluator after e-submitting. I've seen conflicting things about this year though. Maybe someone who's tried to do that this year could answer better than I can. I don't want to give you wrong advice lol.

Is it possible for the verification process to take less time if you are a re-applicant since there are a lower number of courses to verify?
Probably not. If you have anything more to verify, you'll still have to get in line behind everyone else. If you're a reapplicant who hasn't taken more classes since last cycle, then maybe.

You can continue to add new evaluators and their email and contact info after you e-submit. I personally have done this with success.

Members don't see this ad :)
I read that you can submit the application before your evaluations have been sent, but why does the E-submit section ask "Before You E-Submit Your ADEA AADSAS Application, did you Send in all of the required documents such as your official transcript(s) for all colleges/universities and letters of evaluation?"

They just want to make sure you have everything in that you can. You will be able to edit your LOR section once your app is submitted so it is not a big deal. You will be able to add LOR's up to a total of 4 and change any evaluators that have not submitted a recommendation yet.

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile app

Reactions: 1 users
So since people have said that we can add being on the dean's list to awards section on the application, how are we supposed to list all of the years in one submission? So if I have beenon the dean's list from 2013 and onwards, how can I put that down? It only asks you for one year.

Also, I've been shadowing general dentists a lot for the past couple of months and I've observed them do the same type of procedures just over and over again. How specific do you think I should get when I describe the activities in the shadowing experience section of the application?

Last edited:
So since people have said that we can add being on the dean's list to awards section on the application, how are we supposed to list all of the years in one submission? So if I have beenon the dean's list from 2013 and onwards, how can I put that down? It only asks you for one year.
I put the first year I got it and in parentheses I put Multiple semesters. If you were on the dean's list every semester, you can put every semester instead of multiple semesters. I don't think it really matters how you put it. They'll know anyway by your GPA

I put the first year I got it and in parentheses I put Multiple semesters. If you were on the dean's list every semester, you can put every semester instead of multiple semesters. I don't think it really matters how you put it. They'll know anyway by your GPA

So did you put it in parentheses after in the name of the award? So I put Dean's List (2013 - Onwards)..is that right?

how do you check the status of your application to see whether it is Received/Under Review or Received/Waiting Additional Information? when I click on Schools decisions, I get this message "There is no decision information available."

Also, I've been shadowing general dentists a lot for the past couple of months and I've observed them do the same type of procedures just over and over again. How specific do you think I should get when I describe the activities in the shadowing experience section of the application?
Not that specific. If you say you shadowed general dentists, an admissions committee will probably know what that entails

how do you check the status of your application to see whether it is Received/Under Review or Received/Waiting Additional Information? when I click on Schools decisions, I get this message "There is no decision information available."
Each school updates that section on its own. It means the schools haven't updated it yet. Don't worry about that at all

so i have a question about my research. i did a volunteer and a for credit position. i worked in the lab as a lab tech as well and put that under my work experiences. I also won a grant to do summer research which i put under awards. should that technically be a paid position? now i'm worried i look like i'm lying :sorry:

I just got an email from one of my school saying my application has been received, but it hasn't been mailed yet...what's up with that?

Also at what point should I be worried if my DAT scores haven't showed up on AADSAS?

Even though my GPA was verified and everything else is complete, my AADSAS status is still "Not Mailed" as of today. So I am supposed I have to wait until it is "mailed" in order to start hearing from schools? Are "batches" still a thing this year? If so, then was the first batch mailed out on Fri, 6/24?

so i have a question about my research. i did a volunteer and a for credit position. i worked in the lab as a lab tech as well and put that under my work experiences. I also won a grant to do summer research which i put under awards. should that technically be a paid position? now i'm worried i look like i'm lying :sorry:
No. I'd say it's more appropriate in awards because it's a lump sum payment. Paid work experience, in my opinion, is something were you were paid by the hour or a salary

I just got an email from one of my school saying my application has been received, but it hasn't been mailed yet...what's up with that?

Also at what point should I be worried if my DAT scores haven't showed up on AADSAS?
It's automatic.
Maybe 2 months. It just takes a few weeks. Don't worry. If you entered your Dentpin correctly, it'll show up.

Even though my GPA was verified and everything else is complete, my AADSAS status is still "Not Mailed" as of today. So I am supposed I have to wait until it is "mailed" in order to start hearing from schools? Are "batches" still a thing this year? If so, then was the first batch mailed out on Fri, 6/24?
Yes, technically. You'll hear from schools when you hear from schools. Calm down. You're way earlier than 95% of applicants. You haven't missed anything

Reactions: 1 users
Can the evaluators make changes to the letter that they submitted after they submitted it?

Does anyone know how long it takes for AADAAS to "re-verify" a GPA as they found an error in my coursework (credit hours as a Canadian was all wrong). They sent it back to me today.

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using SDN mobile

Does anyone know how long it takes for AADAAS to "re-verify" a GPA as they found an error in my coursework (credit hours as a Canadian was all wrong). They sent it back to me today.

Not exactly the same situation, but they classified one of my courses in the wrong section (non-science when it should have been biology). I emailed them and it took them 2 or 3 days to correct it.

Probably no more than a day or two. They put you in the front of the verification line.

In my awards section I added a bunch of scholarships I received and an award I received from my job. I was on the Dean's list, but I felt like those other accomplishments may have been better. Any opinions on that?

Anyone know what happens if you found an error in the coursework section when your gpa was verified if your app was mailed out already? Like, one of my classes appears to have been labeled Other-Science, but it really was supposed to be a Non-science class even though it's in the astronomy department. I had originally put it as Non-science, but AADSAS labeled it as as Other-Science. My GPA was verified like on the 13th and mailed out on 24th, and I only caught it now because it's such a hard thing to notice when they got everything else correct. How will this impact schools who've already received my app and even completed supplemental for? Will it put my app. on hold or some crap?

Not exactly the same situation, but they classified one of my courses in the wrong section (non-science when it should have been biology). I emailed them and it took them 2 or 3 days to correct it.

Was your app. mailed out already when you found the error?

Last edited:
In my awards section I added a bunch of scholarships I received and an award I received from my job. I was on the Dean's list, but I felt like those other accomplishments may have been better. Any opinions on that?
Dean's list is the last thing you should put if you have better awards. It's based solely on GPA, and schools will already be able to see your GPA. Put you other awards first. They're better

Anyone know what happens if you found an error in the coursework section when your gpa was verified if your app was mailed out already? Like, one of my classes appears to have been labeled Other-Science, but it really was supposed to be a Non-science class even though it's in the astronomy department. I had originally put it as Non-science, but AADSAS labeled it as as Other-Science. My GPA was verified like on the 13th and mailed out on 24th, and I only caught it now because it's such a hard thing to notice when they got everything else correct. How will this impact schools who've already received my app and even completed supplemental for? Will it put my app. on hold or some crap?

Was your app. mailed out already when you found the error?
I don't think they can fix it if it's already mailed. If AADSAS changed it to non-science, though, I don't think it's mistake. It probably won't affect you much anyway.

I don't think they can fix it if it's already mailed. If AADSAS changed it to non-science, though, I don't think it's mistake. It probably won't affect you much anyway.
Well, my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet, and they said they would re-mail it out once that's in. Also, they changed it from non-sci to other-science originally for some reason.

Well, my committee letter hasn't been uploaded yet, and they said they would re-mail it out once that's in. Also, they changed it from non-sci to other-science originally for some reason.
I see. Even if you're letter is in, I don't think they can fix that. If it'll give you peace of mind, you may as well call and ask

The letter of recommendation that was uploaded from the dentist I shadowed had a few typos and he spelled my name wrong a couple of times (he sent me a copy as well). Since I already submitted my app, he can't make changes to it so I don't know what to do. Should I be worried?

The letter of recommendation that was uploaded from the dentist I shadowed had a few typos and he spelled my name wrong a couple of times (he sent me a copy as well). Since I already submitted my app, he can't make changes to it so I don't know what to do. Should I be worried?
Call AADSAS and see if there's a way for him to re-upload his letter with corrections. If your GPA hasn't been verified, then your app hasn't been mailed, and it may be possible. If not, there's nothing you really can do.

Call AADSAS and see if there's a way for him to re-upload his letter with corrections. If your GPA hasn't been verified, then your app hasn't been mailed, and it may be possible. If not, there's nothing you really can do.
Yeah I already called and asked but my app has already been mailed out. Do you think this will affect me in any type of way? I mean its kinda on him for making mistakes, but I guess it looks bad on me a little.

Yeah I already called and asked but my app has already been mailed out. Do you think this will affect me in any type of way? I mean its kinda on him for making mistakes, but I guess it looks bad on me a little.
Not sure. Obviously, it'd be better if your name was spelled correctly, but it probably won't have that bad of an effect on you unless it's the wrong name entirely. If it's like a Sarah vs. Sara thing, I don't think anyone will even notice. Typos, they probably won't mind anyway. If anything, it shows you definitely waived your right to see it lol. Anyway, there's nothing you can do now, but I really wouldn't worry.

Okay, Im really confused. For updates about what documents may be potentially missing, do we look at the AADSAS page or a specific portal made for us on the schools website that we applied to or both? I know schools may want certain things or may not email you but its up to the person to check the status for each school and what may be needed, so I wasnt sure where we would go or if there will always be an email sent to us?.
Probably depends on which documents you think you're missing (transcripts, certain LORs, something else). A school will probably let you know if something's missing when they try to review your app, but don't count on it 100% just in case. Try and double check you're not missing anything. Not sure if that even answers your question lol

Lol, if they do not email me, will AADSAS's page inform me? Is it common to look on the portal on the schools website or just AADSAS, I am just not sure where to navigate to find out..
If you're missing something like a transcript, AADSAS will likely email you when they get to your turn to verify. Anything like a LOR or something, the AADSAS status page won't help much, unless the school decides to update it to say "Application Complete." If you're missing a requirement, the school likely will email you and ask for it, but you never know, so just try to make sure you have everything. Double check the school's website to see what they require.