Ask your random questions about AADSAS here!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hi,

I have a question about the coursework. I took some English course before taking the academic course. I took my English classes in my university. These classes already had letter grade and reported on my transcript; however, my transcript made a note of these classes "Grading Basis: No University Credit Granted." How do I report these classes on coursework?

Many thanks,

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone know where I can find the supplemental questions for each school, I tried searching for them but only a few schools come up?

Members don't see this ad :)
QUESTION:
What is the chance that the committees will read my disadvantage essay? Reason is I would like to focus more on why I decide to become a dentist and the qualifications that I have on my personal statement, and focus little to none of my disadvantage background.

I meant more like people that already got the email from last year or so. I want to start on the essays before they email them to me.
Lol not everywhere even has essays. The only one I know that's killer is Minnesota. UNC was a little long too. Most just say "Why our school" if anything. Just be patient.

Reactions: 1 user
QUESTION:
What is the chance that the committees will read my disadvantage essay? Reason is I would like to focus more on why I decide to become a dentist and the qualifications that I have on my personal statement, and focus little to none of my disadvantage background.
I'd assume they will read it if it's there.

The only status under school designations is the mailing status for each school. And it shows nothing under school decisions. If it says "mailed" does that mean "complete" ? I'm assuming it will say that once aadsas has calculated my gpa and posted it under "gpa"?
Oh that's what you're wondering? Listen, once you've submitted, there's not much else you can do besides secondaries to some places. For all intents and purposes, I am deeming you "complete". Stop worrying

In the disadvantaged section, when it asks about how you paid for college, there is a an option that reads "financial need based scholarship". Is a grant considered to be a financial need based scholarship?

In the disadvantaged section, when it asks about how you paid for college, there is a an option that reads "financial need based scholarship". Is a grant considered to be a financial need based scholarship?
Was the grant given to you based on your financial need?

Members don't see this ad :)
Buffalo just emailed me saying my application has been received...but according to AADSAS they haven't mailed anything yet? My gpa has not been processed.

They are asking me for my LORs(which I haven't uploaded).

I earned the highest grade in a course (professor only gives out one A+ out of the entire class)

could I classify this as an award? I am not even sure what to name it and what the sponsoring organization would be

Buffalo just emailed me saying my application has been received...but according to AADSAS they haven't mailed anything yet? My gpa has not been processed.

If you submitted and paid, they were notified.

I earned the highest grade in a course (professor only gives out one A+ out of the entire class)

could I classify this as an award? I am not even sure what to name it and what the sponsoring organization would be
No

Reactions: 1 users
can I add the evaluator after submitting the app? My evaluator hasn't submitted the letter the interfolio yet so I don't have the email address.

Where can I go to look at my one page coversheet? Is it after I e submit?

Not relevant to AADSAS but I would appreciate it if someone could answer. For the supplemental question Please list (no explanation, just a list) the undergraduate schools you have attended am I supposed to include a community college that I only took summer classes at one summer? I don't know if that will be considered "attending" it since I just took 2 classes there.

can you add more schools after you e-sumbit the aadsas?

Not relevant to AADSAS but I would appreciate it if someone could answer. For the supplemental question Please list (no explanation, just a list) the undergraduate schools you have attended am I supposed to include a community college that I only took summer classes at one summer? I don't know if that will be considered "attending" it since I just took 2 classes there.
If the classes appear on your transcript you need to add the school

If the classes appear on your transcript you need to add the school
I am taking the classes this summer so they don't appear on any transcript yet. They will later on though. So, would you recommend still adding it?

How do I see the official DAT scores? It just says date taken and received under the official score tab. Also would anyone explain where I can see my coversheet?

How do I see the official DAT scores? It just says date taken and received under the official score tab. Also would anyone explain where I can see my coversheet?

To view coversheet: "Dental School Designations" under application checklist. After you e-submit, there will be binocular icons under "Application PDF" which you use to see the coversheet AND your official DAT scores.

AADSAS says nothing has been mailed to schools I designated yet, but UCONN just emailed me to make an online payment. Can schools see your application before AADSAS mail out yours?

AADSAS says nothing has been mailed to schools I designated yet, but UCONN just emailed me to make an online payment. Can schools see your application before AADSAS mail out yours?
This has been answered over and over. Apparently they can this year.

Reactions: 2 users

I think they get notification but not the entire application. Also I paid uconn before they emailed me.

This is odd but on my academic audit they put my Orgo 2 and biochem classes (both have CHM prefix) into my biology section.

Does that matter?

This is odd but on my academic audit they put my Orgo 2 and biochem classes (both have CHM prefix) into my biology section.

Does that matter?
Probably not. BCP gpa won't be altered.

I am just about to submit my application but I need a few more clarifications. Can someone help?
  1. What section did you put programs like the Gateway to Dentistry Program at Rutgers and the Stony Brook Discover Dental School Summer Program? Academic Enrichment or Dentistry Related?
  2. Can I put "N/A" as the supervisor name if I went to a dental info session info hosted by my classmates?
  3. What did you do if you couldn’t fit the name of a program? Did you abbreviate and write out the name in the brief description?
  4. Did you list what you did or did you make it personal i.e. write what you got out of it?
  5. I went to school on a full ride by using a couple of merit based scholarships. These were awarded during the summer before my first semester. Should I include these or are they “high school awards”?
  6. "Were you able to contribute to the overall family income (as opposed to working primarily for your own discretionary spending money)?"
    1. I answered “yes” because a good portion of my income went to family expenses. Did I answer this question correctly? The phrasing is confusing me for some reason.

I am just about to submit my application but I need a few more clarifications. Can someone help?
  1. What section did you put programs like the Gateway to Dentistry Program at Rutgers and the Stony Brook Discover Dental School Summer Program? Academic Enrichment or Dentistry Related?
  2. Can I put "N/A" as the supervisor name if I went to a dental info session info hosted by my classmates?
  3. What did you do if you couldn’t fit the name of a program? Did you abbreviate and write out the name in the brief description?
  4. Did you list what you did or did you make it personal i.e. write what you got out of it?
  5. I went to school on a full ride by using a couple of merit based scholarships. These were awarded during the summer before my first semester. Should I include these or are they “high school awards”?
  6. "Were you able to contribute to the overall family income (as opposed to working primarily for your own discretionary spending money)?"
    1. I answered “yes” because a good portion of my income went to family expenses. Did I answer this question correctly? The phrasing is confusing me for some reason.
1. Academic enrichment
2. Sure? I'm not certain I'd include something hosted by classmates though. Up to you.
3. Can't help with this one
4. For the activities section you just need a brief description of any activity (sanitized instruments, assisted with clerical duties, etc)
5. I wouldn't include them
6. Yes

For planned courses, do we only put courses for the fall semester? or both fall and spring semesters? This was probably asked before so I apologize lol

What did everybody do for the headshot photo that some schools request during the secondary? I'm assuming a photo taken with an iphone or something is okay, as long as it's professional looking? Or do people actually go get photos from an expert?

What did everybody do for the headshot photo that some schools request during the secondary? I'm assuming a photo taken with an iphone or something is okay, as long as it's professional looking? Or do people actually go get photos from an expert?
Go to a pharmacy and get a 2x2 passport photo

Seriously? Are you implying that a photo taken with the iphone isn't gonna fly?
Yes, that's exactly what I'm implying. You're applying for a doctorate program. Fit the part.

Reactions: 1 users