ATSU/KCOM (Kirksville) Interview Discussion thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hmm so it leaves no time for mailing in a deposit then if I dont get accepted... I'm wondering about even going to this interview

Members don't see this ad.

Hmm so it leaves no time for mailing in a deposit then if I dont get accepted... I'm wondering about even going to this interview

You could always overnight it.

The contract say postmarked by the 14th and there is also an online payment option. I dont' know about the other school you were accepted to, but this is what KCOM offers.

Members don't see this ad :)
The school is badass. You would be doing yourself a disservice by not going to the interview.

I have weighed my options. I'm going to look at a few more things, but I'm really leaning to GA-PCOM. Nothing against KCOM, but I think that, given my goals, I will be able to create better opportunities for myself at GA-PCOM.

I am interested in trauma surgery. I'll admit that I haven't locked in on this by a longshot, but it is a strong interest of mine. In the event that I do go that route, there are several busy trauma centers in the Atlanta area where I can volunteer at and rotate through to make connections and get some good experience. In the end, this may be too much to turn down.

While there are things I love about all these schools, close proximity to major trauma centers is something that KCOM, Bradenton, and Erie (my other interviews) cannot offer.

I reserve the right to change my mind though, because KCOM is badass and they have a lot going for them. And I loved the people there too.

I am in!!!!! Just got a call. I loved the school!!!!

I just got a call too.....I'M IN :thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm in disbelief.

Congrats guyz!!!:D

WAHHHH! I just found out that I didn't get in. I also interviewed at DMU the next day and so I am crossing my fingers for that one or one of my other irons in the fire. One of my interviews at KCOM went great and the other... not so much.

WAHHHH! I just found out that I didn't get in. I also interviewed at DMU the next day and so I am crossing my fingers for that one or one of my other irons in the fire. One of my interviews at KCOM went great and the other... not so much.

Sorry to hear that Archer, but good luck.

Members don't see this ad :)
Sent in my "thank you for accepting me fee", (aka my deposit), this weekend!! :clap: :hardy:

Did you pay by credit card or mailed it?

BTW you go to MSU, congrats on being accepted, have you tried at MSUCOM also. KCOM IMO had much much nicer facilities then MSUCOM, I don't even know if MSU has patient simulators yet (I wasn't shown any on my interview)

Did you pay by credit card or mailed it?

BTW you go to MSU, congrats on being accepted, have you tried at MSUCOM also. KCOM IMO had much much nicer facilities then MSUCOM, I don't even know if MSU has patient simulators yet (I wasn't shown any on my interview)

I did it with a credit card, it seemed quicker and more secure. I did apply to MSUCOM, but haven't heard anything back yet, so I'm not thinking I got in. I loved KCOM, and can't wait to be there! :)

I paid it with a credit card too.
Should we be getting an email or something saying that the school got the deposit, or are we just getting that receipt that showed up after paying?

I paid it with a credit card too.
Should we be getting an email or something saying that the school got the deposit, or are we just getting that receipt that showed up after paying?

not sure. Any idea when we get access to the ATSU website?

Is anyone else going to be interviewing on Monday?? Also, does anyone know how long it takes the adcom to make a decision after an interview? This is my first interview and I am so excited!!:luck:

If you notice, the KCOM discussion page hasn't had any questions on it for a week or two now. I guess you could say we just aren't as social as the other groups (or just busy).

Regarding your question, the ADCOM meets every Wed from what I understand. So I interviewed on a Friday and recieved a call the following WED regarding my acceptance. They don't mess around. Good Luck

If you notice, the KCOM discussion page hasn't had any questions on it for a week or two now. I guess you could say we just aren't as social as the other groups (or just busy).

Regarding your question, the ADCOM meets every Wed from what I understand. So I interviewed on a Friday and recieved a call the following WED regarding my acceptance. They don't mess around. Good Luck

Thanks for your response! That's good news about the adcom. If that's true I may only have to wait 2 days. Is KCOM your top choice as of now or LMU?

Nm, judging by your signature, I assume you are leaning towards KCOM. :D

Nm, judging by your signature, I assume you are leaning towards KCOM. :D

KCOM was and still is my top choice of schools. So when I was accepted it was a no brainer. I'll be there in the fall. Good luck with your interview. KCOM is a great school. You'll love it.

KCOM was and still is my top choice of schools. So when I was accepted it was a no brainer. I'll be there in the fall. Good luck with your interview. KCOM is a great school. You'll love it.
They told me they would interview three groups of people in a week since January. I wonder how many people they take among the people being interviewed on the day?

They told me they would interview three groups of people in a week since January. I wonder how many people they take among the people being interviewed on the day?

If you look at the KCOM disscussion page I believe there was a post that talks about the number accepted. I'll bump it for you.

Is A.T. Still slow at looking at applications? I got an email on December 18th saying that they had received my secondary application (2 weeks after I sent it) and that they would be reviewing it and sending me an email. I'm not to worried since the holidays probably slowed everything down, but I do wonder how long it should take or how long to wait until I contact them. I've gone on line at it says that the following.
Secondary Application:
Received on 12/18/2007
Evaluation I:
Received on 12/6/2007
Evaluation II:
Received on 12/7/2007
Date Most Recent MCAT Taken:
Received on 11/27/2007
Payment:
Received on 12/18/2007

They took about 2 seconds to invite me for an interview, but that was a lot earlier. They are probably much busier now, plus the holidays. I wouldn't worry too much just yet.

They took almost two months to finally send me a hold letter. :thumbdown:

YES! I just got my interview invite. I'm so completely happy! I would pass up all the other interviewing schools I have so far for KCOM, no doubt.

I also have interviews at Western, LMU-DCOM, and LECOM Bradenton.

I just have to decide when to schedule my interview for...

They were closed until yesterday for Christmas break. So I wouldn't worry about it too much.

Wow you guys I just got an interview invite. Looks like I jumped the shark on that one.

Congrats!!!!!!! Be yourself and be honest and you'll do great!!:thumbup::thumbup:

I hope you love it as much as I do!:love:

bump...

Just wondering what Y'all been doing, its coming to almost 2 months since I was accepted at KCOM. I just started a new job, doing payroll in an Accounting firm...LOL not medically related, but its some good money. I also got a card in the mail from one of my interviewers congratulating me about being accepted. Should I send him a thank you card back? or just email him again.

bump...

Just wondering what Y'all been doing, its coming to almost 2 months since I was accepted at KCOM. I just started a new job, doing payroll in an Accounting firm...LOL not medically related, but its some good money. I also got a card in the mail from one of my interviewers congratulating me about being accepted. Should I send him a thank you card back? or just email him again.

Wow, a congrats card from an interviewer!!:thumbup: I'm just volunteering at the hospital and looking for a job. I would probably send a thank you card, but that's just me.

I'll be starting a job soon- nothing medically related at all, but it's cash. I'll do that for a few months before visiting some friends at college for a couple weeks since that will be my last time to get up there. I want to move to Kirksville in the early summer if at all possible.

I got cards in the mail from my interviewers as well.

Only seven more months!

Howdy Ya'll! What were the interviews like? I'm flying in on the 14th. How's the town?