BATTLE OF THE BANDS WW Game Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I could veto one lynch, and the mods had a standing contingency to use it on me if I went up for the lynch and wasn't around. I didn't tell you guys beforehand because I've played enough WW to know that if you have a lynch veto, you're going to definitely get lynched and I was trying to save it until the end game. I was well on my way to bed when the tally was posted and I thought ksmi was going to be lynched.

Here is where jj said she could veto one lynch...but now she's saying if we lynch her again, yet again no one will die...hmm

Members don't see this ad :)
***lynch jj***

Lying about the lynch is never a good idea as a villager, so I'm doubting she is one. I don't see there being two different chaos/third parties, otherwise I would totally buy into a judge being chaos. Targeting her tonight would be good idea I think, kill wise.

Meh, need to get back to studying but for me there are too many inconsistencies and weird things that have gone unexplained in jj's story so I think I will lynch jj

Here is where jj said she could veto one lynch...but now she's saying if we lynch her again, yet again no one will die...hmm

I was trying not to give *everything* away. You guys should focus on finding the last original wolf, at least. You will not find it here and you've wasted another lynch, giving the wolf or wolves another night to kill. Nice job.

Sorry, jj, but you're just playing too fast 'n loose with the details. And I find it odd that you were able to duck the lynch AND, apparently, a night-time attack (I tried to off JJ last night with "Another One Bites The Dust" and failed). Specifically, I was told that jj survived my elimination attempt. Dunno. Maybe the song would only have worked on another band, and not "the judge".

But if that's the case, at best JJ is neutral. Next option is chaos. Worst option is wolf. But JJ claims to be villager, which I'm not buying. I just find it a stretch to think that kaydubs gave a villager the ability to duck a lynch AND avoid a nighttime kill. Which means that I think JJ is lying to us. Which means she ought to be killed (if we could, anyway) because she's pretty obviously not leveling with us and isn't pro-villager.

Anyway. Regarding my role, I role-revealed eons ago once it became clear the wolves knew my identity: I am Queen.

I still think one of the fans is a wolf, I just have no clue which one: lynch escalla

In an attempt to move this dead game along, the bands form another somewhat united front. Eliminate jj, the BOTB judge. With a yawn, she waves them off. "You are so predictable. Keep wasting your time, fools." No one has died.

It is now Night 11. 8 *STILL* remain. deadline: 11am EST
or sooner

Current Roster: (In an attempt to make it easier on my counting abilities)

East Stage
11. @Chillbo Baggins
4. @allieh8607

West Stage
18. @jjohnston

Center Stage
22. @LetItSnow : IWannaRock \m/ \m/
23. @DVMDream

Mosh Pit
26. @ksmi117
29. @Cyndia
30. @Escalla

@Cyndia decides to follow @ksmi117 after she tried to watch Queen's set (due to an amp malfunction, LIS never performed). She follows her outside the venue and sees someone attack ksmi. Before she can run, someone else knocks her out. Both Cyndia - fan #4 & ksmi - fan #1 (with their new abilities) have been eliminated from BOTB.

6 bands.
Let's make this a quick round of a lynch. READY, STEADY, GO!!!!
Current Roster: (In an attempt to make it easier on my counting abilities)

East Stage
11. @Chillbo Baggins
4. @allieh8607

West Stage
18. @jjohnston

Center Stage
22. @LetItSnow : IWannaRock \m/ \m/
23. @DVMDream

Mosh Pit
26. ksmi117
29. Cyndia
30. @Escalla

Members don't see this ad :)
Ok, so I'm thinking jj is some chaos character who can't be killed and maybe hedgie was a lone wolf. In that case, we should only have a convert left. It could be anyone, but I'm thinking it's our last fan.

Lynch Escalla

Ok, so I'm thinking jj is some chaos character who can't be killed and maybe hedgie was a lone wolf. In that case, we should only have a convert left. It could be anyone, but I'm thinking it's our last fan.

Lynch Escalla

Nope. Try again.

Alrighty. So the fans received updated roles on N10. Mine was to check into what song a band played and its action on odd nights.

DVMD played "The Day That never Comes" that would allow her to skip the entire day. I can't think of a reason why a villager would want to skip the day cycle, so I think it's rather telling.

***lynch DVMD***

The entire convo for reference:

K: Role update: you may now inquire about a band's last song played with accompanying action revealed every odd night.
E: N11: DVMD please.
K: noted
E: I can haz creeper results?
K: My bad. DVMD played "The Day That never Comes" that would allow her to skip the entire day. I over-rode her usage of the song.

Alrighty. So the fans received updated roles on N10. Mine was to check into what song a band played and its action on odd nights.

DVMD played "The Day That never Comes" that would allow her to skip the entire day. I can't think of a reason why a villager would want to skip the day cycle, so I think it's rather telling.

***lynch DVMD***

A few things:

1. Nobody knows what their songs actually do. It is a crap shoot.

2. I played the song to jj, we have to choose another player to play the song to.

3. I was thinking "the day that never comes" as a way to kill jj. If I played it to her, she wouldn't see the next day.

Not a wolf and I've been trying to think about the songs and guess what they might do to benefit the villagers. I had and still have no way of knowing what my songs will do.

A few things:

1. Nobody knows what their songs actually do. It is a crap shoot.

2. I played the song to jj, we have to choose another player to play the song to.

3. I was thinking "the day that never comes" as a way to kill jj. If I played it to her, she wouldn't see the next day.

Not a wolf and I've been trying to think about the songs and guess what they might do to benefit the villagers. I had and still have no way of knowing what my songs will do.

That sounds reasonable. I'm going to think on it some more.

I'm halfway to lynching Chillbo as well.

Also, there is a massive internet outage in my area. I'm without internet for at least 6 hours. So posting from phone, so posting might take longer for me.

Do whatever guys. I'm a villager and you'll still be in this pickle tomorrow.

Given that we're supposed to be looking for a convert, supposedly, I think we can agree a useful, outed band is more likely.

So have at it. I posted the only info I've had all game.

Your lack of discussion is bothersome.

I don't really know what to do, to be honest. I have a line of suspicion on everyone. I don't get wolfy vibes from LIS, but I could be wrong. I don't know. He seems to be being rather up front and honest, but maybe he is pulling my leg. I don't know about chillbo or allie. I honestly don't think jj is chaos, I think she is alpha wolf, what we have to do to get rid of her, I am not sure.

Those are my thoughts. Just not sure who is best to lynch. :shrug:

And ***unlynch Chillbo, lynch dvmd***

I just can't shake something. You only don't have much to say on anyone when you're converted. So while your explanation makes sense, that's my best guess. If it takes being lynched for people to think about other bands then so be it.

And ***unlynch Chillbo, lynch dvmd***

I just can't shake something. You only don't have much to say on anyone when you're converted. So while your explanation makes sense, that's my best guess. If it takes being lynched for people to think about other bands then so be it.

:shrug:

If you feel that way. I just don't know what to think. You said my lack of talking was bothersome so I said what I was thinking. Which is what I am thinking anytime it is closer to end game... I don't know. That is just the honest truth.

You can look back and see that my voting history is rather solid and I did lead the lynch on vetash. But, you are going to do what you are going to do.

My reason for voting for you is because you came out blazing about me using the song I did when it has been made very clear before that no one has known what their songs do prior to using them.

I am fine with discussing other bands, but you yourself are not even discussing other bands. Only me and then you have lynched Chillbo. That isn't a discussion either. So you are guilty of what you are accusing me of.

I was the first on vetash if you want to look back. Much prior to that doesn't mean much as we're not discussing original.

I haven't been the most active or paying the most attention, so no, I didn't realize those things about the songs. I almost didn't play, but decided to wean off instead of cold turkey. Figured my results meant something and posted accordingly, I don't come out with guns blazing as a wolf. Ever.

Chillbo and Allie were both cleared through death, but I think the conversion happened before Allie was rezzed given they were pretty low on wolves. LIS hasn't been sketchy to me, who knows with JJ, I'm undecided on that and don't know what to do about it.

So that leaves you and Chillbo. Hence my investigation of you and waffle between the two of you.

Now, I really have to go to work. So do whatever.

I was the first on vetash if you want to look back. Much prior to that doesn't mean much as we're not discussing original.

I haven't been the most active or paying the most attention, so no, I didn't realize those things about the songs. I almost didn't play, but decided to wean off instead of cold turkey. Figured my results meant something and posted accordingly, I don't come out with guns blazing as a wolf. Ever.

Chillbo and Allie were both cleared through death, but I think the conversion happened before Allie was rezzed given they were pretty low on wolves. LIS hasn't been sketchy to me, who knows with JJ, I'm undecided on that and don't know what to do about it.

So that leaves you and Chillbo. Hence my investigation of you and waffle between the two of you.

Now, I really have to go to work. So do whatever.

I was pushing for vetash most of that lynch. Questioning her, asking her roll, asking for what songs she had, what they did, the results, etc. Then I was discussing it with people behind the scenes in PM. So I was definitely on the vetash lynch and asking the questions/leading the discussion that eventually got others to lynch her too.

I don't know what else to tell you, other than I am not the wolf you are looking for.

I'll admit I haven't been paying very close attention so forgive me if this has been pointed out... Are we still looking for an original and a convert? Or just the convert at this point?

I do find it odd that Escalla came on seemingly confident she had found something with DVMD's song use where it's been pretty apparent throughout the game that we don't know what our songs can do, although sometimes we may be able to infer. I buy DVMD's reasoning for using the song that she did and the fact that she started as Metallica makes me think she isn't who we're looking for if we're still looking for an original. All bets are off as far as converts tho :/

I'll admit I haven't been paying very close attention so forgive me if this has been pointed out... Are we still looking for an original and a convert? Or just the convert at this point?

Honestly not sure. I think we have a convert around. Maybe jj is an alpha wolf and that is why she can't be lynched? Until the other wolves have been found? So, probably need to find the convert, if that is the case. That is one possibility. I am sure there are many other possibilities as well.

Honestly not sure. I think we have a convert around. Maybe jj is an alpha wolf and that is why she can't be lynched? Until the other wolves have been found? So, probably need to find the convert, if that is the case. That is one possibility. I am sure there are many other possibilities as well.
Yeah jj still doesn't sit well with me...being able to avoid two lynches and a wolf attack, either a super strong villager (which I don't see the judge being), chaos, or an alpha wolf probably. But I don't think it's wise to use up any more efforts on her at this moment.

I need to get back to studying so I'm gonna go with my gut and lynch Escalla

@kaydubs you can close whenever unless you're waiting for LIS.

I'd post a villager brag, but seeing as I'd have to sneak into the bathroom at work, it won't be possible. One day maybe.

With grins, the participants in BOTB gather around @jjohnston - the BOTB Judge. They had made it to the winner's circle of the competition. "Awaiting results? I'm chaos, I'm out to survive. I'm keeping the prize money and glory for myself." With growls rising in their throats, @Chillbo Baggins - Atmosphere, wolf convert and @allieh8607 - AC/DC, wolf convert, tackle her to the ground and drag her screaming from the room with promises to shred her apart molecule by molecule. @LetItSnow - QUEEN turns to DVMD. "Guess you and I win. Want to split the prize before those 2 get back?" DVMD smiles toothily at LIS. "Old man, there's only one winner here." Behind her back, she pulls her electric guitar which has been grinded down to an axe shaped edge. "You lose." @DVMDream - Metallica, lone wolf convert, buries her weapon into his neck. See if he can survive THAT.

Wolves win.
North Stage
1. @Frozenshades - Foo Fighters
2. @StartingoverVet - Aerosmith
3. @MrsSOV
- Taylor Swift
4. @allieh8607 - AC/DC
5. @[COLOR=#ff0000]Ph[/COLOR][COLOR=#ffffff]illi[/COLOR][COLOR=#0000ff]ab[/COLOR]- Toby Keith

South Stage
6. @Mad Jack - Led Zeppelin
7. @WildZoo - Linkin Park
8. @WillowLeaf - Muse
9. @VetAshley2117 -
Ke$ha
10. @touchpause13- Blink - 182

East Stage
11. @Chillbo Baggins - Atmosphere
12. @Romoret - Red Hot Chili Peppers
13. @Ashgirl -
Black Eyed Peas
14. @UFprevet12 - Maroon 5
15. @Cracker.Jack. - KISS

West Stage
16. @Gwenevre - Mumford and Sons
17. @hedgiehog -
JBeibs
18. @jjohnston - BOTB Judge
19. @brightimpressio - Beastie Boys
20. @ResoluteMike - Police

Center Stage
21. @dyachei - Pink Floyd
22. @LetItSnow : IWannaRock \m/ \m/ - QUEEN
23. @DVMDream - Meta
llica
24. @devyn - Britney Spears
25. @Flim Flam Man - Fun.

Mosh Pit
26. @ksmi117 - Fan #1
27. @lhmhtd - Fan #2
28. @swingnsave - Fan #3
29. @Cyndia - Fan #4
30. @Escalla - Fan #5
31. @SummerTheLynx - Fan #6

Darn wolves! When did chillbo convert??

Nice game Kaydubs! I enjoyed playing. :)

Reactions: 1 user