Campbell University (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2015 - 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
If you don't mind my asking, I did the same, I uploaded my letters to aacomas and I guess I am like really late in the application process but for the secondary do I need to send the letters again to the designated school or will these letters count toward my secondary? I am just confused.

Your AACOMAS letters are the letters they will see.

Members don't see this ad.

Just cancelled my interview for the 30th of this month if anyone is interested, best of luck to you all!

Anyone interviewing on 12/8 and wanna share a ride? I'm flying into RDU and staying at the Microtel on 12/7.

Members don't see this ad :)
Congrats to all of those recently accepted!!! Make sure to join our Facebook group (CUSOM class of 2020)

Reactions: 1 users
II today! Email for received supplemental on 10/27.

When you were contacted to schedule your interview date was it via email or phone call?

I haven't received an email to schedule yet. In the interview invite email it said to look out for something in the "near future". So i'm thinking they'll send out an email with dates in a day ir two.

They email you the interview invite and then follow up with a scheduling phone call some time later.

Reactions: 1 user
How long did it take people to hear back about a scholarship after you submitted your essay? Thanks!

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite today with an email saying I will be reached to schedule an interview soon. I know a lot of you guys have already gone through this process, so I was wondering if you remember how long after the email you were contacted to schedule. Thanks everyone and good luck!

ACCEPTED!!!!! Just got the call!! Interviewed 11/9 :woot:

Reactions: 7 users
Did anyone hear about the scholarship that interviewed 11/3 and got accepted?? I have to make a decision about 4 other schools and I might go here if I get the scholarship

Members don't see this ad :)
Did anyone hear about the scholarship that interviewed 11/3 and got accepted?? I have to make a decision about 4 other schools and I might go here if I get the scholarship
I heard about the scholarship 2 weeks after my acceptance if that helps.

Hey guys, I just got an interview invite today with an email saying I will be reached to schedule an interview soon. I know a lot of you guys have already gone through this process, so I was wondering if you remember how long after the email you were contacted to schedule. Thanks everyone and good luck!
I got the email for the invite on November 7th...still waiting for that call

Hi Everyone! Accepted yesterday around 2 PM.

First interview and first acceptance for this cycle.

Reactions: 6 users
I got the email for the invite on November 7th...still waiting for that call
When were you guys complete or when did you receive the "secondary application and application fee have been received" email?
Also, stats or LizzyM if you want?

When were you guys complete or when did you receive the "secondary application and application fee have been received" email?
received secondary on 10/19
submitted secondary on 10/22
received and marked complete on 11/4
interview invite on 11/7
call for interview TBA
3.6cGPA, 3.3sGPA, 506 MCAT reapplicant

Received secondary on 10/12
Submitted secondary on 10/21
Received/Marked complete on 11/17
Interview Invite on 11/17
Scheduled for 12/1 (Just got the call!)
3.7cGPA, 3.7sGPA, 28 MCAT (8/11/9)

accepted with the presidential scholarship! This makes the decision making process so much tougher!

Reactions: 2 users
accepted with the presidential scholarship! This makes the decision making process so much tougher!

Definitely take this school if you got the presidential. I would not hesitate if tuition was only $24k a year.

Reactions: 4 users
how do you get a scholarship? Is that based more on stats or the interview?

how do you get a scholarship? Is that based more on stats or the interview?

Interview. You have to score well in the interview first before you get an invite for a scholarship.

As long as you're aware that if you don't meet the specific undergrad GPA requirements, etc. for the scholarship, you're not getting one no matter how great your interview is. You have to be able to leave the starting line to have a chance at winning the prize, so to speak.

As long as you're aware that if you don't meet the specific undergrad GPA requirements, etc. for the scholarship, you're not getting one no matter how great your interview is. You have to be able to leave the starting line to have a chance at winning the prize, so to speak.
Makes sense. It sounds like a smart way to attract strong applicants to matriculate here rather than other schools while boosting the average making a it a more attractive program in the coming cycles.

And I hope my comment didn't come off "snobby". I was the farthest thing from "at the starting line" for the scholarship! :laugh:

And I hope my comment didn't come off "snobby". I was the farthest thing from "at the starting line" for the scholarship! :laugh:
not at all. I dont make the cut off either but its there for a good reason.

What are the requirements for the scholarships? I recently interviewed and was accepted and a scholarship would be super nice!

I don't know, I wasn't near the level needed. I think they're in the student handbook on the CUSOM website, or maybe check the info they gave you at the interview.

What are the requirements for the scholarships? I recently interviewed and was accepted and a scholarship would be super nice!
From last years cusom thread:

Dean’s Scholarship:

In order for a student to be considered for the Dean’s Scholarship, the student must have a cumulative and science GPA of 3.50 or higher with an MCAT of 24 or higher, OR an MCAT score of 30 or higher with a science and cumulative GPA of 3.30 or higher (rounding up GPA is permitted by the Committee). Dean’s Scholarship recipients will be awarded a $10,000 tuition scholarship, which may be renewed annually.

Presidential Scholarship:

In order for a student to be considered for the Presidential Scholarship, the student must have a cumulative and science GPA of 3.50 or higher AND an MCAT score of 30 or above (rounding up GPA is permitted by the Committee). Presidential Scholarship recipients will be awarded a $20,000 tuition scholarship, which may be renewed annually.

They told me that if you meet the requirements then they choose to ask you to apply for either the deans or presidential scholarship based on what they thought of the interview. Then you write an essay and the scholarship committee meets and decides if you get it or not. It's renewed every year as long as you maintain a 3.3 while in med school

If you receive a scholarship after acceptance, would it be revoked if your cumulative or science gpa falls below a 3.50 before matriculation?

Wow first II! I'm so excited yet so nervous as now I have to prepare for my first ever interview.

Sec rec'd 10/28
Sec sub'd 10/29
"Rec'd app" email 11/3

Got the "complete" email at the same time as the II email.

Reactions: 2 users
Wow first II! I'm so excited yet so nervous as now I have to prepare for my first ever interview.

Sec rec'd 10/28
Sec sub'd 10/29
"Rec'd app" email 11/3

Got the "complete" email at the same time as the II email.
if you need tips lmk

If you receive a scholarship after acceptance, would it be revoked if your cumulative or science gpa falls below a 3.50 before matriculation?
My scholarship acceptance letter is in the mail. I will let you know when it arrives the exact mentioned conditions. Although, If this is the last semester for you, likely one lower grade is not going to affect your GPA that much.

Two questions: How are OOS students looked upon and what sort of timeline to receive secondary, etc?

Two questions: How are OOS students looked upon and what sort of timeline to receive secondary, etc?
Most of my interview bunch was out of state, some with no ties to NC. I got my secondary about 4 weeks after completion. Then like 2 months for II.

Most of my interview bunch was out of state, some with no ties to NC. I got my secondary about 4 weeks after completion. Then like 2 months for II.

How long after getting accepted, did they contact you to submit an essay for the scholarship? And how long did it take for you to actually be accepted for the scholarship? Congrats btw, 20k is a lot of money!!

How long after getting accepted, did they contact you to submit an essay for the scholarship? And how long did it take for you to actually be accepted for the scholarship? Congrats btw, 20k is a lot of money!!
About 2-3 weeks I got a letter in the mail. They gave me 3 weeks to write an essay about why I should get it, then they informed me 2 weeks after that I had gotten it. The scholarship commitee meets weekly on Wednesdays. With that being said, they only offer so many scholarships until the funds run out. They said beginning of the year is generally when they start running low.
Thank you :)
Best of luck to you and let me know if you have any more questions.

Congrats @NBLogical

I know you're also a late applicant. Do you mind sharing your stats? I'm still on hold by this school.

How long does it approximately take to get a call to schedule an interview after invite?

"Received supplemental/fee" email on 10/27. Complete & II email on 11/16.

Got rejected from this school post interview as an NC resident w/ 3.7c,3.7s(straight A's in pre-reqs) and the equivalent of a 27-28 MCAT on the new exam after a 25 retake. All credits at four year university. Was also told during one of the three interviews that I interviewed well. EMT with now 1,000+ clinical hours. Volunteer tutor 55hrs, 40 hrs shadowing (25 from an MD who did OMM strictly), 160 hour quality and patient safety internship. 6 LORs; one from DO, one from MD, 3 professors, one pre-med committee LOR. Discussed interest in family med. it was a safety school (required attendance, dress code, new school status, and rotation sites are cons for me) so perhaps they saw through that during one of the interviews, OR they have jumped up in competitiveness. This is an impressive school overall, despite my cons... and I was bummed with the rejection because it did jump up in my school list post interview. Good luck all.

Last edited:
After being accepted at KCOM and others, got rejected from this school post interview as an NC resident w/ 3.7c,3.7s(straight A's in pre-reqs) and the equivalent of a 27-28 MCAT on the new exam after a 25 retake. All credits at four year university. Was also told during one of the three interviews that I interviewed well. EMT with now 1,000+ clinical hours. Volunteer tutor 55hrs, 40 hrs shadowing (25 from an MD who did OMM strictly), 160 hour quality and patient safety internship. 6 LORs; one from DO, one from MD, 3 professors, one pre-med committee LOR. Discussed interest in family med. it was a safety school (required attendance, dress code, new school status, and rotation sites are cons for me) so perhaps they saw through that during one of the interviews, OR they have jumped up in competitiveness. Also, I'm an EMT who actively brings PTs to the E.D where CUSOM students rotate, so I do know a decent amount about 1/3 of the student rotation sites. This is an impressive school overall, despite my cons... and I was bummed with the rejection because it did jump up in my school list post interview. Good luck all.

dafuq.gif
kevin hart.gif

Last edited: