Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Oh crap, so I wonder if that means the 10/31 11/1 crowd will have to wait for next week. Realllllyy hoping to hear this week!

Members don't see this ad.

Oh crap, so I wonder if that means the 10/31 11/1 crowd will have to wait for next week. Realllllyy hoping to hear this week!
Yeah. I was really hoping to hear back this week as well. It seems like the hurricane has pushed everything back a little.

Is there a current hurricane? or do you mean the last big storm?

Members don't see this ad :)
3-4 weeks for a follow up email, then it went silent. I actually called and was told i was missing something from my App. They just hadn't had the time to update me about it yet. Working on that issue now... :confused:

What was in the follow up email? Was it just a complete email?

What was in the follow up email? Was it just a complete email?

After the secondary they emailed me 2-3 weeks and said they would email me in ~3 weeks with an update. They never did, so I called. They are very nice, so if you have any concerns I would just call.

Reactions: 1 user
Guess those calls aren't going out today.....drat. :/

Initially after recieving a secondary I decided against fliing it out because I'm from the midwest and sensed a regional bias.
Anyway today I recieved an email stating they were strongly interested in my candidacy and higly encouraged me to submit my secondary.
Anyone else recieve this email, and do you think this is more then a standard email, and a good indicator for a future ii?
Also does Campbell offer saturday interviews?

Last edited:
Initially after recieving a secondary I decided against fliing it out because I'm from the midwest and sensed a regional bias.
Anyway today I recieved an email stating they were strongly interested in my candidacy and higly encouraged me to submit my secondary.
Anyone else recieve this email, and do you think this is more then a standard email, and a good indicator for a future ii?
I thought they had a regional bias too but I still applied. I was surprised to interview here but on interview day, the dean said while the school wants to support doctor's in NC, it is completely fine if we want to return home after 4 years after residency. I didn't expect to hear that from the dean because this goes against their mission statement.

EDIT: I meant if we want to return after 4 years of medical school

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
We were told at the interview that about a quarter of the students are from NC and they had students from 35ish states. I had a small interview group and 3 applicants were from midwest, one from southwest and northeast, and three from the area. I'm not sure what the email means, but I wouldn't worry about a regional bias.

EDIT: I am from the Midwest as well.

I am from the Midwest and was accepted. They were certainly aware that I was from the Midwest, but I did not feel that they were nearly as biased to region as other schools I have interviewed at. In the interview a few questions were geared towards what I thought of the area and how I would adjust to living there. I actually really liked the area because I currently live in a rural area similar to where the school is. I also have a sister living in a nearby state. So I guess I had those connections. Hope that helps you make a decision.

I have only heard of Monday or Tuesday interviews...can anyone else comment on that?

Finally got that complete email!

I received one of these as well. I'm on the west coast.

There is not a regional bias at this school. They are too new. I am from Oklahoma and interview this Monday. Anyone else interviewing?

No regional bias in terms of admissions. I think people get that sense from reading the mission statement but CUSOM is most interested in accepting good students. I am from California and I have an interview later this month.

Interviewing Nov. 14th. I am excited; I've heard nothing but great things about this school.

Interviewing this Tuesday 11/8, also interviewed at PCOM-GA last week. Super excited after hearing so many great things about CUSOM!

Interviewing 12/5! Very excited to see what this school is like

officially declined my seat for the class of 2017 today.
really hopes it goes to one of you deserving folk! :)

Has anyone from the 10/31 11/1 interviews heard back yet?

Accepted via Email!!!!!! Time to cancel some interviews. I hope the rest of you will be getting the same news soon.

Reactions: 1 users
Accepted via Email!!!!!! Time to cancel some interviews. I hope the rest of you will be getting the same news soon.

Congrats!! Super exciting!
When did you interview? Do you know if they call too?

I'm going to be giving up my seat to one of you wonderful people. Does anybody know how I do this? Do I just not send in the deposit or is there a formal way to tell the school earlier?

Congrats!! Super exciting!
When did you interview? Do you know if they call too?
I interviewed on 10/31. It sounds like some people get an email or some people get a call. I haven't received a call.

Accepted via email at 10 am! I'll see you all in August!!!

Reactions: 3 users
Accepted!!! This school is wonderful! Heard back 10 days after the interview. Good luck everyone!!

Reactions: 2 users
Out of interest, has anyone heard about when they'll update the CUSOM matriculation page? It still says "updated information will be available Oct 2016" when I click on the Access CUSOM Email tab.

for anyone who already interviewed, can you describe the day? what kind of interview format was it and how long? obviously no specifics but was it generally more conversational/getting to know you or more trying to challenge you?

Can a current student comment on what laptop the school gives its students?

Is there any printing shops near Lillington or can I print on the CUSOM campus? I forgot to print out my parking pass before getting to the airport.

Changes each year
just as security at thr front desk for a pass
Thanks for the response! Can you comment on your opinion of the third and fourth year rotations? They seems pretty solid but I would love to have a current student's input!

Also this is a weird question, but do guys have to take their shirts off during OMM lab?

Thanks for the response! Can you comment on your opinion of the third and fourth year rotations? They seems pretty solid but I would love to have a current student's input!

Also this is a weird question, but do guys have to take their shirts off during OMM lab?
Rotations are fine, you may have o move for years 3-4.

There are times that it makes sense an you will need to remove your shirt. Ladies usually use sports bras at those times

also can any student speak of the curriculum here? anything particularly unique/positive/negative? and ow research is handled here?