Campbell University School of Osteopathic Medicine (CUSOM) Discussion Thread 2016-2017

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Out of interest, has anyone heard about when they'll update the CUSOM matriculation page? It still says "updated information will be available Oct 2016" when I click on the Access CUSOM Email tab.
Did you sign the Academic Bulletin? I wasn't able to find a link for it and was wondering what other people were doing.

Members don't see this ad.

It's third from the bottom on the matriculation link.
I saw that. When I follow the link to the school website there is no academic bulletin at all. I might be missing something, but it doesn't look like it is complete.

Members don't see this ad :)
I saw that. When I follow the link to the school website there is no academic bulletin at all. I might be missing something, but it doesn't look like it is complete.

HAHA, true. I just signed the acknowledgement hastily.

Reactions: 1 user
Being a newer school, and primary care focused, do you think it will be difficult to place into a difficult specialty coming out of CUSOM?

Being a newer school, and primary care focused, do you think it will be difficult to place into a difficult specialty coming out of CUSOM?

Competitive Board Scores+LORs+Research+Honors+Applying Broadly=Competitive Specialty

It all boils down to how much work you put in.

Can any current students please PM me? Or does anyone here know of any current students? Thanks!

When I interviewed at this school I has a wonderful experience. Awesome staff, faculty, students, and facilities.

Haven't submitted my primary, but I want to know if it's worth it assuming I get a secondary. Has anyone been in the area post-election or can any students comment on the tolerance of the community?

So how long after the acceptance email would the scholarship emails come (if they are to come)?

So how long after the acceptance email would the scholarship emails come (if they are to come)?

It took about one month before I was invited to submit an essay for the scholarship. The deadline for me was ~3 weeks later. You probably will not hear whether you got the scholarship or not until after your deadline for submitting the deposit. (At least, I didn't).

Has anyone heard anything back yet from the November 8th interviews?

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Members don't see this ad :)
I haven't either. They said we should hear by tomorrow. Hopefully we'll get a calls then
Good luck to everyone who also interviewed on the 8th!!

Reactions: 1 users
I interviewed on the 7th... Really hoping today is the day...

I will be passing on my acceptance to one of you guys. Deciding to attend RVU-CO instead

Just got notified that they had scheduling issues and said we should have an answer by December 2nd

Sent from my iPhone using SDN mobile

Deposit down and background/UA done! So excited!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I537 using SDN mobile

anyone flying in for an interview on the 28th? I'm thinking of taking a shuttle if anyone wants to join?

To those who withdrew acceptances, did you do it through email or phone call?

Hey guys, I was just invited for an interview today.

Just wondering, do any of you guys know if it's a blind interview (access to stats, essays, etc)?

Also, for those who have interviewed, how do you think the interviews were? I've had one interview so far (TUN) and it was unsuccessful unfortunately. I got really nervous and was tripped up by a question.

I was wondering if anyone else had a problem with no Certiphi drug screening locations in your area. I need to go through a private company and am wondering if I should ask for an extension on my deadline of December 12th.

I would call them and ask right away.

Just wondering, do any of you guys know if it's a blind interview (access to stats, essays, etc)?

Also, for those who have interviewed, how do you think the interviews were? I've had one interview so far (TUN) and it was unsuccessful unfortunately. I got really nervous and was tripped up by a question.
I think its open file as in they see everything. My interviews were amazing, by far the best I've had out of all schools. It's very casual and they truly seemed excited to talk with you and display the family, caring atmosphere.

The interview is great! Really relaxed atmosphere. They are genuinely interested in who you are as a person and really why you picked Campbell.

They do know your file and may or may not ask questions about it. I was asked about a class I had taken and why I had taken it and what I learned from it. Also, I was asked some ethical questions , i.e. My stance on euthanasia and abortion. All the interviewers are friendly and welcoming, they do truly try to make you feel comfortable and at home.

I was accepted 11 days after my interview and am thrilled to be attending.

Hi guys! Is anyone from the midwest going down to Campbell for an interview on Tuesday 11/29?

anyone interviewing on Monday? Im staying at Microtel Inn and was wondering if anyone wanted to go to the interview together?

Just got an acceptance call! Interviewed 11/7

Good luck to everyone :)

Accepted!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 4 users
Any current students on this thread?