Class of 2018...how you doin? ;)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I told myself I'd just take Spring Break to celebrate and enjoy the good news, and wait on everything else until after I got back to CS. Yet here I am, already e-mailing upper classmen about housing, ordering transcripts, looking at stethoscopes...I'm just too excited! And as nervous and stressed I sometimes feel about the future, when I really stop, think, and reflect...I couldn't feel more at peace. This just feels so right. I hope I can say the same in a year's time. :)

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 9 users
The one thing I will say that I have found really weird here is that vet students don't feel obligated to pay other vet students to watch their pets. I think this is totally rude, but maybe it's just me. I understand if you have a 1-1 exchange of pet sitting duties, but I don't want to do it for free, so why should other people? I guess it's a little different if you are sending pets to someone else's house, but still. I ask my pet sitters to come twice a day for my cats and I think that deserves payment!

I find it depends somewhat. When I was gone for a weekend last fall I had a friend stop by once and I didn't pay her. But I did used to give her rides home periodically back then, so it was sort of somewhat a balance of favors between friends. Someone else is pet sitting for me two days next week and I offered to pay her but she didn't want me to. So it's not always a horridly expensive burden. But I do fully expect to be paying a decent sum of money to whoever I get to petsit for me when I'm out of the country for two weeks in August, even if it is one of my friends. But I do think often you end up paying less to your friends than to people you don't know as well, either because your friends feel awkward taking that much money from you, or because it ends up being a casual exchange of favors.

Members don't see this ad :)
I too am enjoying my summer in NJ! (And going to wawa as much as possible lol)

Don't freak out - enjoy the freedom while we can!!! My plans for the summer: work and save up some money, go to the beach as much as possible, ride, visit friends and family, and enjoy summer in NJ! How about everyone else?

(P.S. - I an secretly really excited to be class of 2018. I have a thing for even numbers and 2017 and 2019 are not as appealing. )

Reactions: 1 user
I too am enjoying my summer in NJ! (And going to wawa as much as possible lol)
Wawa is the best. I'm tired of only having Sheetz here in VA

Reactions: 1 users
AHHH! I'm going to miss Wawa....and the Gobbler...

Reactions: 2 users
I've heard so much about Wawa from my old roommate that lived in Maryland. Does anyone know if there is a Wawa in Alabama?

What the heck is Wawa? I am a northeastern girl... clearly missing out?

Members don't see this ad :)
I still have yet to go to a wawa... don't think there are any out in Missouri... at least I haven't seen them in Columbia. What I miss most is Chick-fil-a... closest is about an hour from here ;_;

I'm going to miss In 'n Out. :arghh::arghh::arghh:

E-slap lol #icant #luvit Congrats to everyone!
Edit: darn quick reply! Response to post #54 @UFprevet12

Last edited:
I still have yet to go to a wawa... don't think there are any out in Missouri... at least I haven't seen them in Columbia. What I miss most is Chick-fil-a... closest is about an hour from here ;_;
As a Virginian, I love me some wawa and chick-fil-a. Neither are in Michigan. It's probably a good thing. But not really.

Looked it up: there is a Chick-Fil-A ~20 mins walking

Last edited:
Sees "Location: Virginia".... decent Mexican food? In Virginia????

(The Arizonan in me is dying laughing if that is the case... ;) )
There is a pretty big latino population in Northern Virginia. There are some pretty amazing hole in the wall places. Definitely comparable to the Mexican food I have had in Mexico..

Sees "Location: Virginia".... decent Mexican food? In Virginia????

(The Arizonan in me is dying laughing if that is the case... ;) )
I grew up in California haha. Trust me, I'm dying in Virginia, too!

Looked it up: there is a Chick-Fil-A ~20 mins walking distance from Penn! :soexcited::highfive::soexcited: I'm going to miss In n Out's but honestly I prefer Five Guys, of which there are plenty on the east coast. And yay Wawa! All my friends in CA look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about them.
YES!!! I guess I won't die in Philly after all ;)

I want to go to Wawa now. :( I live in Wisconsin, there's none of those here.............I'd never even heard of it till right now.

Wawa = amazing. I went to college in Pennsylvania and couldn't believe I was deprived of its goodness till then

Wawa = amazing. I went to college in Pennsylvania and couldn't believe I was deprived of its goodness till then

Well, you're not gonna find any of that in Madison. :laugh:

Looked it up: there is a Chick-Fil-A ~20 mins walking distance from Penn! :soexcited::highfive::soexcited: I'm going to miss In n Out's but honestly I prefer Five Guys, of which there are plenty on the east coast. And yay Wawa! All my friends in CA look at me like I'm crazy when I talk about them.

Five guys is so good. Texans are lucky because we have Five Guys, In-N-Out, and Chick-Fil-A. Whataburger too which is glorious. None of those are here in KS though :(

Never heard of Wawa before though.

Five guys is so good. Texans are lucky because we have Five Guys, In-N-Out, and Chick-Fil-A. Whataburger too which is glorious. None of those are here in KS though :(

I'm definitely going to miss Whataburger and Chick-Fil-A but I'm really going to miss the local tex next chains that are just in this area of TX!

You all have inspired me to go to five guys for lunch today! Hahaha I hope mizzou has one!

I'm definitely going to miss Whataburger and Chick-Fil-A but I'm really going to miss the local tex next chains that are just in this area of TX!
I'm really going to miss Braums most of all. And good BBQ. Any Indy natives know of places that have decent BBQ?

I'm really going to miss Braums most of all. And good BBQ. Any Indy natives know of places that have decent BBQ?

I already miss Braums! There is not one here in West Texas where I live and yes good BBQ although I'm going to TN so I feel like they should have some good BBQ!

I'm eating wawa right now :) Are there any Wawas in Indiana by any chance?

I've never heard of Wawa until recently. I feel like I should drive to Pennsylvania over the summer just to try it once :p

Anyone else on multiple waitlists super anxious about housing? I really hate doing things super last minute...

Anyone else on multiple waitlists super anxious about housing? I really hate doing things super last minute...

Yes, but I'm more anxious about the waitlist thing than the housing :p I honestly haven't thought too much about housing.

Yes, but I'm more anxious about the waitlist thing than the housing :p I honestly haven't thought too much about housing.

Yea... I see your point :D.. I got into one school... but prefer to go somewhere cheaper, so I'm holding out for waitlists.. I guess it takes the pressure off a lot but now I'm just anxious because I can't do any planning :dead:. At what point do people stop considering schools they are waitlisted at? Obviously I'd have to commit to the school I got into by April 15th, but would giving myself an end point of May 1st or something be enough time to give most schools an opportunity to contact people on the waitlist? Man.. I hate waitlists.

Yea... I see your point :D.. I got into one school... but prefer to go somewhere cheaper, so I'm holding out for waitlists.. I guess it takes the pressure off a lot but now I'm just anxious because I can't do any planning :dead:. At what point do people stop considering schools they are waitlisted at? Obviously I'd have to commit to the school I got into by April 15th, but would giving myself an end point of May 1st or something be enough time to give most schools an opportunity to contact people on the waitlist? Man.. I hate waitlists.

I'm the same, I got into SGU and Ross but am trying to stay in the States as much as possible! I was just creeping on the waitlist survivors thread from last year, and people were getting pulled off lists into May and June! So I don't know :\

Everybody who's anxious about housing. I didn't go look at housing until the very end of June, and that was pretty much the prime time to be looking for my area. Yes, this will vary by city, and by type of housing you're looking for. Places like large apartment complexes will often have stuff available almost right away. And I know here, at least, very few upperclassmen have even starting advertising for available rooms yet. Again, this will vary from place to place. But don't panic! If you have to wait until April or May to find out where you're going, you will still find a place to live. I (almost) promise. Schools often bring in people off waitlists a week or two or even a day before the semester starts, and they never wind up homeless. It'll all work out!

Kansas as a rate has chick-fil-a AND 5 guys! Just not Manhattan KS ... That is the boonies! :laugh: We have all kinds of fun stuff in Kansas City, Overland Park and Lenexa!

I've never heard of Wawa until recently. I feel like I should drive to Pennsylvania over the summer just to try it once :p
Wawa is just a glorified 7-11. Not sure what the love for it is about. Have never been a fan. But then again, maybe that is because penn's Wawa is the hangout for all the addicts who go to the methadone clinic around the block.

Wawa is just a glorified 7-11. Not sure what the love for it is about. Have never been a fan. But then again, maybe that is because penn's Wawa is the hangout for all the addicts who go to the methadone clinic around the block.
it's much better than the 7-11s around here. cleaner, more food options, etc