Class Of 2018!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Great for the Bruins but DNW to face them in the SCF, if the Hawks make it that far. I hope the Pens put up a fight and push it to 7 games...

It will be interesting to see whether Quick or Bernier is the starting goalie for game 3.

And maybe I can look at topics you've created and see what background of yourself you've given. :p At any rate, I would guess I'm older--I already graduated college (this year, but still). Wish I could still be a student and not worry about getting a job for a year. =/

1. Seven games won't happen. Penguins. LOST. In. A. BLOWOUT. AT. HOME. Bruins in 4.

2. Blackhawks in 6 likely. Kings won't go down easily.

3. You can search and let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm a PGY2.

Members don't see this ad :)
1. Seven games won't happen. Penguins. LOST. In. A. BLOWOUT. AT. HOME. Bruins in 4.

2. Blackhawks in 6 likely. Kings won't go down easily.

3. You can search and let me know. I'm pretty sure I'm a PGY2.

1&2: we shall see (altho I pretty much agree with w/ 2).

3: *shrugs* Wherever you think you are, man. Was just curious. I'll be on the lookout for SDN peeps at interviews.

1&2: we shall see (altho I pretty much agree with w/ 2).

3: *shrugs* Wherever you think you are, man. Was just curious. I'll be on the lookout for SDN peeps at interviews.

@1&2 Probably. If all fails, I will sell the Blackhawks to China.

@3. Imagine if I'm your interviewer.... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

@1&2 Probably. If all fails, I will sell the Blackhawks to China.

@3. Imagine if I'm your interviewer.... :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Game 3 tonight! Will say a lot about where the series will go...

3: LOL at that mental image. I doubt you'd be able to tell it was me even if you were an interviewer, though (unless you saw my PS, of course).

Game 3 tonight! Will say a lot about where the series will go...

3: LOL at that mental image. I doubt you'd be able to tell it was me even if you were an interviewer, though (unless you saw my PS, of course).

Richards is out. Kings are screwed.

Well, from your post history, you are a young, daring, charming, intelligent and sportsy woman... I'm pretty sure I can identify you easily.

Richards is out. Kings are screwed.

Well, from your post history, you are a young, daring, charming, intelligent and sportsy woman... I'm pretty sure I can identify you easily.

Concussions suck, and that was one of the worst times to get one. I'm surprised Bolland wasn't suspended for that hit (must've appeared clean enough to Shanahan...)

I don't come across as an Arya Stark? :p You're going to blow up my head with all that flattery. I only wish the adcoms will be as impressed when I interview.

Concussions suck, and that was one of the worst times to get one. I'm surprised Bolland wasn't suspended for that hit (must've appeared clean enough to Shanahan...)

I don't come across as an Arya Stark? :p You're going to blow up my head with all that flattery. I only wish the adcoms will be as impressed when I interview.

1. Bolland is innocent in this case. It was an accident. Kings are forever destroyed.

2. No, not really. One of your previous posts suggests you have either a very short hair, a Mohawk or purple hair. I retract my previous compliments. :thumbdown:

1. Bolland is innocent in this case. It was an accident. Kings are forever destroyed.

2. No, not really. One of your previous posts suggests you have either a very short hair, a Mohawk or purple hair. I retract my previous compliments. :thumbdown:

With Bolland, few hits are an accident...but with one of our winning goals in a game helped by Bolland taking down a defenseman, I can't be too picky. (I can be picky about how poorly he's played in the playoffs this year, but we all think he's still nursing an injury, so...)

LOL that's quite an image. Not quite, but feel free to take that as your image.

Aww, I'm sorry for ruffling feathers. I accept compliments poorly (I've been told); sarcasm and banter is more my style.

all transcripts received! YES!

2 more LOR writers and I'll be 100% received with everything

all transcripts received! YES!

2 more LOR writers and I'll be 100% received with everything

Wooo! How long did that take?? Mine were sent on the 20th and received on the 28th (marked as received on the 31st).

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm having dreams about the MCAT. This test is driving me insane :scared:

Wooo! How long did that take?? Mine were sent on the 20th and received on the 28th (marked as received on the 31st).
Final transcript was sent out on the 21st and marked as received today. Other two were marked as received on the 20th and 21st of May.
I'm having dreams about the MCAT. This test is driving me insane :scared:
I had nightmares about the MCAT

Final transcript was sent out on the 21st and marked as received today. Other two were marked as received on the 20th and 21st of May.

I had nightmares about the MCAT

You must be farther away, then...otherwise that difference in processing time seems weird to me.

I don't think I ever had dreams about the MCAT (and I took it twice), but I've definitely had nightmares about failing exams since graduating college. :x You'd think getting away from classes would make me forget about exams...

77 degrees here in Seattle and I'm wearing pants ..... Hate lab days ....

You must be farther away, then...otherwise that difference in processing time seems weird to me.

I don't think I ever had dreams about the MCAT (and I took it twice), but I've definitely had nightmares about failing exams since graduating college. :x You'd think getting away from classes would make me forget about exams...

All of my stuff was being sent from Georgia to D.C., about 600 miles away

All of my stuff was being sent from Georgia to D.C., about 600 miles away

NW IN for me, also about 600 miles away. I give up trying to understand AMCAS's processing methods...

Still working on my primary, need to get the meaningful activity essays done...

NW IN for me, also about 600 miles away. I give up trying to understand AMCAS's processing methods...

I'm all the way ready to submit!

With Bolland, few hits are an accident...but with one of our winning goals in a game helped by Bolland taking down a defenseman, I can't be too picky. (I can be picky about how poorly he's played in the playoffs this year, but we all think he's still nursing an injury, so...)

LOL that's quite an image. Not quite, but feel free to take that as your image.

Aww, I'm sorry for ruffling feathers. I accept compliments poorly (I've been told); sarcasm and banter is more my style.

1. We'll see in Game 3.

2. Sarcasm is also my style. :naughty: You are now my favorite 2018er. I shall be your Prince Charming. :love::love::love:

Good thing you have more time thanks to AMCAS delay.

1. We'll see in Game 3.

2. Sarcasm is also my style. :naughty: You are now my favorite 2018er. I shall be your Prince Charming. :love::love::love:

:D You honor me. I would say I'll be your damsel in distress, but I think lady knight (if I were tall enough) would be more apt a description. :cool:

Good thing you have more time thanks to AMCAS delay.

Believe me, I was so happy when I saw they pushed the date back...was going to be scrambling to write the essays today, otherwise.

Now I can watch game 3 (and catch up on game of thrones) in peace and write some essays tomorrow instead. ;P

:D You honor me. I would say I'll be your damsel in distress, but I think lady knight (if I were tall enough) would be more apt a description. :cool:

Believe me, I was so happy when I saw they pushed the date back...was going to be scrambling to write the essays today, otherwise.

Now I can watch game 3 (and catch up on game of thrones) in peace and write some essays tomorrow instead. ;P

As you wish. I am happy to be your loyal servant. Your wish is my command.

Game 3 today is going to be a Blackhawk victory. And Game of Thrones is.... meh...

Also, there really isn't much for you to be discouraged in this whole AMCAS stuff (which you aren't). Med school admissions suck, but you'll definitely make it through the hurdle and succeed in your goals. I'm definitely one fan rooting for you. ;)

I only used 2 most meaningful spots. good idea or no?

I really would be fluffing like crazy if I put another most meaningful on an experience.

I really would be fluffing like crazy if I put another most meaningful on an experience.

I saw a thread discussing the same thing, but I couldn't find it. :(

I think you're fine.

I saw a thread discussing the same thing, but I couldn't find it. :(

I think you're fine.

Cool, 2 it is. I don't want to come off as in-genuine in any of my essays so I'd rather not fluff.

If you've got 2 meaningful things then go with it. The most meanigful section is only in its 3rd app season so I don't think they'll ding you for only having 2

I only have 2. Can't see myself bs'ing anything ...

If you've got 2 meaningful things then go with it. The most meanigful section is only in its 3rd app season so I don't think they'll ding you for only having 2

I only have 2. Can't see myself bs'ing anything ...

Yeah, I totally agree. Some people admitted to only having one. I don't think they're going to judge you for it. I'd view the most meaningful essays as extra space for adcoms to understand you more, not extra crap you have to fill out.

I thought you needed to have 3 most meaningful ECs... Good to know:)

As you wish. I am happy to be your loyal servant. Your wish is my command.

Game 3 today is going to be a Blackhawk victory. And Game of Thrones is.... meh...

Also, there really isn't much for you to be discouraged in this whole AMCAS stuff (which you aren't). Med school admissions suck, but you'll definitely make it through the hurdle and succeed in your goals. I'm definitely one fan rooting for you. ;)

I wish you could have given the Hawks quickness and goals tonight. :(

(Blasphemy about game of thrones!!)

Oh I'm not worrying much right now--just annoyed at all the tedium of essays (ugh @ secondaries soon) and such. I hate writing essays...being a science major and taking classes with all exams was a blessing. I like to read much more than write.

And woo, thanks for the support! :D I would say I'm cheering for you too, but I still haven't figured out where you are in your education. 8D

And as to everyone discussing meaningful activity essays, I'm only doing three because they truly were meaningful to me: a 40hr/wk 8 wk clinic experience, being an RA for a year, and working in a research lab for 2 yrs. If I had one less of these three, I'd only write about those two.

I wish you could have given the Hawks quickness and goals tonight. :(

(Blasphemy about game of thrones!!)

Oh I'm not worrying much right now--just annoyed at all the tedium of essays (ugh @ secondaries soon) and such. I hate writing essays...being a science major and taking classes with all exams was a blessing. I like to read much more than write.

And woo, thanks for the support! :D I would say I'm cheering for you too, but I still haven't figured out where you are in your education. 8D

And as to everyone discussing meaningful activity essays, I'm only doing three because they truly were meaningful to me: a 40hr/wk 8 wk clinic experience, being an RA for a year, and working in a research lab for 2 yrs. If I had one less of these three, I'd only write about those two.

Yeah... about that... I decided to auction you off for some extra cash. Sorry! That's why I let the Kings win... don't worry. They will take good care of you. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

Yeah... about that... I decided to auction you off for some extra cash. Sorry! That's why I let the Kings win... don't worry. They will take good care of you. :naughty::naughty::naughty:

You can't auction me off, I'm a knight! :p And who's "they," anyway?

:welcome: 16 guests viewing this thread. Feel free to register and post on SDN. There really isn't anything for you to worry about...

... plus if you're ladies, don't worry. You won't be auctioned off. ;)

:welcome: 16 guests viewing this thread. Feel free to register and post on SDN. There really isn't anything for you to worry about...

... plus if you're ladies, don't worry. You won't be auctioned off. ;)

Lies!

Finally finalized my school list...12 schools! Wish I could apply to so many more but I just don't have the time off or the money to do all that traveling!

Finally finalized my school list...12 schools! Wish I could apply to so many more but I just don't have the time off or the money to do all that traveling!

I'm trying to finalize mine now. I made the mistake of choosing schools that I think I'd have a good chance at getting in even if I don't want to go to them.

Replacing 1 of said schools now.

Also, Howard has some confusing information on LORs, hopefully someone can help me with this.

HUCM requires at least two letters of recommendation from premedical science professions (i.e., instructors who taught applicant in classroom or lab and gave a grade) or a committee letter of evaluation. Letters from research staff or volunteer venues will be accepted IN ADDITION to science recommendations referred to above.

Does 'from premedical science professions' from professors who taught the prereqs (gen chem, organic, physics & bio)???

I've currently got letters from 1 science, 1 non-science and 1 that can be considered science if AMCAS categorizes his course as BCPM.

I'm trying to finalize mine now. I made the mistake of choosing schools that I think I'd have a good chance at getting in even if I don't want to go to them.

Replacing 1 of said schools now.

Ah yes, that is very easy to do! I originally had a list of 19 that I had to cut down and eliminate all those schools that I wasn't totally serious about.

Also, Howard has some confusing information on LORs, hopefully someone can help me with this.

Does 'from premedical science professions' from professors who taught the prereqs (gen chem, organic, physics & bio)???

I've currently got letters from 1 science, 1 non-science and 1 that can be considered science if AMCAS categorizes his course as BCPM.

I think "from premedical science professions" basically means a BCPM professor, rather than someone who taught, for example, a Health and Wellness class which, though science, isn't really BCPM. I agree this is poorly written :confused:

:D
Who said there was no such thing as a free lunch?

btw, do we have a new post count goal for Monday?