Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Today I submitted 30 update letters. Holy hell.

do you know if NYMC and Einstein accept update letters? i can never get an actual person on the phone...

Members don't see this ad.

Didn't apply to NYMC. I called YU today and I think they do.

So. Many. Phone. Calls...

Reactions: 1 user
do you know if NYMC and Einstein accept update letters? i can never get an actual person on the phone...
I think Einstein does! They definitely do post-interview!

Members don't see this ad :)
Crossing my fingers you get your acceptance stat, because we need a SDN reunion in NYC!

Are you pumped and ready for your UDub interview?

That would be so much fun!! Mm yeah super excited (and nervous...UW supposed to be high stress and poopy) for Monday, and for my last interview whoop!

Yeaaah this trip to NYC I had a much better experience... @Cyberdyne 101 NYC definitely just needed another chance. I'm still a suburb gal but I even enjoyed being a sardine in the subway a little :laugh:

Thanks @turayza . I'm keeping my fingers crossed for you! I wont even know what to do with myself if I get to go to school with you and @hellanutella. Getting excited thinking about it
smiley-happy085.gif

Meeting at second look would be low key super awesome..
Hehe today I met an interviewee from Florida and I thought of you :D

Last edited:
Reactions: 2 users
I can't believe that this thread took off!

But I'll be part of the Class of 2019.

Reactions: 5 users
I can't believe that this thread took off!

But I'll be part of the Class of 2019.
You've been making quite a splash in these forums ever since your post about acceptance!

Reactions: 1 users
Yeaaah this trip to NYC I had a much better experience... @Cyberdyne 101 NYC definitely just needed another chance. I'm still a suburb gal but I even enjoyed being a sardine in the subway a little :laugh:
It's all about not spilling your coffee during the sardine experience :laugh: I've had a few close calls :oops:
:love: Thank you guys! I still can't believe it. Let the West Coast vs. East Coast battle commence! @Cyberdyne 101 if you're still in NYC around mid-March, I'm pretty sure I'll be coming back then for second look.
I was saving that croissant pic for your Sinai acceptance! I knew it was only a matter of time!
And yes, I'll be around in March. You can tell me all about Los Angeles!!

Last edited:
I am so excited to OFFICIALLY join such a wonderful group of future physicians!!!! I just received my first acceptance, to my dream school, and am beyond ecstatic and BLESSED! Just got the call from THE Ohio State University! Hello class of 2019!!!

Reactions: 17 users
Packing for my first interview.

Suit:Check, Tie:Check, Socks:Check, Shirt: Check. Uhhhh. I hope I don't forget anything.

When you guys and gals have interviewed, is there a space to change out of your suit after? I have a change of clothes handy since I don't want to wear my suit on the shuttle and train, then bus back home. Icky.

Congrats on your interview! I don't really have any advice on changing, as one of my interviews was in my own city and for the other one I just changed at the airport. I don't really have any nice clothes other than my suit, and didn't feel comfortable changing into my batman t-shirt at the med school. :p

I guess I could change at the train station? Not sure if that would be an issue, but I'd prefer just to do it at the school when everything is over.

I'm not bringing anything crazy nice, though I usually wear sportcoats and stuff. For travel it's easier to wear a fleece jacket, chino's, and leather sneakers. Not really formal, but good for a long bus ride. There's no way I'm changing at penn station. That would be freaking disgusting lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I changed at my hotel for one interview (not the room, since I had checked out already; I just drove back and changed in their public restroom). For the other I've had so far, I actually just drove to a nearby Burger King and changed in their bathroom. I sure got some crazy looks...

I am so excited to OFFICIALLY join such a wonderful group of future physicians!!!! I just received my first acceptance, to my dream school, and am beyond ecstatic and BLESSED! Just got the call from THE Ohio State University! Hello class of 2019!!!

As much as I dislike Ohio State because of football (haha), I absolutely cannot deny that it's a great school; CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!!

Reactions: 3 users
I usually just change in one of the bathrooms of the med school building after my interviews finish!

Suit:Check, Tie:Check, Socks:Check, Shirt: Check. Uhhhh. I hope I don't forget anything.

When you guys and gals have interviewed, is there a space to change out of your suit after? I have a change of clothes handy since I don't want to wear my suit on the shuttle and train, then bus back home. Icky.
I always change in the airport; Ive seen a couple other interviewees doing that as well.

I'll be taking a megabus after an upcoming interview, so I won't have an airport or train station bathroom to change in. I think I'll just try to find a bathroom at the school that's not right by the admissions office and change there.

Soooo I have been waitlisted at one school and I'll probably get a second one (school interviews a lot of OOS and accepts very few). I could hear from 2 others in the next week or so, I'm hoping to get an acceptance so I can relax too hehe. Really anxious y'all!

Soooo I have been waitlisted at one school and I'll probably get a second one (school interviews a lot of OOS and accepts very few). I could hear from 2 others in the next week or so, I'm hoping to get an acceptance so I can relax too hehe. Really anxious y'all!
You and I both.... no good news yet just silence and one rejection. GAH the wait!

Congrats to the recent Sinai acceptances! And hang in there, @miamiheatfan and @Terps1011! I'm in the same boat as y'all.

So, I recently took the medical specialty selector quiz again, and here are my results (with my current interest in bold).

Surgery - General--96% Personality Match

Ophthalmology--95% Personality Match

Anesthesiology--95% Personality Match

Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery--93% Personality Match

Orthopaedic Surgery--93% Personality Match

Plastic Surgery--91% Personality Match

Urology--89% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Endocrinology and Metabolism--88% Personality Match

Radiology - Radiation Oncology--87% Personality Match

Colon and Rectal Surgery--87% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease--86% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Cardiology--86% Personality Match

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation--86% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Hematology--85% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology--85% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Nephrology--84% Personality Match

Pathology--84% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Occupational--84% Personality Match

Neurological Surgery--84% Personality Match

Dermatology--84% Personality Match

Thoracic Surgery--83% Personality Match

Obstetrics and Gynecology--83% Personality Match

Medical Genetics--83% Personality Match

Emergency Medicine--82% Personality Match

Radiology - Diagnostic--81% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Infectious Diseases--79% Personality Match

Allergy and Immunology--79% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology--76% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Rheumatology--75% Personality Match

Internal Medicine--75% Personality Match

Neurology--74% Personality Match

Pediatrics--72% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Aerospace--71% Personality Match

Nuclear Medicine--70% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Public Health and General--69% Personality Match

Psychiatry--68% Personality Match

Family Medicine--53% Personality Match

Reactions: 4 users
Congrats to the recent Sinai acceptances! And hang in there, @miamiheatfan and @Terps1011! I'm in the same boat as y'all.

So, I recently took the medical specialty selector quiz again, and here are my results (with my current interest in bold).

Surgery - General--96% Personality Match

Ophthalmology--95% Personality Match

Anesthesiology--95% Personality Match

Otolaryngology - Head and Neck Surgery--93% Personality Match

Orthopaedic Surgery--93% Personality Match

Plastic Surgery--91% Personality Match

Urology--89% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Endocrinology and Metabolism--88% Personality Match

Radiology - Radiation Oncology--87% Personality Match

Colon and Rectal Surgery--87% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Pulmonary Disease--86% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Cardiology--86% Personality Match

Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation--86% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Hematology--85% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Gastroenterology--85% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Nephrology--84% Personality Match

Pathology--84% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Occupational--84% Personality Match

Neurological Surgery--84% Personality Match

Dermatology--84% Personality Match

Thoracic Surgery--83% Personality Match

Obstetrics and Gynecology--83% Personality Match

Medical Genetics--83% Personality Match

Emergency Medicine--82% Personality Match

Radiology - Diagnostic--81% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Infectious Diseases--79% Personality Match

Allergy and Immunology--79% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Medical Oncology--76% Personality Match

Internal Medicine - Rheumatology--75% Personality Match

Internal Medicine--75% Personality Match

Neurology--74% Personality Match

Pediatrics--72% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Aerospace--71% Personality Match

Nuclear Medicine--70% Personality Match

Preventative Medicine - Public Health and General--69% Personality Match

Psychiatry--68% Personality Match

Family Medicine--53% Personality Match
Where did you find this? I am intrigued!

Wow!! Congrats on NYU, @onceawolverine!!

If you matriculate there, you'll get to enjoy Chipotle with outdoor seating!!
Haha thanks! I really did love NYU; honestly one of my only complaints is that idk how I could possibly focus on school if I'm living in Manhattan..

I did think about getting Chipotle the night before my interview, but I settled for some ny pizza across the street. Still unsure if I made the right call or not.

Haha thanks! I really did love NYU; honestly one of my only complaints is that idk how I could possibly focus on school if I'm living in Manhattan..

I did think about getting Chipotle the night before my interview, but I settled for some ny pizza across the street. Still unsure if I made the right call or not.
I love Kips Bay. I actually take the long way home through that area on school days. The Chipotle on 33rd St and 2nd Ave is actually my favorite. And it does have outdoor seating :D
You'll have time to enjoy Manhattan and do well in school! One of my former classmates is now an MS-1 at NYU and he loves it!

Post interview hold at Penn State :(
Same. Some schools are just cruel. They interview a bunch of ppl, even though they don't plan on accepting them. Penn State thus far has been accepting high staters.

HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE UNBELIEVABLE CONGRATULATIONS TO RECENT ACCEPTANCES AHHHHHHHHHHH
@No Limits on Sinai
@hellanutella on Sinai
@onceawolverine on NYU

AND, AS OF A FEW MINUTES AGO,
@researchismymiddlename on Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUCH A HUGE DEAL IT'S HER TOP CHOICE AND I'M SO PROUD OF HER

I'm so so so so so so beyond thrilled and excited for all of you, which I have expressed privately but now want to declare publicly. You're all wonderful and amazing and fantastic people and I'm so happy to be on this journey with y'all!!!!!!!! :biglove: :biglove: :biglove:

(If I forgot anyone in my list of excitements, I sincerely apologize.... This has been one of the most hectic weeks in my life but I needed to pop on here and share my overflowing happiness for No Limits, Nutella, Wolverine, and RIMMN)

Last edited:
Reactions: 11 users
HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE HUGE UNBELIEVABLE CONGRATULATIONS TO RECENT ACCEPTANCES AHHHHHHHHHHH
@No Limits on Sinai
@hellanutella on Sinai

AND, AS OF A FEW MINUTES AGO,
@researchismymiddlename on Mayo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! AHHHHHHHHHHHHHH SUCH A HUGE DEAL IT'S HER TOP CHOICE AND I'M SO PROUD OF HER

I'm so so so so so so beyond thrilled and excited for all of you, which I have expressed privately but now want to declare publicly. You're all wonderful and amazing and fantastic people and I'm so happy to be on this journey with y'all!!!!!!!! :biglove: :biglove: :biglove:

(If I forgot anyone in my list of excitements, I sincerely apologize.... This has been one of the most hectic weeks in my life but I needed to pop on here and share my overflowing happiness for No Limits, Nutella, and RIMMN)

@No Limits and @hellanutella into Sinai?!?!?!??! WOWOWOW!!!! That's amazing!!!

And awwww I'm in tears, just got the phone call in addition to the voicemail (the bleeping lab blocked my oiriginal phone call) and I cried on the phone and I'm so so so so happy! Like on cloud 9 happy! This is the best day ever!!!! I never went into this cycle thinking that I would fall in love with Mayo as I did, and after my visit I was deeply in love :D

@sunflower18 you're amazing and you are just the sweetest person ever. Thanks for making my SDN experience so enjoyable, and I know that I could never have found this community without following you! I <3 you guys, and especially you @sunflower18! Have a GREAT weekend folks!!!!!

Reactions: 10 users
I am so happy I got into Rochester on 10/16, the day after the earliest date I could have heard back. Absolutely fell in love with the school. Anyplace that calls itself the liberal arts of medical schools has already got a lot going in its favor, and I was so impressed with their supportive and individualized approach.

I'm still in a daze, frankly. Can't believe I'm actually going to do this! Rochester class of 2019! It's a long way from home on the west coast, but I've had to move far and wide for school already. Of course, now I have zero motivation to try to find a job until summer. Maybe it's time to go travel. I've been thinking about South America...

Reactions: 6 users
HOLY MAYO, @researchismymiddlename! This is amazing news and I am so glad that your hard work has paid off! Now all you need to do is relax until med school starts up. Are you pretty much set on matriculating there? (Even though I don't know you in IRL, I want to say that you'd be a sure fit for Mayo).

cinco-de-mayo.gif.jpg

(And a groan-worthy pun just because).

And because I missed it, another big shoutout to @onceawolverine who is going to have some really, really hard decisions to make this April!

Reactions: 5 users
HOLY MAYO, @researchismymiddlename! This is amazing news and I am so glad that your hard work has paid off! Now all you need to do is relax until med school starts up. Are you pretty much set on matriculating there? (Even though I don't know you in IRL, I want to say that you'd be a sure fit for Mayo).

cinco-de-mayo.gif.jpg

(And a groan-worthy pun just because).

And because I missed it, another big shoutout to @onceawolverine who is going to have some really, really hard decisions to make this April!
http://nj1015.com/the-true-story-of-sinko-de-mayo-according-to-big-joe-henry/

@researchismymiddlename I'm so happy for you. I was expecting you to be the one on here to get in outright (since statistically only one of us would). You are beyond sweet and awesome and totally deserve this! So wonderful :) Don't freeze too much up there!!!

So glad everyone has so many fantastic options!!!!! Excited for all of you. Maybe the whole NYC group will happen!!!

Reactions: 3 users