Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I don't think I've posted in here since forever, so I just wanted to say CONGRATS to all of you who have been accepted. You'll soon be ready to wallow in miser.... I mean enjoy the wonders of medical school like my fellow 2018er @nemo123 and myself

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 5 users
~Unpopular opinion alert~ Saw the first episode, but I must confess I fast-forwarded through it a lot because it couldn't hold my attention. I wasn't really impressed since the show seemed to focus upon the residents, stereotyping and sensationalizing them like a very bad reality TV program (ex: the flirt, the mama's boy, the token minority, the jock, etc.). The patient and clinical encounters seemed rushed. It frustrated me because wanted to know what was going on with the patients and not the residents!

A lot of these medical shows seem somewhat scripted, but Vandy MDs was just over-the-top. I much prefer Hopkins and Boston Med. Mildly disliked NY Med because Dr. Oz kept popping up on it.

/endunpopularopinion
I just saw the first episode of Vandy MD's .... felt like I was watching Real World on Mtv lol.

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
mehehe i can finally say i'll be officially joining this class :D

Reactions: 14 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Late to the part by OMG COGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS Congrats to @FriendlyFH, @miamiheatfan, and @Copernicium!!!!! SO exciting and so happy for you all!! I know I'm embarrassingly late but an opportunity to offer congratulations should never be missed :D

@sunflower18 yes keep writing!! You're so amazingly good at it!

@Ace Khalifa good luck at Miami and I know you will CRUSH IT!! :)

And @hoihaie CONGRATULATIONS to you too!!! I've been rooting for you from the start of this cycle! :happy:

Reactions: 7 users
mehehe i can finally say i'll be officially joining this class :D

Oh hello flying penguin! Been a while since I last hear from you. I'm glad you got to know for sure that you'd be a doctor before the hoildays! :)

Reactions: 4 users
Late to the part by OMG COGRATU-FREAKING-LATIONS Congrats to @FriendlyFH, @miamiheatfan, and @Copernicium!!!!! SO exciting and so happy for you all!! I know I'm embarrassingly late but an opportunity to offer congratulations should never be missed :D

And @hoihaie CONGRATULATIONS to you too!!! I've been rooting for you from the start of this cycle! :happy:

AWWW you're so sweet! super happy you've been having such an awesome cycle!!!

Oh hello flying penguin! Been a while since I last hear from you. I'm glad you got to know for sure that you'd be a doctor before the hoildays! :)
HEHE im so glad you got accepted too!!!!!!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!!!! So so so so exciting!!!!!!

@researchismymiddlename - you are the sweetest :) thank you!!

THANKS!! You're without a doubt the cutest penguin here :p

You guys are so sweet!! super happy that we'll all be colleagues in the future! hope to meet y'all in person!!!

Reactions: 2 users

Thank you so much!!!:highfive: Also congratulations to @HinduHammer and @hoihaie on getting their first acceptances!!:clap: Feel super young compared to all of you right now though haha, I'll be feeling 22 around matriculation!

Members don't see this ad :)
Wait guys. I think something weird happened. Whenever anyone types the words "it" and "is" together, whether in contraction form or not, SDN now displays it as "Tis"... at least on my computer. What is happening. Did I do something wrong?? Is this a weird joke???

Reactions: 1 user
Oh my god same with "it" and "was". Is this some weird Christmas setting???

Fun fact:
@researchismymiddlename finished college at a younger age than Charles Xavier!!!!
00038038.jpg

She's hiding something from us ;)

Wait guys. I think something weird happened. Whenever anyone types the words "it" and "is" together, whether in contraction form or not, SDN now displays it as "Tis"... at least on my computer. What is happening. Did I do something wrong?? Is this a weird joke???
Your computer has the Christmas spirit running through its wires haha!:rofl:

It was
It is

This looks normal to you guys?

Twas
Tis

This looks normal to you guys?
lol...

Reactions: 6 users

It's not just you; I've been coming across "Tis" in old threads and was wondering if it was just a typing quirk, but this makes more sense. I know SDN did something similar for April Fool's Day, so it's probably a Christmas joke.

Reactions: 6 users
@sunflower18 it is not just you! I thought I was either going crazy or missed some joke a few pages back Hahahahaha.

Hm...Xmas joke. It is what it is then.

EDIT: OMG:=|:-): magic. SDN: Hogwarts edition.

Oh thank god. I was legitimately really concerned and started checking my SDN and computer settings to see what on earth was happening. I even did a Google search. Wow. Embarrassing hahaha. I mean, I figured it was a SDN prank, but I checked the Lounge and the Pre-Med Allo page and nobody at all was mentioning it so I had no idea... Yeah, like @differentiating, I thought the person I was talking to just really liked the word "Tis" which I found odd but then it was everywhere!

Ok. Phew. Crisis averted hahaha

Oh thank god. I was legitimately really concerned and started checking my SDN and computer settings to see what on earth was happening. I even did a Google search. Wow. Embarrassing hahaha. I mean, I figured Twas a SDN prank, but I checked the Lounge and the Pre-Med Allo page and nobody at all was mentioning it so I had no idea... Yeah, like @differentiating, I thought the person I was talking to just really liked the word "Tis" which I found odd but then Twas everywhere!

It was the best.

Accepted to my state MD school last week!! Will be 30 by matriculation and so happy to have been accepted on my first cycle and relatively early in the cycle!! Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas!!
Congrats! Wish you a merry Xmas too!

PS: Not that it is a competition, but I am indeed older than you :). But I feel young and I guess I act young. When I got a call from a school at work, my below 20 year old coworkers thought I just got into college. :p

Congrats! Wish you a merry Xmas too!

PS: Not that Tis a competition, but I am indeed older than you :). But I feel young and I guess I act young. When I got a call from a school at work, my below 20 year old coworkers thought I just got into college. :p
Wait, you're older than 30??? Does that mean you and @HinduHammer will be attending physicians for a shorter amount of time than the rest of us? Legimitate question here.

It is still great that people age 30+ want to become doctors!

Accepted to my state MD school last week!! Will be 30 by matriculation and so happy to have been accepted on my first cycle and relatively early in the cycle!! Wishing everyone a very merry Christmas!!
@HinduHammer, this is wonderful news! Congratulations to you!

Wait, you're older than 30??? Does that mean you and @HinduHammer will be attending physicians for a shorter amount of time than the rest of us? Legimitate question here.

Tis still great that people age 30+ want to become doctors!

Yeah I will probably be an attending physician from 37-40 until about 65-75 depending. If I do Psych or something, I could practice into my 80s (I shadowed a psych who was 81 and still quite talented). If I do interventional cards or surgical then I'd probably retire by 65 max. OTOH, and this is what I assume med schools think, at our ago, we actually know for sure we want to be physicians...I've worked so many jobs, including several "big boy jobs," and know for sure that I'd like to be a physician. I think this is one of the biggest arrows in the quiver of being a non-trad. I also think I heard somewhere that non-trads tend to choose more primary care specialties, though I don't have a reference for that one. Yessir, I am currently 29 years young :)

Oh thank god. I was legitimately really concerned and started checking my SDN and computer settings to see what on earth was happening. I even did a Google search. Wow. Embarrassing hahaha. I mean, I figured Twas a SDN prank, but I checked the Lounge and the Pre-Med Allo page and nobody at all was mentioning it so I had no idea... Yeah, like @differentiating, I thought the person I was talking to just really liked the word "Tis" which I found odd but then Twas everywhere!

This is hilarious. I love how a serious post about surgery can turn into this:
"I am an Integrated Vascular Surgery intern, so yes we have an integrated program. The intern rules require me to be out of the hospital at 7pm. Tis stupid." :laugh:
-mimelim

Last edited:

Lol a similar thing happened on April Fool's day this year... The SDN administrators are playing with our sanity. ;)

Tis still great that people age 30+ want to become doctors!

I'm giving you the side eye if you're going where I think you're going with that.

Lol

Congrats to everyone who got in so far! And merry Christmas Eve~!!!

bLof6dLl.jpg

Here's my ugly Christmas sweater for you guys to enjoy.

Merry Christmas Eve everyone!!! I'm going to be spending it alone for the first time in ages because I'll be working in the ED tomorrow, so I hope everyone enjoys their times with family and loved ones, precious time which should not ever be taken for granted :) :)

I'm giving you the side eye if you're going where I think you're going with that.

Lol
I just asked a simple question. Both 22 and 30 are still "young," but 30 is old to a 22 year old.

ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1419456672.742671.jpg

Digging out old pictures with my family today and came across this gem! Thought you'd guys would get a kick out of me back in the day

Reactions: 12 users
Accepted today to my state school! Such a wonderful Christmas present :)
I GET TO BE A DOCTOR!!

Reactions: 19 users

LMAO thank you for saying this, I though you were all in on some seasonal joke :laugh:

Today my last client (home care) of the day pooped in his pants and had left his adult underwear/diaper somewhere at adult day care so his poop ran down his pants and he tracked it all over his house before his wife and I noticed.
and then I went home and ate a ton of Korean BBQ to celebrate the holidays! :D

Wondering if anyone here can help me....

If I am taking slightly different courses next semester as I put on my AMCAS for future course list, do I need to contact each school and tell them?

One of my interviewers recognized me on the street today when he was doing his Xmas shopping with his family. Small world. And I honestly didn't know what to say...what does one say to a former interviewer while wearing a Santa hat and a floral holiday dress?

Last edited:
Reactions: 7 users
Wondering if anyone here can help me....

If I am taking slightly different courses next semester as I put on my AMCAS for future course list, do I need to contact each school and tell them?

No, future courses are non-binding.

Unless you are not taking a pre-req anymore.

One of my interviewers recognized me on the street today when he was doing his Xmas shopping with his family. Small world. And I honestly didn't know what to say...what does one say to a former interviewer while wearing a Santa hat and a floral holiday dress?

I would definitely forget their name . . .