Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wait so once you submit FAFSA you can go back and change it later?
Yeah, you file a "correction."

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
This is going to be challenging since I was unemployed for half of 2013, but worked the full year of 2014 so I can't really put together an accurate salary etc for last year till I get my W-2 etc.

Hello~ Hope everyone had a good holidays. Now we enter the time of taxes ....... :( lol

Also, go Hawks!

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I am looking at this thread and thinking "I started this whole taxes conversation" lol

Hello~ Hope everyone had a good holidays. Now we enter the time of taxes ....... :( lol

Also, go Hawks!

Wait... Hawks as in Iowa?! I'm shocked you know about us! :D

All this talk about financial aid is making me nervous! Been independent for several years now and not sure how that's going to play out lol

All this talk about financial aid is making me nervous! Been independent for several years now and not sure how that's going to play out lol
I'm pretty sure @joonage is talking about the Seattle Seahawks :p Also, being independent might give you an advantage in terms of financial aid. At least that's what I've heard.

When do you expect to hear from Cornell? I'm still hoping you give Manhattan one more chance ;)

I wonder how they evaluate student income from the past. I have a job that actually pays something that's not awful right now but it's going to go poof when I start school.

I guess having a sister in college and a family that's broke (I got FAP) will have its perks for finaid. Oh joy.

I also got excited, @researchismymiddlename! Alas that we are scorned again!! :bear: By the way, have you decided fershure fershure to go to Mother Mayo? Or still keeping options open?

Reactions: 3 users
I also got excited, @researchismymiddlename! Alas that we are scorned again!! :bear: By the way, have you decided fershure fershure to go to Mother Mayo? Or still keeping options open?
I've been trying to sell Manhattan to her for quite some time and I don't think I'm doing a very good job. I guess it doesn't help that I often express a desire to live elsewhere :laugh: Also, it's really hard to top the Medical College of Winterhold.
the_college_of_winterhold_by_thespiritofthewoods-d67p24x.jpg

Last edited:
Reactions: 4 users

I'd like to believe he was talking about the Hawkeyes. We need all the support we need after this past weekend :( I usually assume any mention of Seahawks or "hot guys" is actually in support of us. They just don't know it.

And yes, regarding financial aid forms, Need Access <<<<<<< FAFSA. UGH.

Background check came up all clear. I guess I'm not a criminal :ninja:

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
I wish I was accepted so I could pass the background check too...

Reactions: 1 user
They send it to everyone who is waitlisted also, I thought!
Is that true? Either I missed an email or WVU messed up. That reminds me, I should probably send WVU an update letter/LOinterest soon...

Is that true? Either I missed an email or WVU messed up. That reminds me, I should probably send WVU an update letter/LOinterest soon...

This is what my email says:
"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants."

@hellanutella have you gotten yours yet? WVU just may not have sent their info to AAMC yet. But good idea on writing a letter! I should write updates soon too.

Passed the background check with flying lack of colors!

Reactions: 4 users
This is what my email says:
"You have received this email because you have been waitlisted or conditionally accepted by one or more of the medical schools participating in the AAMC-facilitated program for performing criminal background checks on conditionally accepted applicants and waiting list applicants."

@hellanutella have you gotten yours yet? WVU just may not have sent their info to AAMC yet. But good idea on writing a letter! I should write updates soon too.

Nope! No background check e-mail!

~neuroticism commences~

EDIT: I suppose the more probable scenario is that none of my accepted/WL schools have sent out info yet? :shrug:

Nope! No background check e-mail!

~neuroticism commences~

EDIT: I suppose the more probable scenario is that none of my accepted/WL schools have sent out info yet? :shrug:

Nada here too, so I'm guessing there are just schools who haven't gotten around to it in general.

Me too. Phew! :)
Oh good! So everything was fine even with only submitting addresses for the past 10 years? I am itching to complete this thing and the internet has not been very helpful with answering my question! I have all of the time periods and addresses for age 0-4 and 11-present, but nothing concrete for the in-between times.

Oh good! So everything was fine even with only submitting addresses for the past 10 years? I am itching to complete this thing and the internet has not been very helpful with answering my question! I have all of the time periods and addresses for age 0-4 and 11-present, but nothing concrete for the in-between times.

It all worked out for me!! I'm sure it'll be fine for you too :)

Nada here too, so I'm guessing there are just schools who haven't gotten around to it in general.

Glad to be in good company! And seeing as we share a WL + acceptance (and, sadly, no overlaps with Sunflower, Lamel, or FriendlyFH) we may just have the slowpoke schools. ;)

No background check emails for me either -- haha another thing to be neurotic about! (Did I hallucinate my acceptance and am now continuing to live in delusion?? :p )

Nooooo! My top two schools have second look on the same weekend. What's up with this?

How many second looks are y'all planning on going to?

I know 2 of my top choices fairly well so I don't think I'll go to those. I'm thinking of going to 2 (if I get in) that my SO and I want to get a better feel for. I might do another in the city (Einstein or NYU if I get in) to meet more of the student body.

Probably just Hopkins, and even that will put a pinch on my wallet. I would have liked to go to UCSD's, since it wouldn't have cost me a penny in airfare, but it's the same weekend as JHU.

Which ones do you think you'll be at?

Zero idea. So far, I'm planning on going to one (at Case). If I get into UCLA, Mayo, NYU, or CCLCM, I'll go to those second looks instead or in addition to Case's.

Probably just Hopkins, and even that will put a pinch on my wallet. I would have liked to go to UCSD's, since it wouldn't have cost me a penny in airfare, but it's the same weekend as JHU.

Which ones do you think you'll be at?

I don't know... probably chicago and vandy right now, but then if I get into other schools I might add one more? But I don't want to be poor... sigh... I also forget when chicago's second look is so IDK If it conflicts with Vandy or not

Second looks?

Probably none. I'd rather spend that money on awesome stuff over the summer. Honestly, this stuff is way over hyped. The people you end up liking could go somewhere else.

I only went to my undergrad visit day is because they paid for me to come.

Second looks?

Probably none. I'd rather spend that money on awesome stuff over the summer. Honestly, this stuff is way over hyped. The people you end up liking could go somewhere else.

I only went to my undergrad visit day is because they paid for me to come.
EXACTLY. That'd ensure any hookups remain one-time things. Duh. You won't even have to clarify "no strings attached?" before getting down. Why pass that up?

EXACTLY. That'd ensure any hookups remain one-time things. Duh. You won't even have to clarify "no strings attached?" before getting down. Why pass that up?

I'm not really hurting for that, naw I mean?

Assuming I make it to second look, what is the dress code? Same as interview day?

What's everyone's experiences here with non-traditional prereqs? I didn't want to/couldn't take physics II and thus substituted it for a higher level geo/environmental physics class. It worked out nicely b/c it was easier to get an A (upper levels not subject to grade deflation as much) and I got it :D

Is this a non-issue? I also don't have 3 labs (no physics, only 1 bio) because of opportunity costs I wasn't willing to take, but I know from experience labs don't matter. This is like the only insecurity I have about my app next cycle lol..

What's everyone's experiences here with non-traditional prereqs? I didn't want to/couldn't take physics II and thus substituted it for a higher level geo/environmental physics class. It worked out nicely b/c it was easier to get an A (upper levels not subject to grade deflation as much) and I got it :D

Is this a non-issue? I also don't have 3 labs (no physics, only 1 bio) because of opportunity costs I wasn't willing to take, but I know from experience labs don't matter. This is like the only insecurity I have about my app next cycle lol..
You mean to tell me you got 13 PS without Physics II?? o_O

Every school has different requirements. Some will be more lenient than others. Not having labs with your science prereq's won't fly at most places if they explicitly state "1 year biology, physics, chemistry, organic chemistry + labs for all of them." Not taking physics II might be bad...

Agreed with @Ace Khalifa. If the school specifically says that you need a year of general bio with lab, saying that you "know from experience labs don't matter" probably won't be enough to waive the requirement :/ I'd contact some schools, but I would expect you might have some holes to fill before you matriculate.

I need to take two pre-reqs next semester as well -- Physics II and Statistics. :(

You mean to tell me you got 13 PS without Physics II?? o_O
lol I contend that a good high school physics class is all that's needed for the MCAT. Excellent private school education and physics olympiad qualifiers whipped me into shape way back then. Physics II would've been both an unnecessary upgrade of stuff I already knew, with a hard curve to boot

Agreed with @Ace Khalifa. If the school specifically says that you need a year of general bio with lab, saying that you "know from experience labs don't matter" probably won't be enough to waive the requirement :/ I'd contact some schools, but I would expect you might have some holes to fill before you matriculate.

I need to take two pre-reqs next semester as well -- Physics II and Statistics. :(
Is stats required by some of your schools? The general rule is 1 year math, which I did with Calc I and II. I wish I had taken stats before I graduated, tho.

lol I contend that a good high school physics class is all that's needed for the MCAT. Excellent private school education and physics olympiad qualifiers whipped me into shape way back then. Physics II would've been both an unnecessary upgrade of stuff I already knew, with a hard curve to boot

Wow! That's impressive. My high school was NOT like that.