Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Wtf are you?

If you think this is funny, get out. Go play with your sandbox and let us take care of business.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
On behalf of everyone, I apologize :)

I think everyone should listen to the song @radiologyology posted, it is for sure to put everyone at ease. It is the funk, I am telling you all.

Also for a bit of a nerdy sidetrack, @hellanutella , what kind of characters do you usually play? I like being a battle Mage/ assassin nothing like sneaking up on your enemies and killing them with your dagger
Archery, destruction magic, 1-handed sword, light armor (or mage's robes), and very sneaky-lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
I know that. But if @ridethecliche is allowed to make rude remarks about me without consequence, then why should I be criticized for being rude? Don't engage in that absurd double standard.
You should know SDN logic by now. Whether something is rude depends on how many other people find it funny and the number of likes the post gets.

I know that. But if @ridethecliche is allowed to make rude remarks about me without consequence, then why should I be criticized for being rude? Don't engage in that absurd double standard.
It's not a double standard. As I said before, it's ok to be upset at a snarky comment. But don't belittle your accomplishments. Asking for an apology is perfectly reasonable, but clearly you're also upset at something which is quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. And that was addressed by hella and others in a supportive manner.

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 user
Have you ever played dark/demons souls? That game was so freaking hard.

Last edited:
It's not a double standard. As I said before, it's ok to be upset at a snarky comment. But don't belittle your accomplishments. Asking for an apology is perfectly reasonable, but clearly you're also upset at something which is quite trivial in the grand scheme of things. And that was addressed by hella and others in a supportive manner.
I wasn't the one belittling my accomplishments. I wasn't even bringing that up until RTC made that damn comment. And then it escalated with everyone else. Don't call my being upset or whatever trivial. I'm still upset. It doesn't matter what the situation is, you DO NOT TELL SOMEONE not to be upset because whatever it is, it hurt them and you have no right to tell them not to get upset.

Please drop this and give me time to cool off.

Yes, there were parts that did suck – like the fact that I had to commute at least 3 hours every day to get there and still had to work full time – but that's life for you. I feel like I became a much stronger person because of it, though my poor car who had to rack up 100K+ miles begs to differ. ;)

How on Earth did you manage this? After reading this and some of your other posts about your family being less than supportive of your medical school ambitions, I am amazed by all that you've been able to accomplish. Holy crap.

Seriously, everyone on this thread is amazing, and we have been given an incredible opportunity to use our intelligence, communication skills, and compassion to care for real live patients! Not many people can say that. We are so, so fortunate to be able to put our talents forth to serve others.

Reactions: 9 users
I wasn't the one belittling my accomplishments. I wasn't even bringing that up until RTC made that damn comment. And then it escalated with everyone else. Don't call my being upset or whatever trivial. I'm still upset. It doesn't matter what the situation is, you DO NOT TELL SOMEONE not to be upset because whatever it is, it hurt them and you have no right to tell them not to get upset.

Easy fix, just stay off SDN and go enjoy your spring break.

Reactions: 2 users
I needed the guide to beat it. I still almost broke all my controllers.

What are you on about man? Someone called me a prick and others made fun of me for saying what I did. I thought it was funny because it was accurate and applied to me as well given where I got in.

Stop acting like you're being victimized. You're bringing all of this on yourself. Your comment to hellanutella was insanely rude and mean spirited. Like you can't even claim that it was said in jest or that it was supposed to be construed as funny. I'm comfortable being called out for being a jerk when I'm being one. Are you? Because that's what you're being to everyone ITT right now.

That's all I have to say about this. I guess now's as good a time as ever for a break from this thread.

How on Earth did you manage this? After reading this and some of your other posts about your family being less than supportive of your medical school ambitions, I am amazed by all that you've been able to accomplish. Holy crap.

Seriously, everyone on this thread is amazing, and we have been given an incredible opportunity to use our intelligence, communication skills, and compassion to care for real live patients! Not many people can say that. We are so, so fortunate to be able to put our talents forth to serve others.

Duh, she's a boss. Caffeine and nutella didn't hurt though!

Last edited:
Reactions: 8 users

I don't think you understood anything I and others have said. But regardless, you know we have your back. Relax and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Buy Skyrim if you haven't played it. It's only $20.

Reactions: 4 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Whooah, I have never seen that or done that but I am 100% there are mods that you can do that.

Sounds like me. Right now Im replaying oblivion because I don't think my computer could handle skyrom but I pretty much have the same setup every time I play :( I need to be more adventurous like this guy Le sigh

C'mon dude, you're doing it right. Skyrim isn't Mike Tyson's punchout-lol. You're supposed to use weapons and magic. Otherwise, it's not fun.

Last edited:
I don't think you understood anything I and others have said. But regardless, you know we have your back. Relax and enjoy the rest of your Sunday. Buy Skyrim if you haven't played it. It's only $20.
I'm sorry. I know you and the others have my back (most of the time). I'm not buying Skyrim, tho. That would be too much of a timesuck.

Yeah, as weird as it sounds we actually like you and want you to succeed.

Reactions: 7 users
What part of "I don't want to hear anything from anyone anymore unless it's an apology" did you not understand? But okay.

You told me you'd stop lashing out at people who are trying to help. I don't like it when you lash out at me, as you're well aware, but at someone as sweet and supportive as @hellanutella? That is NOT okay with me. Nor should it be with you.

Just because someone hurt your feelings doesn't mean you can go hurt someone else. Seriously, I find this rather unacceptable, and am angry that this thread is turning into a place where support is twisted into bitterness and resentment.

Reactions: 13 users
Woah, Ace. Simmer down. We're all backing you 100%, but I don't think you have any reason to feel bitter about EVMS.

I feel like can say that because I have been through something very similar. I went to my absolute last-choice UG. I was accepted to other schools, including my top choice, but life had it such that I could not attend.

Yes, there was a phase I went through when I was super bitter about it, but I very quickly had to kick that mentality in my pants. I was super frickin lucky to even to go to college. It's a position of absolute privilege and every time I moaned about having to go to a school I disliked, I sat myself down and "checked my privilege" (yes, a tired old phrase but it carries a lot of truth). For the first six months I went to my UG bitter and upset while all my friends on FB posted photos of them cavorting with new friends and going on social outings... and those were six miserable months. Then I realized that I had no right to be upset – I was still attending college for goodness sake! – and I resolved to make the most of my situation. The following 3.5 years of college were actually pretty darn good following that mental shift.

My UG was not a bad school. I loved my classes, had some brilliant professors, met some awesome people, and really engaged myself off campus. Yes, there were parts that did suck – like the fact that I had to commute at least 3 hours every day to get there and still had to work full time – but that's life for you. I feel like I became a much stronger person because of it, though my poor car who had to rack up 100K+ miles begs to differ. ;)

I know your experience at EVMS (in the event the waitlist doesn't come through) will be perfectly fine. Chin up, Ace. You're in a really good position! YOU'RE GOING TO MEDICAL SCHOOOOOOLLL!!! :)
Damn....

6974.gif

Reactions: 12 users
You told me you'd stop lashing out at people who are trying to help. I don't like it when you lash out at me, as you're well aware, but at someone as sweet and supportive as @hellanutella? That is NOT okay with me. Nor should it be with you.

Just because someone hurt your feelings doesn't mean you can go hurt someone else. Seriously, I find this rather unacceptable, and am angry that this thread is turning into a place where support is twisted into bitterness and resentment.
It's not okay. I know that. I'm sorry, @hellanutella.

Reactions: 10 users

Last edited:
It's not okay. I know that. I'm sorry, @hellanutella.
You are only human Ace. For the record, your feelings do matter. If someone says something that hurts your feelings, let us know. We are all adults and I'm sure we can work it out.

Thanks for apologizing that was big of you.. But seriously, of all people to lash out on like that, Hellanutella? That's like kicking a nun or a puppy lol. She's unbelievably sweet and perhaps one of your biggest cheerleaders in here. I'm not going to lecture you man but from now on please know that no one in here wants to see you fail and we all have your back. We have had your back the entire cycle (search this thread for proof) and will continue to through your journey in med school. I respect that you apologized but understand that kind of behavior is not going to fly in here anymore. Had we not liked you so much, you'd probably be on everyone's ignore list for that. Too bad we like you ;)

Alright enough of that, I feel like our thread has lost its way.... I mean no one posts pictures of food anymore:(

And if anyone is looking for a fun distraction, please see me on Mario Kart on wii. I'm still serving free beat downs to anyone who wants one:p
giphy.gif

Hahaha that is very true, at the very least I could step out of my comfort zone and try and specialize in heavy armor and two handed weapons and eventually work my way up to K.O.ing a mutha f'n dragon with one punch!
That dude was most likely playing the game on an easy level. I play the game on the Master level and I often die when I try to finish off a dragon up close (i.e. face to face) with my sword :laugh:
35362-1-1367168530.jpg

I played skyrim for a little while, but I really prefer the Fallout series (I know, I know, I'm in the minority here). Starting a new run at New Vegas. I can't wait for a new Fallout to come out... even if I won't ever have time to play it.

Reactions: 2 users
You are only human Ace. For the record, your feelings do matter. If someone says something that hurts your feelings, let us know. We are all adults and I'm sure we can work it out.

Thanks for apologizing that was big of you.. But seriously, of all people to lash out on like that, Hellanutella? That's like kicking a nun or a puppy lol. She's unbelievably sweet and perhaps one of your biggest cheerleaders in here. I'm not going to lecture you man but from now on please know that no one in here wants to see you fail and we all have your back. We have had your back the entire cycle (search this thread for proof) and will continue to through your journey in med school. I respect that you apologized but understand that kind of behavior is not going to fly in here anymore. Had we not liked you so much, you'd probably be on everyone's ignore list for that. Too bad we like you ;)

Alright enough of that, I feel like our thread has lost its way.... I mean no one posts pictures of food anymore:(

And if anyone is looking for a fun distraction, please see me on Mario Kart on wii. I'm still serving free beat downs to anyone who wants one:p
giphy.gif

OMG! I love mario kart. That's like the best game ever. I'm taking you on!

Reactions: 3 users
Happy international women's day! Pretty big of a deal in where I came from. Glad to see it's catching up here too! Free candy for women at my store!
ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1425853133.334051.jpg

Reactions: 10 users
I needed the guide to beat it. I still almost broke all my controllers.

What are you on about man? Someone called me a prick and others made fun of me for saying what I did. I thought it was funny because it was accurate and applied to me as well given where I got in.

Stop acting like you're being victimized. You're bringing all of this on yourself. Your comment to hellanutella was insanely rude and mean spirited. Like you can't even claim that it was said in jest or that it was supposed to be construed as funny. I'm comfortable being called out for being a jerk when I'm being one. Are you? Because that's what you're being to everyone ITT right now.

That's all I have to say about this. I guess now's as good a time as ever for a break from this thread.

I'm sorry for being a jerk, but it was YOUR comment that started all this. That is all.

Also for a bit of a nerdy sidetrack, @hellanutella , what kind of characters do you usually play? I like being a battle Mage/ assassin nothing like sneaking up on your enemies and killing them with your dagger

Okay, confession time: I am kind of a huge nerd. I really like Skyrim because it doesn't lock you into a class like D&D does – but I usually like mages because ~spellcasting~. Or I go for the stealthy archer/rogue type. I guess I just like to stay away from hand-to-hand combat haha. I usually farm the actual fighting out to barbarian/fighter companions.

@Cyberdyne 101 you've seen the Thomas the Tank Engine mod? I love this video so much.

@radiologyology Fallout is next on my list! SO EXCITED.

Oh my gosh, you are too kind. I guess I just became really good at time management? I got to listen to a lot of NPR during the past few years, so it wasn't all a bust. I feel like most of the schools I applied to were really considerate about my lack of leadership and sustained clinical/charity involvement thanks to my commuting/work commitment woes. They really do read those "greatest challenge" essays! Honestly, what I've achieved pales in comparison to the tons of other folks on these forms and that I've met on the interview trail. I'm blown away by all of my future classmates and cannot wait to learn from everyone. :)

Nutella helps A LOT. I actually got through college without coffee (not for religious reasons, I just don't like the bitterness) but you can bet I ate my weight in chocolate.

@sunflower18 @No Limits guys you are truly incredible and I really value your friendship. You summarized this debacle more succinctly that I ever could. This whole forum is about support. I honestly don't think I would have gotten as far in this cycle had I not actively participated on SDN. It's great to have folks you can go to and commiserate about the process. My IRL friends (oh my god "IRL friends" makes me sound like I'm back on LiveJournal) have been hugely supportive, but they're generally like: "I have no idea what you're talking about, but I'm just going to hug you and love you because that's what friends do." I don't expect them to know about Step or the MCAT or clinical rotations... just as I have no idea about the minutiae involved in their career paths. For me it was invaluable to have people on my very own career track that I could reach out to for advice. And for that I thank you all. :love:

I'm sorry for being a jerk, but it was YOUR comment that started all this. That is all.

Ah yes, the age old 'he made me do it' line of defense. Classy.

Look at how I responded to people that called me out and look at how you responded to people that were SUPPORTING YOU.

Ah yes, the age old 'he made me do it' line of defense. Classy.

Look at how I responded to people that called me out and look at how you responded to people that were SUPPORTING YOU.

I'm sorry, what responses of yours?

Did somebody mention Outkast? I'll leave this here for your enjoyment. Now back to biochem.

Reactions: 3 users
View attachment 190026
Any rappers from the 90s?
Ice Cube, Nas, Outkast, Wu-Tang, Bone Thugs, Scarface, 2Pac, Big, E-40?

I saw wutang and rage against the machine headline rock the bells. Still the best concert I've ever been to.

The most scared I've ever been in my life was in the mosh pit for RATM. I have no idea how I got in there, but I was carried like 10 rows back within seconds.

Did somebody mention Outkast? I'll leave this here for your enjoyment. Now back to biochem.

Bigboi headlined one of my college spring fling concerts. So choice!

I'm sorry, what responses of yours?

I'm done brah.

I have that CD autographed by them-lol. They were really cool!
WC (from the West Side Connection), Ghostface, and Raekwon were easily the most intimdating rappers I've met-lol.

I saw wutang and rage against the machine headline rock the bells. Still the best concert I've ever been to.

The most scared I've ever been in my life was in the mosh pit for RATM. I have no idea how I got in there, but I was carried like 10 rows back within seconds.

Bigboi headlined one of my college spring fling concerts. So choice!

I'm done brah.
I saw them at the New York Rock the Bells. Cypress Hill also performed at that show. I avoided the Mosh Pit-lol.

I saw them at the New York Rock the Bells. Cypress Hill also performed at that show. I avoided the Mosh Pit-lol.

I WAS THERE!!!

RAHZEL WAS THERE TOO AND DID THE 'IF YOUR MOTHER ONLY KNEW' BEATBOX THING TOO!