Class of 2019!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
that's def the route I'd suggest, it can't hurt. if aid ends up a little more at one than the other (within reason of course), I'm a big proponent of choosing happiness, but that's a choice you'll have to make when you have all the variables. you got this!

I don't know if Jeff plays that game. I have no doubt their aid office is fairly busy right now, but I haven't received a really to my last emails from over a week ago.

One can only hope though.

The other thing important to me is to meet and interact with people from outside medicine and from what I've been hearing from Umass folks is that the med students are a closely knit group. That's great, but I've never had friends that were only science majors, or research coordinators, etc... Not sure I'd fit into that narrative.

I wonder how incestuous it is lol.

Just got word that 6 people in last year's entering class were from my undergrad. Wowza!

Members don't see this ad.

I don't know if Jeff plays that game. I have no doubt their aid office is fairly busy right now, but I haven't received a really to my last emails from over a week ago.

One can only hope though.

The other thing important to me is to meet and interact with people from outside medicine and from what I've been hearing from Umass folks is that the med students are a closely knit group. That's great, but I've never had friends that were only science majors, or research coordinators, etc... Not sure I'd fit into that narrative.

I wonder how incestuous it is lol.

Just got word that 6 people in last year's entering class were from my undergrad. Wowza!

haha wow that's crazy dude. and honestly all of that should definitely play a part in your decision as well. I'm very much the same way so I can understand where you're coming from.

Also, what's the world record for SDN notifications received in 24 hours? I think I broke it

Reactions: 6 users
Members don't see this ad :)
They should delete those threads and let a mod remake them. @hellanutella would probably have to save those posts though...

They can transfer posts to a new thread if they merge threads for content and delete the stupid one.

Seriously that's so annoying.

Reactions: 1 users
Why did that even happen??
What did he/she do?
I was wondering if there might be a policy against "general members" creating those 20xx-20xxi school threads. If you look at previous years, I think they were all created by mods (GTLO, Ismet, etc). So maybe LJN got the banhammer for that? I notice that threads were pretty much only created by LJN for the schools LJN was applying to...

But I hope that's not the case. Poor guy/gal was just trynna be proactive. Either way, I hope that all of @hellanutella's hard work gets saved :/

Don't think I posted here yet, but I got into Temple! This was one of my top choices and I can hardly believe that I'm going there! YAY PHILLY!!!

Reactions: 18 users
Why did that even happen??

What did he/she do?

I was wondering if there might be a policy against "general members" creating those 20xx-20xxi school threads. If you look at previous years, I think they were all created by mods (GTLO, Ismet, etc). So maybe LJN got the banhammer for that? I notice that threads were pretty much only created by LJN for the schools LJN was applying to...

But I hope that's not the case. Poor guy/gal was just trynna be proactive. Either way, I hope that all of @hellanutella's hard work gets saved :/

I believe LJN Ltd was previously banned under other usernames.

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
Reactions: 1 user
All those school writeups are saved in my GoogleDoc, so no worries! However, the mix of banned vs. random icons in the SSD thread is really driving my OCD up the wall. It was much better when that thread was just a uniform string of Patricks.

Auuugggh, the mooper scooper *shakes fist*

Reactions: 9 users
All those school writeups are saved in my GoogleDoc, so no worries! However, the mix of banned vs. random icons in the SSD thread is really driving my OCD up the wall. It was much better when that thread was just a uniform string of Patricks.

Auuugggh, the mooper scooper *shakes fist*
You cool with me borrowing your doc's stuff for Northwestern?

EDIT: I FORGOT A WORD, ENGLISH IS HARD.

Last edited:
Poor moopey woopey. He was just tryna find wuv.

Wait I'm confused. What did moop do and why is it annoying?

He made a new account after being banned (speculative) and then made school specific threads for 2015-2016, was exposed as moop (supposedly), got banned again, and now the thread images for all the top schools in the 2015-2016 forum all are just the [BANNED] image which sucks.

For the record, there's no official policy on who can create SSD threads. We always did so as a courtesy to the users so that everything was ready for discussion when the forum opened for the new cycle. And certainly no user would be banned simply for creating those threads.

You cool with me borrowing your doc's stuff Northwestern?

Dude, this info does not belong to anyone, you're free to use it/add to it/edit it as you please! I merely maintain the GoogleDoc.

Though Wolv has a point about the citation format. Personally, I'm fond of CSE. ;) (Just put in a source for whatever info you add, be it "from interview day" or "trust me, I'm actually a student here"... as long as it isn't obtained from US News or MSAR).

He made a new account after being banned (speculative) and then made school specific threads for 2015-2016, was exposed as moop (supposedly), got banned again, and now the thread images for all the top schools in the 2015-2016 forum all are just the [BANNED] image which sucks.
thanks! :)

Congrats to @bluemachine on NYU!!!!!
image.jpg

Reactions: 6 users

thank you all so much for the kind wishes!!! i was on this thread earlier in the year, but after all my waitlists started to come down, i began to feel superstitious and avoided this thread cause i didnt feel like i belonged. but i cant believe what a long road its been, and its an honor to be a part of the great class of 2019! to those who are still waiting, hang in there! its been nearly 11 months since i submitted my amcas, and it is definitely worth the wait. we're all here rooting for you!!!

Reactions: 11 users
For the record, there's no official policy on who can create SSD threads. We always did so as a courtesy to the users so that everything was ready for discussion when the forum opened for the new cycle. And certainly no user would be banned simply for creating those threads.

got it... but can the Mods delete them so it looks better? Its weird to have multiple OPs esp with mr banned dude

Looks like it's already been done!

:ninja:

So the sub-forum might look a little crazy with a bunch of people making the threads instead of just a mod or two, but we opened the forum much earlier this year for the TMDSAS schools (since they can submit starting May 1) and didn't have the AMCAS schools done. We'll try to hammer them out quickly, but there are a lot of schools! :p

Reactions: 5 users
:ninja:

So the sub-forum might look a little crazy with a bunch of people making the threads instead of just a mod or two, but we opened the forum much earlier this year for the TMDSAS schools (since they can submit starting May 1) and didn't have the AMCAS schools done. We'll try to hammer them out quickly, but there are a lot of schools! :p
I am really digging the column of David Tennant.

Reactions: 3 users
Just wanted to jump in to say I finally chose, and I decided on HMS! I want to give a huge, huge thanks to @breakintheroof and everyone else who helped me make this decision. HMS' financial aid was ultimately about the same as Penn's, but ultimately being near family/my S/O was what sealed the deal. That said, turning down Penn was by far the hardest choice I had to make this cycle, and I am pretty bummed I won't get to be a part of such an amazing class (with break and @ProbablyAPenguin ).

Also, I want to thank everyone on this site for helping me through this ridiculously long year. There are some incredible superstars on this site (@FriendlyFH , @No Limits , and @hellanutella , plus those already mentioned in this post and many others that I can't think of right now), and seeing your success throughout the cycle has been nothing but inspirational...I'm glad to have done it with you! In the immortal words of Elle Woods, "We did it!!"

Reactions: 17 users
Just wanted to jump in to say I finally chose, and I decided on HMS! I want to give a huge, huge thanks to @breakintheroof and everyone else who helped me make this decision. HMS' financial aid was ultimately about the same as Penn's, but ultimately being near family/my S/O was what sealed the deal. That said, turning down Penn was by far the hardest choice I had to make this cycle, and I am pretty bummed I won't get to be a part of such an amazing class (with break and @ProbablyAPenguin ).

Also, I want to thank everyone on this site for helping me through this ridiculously long year. There are some incredible superstars on this site (@FriendlyFH , @No Limits , and @hellanutella , plus those already mentioned in this post and many others that I can't think of right now), and seeing your success throughout the cycle has been nothing but inspirational...I'm glad to have done it with you! In the immortal words of Elle Woods, "We did it!!"

Settling is hard, I get it. ;)

Reactions: 11 users
Anyone up for a which school should I pick post or should I make a thread?

I think I'm a bit late to this, but just receiving my financial aid award letter ... is anyone else scared of the mountain of debt? To be going from zero debt in undergrad to $200,000+ in debt for medical school ... :eek: :hungover:

Reactions: 7 users
I think I'm a bit late to this, but just receiving my financial aid award letter ... is anyone else scared of the mountain of debt? To be going from zero debt in undergrad to $200,000+ in debt for medical school ... :eek: :hungover:

It is terrifying. Mine is not quite over 200k but pretty close to that number. I do think it will be worth it, though. :)

Btw, I will be going to Cornell too. Congrats on your recent acceptance!

I'm scared mine will be over 300k lmao. I haven't seen an aid package yet but im worried.

Yes. Mine is crazy high. Ugh :(

UMASS!!!!

One of the above is unlike the others.

Jefferson would have been about 67k a year in loans. UMass is going to be 37K with better loans and a lower cost of living in that area. I kind of detest the idea of living in Worcester, but my debt will be like 170k vs almost 300k. It's a gigantic difference.

Reactions: 1 users