CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Especially when you're a dr and they are an assistant ;)

Totally! I don't think people realize how condescending it seems.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
When a girl around my age (in this case, younger than me) calls me "sweetie" or "honey" all the time.......it really makes me want to punch infants.

That is beyond annoying and rude. Drives me nuts

As much as I hate my ex, I still miss him and want to be with him. I wish I could stop feeling like this and move on. Because he clearly has.

As much as I hate my ex, I still miss him and want to be with him. I wish I could stop feeling like this and move on. Because he clearly has.

Abs, I miss you. :(

Come to Louisiana (heck let's meet in the middle somewhere!) and I'll take you on a date. Promise to treat you right. :)

My boss volunteered me to teach a vet, a PI, the farm manager and some others how to use the captive bolt gun. We're euthing two sheep. I had one wet lab and practiced on cadaver heads a few months ago...My only consolation is that I'm probably the most up to date on it but still. I can't decide if I'm terrified or really proud that he has that confidence in me...:scared:

My boss volunteered me to teach a vet, a PI, the farm manager and some others how to use the captive bolt gun. We're euthing two sheep. I had one wet lab and practiced on cadaver heads a few months ago...My only consolation is that I'm probably the most up to date on it but still. I can't decide if I'm terrified or really proud that he has that confidence in me...:scared:

Wow! You should definitely be proud!!!!!! Being terrified is understandable.

You'll rock it! :thumbup:

I feel your pain, and I'm sorry :( *hug* You're so close to school, and you won't have time to miss him. Focus on that.

Limited time photos of my leather jacket..... (please do not quote!) I am going to take them down in a hour or so as I don't like to keep photos of me on the internets.

tumblr_les6ujnCVO1qa0rwv.gif

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I worry that i'm not smart enough for the pre reqs let alone vet school, but I'm gonna try my ass off.

Confession......I pulled a string today, hanging from the shower ceiling. I was thinking that it switched the water from the handheld shower head to the overhead one......nope......it was the alarm.....:oops:

So I continue about my business since it apparently did nothing and the phone is ringing but I'm just ignoring it. Who would get out to answer the damn phone anyways lol. A couple of minutes later there's this banging on the door.....and I'm like wtf is going on.....and just as I'm leaving the bathroom to go answer it, this guy opens the door and is like "omg are you ok??". I'm just staring back not knowing what to do and finally say yeah, fine....and he tells me that I set off the alarm. Never would have thought.....so apparently I'm ******ed. :oops: :laugh:

He was pretty hot though. So it wasn't all bad, I suppose. :naughty:

I worry that i'm not smart enough for the pre reqs let alone vet school, but I'm gonna try my ass off.

No one is smart enough... we just fake it till we make it..... ;)

Confession......I pulled a string today, hanging from the shower ceiling. I was thinking that it switched the water from the handheld shower head to the overhead one......nope......it was the alarm.....:oops:

So I continue about my business since it apparently did nothing and the phone is ringing but I'm just ignoring it. Who would get out to answer the damn phone anyways lol. A couple of minutes later there's this banging on the door.....and I'm like wtf is going on.....and just as I'm leaving the bathroom to go answer it, this guy opens the door and is like "omg are you ok??". I'm just staring back not knowing what to do and finally say yeah, fine....and he tells me that I set off the alarm. Never would have thought.....so apparently I'm ******ed. :oops: :laugh:

Too funny.... at least the guy was hot! :laugh:

No one is smart enough... we just fake it till we make it..... ;)

Too funny.... at least the guy was hot! :laugh:

thank you :)

p.s. loved your jacket! i can't pull off leather, i tried once and it was comical.

I ignored a zooaide and wouldn't let her help me with cool stuff cause she called me "hon". She's literally half my age and I find it extremely rude and condescending when younger people call older individuals hon, sweetie or dear - no, stop it.

I do feel guilty but OMG it made me so angry.

Last edited:

I was the same way, do not doubt yourself ! Use this time to discover studying techniques and what works for you (which is essential for vet school from what I've told). If your heart is in it and you're dedicated you can do it!

Why is there an alarm in the shower?

Why is there an alarm in the shower?

In case you fall and can't get up? :shrug: :laugh:

I've never stayed in a 5-star business hotel, so I don't know if that's the norm or not. But it definitely seemed odd....normal for a senior's assisted-living home, sure....

I've spent upwards $500 this month on clothes and other non-essential items. :eek:

If only I didn't like shopping, but seriously, do I need another purse or shoes or faux taxidermied animal heads? No. Though, I'm so very pleased with those heads. I found an elephant and a deer head that are covered in a patchwork of colorful fabrics from India. I was in love. They were big and at a price point that I just couldn't refuse. Faux taxidermy can be rather costly if you didn't know.

At first I was like, yeah, I feel you. I really like to shop too. But then was like wait...what....WTF? Heh

The woman at check out had a similar reaction to my pretty animal heads. Sure, they're functionally useless wall hangings but....

That's HomeGoods for you. They frequently have weird ****. Awesome weird ****.

I ignored a zooaide and wouldn't let her help me with cool stuff cause she called me "hon". She's literally half my age and I find it extremely rude and condescending when younger people call older individuals hon, sweetie or dear - no, stop it.

I do feel guilty but OMG it made me so angry.

Yeah, if it's the Columbus Zoo, some of those kids are a bit strange. The ones that I worked around were either totally mute, hung on your heels like a puppy, or tried to level-up on their maturity. Then again, in terms of age, I was at the top, even for the interns. I was basically the same age as some of the newer zookeepers in my region and 4-7 years older than most of the other interns.

No one called me any annoying terms of endearment though. I usually get that from bus drivers, security guards, and waitresses.

"Oh sweetheart, did I forget your drink?"
"Yeah, sugar-tits, you did."

As an aside, sugar-tits and babycakes are great ToE's.

Yeah, if it's the Columbus Zoo, some of those kids are a bit strange. The ones that I worked around were either totally mute, hung on your heels like a puppy, or tried to level-up on their maturity. Then again, in terms of age, I was at the top, even for the interns. I was basically the same age as some of the newer zookeepers in my region and 4-7 years older than most of the other interns.

No one called me any annoying terms of endearment though. I usually get that from bus drivers, security guards, and waitresses.

"Oh sweetheart, did I forget your drink?"
"Yeah, sugar-tits, you did."

As an aside, sugar-tits and babycakes are great ToE's.

What region were you in? All the other zooaides were so awesome except for this one - she even bossed the other zooaides around as well as the interns.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I have yet to experience these things from older individuals - maybe its my natural 'angry' face. I was working out one day and someone came up to me looking all concerned and asked if I was okay cause my face just looked so 'angry'. Thanks :thumbup: great confidence booster right there:cool::rolleyes:

What region were you in? All the other zooaides were so awesome except for this one - she even bossed the other zooaides around as well as the interns.

:laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh: I have yet to experience these things from older individuals - maybe its my natural 'angry' face. I was working out one day and someone came up to me looking all concerned and asked if I was okay cause my face just looked so 'angry'. Thanks :thumbup: great confidence booster right there:cool::rolleyes:

North America, earlier this spring

Haha same! How come you left?

I accepted a full time internship closer to where I live that pays. The $50 a week stipend just couldn't compete. Even so I put in like 500 hours over 15 weeks.

That is much more awesome than what I pictured in my head when I read the original post! :laugh:

I accepted a full time internship closer to where I live that pays. The $50 a week stipend just couldn't compete. Even so I put in like 500 hours over 15 weeks.

Same, I couldnt afford it -- a couple keeper started getting a little mean as well. That didnt bug me too much, it was the lack of money to pay for gas to get to the zoo that did it. When did you leave?

Sitting on my couch for the next two hours and doing nothing except watch The Bachelorette Finale. No shame ;)

ME TOO! I like all the guys left, but I want to go after Juan Pablo :love:

I just finished off a bag of dark chocolate MMs, like the big bags. I've slowly been eating them over the past 3 weeks. However I just ate a bunch with the mentality that If i just eat these all now there wont be any left and I'll be free of my addiction.

Yeah umm :whistle:

The woman at check out had a similar reaction to my pretty animal heads. Sure, they're functionally useless wall hangings but....

That's HomeGoods for you. They frequently have weird ****. Awesome weird ****.

I bought a large cat statue/carving from them and when i was carrying it through the store I got some odd looks. Lol I would have bought both of those!

Same, I couldnt afford it -- a couple keeper started getting a little mean as well. That didnt bug me too much, it was the lack of money to pay for gas to get to the zoo that did it. When did you leave?

I think I left early June, apparently a few weeks before the baby pronghorns came in. :(