CONFESS here.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
:laugh:

Exploring DVMD's palate, one question at a time.

:laugh:

I like Mexican foods, spicy foods and Italian. No seafood, no pickles, no cucumbers, no avocado and no guacamole.

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
Put eggs in pot(works better if you do 6+ at a time, up to like 15), completely cover them with COLD water and add a pinch of salt(prevents cracked eggs from spilling out). Bring to JUST a boil, cover, turn off burner and let sit for 10-13 minutes(depending on how hard you like them, do not move the pot). Then run COLD water over eggs IN THE POT(put whole pot under faucet) for 2-5 minutes to completely cool eggs. Perfect eggs nearly everytime that are eazy-peazy to peel!

And that's exactly how I make them, I just never remember the steps :laugh:

Criminy. I put the eggs in water in a pot and turn the burner on. Boil for a while and done. WHY would you even need steps? That seems so dumb lol

INTJ, remember? I need rules and steps and stuff :D

Any of you like soft-boiled eggs? I can't ever get that **** right. But I keep trying...

Escalla, one of the best things about Canada is the dill pickle and ketchup chips. Mmm.

You don't have dill pickle chips? Weird, I would have thought I would notice something like that....

I bring bags and bags of ketchup chips and kinder surprise down for my friends every time I visit. :)

No, that is devyn. I like most foods. I just don't like certain things.

:laugh: Oh yeah
And that's exactly how I make them, I just never remember the steps :laugh:

INTJ, remember? I need rules and steps and stuff :D
Lol ENFP, and not marginal on anything. Fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. :laugh: Eggs?! Toss those bishes in some water! :D

Any of you like soft-boiled eggs? I can't ever get that **** right. But I keep trying...
I LOVE soft boiled eggs. Same steps are hard boiled I only leave them in the pot for about 5-7 minutes after brining to a boil. Perfection.

You don't have dill pickle chips? Weird, I would have thought I would notice something like that....

Nope! Although I want to say I saw them in the store this past summer and was like :O :O :O They're just so darn good.

Lol ENFP, and not marginal on anything. Fly by the seat of my pants kinda girl. :laugh: Eggs?! Toss those bishes in some water! :D

I was going to say, aren't we basically the opposite? :laugh: This is how my dad cooks though - no amounts, no specific ingredients, just go for it! Turns out amazing every time too, dammit.

Members don't see this ad :)

I bring bags and bags of ketchup chips and kinder surprise down for my friends every time I visit. :)

Lay's does make Dill Pickle chips, they're just not in every store...which saddens me. I love those things.

Ick.

I'm with fancy on that one...though not nearly as vocal about it. :laugh:

I kinda wanna poke her in the eyes every time she says EEEEWwwWWwwWWwWWww cilantrooooo!

Yeah, we get it. And it's not even a thing. Like, you are genetically predisposed to have cilantro taste like soap. Lots of people are.

Something something special cupcake something grumble.

Let's put this firmly on the list titles "Crap on the internet that should not bother be because it's silly."

I kinda wanna poke her in the eyes every time she says EEEEWwwWWwwWWwWWww cilantrooooo!

Yeah, we get it. And it's not even a thing. Like, you are genetically predisposed to have cilantro taste like soap. Lots of people are.

Something something special cupcake something grumble.

Let's put this firmly on the list titles "Crap on the internet that should not bother be because it's silly."

I do too and I even share the opinion. But she's not here, so there can be a post about it without the world ending. :cat:

LOL, I haven't seen that video in years. My old roommate and I used to quote it constantly, to the point that whenever we started planning something or making a list, we'd always start with "H'okay, so here's the earth." :laugh:

I don't LIKE weird, soft yolks. I always order my eggs scrambled or over hard too.

Oh man, I love soft gooey yokes. I order my eggs over easy and like it best when they're so runny there's still a solid possibility of contracting Salmonella. Sop it up with a warm piece of homemade bread and it is heaven.

Now I'm hungry.

Reactions: 1 user
Toad in a Hole: butter both sides of a piece of bread. Take a drinking glass and cut out the middle of the bread. Put both pieces in fry pan, crack egg into hole. Flip and cook egg however you like. YUM!

Oh man, I love soft gooey yokes. I order my eggs over easy and like it best when they're so runny there's still a solid possibility of contracting Salmonella. Sop it up with a warm piece of homemade bread and it is heaven.

Now I'm hungry.
Toad in a Hole: butter both sides of a piece of bread. Take a drinking glass and cut out the middle of the bread. Put both pieces in fry pan, crack egg into hole. Flip and cook egg however you like. YUM!
I thought that was like eggs in a basket or whatever.

Damnit, you guys. I have to wait another 7.5 hrs before I can go home and make myself some ooey gooey eggs.

(Toad in the hole is breakfast sausage in yorkshire pudding I think, but I know what you mean WS).

My mother and paternal grandparents immigrated from England, so I guess I have a bias......but toad in a hole is the best **** evar.

Try it one day. :)

(never had English bacon though....just Canadian and American)

According to google, toad in a hole is this:

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_in_the_hole

Ugh...

And egg in a basket is what WS described

http://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Egg_in_the_basket

But it's all about what you grew up calling stuff or first learned to call it, I reckon.

The real toad in a hole looks nasty anyway. Brit food. They do breakfast weird. Don't get me started on English bacon...

Yeah, umm, I like MY Toad in a Hole much better. The Brit thing looks gross.

(my parents always called the bread/egg thing Toad in a Hole, didn't know they were called something else)

British bacon= Ham...
American bacon= Real Bacon.

You can get American Bacon in the UK, it is called "streaky bacon" and it is awesoemness!

By the way, I think I will indulge in a bacon cheeseburger when I am home over Christmas Break. :)

British bacon= Ham...
American bacon= Real Bacon.

You can get American Bacon in the UK, it is called "streaky bacon" and it is awesoemness!

By the way, I think I will indulge in a bacon cheeseburger when I am home over Christmas Break. :)

Yes streaky bacon is the way to go.....

bacon over here is no bueno.... it is ham.... blech

Wait. Isn't that something that should always be in your fridge? :p

Probably...but I try not to buy it too often. You know, the whole globs and fat and piles of sodium being unhealthy thing.

Just spent like 2 hours playing Pokemon on an emulator instead of studying for finals...totally worth it.

Pokemon is always worth it. But you better have caught them all.

I often get comfortable enough under the heated blanket with notes and study material that not even the need of a drink or having to go pee can get me to move. I will wait it out as long as possible, cause I am lazy like that (or just trying to avoid the 30 degree environment in my flat because I refuse to turn on the heat, I can now see my breath while sitting inside my flat:cold::coldfeet:).

Just spent like 2 hours playing Pokemon on an emulator instead of studying for finals...totally worth it.
And now so will I this afternoon :D I LOVED pokemon snap when I had my n64.

And now so will I this afternoon :D I LOVED pokemon snap when I had my n64.
Same. I think it was...sophomore year? in undergrad, my friend group played through Pokemon Snap, passing the controller around for each level. One guy got dubbed an "ACTION photographer"--aka he kept moving and never bothered to aim. :laugh:

Trying to finish this lit review on the impacts of SGARs on non-target wildlife species and all I can think about is watching all the anime (thanks to my new subscription to Crunchyroll). Scumbag brain.