CSU c/o 2019 applicants, where y'at?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I applied to Kansas, too!!!
Definitely one of my top-fav for OOS :) thanks for the pep-talk, really need it. 2 finals tomorrow back-to-back

Not a problem!! I was a bomb RA (if I can toot my own horn a little;)) and love pep talks. I've got two finals on Tuesday an hour apart, so I kind of feel you.

And maybe we'll be hearing from Kansas this week for the final set of invites!

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Not a problem!! I was a bomb RA (if I can toot my own horn a little;)) and love pep talks. I've got two finals on Tuesday an hour apart, so I kind of feel you.

And maybe we'll be hearing from Kansas this week for the final set of invites!
Let's hope so! Keeping fingers crossed. GOOD LUCK on your tests. Sucks how they have them planned so close together like this.

I don't envy you guys during this time... But I miss being in school!

Members don't see this ad :)
I just wanted to say how awesome you all are!

I really hope we hear good news soon.

Reactions: 2 users
Hiya!!!

I just wanted to ask how to check for status changes in the portal? I'm not exactly sure where it's under. But all of my stuff says "received" and "submitted"! Am I looking in the wrong place?! :/

Hiya!!!

I just wanted to ask how to check for status changes in the portal? I'm not exactly sure where it's under. But all of my stuff says "received" and "submitted"! Am I looking in the wrong place?! :/
It is possible you never got a status change. I didn't. We think that if you have a GPA over 3.4 you didn't get any notification. Hope this helps.

Hiya!!!

That's exactly the screen I'm looking at... Wouldn't know where else to look. Oh well, GPA > 3.4, so hope that is why

That's exactly the screen I'm looking at... Wouldn't know where else to look. Oh well, GPA > 3.4, so hope that is why
It would literally be just under your name at the very top of the screen, left-hand side. There's this big empty white space that I'm assuming gets filled with a link to a decision update. Again, you should only see something if you were included in the <3.4 gpa group. Everyone else will hear something mid to late December. Hope that helps!

Reactions: 1 users
Man I love how pumped you CSU hopefuls are this year! It makes me excited for you all! I think I heard the Friday of CSU's final's week which would be next week for you all. I hope they aren't late! I know they try to do it after CSU's finals so that those students don't have too much of a distraction during their tests.

Good luck ya'll! I hope you hear the news you want!

Reactions: 7 users
I can't believe how fast it's coming up- so surreal!! I have such butterflies! I wish everyone the best and thank you for sharing your inside scoops and personal backgrounds. It feels good to know so many people are in the same queasy boat!:xf: :love::barf:

Man I love how pumped you CSU hopefuls are this year! It makes me excited for you all! I think I heard the Friday of CSU's final's week which would be next week for you all. I hope they aren't late! I know they try to do it after CSU's finals so that those students don't have too much of a distraction during their tests.

Good luck ya'll! I hope you hear the news you want!

Oh man, that is really soon.

Good luck to all!!!!!!

I just found out the Oregon, wsu, and csu, all have people applying and accepted most times to all three schools. Just curious if anyone knows why these three have that commonality (then theres the rest if the schools)...

Also debating whether or not to contact Janet regarding Phase II since I haven't heard anything regarding duals... Just don't want to bug her too much lol!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Good luck to all!!!!!!

I just found out the Oregon, wsu, and csu, all have people applying and accepted most times to all three schools. Just curious if anyone knows why these three have that commonality ( the the rest if the schools)...

Also debating whether or not to contact Janet regarding Phase II since I haven't heard anything regarding duals... Just don't want to bug her too much lol!
You should take most things said about what people "know" regarding the application process with a grain of salt. People who apply to these three schools as a group most likely are from the west and want to stay close to home. Every school has its own process for selecting students. They don't call each other up and talk about the candidates. When someone has a stellar app, it is likely all three schools will look at them and these people have a high chance getting accepted to any and all schools applied to. Normal apps are put in each school's pool of possibilities and you have to hope there is something in there that will get you picked out of the pile.

The best thing you can do for yourself is to keep busy while you wait to hear news. You cannot know what the applicant pool holds this year and how you compare. You did all you could to make yourself stand out in the essay portions and that is that. If at first you don't succeed, do the reviews for schools that do that and think about what it is you need to do to make yourself an interesting person. A lot of the time it has nothing to do with grades or veterinary experience because the majority of applicants are similar in these areas, hence the word average you hear constantly in the "What are my chances?" thread. It is how you represent yourself as an individual and the life you've experienced that earns a closer look. That and make sure your LOR's are exemplary.

That is my opinion. You can take it with a grain of salt. :watching:

I just logged into my portal today and saw this:

Recent Activities
POSTING OF DECISIONS

Ummm..... What does this mean? Are we going to find out soon?!

I just logged into my portal today and saw this:

Recent Activities
POSTING OF DECISIONS

Ummm..... What does this mean? Are we going to find out soon?!

Read through the past few pages on this thread - we've been discussing the headlines for a few weeks now.

Weeeell I just checked the portal, and I've been put on the "alternate" list for the MPH dual program. They've forwarded my application to the regular DVM pool now.

Reactions: 5 users
Weeeell I just checked the portal, and I've been put on the "alternate" list for the MPH dual program. They've forwarded my application to the regular DVM pool now.
What congrats!!! Wheres mine? :(

Really itching to email them again..

I know people OOS got notices last week via phone. But I'm IS, not sure if that makes any difference.

Man it makes me really nervous that we don't get to interview. I am a much better applicant and come across more motivated in person than I do on paper. It's weird that they employ a 'holistic' view but don't get to know us through an interview.

Man it makes me really nervous that we don't get to interview. I am a much better applicant and come across more motivated in person than I do on paper. It's weird that they employ a 'holistic' view but don't get to know us through an interview.
I think they are adding interviews back next year.

@ameropean_chelsea Worst comes to worst you can get your MPH through the Colorado School of Public Health (joint program of CU, UNC, and CSU). It is only a 2 year program and then you could also establish residency! Or you could do the certificate in public health which is 1 year and it would show CSU you are committed to DVM/MPH when you apply next year (assuming of course you don't get in to the DVM program this year which I doubt will happen:)). I think their application is usually due in January...but just some thoughts! I finished my MPH in August from CSPH

For some reason i don't always get notifications from all my watched threads but i was also RETURN TO POOL. Super duper pumped and hopeful. GPA of 3.35- OOS (GA)

I think they are adding interviews back next year.

Oh my dog, if they did that, I would look soooo much better. Can you confirm this? That would make my christmas (assuming I don't get lovin from K-state).

Oh my dog, if they did that, I would look soooo much better. Can you confirm this? That would make my christmas (assuming I don't get lovin from K-state).
I heard when going over my transcripts with them...

Last edited:
Just got this via the portal... :(

"Application reviews for the DVM/PhD program have been completed. We regret that we cannot offer you a position in the combined DVM/PhD program this year. Your application will be automatically forwarded for review in the general DVM admissions process.

If you also applied to one of the combined program(s), you will be notified separately of the outcome of those program reviews. Your review in the regular pool will not be affected by the outcome of the review process for the DVM/PhD program. We hope to notify Nonsponsored and Colorado candidates of the outcome of the general admissions process for the DVM Program by late December. WICHE candidates will be notified in mid-January. Please be sure to keep your contact information updated and feel free to keep in contact with our office. Please forward any questions you have to [email protected]."

Hey don't be sad! You are still in the running!

CSU, Illinois (IS), Mizzou, Louisiana, Minnesota

Almost there.... I'm hoping next week is the week for CSU.

Reactions: 3 users
I just sent the admissions office an email about it. I have a GPA of 3.59 so I am sure something would have shown up by now. I will keep you posted.:)
Did you ever hear back anything?

Did you ever hear back anything?
Yes I did! They said that everything looked good and they couldn't see any issues on their end. I felt much better after hearing that. Now I am just playing the waiting game.

So, I feel like I real dum-dum asking this at t-minus 5 days till we get decisions, but should we have been updating CSU with veterinary/ animal hours accumulated since applying?

So, I feel like I real dum-dum asking this at t-minus 5 days till we get decisions, but should we have been updating CSU with veterinary/ animal hours accumulated since applying?
They don't accept any changes to the app after submission.

You're right. Also here's the latest intel from Janet.

Thank you for your application to our DVM Program. Unfortunately, per our policy, we are not able to make updates to a submitted application. We are planning to post decisions ~12/22. Please continue checking your portal status page for information.

Best Regards,

Janet

Reactions: 3 users
Thank you for your application to our DVM Program. Unfortunately, per our policy, we are not able to make updates to a submitted application. We are planning to post decisions ~12/22. Please continue checking your portal status page for information.

Best Regards,

Janet

so that means we have to wait 8 days instead of 5?!?! :nailbiting: