CSUDH Discussion

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Sorry, I meant email.* I called Patty to make sure and she said that it was a legit letter from the department (it was sent by her). Looking at patterns from the past, I found that they tend to send rejections letters in late November.

Members don't see this ad.

Sorry, I meant email.* I called Patty to make sure and she said that it was a legit letter from the department (it was sent by her). Looking at patterns from the past, I found that they tend to send rejections letters in late November.

Congrats!!
Was wondering if you could post your stats for the rest of us waiting. :)

Congrats!!
Was wondering if you could post your stats for the rest of us waiting. :)

Sure!

GPA: 3.75, Major GPA: 3.97 Health Sciences
Pre-Req: All As, one B in Anatomy
GRE: Quant: 150 Verb: 152 Writing: 5
Hours: thousands of volunteer/intern hours at 4 OT sites. (Low income, Peds, Neuro, and Orthopedic)
Worked at several health service sites, including geriatrics and as a disabilities children's aide for 5-6 years during undergrad.

Letters of Rec: 1 OT, 1 Employer (CEO), 1 professor (Anatomy)

I am very happy they take everything into consideration. This was the only school I applied to after graduating from my undergrad.

I was super scared that my B in Anatomy would strongly count against me, since they stress getting As in Anatomy and Physiology. Good thing my Anatomy professor really liked me and agreed to write a good review letter for me.

Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
I just got my acceptance letter via email today! Still waiting on the hard letter via snail mail. Anyone else got accepted? Eager to meet my cohorts!

Reactions: 1 user
I just got my acceptance letter too!!! Still waiting for hard copy as well :) Congrats @OTYoga! I literally jumped for joy when I found out haha

Does anyone know how housing works?? I'm aware we have to apply for housing but will there be any campus housing available before we start in January?! I'm looking for roommates too, preferably in the OT program as well. Any current or graduated students, please let me know thank you :)

Woohooo! Congrats everyone. I'm eager to meet you all Cohort 13. I just got my acceptance email also from Patty around lunch time. So excited!!!

Reactions: 1 users
Congratulations for those that got in :happy:! I am anxiously waiting for their reply .. For those that were admitted, when did you all submit your applications?

Congratulations for those that got in :happy:! I am anxiously waiting for their reply .. For those that were admitted, when did you all submit your applications?

I applied around Aug 26 and got a confirmation email that they received it in Aug 31st. But I also know someone who turned in their application the day before but got accepted for this cycle.

Just hang tight! :)

I applied around Aug 26 and got a confirmation email that they received it in Aug 31st. But I also know someone who turned in their application the day before but got accepted for this cycle.

Just hang tight! :)

Oh okay, thanks! :)

I received my acceptance letter via email yesterday as well!! Sent in my confirmation letter today :) So excited!!!! :)

Has anyone received or applied for any sort of loans or financial aid? Any info, especially from current or previous cohorts would greatly be appreciated!

I submitted mine September 9th! :) good luck!!

Members don't see this ad :)
Congratulations to all those accepted. Does it say your accepted on the csudh website? Also, do any of you have an idea as to when they stop sending acceptances. It seems like a lot of people have already received decisions while i havent, makes me think maybe i didnt get accepted :(.

Congratulations to all those accepted. Does it say your accepted on the csudh website? Also, do any of you have an idea as to when they stop sending acceptances. It seems like a lot of people have already received decisions while i havent, makes me think maybe i didnt get accepted :(.

I just checked on my csudh, and my status hasn't changed yet - it still says that my app is referred to the department for review and there isn't anything to accept under admission. Maybe it will change once they receive my deposit. I believe they're sending acceptances until Thanksgiving. Based on last year, it seems like people still got acceptances in November, so it doesn't seem like they would send acceptances all at once. Don't lose hope yet! Best of luck to you and I hope you hear back from them soon! :)

I just mailed my confirmation letter! :) I think they recently updated their website today because I now have access to it as a current student.

Update! My status just changed to "officially admitted to university" on the csudh website.

If anyone gets the email/letter for the next step they talked about in the acceptance letter, could they let us know ?? Thanks! :)

Hey guys! I was also admitted into CSUDH and finally decided to make an account! :happy:

I was wondering if you guys have anything under the Accept/Decline Admissions tab? For me, it says "You have no applications for admission. Contact the Office of Admissions if you need further assistance." Thanks!

Does anyone know how housing works?? I'm aware we have to apply for housing but will there be any campus housing available before we start in January?! I'm looking for roommates too, preferably in the OT program as well. Any current or graduated students, please let me know thank you :)

I am also wondering how housing works. But from the looks of it, it seems like we would move in on Jan. 18th. But we start on the 17th so I'm not sure how that would work...

I'm looking for roommates as well, so whether it be student housing or a nearby apartment, let me know! :)

I am also wondering how housing works. But from the looks of it, it seems like we would move in on Jan. 18th. But we start on the 17th so I'm not sure how that would work...

I'm looking for roommates as well, so whether it be student housing or a nearby apartment, let me know! :)
I'm looking for roommates too! :)

Hey guys! I was also admitted into CSUDH and finally decided to make an account! :happy:

I was wondering if you guys have anything under the Accept/Decline Admissions tab? For me, it says "You have no applications for admission. Contact the Office of Admissions if you need further assistance." Thanks!

I called the office and they said it's normal. If you turned in your confirmation form, it should show in the application status tab that you are now admitted into the university and can enroll.

Should take about a week for everything to show up in your portal. That's what the admissions office told me. If not, call in.

Has anyone received or applied for any sort of loans or financial aid? Any info, especially from current or previous cohorts would greatly be appreciated!

I was also wondering the same thing too. I applied for fafsa and it said I would qualify for loans that would pay for up to 3/5 semesters at CSUDH. Planning to visit their financial aid office to see if I qualify for any grants or scholarships.

Hi!

I just sent in my confirmation form yesterday! Can't wait to meet you all!
I'm looking for roommates as well! I wonder if, since we do start on the 17th, they will let us move in early? I would hope so at least... But I'm open to living anywhere!:rofl:

Should we create a Facebook group for our cohort? And then maybe we can discuss the housing situation more in detail through Facebook message!
Do you know if they've sent out all of the acceptances already? Or do u have any insight into the process? Im still waiting for a decision

Hi!

I just sent in my confirmation form yesterday! Can't wait to meet you all!
I'm looking for roommates as well! I wonder if, since we do start on the 17th, they will let us move in early? I would hope so at least... But I'm open to living anywhere!:rofl:

On the housing information, it states that all CSUDH students move in on the 18th, so I'm not sure if there is an exception for us :shrug:

Should we create a Facebook group for our cohort? And then maybe we can discuss the housing situation more in detail through Facebook message!

We should! All the therapists (graduates of CSUDH) I've worked with told me that we will be seeing our classmates more than our families b/c of how time consuming the program is. Hence, we should support each other.

Do you know if they've sent out all of the acceptances already? Or do u have any insight into the process? Im still waiting for a decision

Hmm, I'm not sure if they sent out all the acceptances yet. But I think they send them up until the end of November? At least that seemed to be the case for previous years. When they received my application, they sent me an email stating that acceptances are expected in late November so I wouldn't lose hope!

I was told through email that they would let us know until late November.

did anyone get a chance to make an FB group yet? :oops:

Last edited:
did anyone get a chance to make an FB group yet? :oops:

TheOTdream is trying to make one. I am waiting for her to add me in, because he/she needs to add one person to make it into a group.

As a heads up, you'll have a facebook group created for your entire cohort once all acceptances have been sent out (and confirmations have been turned in). This connects older cohorts to the new ones :) Feel free to make your own, but you'll get an 'official' one as well. Congrats to those accepted. Can't wait to meet you all in January!

I struggled with this when I was starting as well. Feel free to PM me with any questions you have. It can be confusing and overwhelming, but I feel like I have a decent handle on it :)
-current CSUDH C12 student

I am new to this site, but applied for the Spring 2017 cohort. I see some people got accepted a few weeks ago.
Has anyone been accepted recently or gotten any other communication from CSUDH OT, ie. wait listed, rejected?

Thanks for any info.

Side note - It seems some people like to use stats as a gauge for acceptance/rejection, so I will post mine below. I think I land right around the middle of the pool, which isn't the best place to be.

Business Major/concentration in finance
Cum. GPA: 3.53, Prereq. GPA: 3.88
GRE: Quant: 149 Verb: 150 Writing: 4

What makes me anxious: I took the summer OT course at CSUDH and I feel that might not be enough fieldwork experience even though I got an "A" and a really good LOR from the professor. I have lots of work experience, but not focused in the OT field.
Letters of Rec: 1 OT, 1 Professional, 1 professor from OT course

Waiting is brutal!

Last edited:
Also new to this site. I know a number of people were accepted a couple of weeks ago and that's when I lost complete hope: however, I got a call from Patty yesterday asking me a question about one of my transcripts. Apparently they're not done completing the cohort until late November! Ah! I'm trying to think that call was something positive for me! But I'm trying to be realistic, just in case I get rejected it won't sting as bad, ha.

Also new to this site. I know a number of people were accepted a couple of weeks ago and that's when I lost complete hope: however, I got a call from Patty yesterday asking me a question about one of my transcripts. Apparently they're not done completing the cohort until late November! Ah! I'm trying to think that call was something positive for me! But I'm trying to be realistic, just in case I get rejected it won't sting as bad, ha.
Good Luck yikesjess! Do you mind posting your stats? Just curious, to see if I even have a chance - I haven't gotten any calls.
I haven't seen any new acceptances on this site, so I thought the admission process was complete. Hoping for the best.

Good Luck yikesjess! Do you mind posting your stats? Just curious, to see if I even have a chance - I haven't gotten any calls.
I haven't seen any new acceptances on this site, so I thought the admission process was complete. Hoping for the best.
Sure no problem!
Major: Human Development CSULB
GPA: 3.56. Pre-req:4.0
GRE verbal 149 quant 144 writing 4.5 (I'm not good with standardized tests)
Hours: 170 pediatrics 40 inpatient pediatiatrics
3 very good letters of rec: 1 professor, 1 OT, 1 professional
I also took OTR 410 two summers ago and threw in my personal statement in the application packet. I don't know if they actually read it, but I hope they do! My GRE scores aren't the best but I hope they look at everything holistically.
Good luck to us both!!!!!! You have better GRE scores so hopefully we both get that anticipated email!!

Sure no problem!
Major: Human Development CSULB
GPA: 3.56. Pre-req:4.0
GRE verbal 149 quant 144 writing 4.5 (I'm not good with standardized tests)
Hours: 170 pediatrics 40 inpatient pediatiatrics
3 very good letters of rec: 1 professor, 1 OT, 1 professional
I also took OTR 410 two summers ago and threw in my personal statement in the application packet. I don't know if they actually read it, but I hope they do! My GRE scores aren't the best but I hope they look at everything holistically.
Good luck to us both!!!!!! You have better GRE scores so hopefully we both get that anticipated email!!

Thanks. Yes, I hope we both hear good news soon.

Hello everyone! Congrats to all who have been accepted! I've been reading this forum and have just become more and more anxious with each passing day.
I applied way back when applications opened and have not heard anything besides the fact that my app was received.

Here are my stats:
BS in Kinesiology: Pre-OT (Fresno Pacific University)
Cumulative GPA: 3.93 (All A's except a B+ in Physiology)
GRE: 150 Verbal, 146 Quant, 4.0 writing (I wish I would have retaken this, but never had the time/money)
100 observation hours (50 in adult rehab and 50 in outpatient pediatrics)
1 letter from OT, 1 letter from professor, 1 letter from head of my department. I believe my letters and personal statement are very strong.

I just wanted to join because I wanted to connect with people who are in the same boat as I am and get advice for the future! What did you guys do if you didn't accepted? I'm not sure if it is worth it to wait another year to reapply :/ Also, any advice to strengthen the application besides higher test scores? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

Hello everyone! Congrats to all who have been accepted! I've been reading this forum and have just become more and more anxious with each passing day.
I applied way back when applications opened and have not heard anything besides the fact that my app was received.

Here are my stats:
GRE: 150 Verbal, 146 Quant, 4.0 writing (I wish I would have retaken this, but never had the time/money)
1 letter from OT, 1 letter from professor, 1 letter from head of my department. I believe my letters and personal statement are very strong.

I just wanted to join because I wanted to connect with people who are in the same boat as I am and get advice for the future! What did you guys do if you didn't accepted? I'm not sure if it is worth it to wait another year to reapply :/ Also, any advice to strengthen the application besides higher test scores? Thanks and good luck to everyone!

I will apply to other OT schools and also improve my GRE scores and volunteer hours. CSUDH is very attractive to me because of the price and quality of the degree, but if I don't get accepted I will apply again next year, but only if I haven't been accepted somewhere else.

I think you should keep applying OT schools that interest you. Your stats are very good and I think you will be accepted somewhere.

Last edited:

Here are my stats:

I'm going to do the same as @T1m15c00l. I'm applying to out of state schools (most don't require the GRE) But while I wait for decisions I'm going to keep on studying for the GRE. As I mentioned before, me and standardized tests don't get along. I'm also going to volunteer at other sites to get more hours. If I have to apply next year, hopefully I'll be more attractive to admissions committee. Good luck to you and hopefully we won't have to apply next year.

I also got a call about three weeks ago that they did not receive one of my transcripts! I actually turned in a physical copy that day and did not hear anything back or had any status changes online (except for that my file was now complete). I called them last week and apparently the OT department did not receive my transcripts from the university and they will go check up on that. I would recommend checking back with them if you do not hear anything from them or have any updates!!

Good luck to everyone, there is still hope :)

I am pretty amazed that no one on this site has heard anything from CSUDH since 10/14.

My theory is that CSUDH is sending acceptances every week (my guess is 10 - 15 per week) until they fill the class. I heard the acceptance emails have deadlines, so if an applicant declines, CSUDH just sends one more acceptance letter and so on. If you don't hear anything from CSUDH and 11/17 passes, you will probably get unwanted postal mail from CSUDH :( ...just my opinion.

I am pretty amazed that no one on this site has heard anything from CSUDH since 10/14.

My theory is that CSUDH is sending acceptances every week (my guess is 10 - 15 per week) until they fill the class. I heard the acceptance emails have deadlines, so if an applicant declines, CSUDH just sends one more acceptance letter and so on. If you don't hear anything from CSUDH and 11/17 passes, you will probably get unwanted postal mail from CSUDH :( ...just my opinion.

Based on what you've said and being an accepted student myself, I believe your theory's correct. So far, there are 19 people in our facebook group, so they are sending maybe 20 at a time. I think the reason why no one has heard anything yet is because accepted students have had until October 28th (2 weeks after acceptance date) to send in their response/deposit. So most likely, they probably haven't sent anything out since the 14th. The next wave of acceptances should happen soon if this is true. There's still many spots open, so hang in there!