Edward Via - Carolinas (VCOM-CC) Discussion Thread 2014 - 2015

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Hah no problem. I'll PM you some advice. (PM=Personal Message, you'll see a notification) I just want to keep my identity anonymous.

Please pm me as well

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
@peanut91mm @PreMed9242 @Tigre22 @MarkRobinson1668
I was giving very specific advice to the last person. I don't feel confident enough to go in-depth about solely VCOM, especially in aspects like rotations as I too am learning as much as possible about them. It's a very tough thing to learn about a school from the outside, you know?

@The_Forever_Student offered to lend some advice awhile back, perhaps he can be of better help.

How long did it take you guys to receive your VCOM email after getting the tuition sent/background check cleared. I'm coming close to 3 weeks now.

How long did it take you guys to receive your VCOM email after getting the tuition sent/background check cleared. I'm coming close to 3 weeks now.

It took me about 2-4 weeks. I remember starting to think "Gosh, where is that?"

Hey guys, new to this thread but wondering if someone could answer my question. I haven't had time to look back at at all the posts so this may have been answered all ready. Does the school call to let you know you're rejected pre-interview? I just received a missed call and VM asking them to call back. I've been at work all day and was just able to call back but no one picked up. I'm just trying to figure out if there's any hope they might be calling to offer an II lol

Hey guys, new to this thread but wondering if someone could answer my question. I haven't had time to look back at at all the posts so this may have been answered all ready. Does the school call to let you know you're rejected pre-interview? I just received a missed call and VM asking them to call back. I've been at work all day and was just able to call back but no one picked up. I'm just trying to figure out if there's any hope they might be calling to offer an II lol

If it helps any, the way they set up the interview is by calling you.

Reactions: 1 user
Thanks! They ended up offering me an interview invite (on April 6th) for the alternate list essentially. Much better than a rejection call lol. But not sure if I'll drive/ fly down for it, at this point I'm not sure if it's financially worth it. I love the school but I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple other interviews. Congrats to everyone else who has already been accepted!

Thanks! They ended up offering me an interview invite (on April 6th) for the alternate list essentially. Much better than a rejection call lol. But not sure if I'll drive/ fly down for it, at this point I'm not sure if it's financially worth it. I love the school but I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple other interviews. Congrats to everyone else who has already been accepted!

Did they tell you it was for the alternate list?

Did they tell you it was for the alternate list?
They did, they asked if I would be interested in interviewing for a spot on the alternate list. They said they may have spots open up, but right now it's mainly for an alternate spot. However they did say in the past they have had rollovers from the alternate list occur too.

Members don't see this ad :)
They did, they asked if I would be interested in interviewing for a spot on the alternate list. They said they may have spots open up, but right now it's mainly for an alternate spot. However they did say in the past they have had roll over from the alternate list occur too.

I have an interview for April 1st that I don't think is for the alternate list so your interview day might be the earliest one.

I have an interview for April 1st that I don't think is for the alternate list so your interview day might be the earliest one.
Hey! Just so you know all the spots are filled as of this week according to admissions

Thanks! Hmmm, now I'm not sure I'm gonna go lol.

If you decide not to go, may I ask that you cancel your interview ASAP. I know there are many people out there, myself included, that would love the opportunity to check out VCOM. Best of luck with your cycle!

Reactions: 1 users

Can I ask when your secondaries were submitted?

Can I ask when your secondaries were submitted?
Sure no problem! Back in late November ( around the 20th I believe). I was really surprised when I heard from the school the other day with it being so late in the cycle.

Has anyone on this thread been accepted off the wait list? Going down to interview (in a few days) for a spot on the list essentially and just trying to gauge whether or not they've already gone through the bulk of their wait list movement.
Just trying to keep my hopes up lol. Thanks!

Has anyone on this thread been accepted off the wait list? Going down to interview (in a few days) for a spot on the list essentially and just trying to gauge whether or not they've already gone through the bulk of their wait list movement.
Just trying to keep my hopes up lol. Thanks!

I asked them a couple days ago and they said they still had a few spots left, it was just very, very few. So, there's still hope! Didn't hear anything about the wait list though.

I asked them a couple days ago and they said they still had a few spots left, it was just very, very few. So, there's still hope! Didn't hear anything about the wait list though.
That's awesome! Good to hear there are still spots, hoping to get off the waitlist.

Did they say when they would be meeting to decide?

How soon after they meet do people typically hear?
I just interviewed a couple days ago and they said we would hear back by the end of the week! So I'm assuming you guys will hear by then also.

Last edited:
Waitlisted this morning. Hoping to hear some good news soon. Anyone have any ideas about movement?

Wait listed this morning too. Definitely better than a rejection but hoping for some movement soon lol. Whitney said movement could occur around the beginning of May. She also said that they do rank their list and would let us know if we were close to the top in May also.

Wait listed this morning too. Definitely better than a rejection but hoping for some movement soon lol. Whitney said movement could occur around the beginning of May. She also said that they do rank their list and would let us know if we were close to the top in May also.

That's awesome that they'll give us an idea of where we stand!

Interview invite earlier in the week. Does anyone know how full their class is currently? Has there been much WL movement?

Has anyone in the recent interview groups heard back from the admissions staff yet?

Any wait list movement so far? I think next week is when they said they'll let us know if were on the top of the wait list. Hopefully they've got a good number of spots to give out!

Any wait list movement so far? I think next week is when they said they'll let us know if were on the top of the wait list. Hopefully they've got a good number of spots to give out!

Emailed Megan yesterday and was told there hasn't been much movement so far.

Anyone who got wait listed, did they also state to let them know if you wanted to add your name to the wait list at the other 2 campuses?

Someone on the VC forum said last year they never heard their placement on the waitlist. Im wondering if they're going to send an email or not. Has anyone else heard anything?

We heard they only tell you if you are in the top 5.

pulled off waitlist 5/14!! They never informed me that I was in the top 5 beforehand just an FYI

Last edited:
Reactions: 1 users
Quick question to those that have been accepted or current students:
When is the soonest we can file for and possibly obtain our financial aid? If orientation is at the end of July I would like to be able to move to Spartanburg in June. As the poor college student I am, I don't exactly have the funds to make the transition without financial aid. (Still paying rent in hometown)
Maybe some current students would be able to give us some insight into the realistic timeline?

Did you ever receive an answer to this?

In the same boat. :(

Did you ever receive an answer to this?

In the same boat. :(

From talking to some current students in the facebook page, they process financial aid in June. Soon we will receive an email with the amount and for us to select to accept it or not. However the students said we do not receive the disbursement until the first week of classes (some people say the first day, some say within the first week, not an exact date on this).