FlexMed 2014

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Do we know when next week we hear back? Only a couple days away.
They said sometime during the first week of June so I'm guessing 6/2~6/6.

Members don't see this ad.

Do we know when next week we hear back? Only a couple days away.
I believe it was June 2nd...Monday. Can someone confirm that? I know that during the interviews they said first week of June, but the application and website and stuff says June 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hm, June 2nd. Thanks for the link! Hopefully they'll send all the acceptances/rejections at once, and on June 2nd just to not keep people waiting. Is anyone else preparing for the MCAT in the mean time? I've been really slow about it since of this FLEXMED possibility... but I know I should just prepare as if I didn't get in (since the acceptance rate is low).

I am hoping that we hear back by tomorrow, because this has been on my mind for so long and it's starting to stress me out, especially because many of my summer plans depend on it. Also since we heard back about interviews on a Friday, I am thinking there is a chance we might.

I hope you guys aren't stressing as much as me :arghh:

No, I did not send any new materials post interview.

Anyone want to take a stab at interpreting this statement (see below) made during interview, it would be greatly appreciated.

"I just want to tell you that even if this program doesn't work out, I can still picture you sitting in this chair in your future."

While I agree the interviewer didn't know your flexmed acceptance status at the time, I think s/he was trying to say that if FlexMed doesn't work out, s/he can still see you getting an interview to Sinai through regular cycle.

Any applicants of non-traditional age out there? i.e. not the typical 19 or 20 year old Sophomore

I am hoping that we hear back by tomorrow, because this has been on my mind for so long and it's starting to stress me out, especially because many of my summer plans depend on it. Also since we heard back about interviews on a Friday, I am thinking there is a chance we might.

I hope you guys aren't stressing as much as me :arghh:
Just FYI, I heard back about interviews on a Monday, so I wouldn't count on that. If that somehow happened, it would be amazing, but I'm pretty sure it won't be the case.

They said there was no chance of hearing back before June during my interview day :confused:

I bet they already know who they're taking though.

Reactions: 1 users
No, I did not send any new materials post interview.

Anyone want to take a stab at interpreting this statement (see below) made during interview, it would be greatly appreciated.

"I just want to tell you that even if this program doesn't work out, I can still picture you sitting in this chair in your future."

Some kid told me during the tour that his interviewer said "good luck on the MCAT" when they were finishing up. At least you didn't get that hahah

Members don't see this ad :)
Thus begins the obsessive refreshing.

Reactions: 1 user
Today is a Sunday, so it may be unlikely that acceptances are released today. I am guessing tomorrow.

Reactions: 2 users
They said the website is outdated and they're going to try to release decisions during the first week of June.

I know they won't come today yet I can't stop checking my email.

They said the website is outdated and they're going to try to release decisions during the first week of June.

Did you ask them recently and that is what they replied? I know they said they'll try to release during the first week of June during out interviews, but they never said the website was outdated.

Did you ask them recently and that is what they replied? I know they said they'll try to release during the first week of June during out interviews, but they never said the website was outdated.
Phone call.

I can confirm what @choyphin writes in this particular post is the case for me, too, and my friend. Meaning, they (administrators) told us both the exact same thing during the interview (me) and via telephone (friend) at some point. I am not sure about the website being out of date, but they will try to inform us all during the first week of June.
:boom:

It could be a move of practicality, in effect, but I am not sure.

Last edited:
I interviewed for SciMed last year. PM me if you're interested in talking about it.

Good luck today, everyone!

Reactions: 2 users
Rejected. Congrats to everyone else. This program was all I've ever wanted, and had been tracking it since a junior in high school. Everything is meant to be and everything has a purpose. I hope everyone enjoys the program and all the best!!

Well apparently they have a waitlist going, because I'm on it. More waiting--woo hoo!

Rejected. Just to echo @AnelT 's comment, congratulations to everyone else. "Everything is meant to be and everything has a purpose." I wish everyone all the best!

Would one of you accepted guys mind telling me what date it says you need to accept by? Is it July 1? And congrats to you all by the way!

I didn't make it either, but congratulations to all who made it! Time to buckle down and study for the MCAT.

Would one of you accepted guys mind telling me what date it says you need to accept by? Is it July 1? And congrats to you all by the way!

Yes! The email says we'll need to reply by July 1st if that's any help. I'm from UT Austin @Purplownz also.

Yes! The email says we'll need to reply by July 1st if that's any help. I'm from UT Austin @Purplownz also.
I'm sure more than one person from UT Austin interviewed but I interviewed with someone from there! Are you a biomedical engineer by any chance?

Columbia. Looks like they took a diverse group of people

For future applicants would you guys mind saying what school you go to?