FlexMed 2016

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
@premedmarathoner Don't give up! BUT if we don't get an invitation, we can still apply in a year and a half through the regular admission process. Right now, Icahn is definitely in my top 10 med schools, and if I don't get in through FlexMed, I plan to take the MCAT and reapply. What's your plan if you don't get an invitation?

Members don't see this ad.

@premedmarathoner Don't give up! BUT if we don't get an invitation, we can still apply in a year and a half through the regular admission process. Right now, Icahn is definitely in my top 10 med schools, and if I don't get in through FlexMed, I plan to take the MCAT and reapply. What's your plan if you don't get an invitation?
Probably the same. I will definitely apply through the normal admission cycle as well, and apply to a bunch of other schools that have MD/MPH programs since that's what I want to do

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
The associate dean of admissions said that they are still going through applications and all the interview invites should go out in the next 2 weeks

The associate dean of admissions said that they are still going through applications and all the interview invites should go out in the next 2 weeks
Did you speak to her directly, or is this what you've heard?

I received an invite today. I am double in humanities and biological sciences but I listed myself as humanities since the drop down menu in the application only allowed selecting one.

It seems like many of you received an invitation email first thing in the morning. Personally, I received my invite around noon so in a given day, don't lose hope if don't get an invite first thing in the morning. It might still be coming.

I only had one week available in the interview tab for selecting an interview date. My application status still says application complete, not at screening or screening complete.

Best of luck to everyone!

Reactions: 1 users
I received an invite today. I am double in humanities and biological sciences but I listed myself as humanities since the drop down menu in the application only allowed selecting one.

It seems like many of you received an invitation email first thing in the morning. Personally, I received my invite around noon so in a given day, don't lose hope if don't get an invite first thing in the morning. It might still be coming.

I only had one week available in the interview tab for selecting an interview date. My application status still says application complete, not at screening or screening complete.

Best of luck to everyone!
Congratulations!!!!!
what week is your interview? Around april or may?

Does anyone know what the interviews are like? What they ask about? I'm assuming a good portion of it will be about your education plan. Maybe anyone who got in last year can comment about this? Or what do you guys think?

Congrats to everyone who has gotten an interview though!! Sending lots of love and good luck your way!

I mean there's still two weeks left for interview notifications!

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm just really anxious.. And I go to a public school so im not sure how that exactly looks. But yes, we're in this together-- two more weeks! My birthday is coming up so this could be really amazing or... Really not haha. Where is everyone from!?

It's only march 11 and they said that they give interview invites all the way until the end of march. They only started giving interviews around Feb. ~20 (based on the first person getting an interview on this thread). Given that, the window for interviews is from ~Feb 20 to the end of March. As it's only March 11, we are only half way through this window so there is still a lot of time left!

Reactions: 2 users
I e-mailed the lady that has been in contact with me in the admissions office. She says, they are currently reviewing apps and invitations will be sent out on a rolling basis. Interviews are from Mar-May

@callmedoc14 what do you mean by feedback?

i mean if anyone else has heard from admissions / gotten feedback from admissions committee members they may have already been in contact with, since lots of members have been posting about conversations in emails over a period of time! I haven't heard from admissions since mid-january

Congrats to everyone who has gotten interviews! I haven't heard back yet :(

Just out of curiosity to those of you who have not received an interview invite yet: when you click the status button on the application, does the list read, "...Spring Grades: Complete" or "...Spring Grades: Incomplete." Mine is showing as complete, so I'm wondering if that indicates that my application has been reviewed and they have decided not to interview me--they don't need my transcript this spring if they aren't considering me anymore.

I think that must be a mistake. How can they mark it as complete if they dont even have it yet?

Just out of curiosity to those of you who have not received an interview invite yet: when you click the status button on the application, does the list read, "...Spring Grades: Complete" or "...Spring Grades: Incomplete." Mine is showing as complete, so I'm wondering if that indicates that my application has been reviewed and they have decided not to interview me--they don't need my transcript this spring if they aren't considering me anymore.

Mine says incomplete still...that's pretty odd?

I wonder if it isn't some sort of technical screw up. I feel like they've been having issues updating transcripts to begin with.

I think they are not really fastidious with the way they update the front end of applications. Mine still says 92% complete (where the bar is) even though it is complete and I received an interview invitation. I wouldn't try to surmise too much, if anything, from the application status. If you're concerned just email the admissions office, they are very good about responding!

Mine still says incomplete as well, even though I also received an interview invite; I emailed Mt. Sinai asking about the transcript thing, and apparently they'll ask for spring transcripts later in the year (maybe only for those who are interviewed/those who are accepted? I don't know). At any rate don't put too much stock in that, I think everyone's still says incomplete.

Similarly, my recommendations always said incomplete even though all of them were submitted before the deadline: I agree with Hyppolyta that it seems like they aren't being terribly fastidious with technical details/updates.

Just a heads up I got my invite earlier today, so the natural sciences interview decisions are coming out! Best of luck to everyone

I think the sciences category already had interview invites starting from 1-2 weeks ago (according to this forum) but congrats on your interview!

So humanities/social sciences is probably done with getting invites right? Had a dream I got rejected that's why I'm up at 6:27am on spring break :/

i dont think they are done sending invites for any particular group. On last years thread they continued to give out interviews until the end of march and it seemed as if they were giving them out to the different majors. They may start giving interviews based on specific majors but i dont think they end that way.

I think the sciences category already had interview invites starting from 1-2 weeks ago (according to this forum) but congrats on your interview!
Thanks! It seemed as though everyone who had a science major also doubled in humanities and listed themselves as humanities. Not sure though...
Still there's another week left to go so best of luck to everyone!!

I also applied as a science major and have not yet heard back either way.

One question: since interview invitations are being sent out on a rolling basis, does that indicate that (unlike in previous years) invitations will possibly be extended throughout May, since that's the timeline for the actual interviews? Or is the "rolling basis" just in regards to the usual February through March window?

i think invitations will be sent out anytime between the end of feb and the end of march; they wont send anymore out in april or may. Since many people will probably have to travel from their college to new york, they probably want to send the invitations about a month or 2 in advance to let people plan properly (which is why interviews occur largely during april and may)

I dont think they will reject anyone until the end of march (like last year). There is still time for interview invites.