Glasgow c/o 2020

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

ocb217

7+ Year Member
Reaction score
I started a facebook group for anyone else who was accepted into University of Glasgow’s School of Veterinary Medicine. :) Search "Glasgow Vets 2020"

Feel free to join if you received an offer but you're still weighing your options or waiting to hear from other schools!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone else accepted their Glasgow offer? Would love to chat about details of moving overseas :)

I started a facebook group for anyone else who was accepted into University of Glasgow’s School of Veterinary Medicine. :) Search "Glasgow Vets 2020"

Feel free to join if you received an offer but you're still weighing your options or waiting to hear from other schools!

Congratulations! How long after submitting did they contact you? And was there an interview?

Members don't see this ad :)
@kieradi721 This tread is from last year. You do realize that Glasgow is a 5 year program. They don't have an "accelerated" graduate entry 4 year program like the other UK schools have. The UK schools consider their vet programs to be undergraduate programs. So students entering their programs from UK and Europe complete their studies in 5 years and graduate as veterinarians. Some of the schools have made special programs for students who have already graduated with an undergraduate degree (Edinburgh, Royal) where they do the program in 4 years. Glasgow does not have such a program so all entry is for the 5 year program.

Reactions: 1 user
@kieradi721 This tread is from last year. You do realize that Glasgow is a 5 year program. They don't have an "accelerated" graduate entry 4 year program like the other UK schools have. The UK schools consider their vet programs to be undergraduate programs. So students entering their programs from UK and Europe complete their studies in 5 years and graduate as veterinarians. Some of the schools have made special programs for students who have already graduated with an undergraduate degree (Edinburgh, Royal) where they do the program in 4 years. Glasgow does not have such a program so all entry is for the 5 year program.

I realize that, yes. My best friend will be graduating from Glasgow this year.

And another is a practicing vet from rvc. I'm aware of the details of each program. Was just wondering about the application turn around this year.

Lol this thread is from this year....it's still 2015.

And Glasgow used to have an accelerated program, but it became so popular a program that they didn't have the space when the class sizes got bigger.

Also...why are you so quick to judge the 5 year versus 4 year? I could sit here and list all the reasons that extra year benefited me....

And another is a practicing vet from rvc. I'm aware of the details of each program. Was just wondering about the application turn around this year.

I'm not completely sure about this year's details, but typically from Glasgow you hear about interviews November/December and then interviews are Jan/Feb, and you hear anywhere from a week to a month later.

I was a weird case because I went over there and interviewed the first of the year and was accepted the same day, so my timeline isn't one you should go by ;)

I'm not completely sure about this year's details, but typically from Glasgow you hear about interviews November/December and then interviews are Jan/Feb, and you hear anywhere from a week to a month later.

I was a weird case because I went over there and interviewed the first of the year and was accepted the same day, so my timeline isn't one you should go by ;)

Thank you! And I agree, there is no reason to judge based on an extra year. Glasgow is number 3 in the world, so be proud! The doctors who have come to our hospital from there have been quite impressive. My friend hasn't graduated yet and she is already well beyond the knowledge and experience of the grads from a certain nearby US vet school I won't name to save myself the controversy.

Oh i'm very proud of where I went. It's gotten me exactly where I want to be. I miss that place every day.

Wonder if I know your friend...hers is the last year I actually knew people lol.

Oh i'm very proud of where I went. It's gotten me exactly where I want to be. I miss that place every day.

Wonder if I know your friend...hers is the last year I actually knew people lol.

Joanna Harrison?