GPA's, GRE's, XTRA's, ACCEPTANCES

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
University: University of Illinois at Chicago
Major: Kinesiology, Movement Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.37
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: Verbal 153, Quantitative 152, Analytical 4.0

Extra-Curric: D1 cross country/track athlete and captain, assistant student researcher, pre-ot club member

Volunteer: Gigi's Playhouse (tutor special ed children in math), ~50 hours OT observation in hand therapy, general rehab, pediatrics, outpatient

Applied: UIC, UW-Lax, UWM, Carroll U, Midwestern (DG), Concordia, Nova Southeastern, University of the Sciences

Acceptances: University of the Sciences

Rejections:

Interviews:

Members don't see this ad.

University: UNC Charlotte
Major: Exercise Science
Overall GPA: 3.9
Pre-Req GPA: 3.95
GRE: 310 Verbal 158, Quantitative 152, Analytical 4.5

Extra-Curric: Kinesiology Student Organization, Campus Outreach

Volunteer: Around 50 hours, between UNC Hospital's OT Program and other various things.

Acceptances: UNC

Rejections:

Interviews:

You were accepted to UNC without an interview?

I interviewed a little while ago for Huntington. They asked ~8 of questions, from what I remember; why do you want to be an OT, what is OT, a good/learning experience from observation, - difference between OT, PT, SLP, RN - , what would you do in __ situation (ethical dilemma), are you a leader/are you resilient. Hope this helps a bit

This is so helpful @ot.3277 !! How was the on-site essay?

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
This is so helpful @ot.3277 !! How was the on-site essay?

Oh it wasn't bad! I would bring an eraser though haha since it's handwritten and they gave me a pencil with a crappy one. It wasn't really an essay, it was reading a short article about a population, then answering like 5 short questions on how OT could benefit basically. I wouldn't worry about that part :)

Last edited:
Has anyone turned in their app recently? I am a little worried about the verification process. I didn't decide to apply until pretty late so I turned in my OTCAS-USC app on February 1st. I haven't been verified yet though, hopefully it will happen before 2/15! ;)

Has anyone turned in their app recently? I am a little worried about the verification process. I didn't decide to apply until pretty late so I turned in my OTCAS-USC app on February 1st. I haven't been verified yet though, hopefully it will happen before 2/15! ;)

Last year when I applied, and this year, it took around 3 - 4 weeks for my application to be verified. I imagine it might be shorter around this time, since it is later in the application season. Not sure what USC's policy is, but some schools just require the OTCAS application to be submitted; it doesn't necessarily have to be verified. You might know that already, but just covering all the bases that I discovered over the last two years of trawling through the process :) Good luck!!

Last year when I applied, and this year, it took around 3 - 4 weeks for my application to be verified. I imagine it might be shorter around this time, since it is later in the application season. Not sure what USC's policy is, but some schools just require the OTCAS application to be submitted; it doesn't necessarily have to be verified. You might know that already, but just covering all the bases that I discovered over the last two years of trawling through the process :) Good luck!!
Thank you so much! You are a huge help-- in calming my nerves :)

Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.23
Pre-Req GPA: i dunno lol
GRE: 155 Quantitative / 155 Verbal / 4 Analytical Writing

Observation Hours:
60 hours total (mental health, in/out, work conditioning)

Volunteer/work:
US Army 2010-2013, 11B1P

Applied: PhilaU, UofS, UIC, Midwestern (probably not going to accept UofS or Midwestern even if I do get accepted due to super high costs)

Acceptances: PhilaU, UofSciences

Waitlist: None yet

Rejections: None yet

Interviews:

Mine got cancelled because od the snow storm that happened last weekend :( so now I am doing a skype interview next Friday.

Hey again haha!! How was the interview with Brenau?! I have mine next week and i'm freaking out. Any suggestions or any questions that caught you off guard? Was the essay simple? Thanks for your help!

I cancelled it because I got accepted to the programs in Florida (where I live) so now I dont plan on going out of state. Sorry I dont have any info about Brenau specifically but in general know why you want OT and just be yourself!

Members don't see this ad :)
Major: Neuroscience
Overall GPA: 3.23
Pre-Req GPA: i dunno lol
GRE: 155 Quantitative / 155 Verbal / 4 Analytical Writing

Observation Hours:
60 hours total (mental health, in/out, work conditioning)

Volunteer/work:
US Army 2010-2013, 11B1P

Applied: PhilaU, UofS, UIC, Midwestern (probably not going to accept UofS or Midwestern even if I do get accepted due to super high costs)

Acceptances: PhilaU, UofSciences

Waitlist: None yet

Rejections: None yet

Interviews:

FriskySloth,

I was just curious as to when you received an acceptance from UofSciences?

FriskySloth,

I was just curious as to when you received an acceptance from UofSciences?

Firstly, it's Mr. Friskysloth to you, sir.

And I got an email yesterday.

Reactions: 2 users
Hey again haha!! How was the interview with Brenau?! I have mine next week and i'm freaking out. Any suggestions or any questions that caught you off guard? Was the essay simple? Thanks for your help!

I cancelled it because I got accepted to the programs in Florida (where I live) so now I dont plan on going out of state. Sorry I dont have any info about Brenau specifically but in general know why you want OT and just be yourself!

University: James Madison
Major: Health Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.32
Pre-Req GPA: 3.4-3.7
GRE: 149 V 160Q 4.5 W

Volunteer: 150 hours total spread out across a retirement home, pediatric clinic, and inpatient facility

Applied: JMU, Shennandoah, Bay Path, U of Sciences, Salus, Chatham, Sacred Heart, Springfield, Tufts, Howard

Acceptances: Bay path, U of Sciences, Salus U

Rejections: Chatham, Sacred Heart

Interviews: Salus (got in a week later!)

Thank you! I am interviewing for the day program in Gainesville! Where are you applying?

I just had an interview at Brenau's Gainesville campus on Feb 5th! Is that when you had your interview? I wonder if we were at the same one. How did you think it went? Do you know when we will hear back?

I just had an interview at Brenau's Gainesville campus on Feb 5th! Is that when you had your interview? I wonder if we were at the same one. How did you think it went? Do you know when we will hear back?
Mine was at the end of January but it actually got cancelled the night before after I landed there from Florida because of the snow storm. I denied the skype interview because I got into a few other schools. Best of luck though!

University: University of Northern Colorado
Major: Psychology
Overall GPA: 3.84
Pre-Req GPA: 3.9
GRE: Ugh.... not good. 151 V, 147 Q, 3.5 W ( I've already taken the GRE twice, not taking it again)

Extra-Curric: Partners Mentoring Youth- 3 hours per week for the past 2 years

Volunteer/ Observations:
45 hours rehab/nursing home clinic, 20 hours pediatric clinic, 15 hours hand therapy clinic

Applied to: Thomas Jefferson University, Brenau University, Colorado State, Davenport University, University of Minnesota, Puget Sound, University of Washington, Winston Salem University, Springfield College

Acceptances: Haven't heard back from any schools yet.

Rejections: Haven't heard back from any schools yet but was rejected from Colorado State University last year.

Interviews: Brenau (Gainesville campus)'

Would you guys mind taking a look at my stats and maybe commenting on if you think I will have a chance anywhere? I have a strong work history in the medical field (was a CNA, medical assistant, and human resource coordinator for a home health care agency) and wrote a strong personal statement which I had reviewed by two professors and an OT. I was rejected from my dream school (Colorado State University) last year and it was the worst feeling. That's why I applied to so many schools this year. The waiting game is terrible.

Last edited:

Hi! How was your interview with Brenau?! I have mine next week. I'm pretty antsy lol. Any suggestions or any questions that caught you off guard? Was the essay simple? Thanks

Hi! How was your interview with Brenau?! I have mine next week. I'm pretty antsy lol. Any suggestions or any questions that caught you off guard? Was the essay simple? Thanks

My best advice is RELAX! I was super stressed out but it is really pretty laid back. I can't speak for what your interview questions might be, but I can tell you what mine were. They split you up into groups of 3 or 4 so just keep in mind that it is a group interview, that will help relieve some of the anxiety.
Questions they asked me :
1. Why do you want to go into OT (if you haven't figured out your answer to this yet... that might be a problem lol)
2. What is the difference between OT and other health professions
3. How do you deal with difficult co-workers/students/supervisors
5.What do you think about research

The writing sample is a little bit weird. Its a fairly obscure quote and you have 30 minutes to write your thoughts on it. That is honestly the part I think I did the worst on. Best of luck!! Let me know how it goes!

Reactions: 1 users
Major: B.S. Health Science & B.A. Psychology
Overall GPA: OTCAS 3.39 (Cumulative undergrad 3.6)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.36-3.6 (depending on school)
GRE: AW 4.5, V 151, Q 149

Extra-Curric: D1 student athlete, honor’s student, vice president of Psi Chi, student athlete advisory committee, ACSM certified personal trainer, high school soccer coach

OT Observation/Experience:
· 100 hours total at a pediatric fine motor camp, outpatient surgery center, post surgery rehab center.
· Honors co-op during my last undergrad semester, worked alongside an OT helping children affected by autism, SPD, ADHD. Wrote a research based reflection paper on the development of emotional-regulation and its correlation to pediatric therapy interventions 

Applied: Cleveland State, Ohio State, Shawnee State, Toldeo, University of Pitt, University of Findlay, & Davenport University

Acceptances: TBD
Rejections: Toledo & Pitt
Interviews: TBD

Any feedback on my application, information on the applied schools (interviews, acceptances, rejections, etc) & other comments is greatly appreciated! This waiting game is terrible...

I have a question about the prerequisites for Davenport University. What did you take for you 'second level English course'? I took a 100 level English comp course as well as a college research paper class (also 100 level). I am not sure what they mean by second level. I've tried to call and e-mail the admissions people at Davenport and no one has gotten back to me.

University: University of Illinois at Chicago
Major: Kinesiology, Movement Sciences
Overall GPA: 3.37
Pre-Req GPA: 3.6
GRE: Verbal 153, Quantitative 152, Analytical 4.0

Extra-Curric: D1 cross country/track athlete and captain, assistant student researcher, pre-ot club member

Volunteer: Gigi's Playhouse (tutor special ed children in math), ~50 hours OT observation in hand therapy, general rehab, pediatrics, outpatient

Applied: UIC, UW-Lax, UWM, Carroll U, Midwestern (DG), Concordia, Nova Southeastern, University of the Sciences

Acceptances: University of the Sciences

Rejections:

Interviews:

Hey! I also applied to Carroll U and am patiently awaiting their decision. Have you heard from them yet?

University: University of Northern Colorado
Overall GPA: 3.84
GRE: Ugh.... not good. 151 V, 147 Q, 3.5 W ( I've already taken the GRE twice, not taking it again)

Extra-Curric: Partners Mentoring Youth- 3 hours per week for the past 2 years

Volunteer/ Observations:
45 hours rehab/nursing home clinic, 20 hours pediatric clinic, 15 hours hand therapy clinic

Applied to: Thomas Jefferson University, Brenau University, Colorado State, Davenport University, University of Minnesota, Puget Sound, University of Washington, Winston Salem University, Springfield College

Acceptances: Haven't heard back from any schools yet.

Rejections: Haven't heard back from any schools yet but was rejected from Colorado State University last year.

Interviews: Brenau (Gainesville campus)'

Would you guys mind taking a look at my stats and maybe commenting on if you think I will have a chance anywhere? I have a strong work history in the medical field (was a CNA, medical assistant, and human resource coordinator for a home health care agency) and wrote a strong personal statement which I had reviewed by two professors and an OT. I was rejected from my dream school (Colorado State University) last year and it was the worst feeling. That's why I applied to so many schools this year. The waiting game is terrible.

Hey, emnOT13! I totally hear you about the waiting - I felt like I was refreshing my inbox 10 times a day… Obviously you have a great GPA and Pre-Req GPA - nice job! However, from what I have seen on this forum and on OT school sites, it seems like a combined GRE of 300 is a pretty commonly mentioned cut-off point - even if schools don't require a certain score, you're just a couple of points below this "average". Also, schools tend to want a 4.0 writing or better. It also seems like you might not have as many observation hours as others on this site - one thing that helped me in my second year of applying was observing/working alongside OT's a lot: I was able to get strong letters of recommendation from both inpatient rehab and school OT's. All that being said, schools have a bewildering number of criteria and admission standards - hopefully you get into Brenau and hear back from more schools. Good luck!

Hey, emnOT13! I totally hear you about the waiting - I felt like I was refreshing my inbox 10 times a day… Obviously you have a great GPA and Pre-Req GPA - nice job! However, from what I have seen on this forum and on OT school sites, it seems like a combined GRE of 300 is a pretty commonly mentioned cut-off point - even if schools don't require a certain score, you're just a couple of points below this "average". Also, schools tend to want a 4.0 writing or better. It also seems like you might not have as many observation hours as others on this site - one thing that helped me in my second year of applying was observing/working alongside OT's a lot: I was able to get strong letters of recommendation from both inpatient rehab and school OT's. All that being said, schools have a bewildering number of criteria and admission standards - hopefully you get into Brenau and hear back from more schools. Good luck!

Thanks for your feedback! I took the GRE 3 times and I am just really not good at standardized testing. I couldn't afford to take it again, plus the $27 per school to send it to each school. I am hoping my observations will be sufficient. It seems like a lot of students either have a TON, or have between 50-100. I'm hoping that at least getting an interview at Brenau is maybe promising that maybe other schools are interested in me...

I have a question about the prerequisites for Davenport University. What did you take for you 'second level English course'? I took a 100 level English comp course as well as a college research paper class (also 100 level). I am not sure what they mean by second level. I've tried to call and e-mail the admissions people at Davenport and no one has gotten back to me.

Hey good question. On Davenport's OTCAS page it states one of their prereq's as "Second Level English Composition and Technical Writing" but on their prereq form it is worded as "Advanced English Composition and Technical Writing".

I was in your boat as I took College Writing I and II (ENG 101 & ENG 102). Since I took upper level writing courses for my major, I matched that prereq with a course I took called HSC 484 - Advanced Research & Writing in Health Science. I hope this helped a bit, good luck with your applications!

University: University of Hawaii at Manoa
Overall GPA: 3.5
Pre-Req GPA: 3.2
Major GPA: 3.5

GRE: Haven't taken it yet. Plan to this April

Extra-Curric: Currently working as a Nurse Aide through a home care company
- Also working at a nursing center in their activities department
- Will also be working with autistic children through a private behavioral health company
- Was in the honors program for 2 years in college (obtained a certificate)
- Member of psi chi honor society
- was in Pre-med club and HOSA club
-Dean's list in college
-Honor roll for most of high school career (if that counts towards anything)

Volunteer: 50 shadowing an OT in a hospital setting and another 55 in a nursing and rehabilitation center

Going to try and apply at: St. Augustine, San Jose State, Samuel Merritt (not sure of this one due to cost), Dominican university, California state university Dominiguez hills, Pacific University, University of the Sciences, Touro University, University of North Dakota (wyoming), Chicago State University, Eastern Washington University. I know it's a lot!!! But I wanna try and get in somewhere!!! Anywhere!!!! D:

Acceptances:

Rejections:

Interviews:

Hi everyone! I've been hanging on to this thread for a while, waiting till I got some response back to post. This waiting game is terrible! If anyone has any advice as far as nudging the admissions offices to give you information about the status of decisions (ie how to go about breaching the topic) I'd really love to hear it! I suppose I'm an older student, I graduated in 2010 from UF, im interested to see when/where other applicants graduated...not sure if admissions offices factor that in or not

Major:
B.A. English and Film Studies, University of Florida c/o 2010
Work Experience: (I added that in since I'm 5 years out) worked at Apple, Inc. as a technician and trainer for 2.5 years, licensed realtor for 2 years, run my own business as a computer/technology consultant/trainer/tutor, some special needs students working with assistive technologies
Overall GPA: 3.31 (as calculated by OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: Depends on school, but about a 3.85 (only B is in stats)
GRE: AW 4.0 V 157, Q 147

Extra-Curric: member of college improv comedy group, Theatre Strike Force, involved with many student-led film productions, UF Gators for a sustainable campus, 2008/2012 presidential campaign volunteering, volunteered with KW Cares (service org for Keller Williams realty), habitat for humanity, photography club, helped my parents with their stained glass business
138+ hours, 4 different settings within Naples Community Hospital system in Naples, FL. Inpatient rehab 38hrs, outpatient general adult rehab 23 hrs, outpatient rehab under certified hand therapist 23 hrs, outpatient pediatrics 45+ hours.

Applied: A lot! FGCU, NOVA, UF, WSSU, Towson, MUSC, Temple, Salus U, U Sciences, Philadelphia U, Thomas Jefferson
Acceptances: (as of 2-13-16) FGCU, (wait listed at Temple (bc of sociology and A&P2 prereqs) and PhilaU), the rest TBD
Rejections: Towson (they only look at last 60 cred of undergrad and didn't count the 4As I just got for last semesters prereqs, said my gpa was 3.15 and didn't meet 3.25 requirement uhhhhh) and Thomas Jefferson :(
Interviews: FGCU (they asked within a week of me applying, so I scheduled the interview for the first Friday offered, it was the first group of interviewees so I think I got lucky with that)

Still waiting to hear back from all of the other schools- I applied to everything except FGCU by 12/31/15. Was verified by OTCAS on 1/6/16, so I sort of feel like i missed out bc a lot of schools already filled up :/

Last edited:
Undergrad GPA: 3.25
OTCAS calculated undergrad GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: ranges from ~3.7-4.0
GRE: 151V, 153Q, 4.5 writing

Shadowing hours: 160+ Hours in a variety of settings including outpatient private peds practice, SNFs, inpatient adult rehab, special needs day camp, and elementary schools

Applied: Boston University, Massachusetts General Hospital IHP, Virginia Commonwealth, Nova Southeastern University MOT, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Ithaca, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD, Belmont, Columbia, NYU (I applied literally everywhere--underestimated myself and had low confidence so it's a long list!)

Interviews: Nova Southeastern, MGH, Boston University, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Chatham, Salus, Thomas Jefferson, Temple (2 phone interviews), Belmont (declined interview), Ithaca (declined interview)

Acceptances: all of the above: Nova Southeastern University, Boston University, Virginia Commonwealth, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Bay Path, D'Youville, Chatham, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson OTD

Still waiting to hear back from: MGH, Columbia, and NYU

Rejections: none!

Good luck to everyone!!

Last edited:
Reactions: 3 users
Hi everyone! I've been hanging on to this thread for a while, waiting till I got some response back to post. This waiting game is terrible! If anyone has any advice as far as nudging the admissions offices to give you information about the status of decisions (ie how to go about breaching the topic) I'd really love to hear it! I suppose I'm an older student, I graduated in 2010 from UF, im interested to see when/where other applicants graduated...not sure if admissions offices factor that in or not

Major:
Work Experience: (I added that in since I'm 5 years out) worked at Apple, Inc. as a technician and trainer for 2.5 years, licensed realtor for 2 years, run my own business as a computer/technology consultant/trainer/tutor, some special needs students working with assistive technologies

Extra-Curric: member of college improv comedy group, Theatre Strike Force, involved with many student-led film productions, UF Gators for a sustainable campus, 2008/2012 presidential campaign volunteering, volunteered with KW Cares (service org for Keller Williams realty), habitat for humanity, photography club, helped my parents with their stained glass business
138+ hours, 4 different settings within Naples Community Hospital system in Naples, FL. Inpatient rehab 38hrs, outpatient general adult rehab 23 hrs, outpatient rehab under certified hand therapist 23 hrs, outpatient pediatrics 45+ hours.

Applied: A lot! FGCU, NOVA, UF, WSSU, Towson, MUSC, Temple, Salus U, U Sciences, Philadelphia U, Thomas Jefferson
Acceptances: (as of 2-13-16) FGCU, (wait listed at Temple (bc of sociology and A&P2 prereqs) and PhilaU), the rest TBD
Rejections: Towson (they only look at last 60 cred of undergrad and didn't count the 4As I just got for last semesters prereqs, said my gpa was 3.15 and didn't meet 3.25 requirement ughhhh)
Interviews: FGCU (they asked within a week of me applying, so I scheduled the interview for the first Friday offered, it was the first group of interviewees so I think I got lucky with that)

Still waiting to hear back from all of the other schools- I applied to everything except FGCU by 12/31/15. Was verified by OTCAS on 1/6/16, so I sort of feel like i missed out bc a lot of schools already filled up :/
Wow congrats on your progress! How did fgcu contact you with acceptance?

Hey! I also applied to Carroll U and am patiently awaiting their decision. Have you heard from them yet?
Yes, I actually talked to one of the admissions counselors this past week, and she said that they have not sent out any acceptances yet, but will within the next two weeks! Good luck!! ;)

Major: Human Development and Family Science
Overall GPA: 3.48
Pre-Req GPA: Not sure?
GRE: V- 154 Q-151 W-4.0

Extra-Curric: Board member of OT club, leadership position in sorority

Work Experience: Rehab aide at an acute care pediatric clinic, intern with early intervention program

Volunteer: special olympics, local special needs/disability group, committee member for children's miracle network fundraising club

Acceptances: GRU

Rejections: VCU, Ohio State (haven't gotten an official rejection, but I wasn't invited to their interview day)

Waitlisted: Belmont

Interviews: ECU, GRU, Belmont, UAB, Brenau

Major:

Rejections: Towson (they only look at last 60 cred of undergrad and didn't count the 4As I just got for last semesters prereqs, said my gpa was 3.15 and didn't meet 3.25 requirement ughhhh)

I'm sorry about Towson. When did you hear back from them?

Maybe a way to breach the topic would be to ask if they received all of your materials and go from there?

Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: ~3.85, varies by school
GRE: 154V, 154Q, 4.5 writing

Shadowing hours: 75 hours- 25 in hospital setting and 50 in an aquatic pediatric setting

Applied: Massachusetts General Hospital IHP, Nova Southeastern University MOT, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson EMOT, NYU, Towson, Hofstra, LIU Brooklyn, Springfield, MUSC

Interviews: Nova Southeastern, MGH, Sacred Heart (rejected interview), University of New England, Salus, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra, LIU Brooklyn

Acceptances: None yet

Wait list: Nova Southeastern, UNE, Salus, Temple

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson (interviewed in late January)

the waiting game is killing me but i'm still hopeful!

Undergrad GPA: 3.5
Pre-req GPA: 3.7-3.9 varies
GRE: 151V, 148Q, 4.5 writing

Applied:
East Carolina, Stockton, Virginia Commonwealth, Pitt, Temple, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra,

Interviews: Hofstra, Temple

Acceptances: Hofstra, Temple

Wait list: none

Rejections: Pitt, Jefferson, East Carolina, waiting on other rejection letters lol

Undergrad GPA: 3.3
Pre-req GPA: ~3.85, varies by school
GRE: 154V, 154Q, 4.5 writing

Shadowing hours: 75 hours- 25 in hospital setting and 50 in an aquatic pediatric setting

Applied: Massachusetts General Hospital IHP, Nova Southeastern University MOT, A.T. Still, Sacred Heart, University of New England, Salus, Temple, Thomas Jefferson EMOT, NYU, Towson, Hofstra, LIU Brooklyn, Springfield, MUSC

Interviews: Nova Southeastern, MGH, Sacred Heart (rejected interview), University of New England, Salus, Thomas Jefferson, Hofstra, LIU Brooklyn

Acceptances: None yet

Wait list: Nova Southeastern, UNE, Salus, Temple

Rejections: Thomas Jefferson (interviewed in late January)

the waiting game is killing me but i'm still hopeful!
It's so weird because I got accepted outright to Salus and Jeff but totally rejected to UNE! It's such a weird process, but you'll get in somewhere! :)

It's so weird because I got accepted outright to Salus and Jeff but totally rejected to UNE! It's such a weird process, but you'll get in somewhere! :)

Does Thomas Jefferson do interviews for all of there students?

Major:

Did you get accepted or wait-listed at Philadelphia Univ?

Last edited:

that is weird! thanks for the positivity and congrats on your acceptances! do you know where you'll be attending?

that is weird! thanks for the positivity and congrats on your acceptances! do you know where you'll be attending?
Thomas Jefferson. :) For Salus, the 250 deposit is due wothin 2 weeks of acceptance and the rest (750) is due April 1st, so I bet a decent chunk put a deposit down as a backup, so I bet you'll hear back by mid April!

Thomas Jefferson. :) For Salus, the 250 deposit is due wothin 2 weeks of acceptance and the rest (750) is due April 1st, so I bet a decent chunk put a deposit down as a backup, so I bet you'll hear back by mid April!

that's great! best of luck to you. I'm hoping to hear back soon, the anxiety is killing me haha.

Has anyone who interviewed at Boston University on 2/5 heard back yet? I know it's still early but I'm on the edge of my seat here!

Hey! Here are my stats..
Overall GPA: 3.4 (3.36 OTCAS)
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7-3.8
Last 60hrs: ~3.75
GRE: AW 4, V 148, Q 141

Applied: University of Texas El Paso, Texas Tech University, Nova Southern University, Winston-Salem State University, St. Scholastica, Brenau University

Interviews: Texas Tech, Brenau
Waitlisted: St. Scholastica, Texas Tech
Acceptances: N/A
Rejections: N/A

UPDATE: I've been accepted off the waitlist at St. Scholastica!!!

Reactions: 2 users
University: The University of Akron, Cleveland State University
Overall GPA: 3.6

Extra-Curric: ~60 observation hours: Skilled nursing facility (in/out pt.), Pediatrics rehab. (in/out pt.)
Work: Home healthcare aide (current), PT aide, PT internship (non-paid)
Volunteer: Autism Society of Greater Cleveland, Columbus Special Olympics Summer State Games

Applied: Cleveland State University, Shawnee State, Temple University, Indiana State, Nova Southeastern, U of Pitt

Rejections: U of Pitt

Wait listed: Nova

Interviews: Temple University (phone 2/2)

Acceptances: Temple University (2/4 - accepted!), Indiana State University (2/4 - declined). Still waiting to hear from CSU and Shawnee State

***Has anyone heard back from Cleveland State?

University: The University of Akron, Cleveland State University
Overall GPA: 3.6

Extra-Curric: ~60 observation hours: Skilled nursing facility (in/out pt.), Pediatrics rehab. (in/out pt.)
Work: Home healthcare aide (current), PT aide, PT internship (non-paid)
Volunteer: Autism Society of Greater Cleveland, Columbus Special Olympics Summer State Games

Applied: Cleveland State University, Shawnee State, Temple University, Indiana State, Nova Southeastern, U of Pitt

Rejections: U of Pitt

Wait listed: Nova

Interviews: Temple University (phone 2/2)

Acceptances: Temple University (2/4 - accepted!), Indiana State University (2/4 - declined). Still waiting to hear from CSU and Shawnee State

***Has anyone heard back from Cleveland State?
We have similar stats and work experience, and I was also rejected from Pitt! Not even waitlisted! I was a confused and a bit disappointed haha

University: SDSU San Diego State University

Major: Business with an emphasis in marketing

Overall GPA: 3.0+ish
Pre-Req GPA: 4.0
GRE: V157 Q155 A3.5

Extra-Curric: 200+ hrs with CYKT

Volunteer: 300+ hrs peds, out patient acute, CHT and upper extremity, ADHC

Acceptances: Belmont and Huntington

Rejections: Loma Linda (alternate list)

Interviews: Dominican University

University: Stockton University
Overall GPA: 3.73
Pre-Req GPA: 3.7
GRE: 151 V, 151 Q, 3.5 AW

Extra-Curric: 4 year student athlete - Cross country/Track and Field
Principles of Physiology Lab Teacher Assistant

Volunteer: 135 total hours shadowing in 3 different settings:
46 hours in Inpatient Rehab
57 hours in Outpatient Pediatric Therapy
32 hours in Inpatient Geriatric Rehab
Volunteered for two years with the Special Olympics "Jingle all the way 3K"

Applied: Stockton University, Seton Hall, Towson University, Stony Brook University, Sacred Heart, Jefferson, University of the Sciences, and Winston-Salem

Acceptances: USciences (11/20) Stony Brook (12/22)

Rejections: Sacred Heart (1/15) TJU (2/10)

Interviews: Stony Brook, Sacred Heart, Stockton

**Made it to second round for Towson, so I am still waiting to hear back from them, along with Stockton, Seton Hall, and Winston-Salem.

As of now, I will be attending Stony Brook University!

We have similar stats and work experience, and I was also rejected from Pitt! Not even waitlisted! I was a confused and a bit disappointed haha

I saw somewhere that Pitt fills spots from their undergrad program first..? Not sure if that's true, but would have been nice to know!