His Dark Materials WW

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I realize the dead stl theory but... Idk. Never seen the game mechanic done that way and I guess I'm hesitant to buy into it since it flies in the face of Occam's razor here
You more than anyone should know that reading write-ups gives clues, and that is why I am believe STL was killed by Dyachei. It fits the facts and write=up better than anything else so Occam is not your friend here.

Members don't see this ad.

All this discussion and I still don't see any obvious way to vote. :(

This x10000. That's why mine is just sitting on Hayley even if I don't know if it makes sense. I just haven't found a person worth changing to yet.

I realize the dead stl theory but... Idk. Never seen the game mechanic done that way and I guess I'm hesitant to buy into it since it flies in the face of Occam's razor here

I don't see any reason for a mod to go into a discussion on a wolf killing a person and taking on that role, if it didn't have some meaning. And STL just happened to stop posting and communicating right after that first night.

Also, serafina is quite a prominent character in the stories. More so than some of the other characters we are seeing, that I find it hard to believe the mods left that role out of the villager group just to give it to a wolf.

Again, I could be wrong. Not that it matters now anyway. But I actually think the simpler explanation is that dy had to obtain her role cover from someone.. hence the mod write up with the "killing".

Besides, noob mods do odd things quite often... .so wouldn't surprise me.

Storrryyyie.

Members don't see this ad :)
I am going to have to disagree. It shows she killed and stole someone's identity as her own.

Could be wrong. And we may just have to agree to disagree. But I see no reason for the mods to dive into explaining her killing someone and then making a disguise if that isn't what happened.

Storyyiiiees.
I just thought it was possible that when the game started she had already killed Serafina and made the disguise.

You more than anyone should know that reading write-ups gives clues, and that is why I am believe STL was killed by Dyachei. It fits the facts and write=up better than anything else so Occam is not your friend here.

Agree to disagree. It feels like you guys are really stretching to make the words fit the narrative you want to apply to dyachei. The simple read to me is that dyachei killed serafina before the game started and had been posing as her ever since.

But again. I doubt it's relevant either way except if you're wrong we are going to overlook someone who has stls role. If you're right we won't have to suspect people with good time names (barring conversion)

Agree to disagree. It feels like you guys are really stretching to make the words fit the narrative you want to apply to dyachei. The simple read to me is that dyachei killed serafina before the game started and had been posing as her ever since.

But again. I doubt it's relevant either way except if you're wrong we are going to overlook someone who has stls role. If you're right we won't have to suspect people with good time names (barring conversion)

Good ROLE names

How can we "overlook someone who has stls role" when no on has any idea what stls role was?????

And I don't think it is a stretch at all to think that the mod write up was indicating something important about the game. WildZoo likes to post clues about the game in her write ups.... so, I am sticking with it means something rather than it was creative license.

Storiey.

lynch Allie

I have nothing else to go on for now, but I wanted to put something in.

How can we "overlook someone who has stls role" when no on has any idea what stls role was?????

And I don't think it is a stretch at all to think that the mod write up was indicating something important about the game. WildZoo likes to post clues about the game in her write ups.... so, I am sticking with it means something rather than it was creative license.

Storiey.

Just staying they have to explain the cover role whether it was acquired mid game or pregame. And it's relevant because if stl was... Kirjava for example (, is a bad example but the name is in my head)... We'd be talking to the person who killed stl but saying "oh that role is definitely good"

This is just a deadlocked conversation. It's not clear either way. We're all reading into it differently. Focus on the stuff that gets us a lunch vote I guess.

This is just a deadlocked conversation. It's not clear either way. We're all reading into it differently. Focus on the stuff that gets us a lunch vote I guess.

This is I agree on.

I don't think the STL role/dyachei thing makes any difference for us...

That just leaves us with who to lynch today?

Sotryies. (not fixing, eventually the misspelling will drive @WildZoo crazy... ;) )

Reactions: 1 user
been keeping up with this sporadically over the past few hours and still have no way which direction to go in for lunch. Will have to wait a while longer when I'm able to get on comp and take a better look at everything.

### lynch DocE ###

Has not successfully made an item yet, right?

### lynch DocE ###

Has not successfully made an item yet, right?
Actually, I wonder if this would explain the mod mix-up.

If DocE is faking his item-making role, I can see WZ or Gwen, knowing Aloha thinks he's making items when he actually isn't, accidentally skipping over that he actually had received an item via RNG.

Members don't see this ad :)

If DocE is faking his item-making role, I can see WZ or Gwen, knowing Aloha thinks he's making items when he actually isn't, accidentally skipping over that he actually had received an item via RNG.

Why fake something from day one and call someone put for having an altheiometer if I hadon't tried to make it?? Seriously. Not a noob here. villager or wolf, I play the game a lot better than that.

And the mod pm to me, which I'm sure aloha received a nearly identical one read

It was a mod error on night 4. Your item was supposed to be stolen, but we totally forgot to send the alethiometer to the thief.

Methinks the lad(y?) doth protest too much

Why fake something from day one and call someone put for having an altheiometer if I hadon't tried to make it?? Seriously. Not a noob here. villager or wolf, I play the game a lot better than that.

And the mod pm to me, which I'm sure aloha received a nearly identical one read

...If you're going to fake a role, why not fake it from day one, and why wouldn't you want an excuse to plant the idea early in the game?

You said to me in PM that it's important to share info early to solidify your villagerhood should it come into question. You said that wolves have to adapt their stories on the fly, while villagers don't. A consistent claim is more believable. I'm not saying you did fake it, but if you were going to, better early than late.

Also, ninja edid not necessary, I'm a girl.:)

...If you're going to fake a role, why not fake it from day one, and why wouldn't you want an excuse to plant the idea early in the game?

You said to me in PM that it's important to share info early to solidify your villagerhood should it come into question. You said that wolves have to adapt their stories on the fly, while villagers don't. A consistent claim is more believable. I'm not saying you did fake it, but if you were going to, better early than late.

Also, ninja edid not necessary, I'm a girl.:)

Haha it was a thumbs up image that randomly got in there.

Argh, i don't know who to lynch, I guess I'll stick with my original and come back it I can before the deadline.

****lynch kam****

Okay, finally home and reading back through the thread. Only on page 23 but going to address things as they come up.

Kcough's question was "As of Day 3, have there been any villager to wolf conversions?" and the answer was yes. I need to double check, but I think Jilary was not resurrected at that time. I could be a wolf if that's the way it works, but I'm not - I was just told I was resurrected, welcome back!

We started with a night cycle this game, so Day 3 occurred AFTER night 3. I was blocked on Night 3, and Night 3 was the no-kill. This means Kcough's question does cover the no-kill night. I'd guess she asked because of the no-kill night, even.

Interesting. N3 was the night I blocked Kam and there was a no-kill, so a conversion happened before then. I hadn't been killed yet at that time. Given that, I'm going to...

Lynch Kam

So I hope you all can see why this is wrong. Night 3 happened before Day 3 in this game.

I have another power that Ive used on jilary and she witnessed its use. I did tell Jilary I had success with making one item, but didnt tell her which. That was one of those DocE fibs because I dont want to be lynched over my primary power not working yet (and thus appearing fake). The secondary power is also how i had incidental info on dyachei. It is not how I had info on SOV (there is an item out there that watches overnight moves). I can alternate them. If anyone has an idea for an item that they think I'll be able to make, go right ahead and tell me. I can try to make an item tonight and prove my worth.

I forgot about this, and it makes me marginally less suspicious of DocE. Jil, was the secondary power something you feel is more likely a villager power than a wolf power?

nope. ability steal was night #3 i believe.

Just want to note that N3 is the same no-kill night everyone is making a ruckus about me being blocked during. Not sure if there's any way it could relate, but I'm not sure what to make of the ability thief. Has anyone else had an ability stolen over the course of the game?

In self preservation, I'm going to have to unlynch Lotf, lynch Allie.

UnOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF (0) -
Kam (4) - DocE, TP, Zen, Caiter
Hayley (1) - aloha
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
allieh (5) - LotF, LIS, DVMD, Hayley, Kam
DocE()-FFM

I think this is right, someone please double check since I just pasted the last official and updated from there.

@DocEspana, did a role name come with your ability?

Like do I have a role name? Yes, of course. Does my secondary ability give role names? No. It's redirecting people's powers by manipulating their rusakov particles. So if I redirected lupin (which I did) I'd find out I redirected a seer power. Same way I use rusakov particles to try to make items.

And Rojo, I might be missing someone, but:

Kam: Kirjava
Hayley: Will Parry
Finn: Lord Asriel
Allie: Juta Kamainen
SOV: Atal

I proved her role. Redirected her power once after some people in our group were suspicious of her for NOT acting on me earlier.

This is consistent with what both Aloha and DocE have told me separately.

I had no idea why Aloha said she kept trying to steal items from people unsuccessfully when DocE was right there on the thread saying he was an item maker. Why wouldn't she try him first? I thought it was suspicious. Doc said he could check on her ability, and the next night told me it was confirmed.

Aloha then told me separately that she had tried to steal an item from Dev but had been redirected to MJ, where she found nothing.

Unless they're both wolves coordinating stories, I think this checks out.

Like do I have a role name? Yes, of course. Does my secondary ability give role names? No. It's redirecting people's powers by manipulating their rusakov particles. So if I redirected lupin (which I did) I'd find out I redirected a seer power. Same way I use rusakov particles to try to make items.
I see...

UnOfficial Lynch Tally

LoTF () -
Kam (4) - DocE, TP, Zen, Caiter
Hayley (1) - aloha
SOV (1) - Jilary
Finnick () -
Caiter () -
allieh (5) - LotF, LIS, DVMD, Hayley, Kam
DocE()-
Zen (3)-FFM, Rojo, Finn

14/20 voting

On mobile so I can't check but who else is in Zen's group?

LIS said he is 100% certain Caiter is not an original wolf.

I am 95% certain STB is not an original wolf.

Rog is ding dong dead.

We have no affiliation for STL so it's possible he was the wolf, but several here believe he may have had his skin stolen by Dy.

Leaves Zen and TP.

Okay so unless STL was a wolf, which today's theories seemed to disprove, Zen is the only one who didn't reveal. But looking at the tallies with 30 min to go, I'm not gonna make it a 3 way tie tonight.

Hayley if you want to switch to Zen, we could move our votes together to preserve the majority.