How many rejections so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
^ to everything above. September completion isn't bad. It's not early, but it's not late to the point where it really hurts you. You'd be surprised how many people(most I know) outside of SDN are complete late August/September. This whole process is a total crapshoot haha so you never know what's going to happen.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 users
3 rejections 1 II 7 Dunkin Donut Coupons

Reactions: 13 users
In my signature, but I'll repeat here: 6 rejections, 1 II, >20 silence/waiting for sec'd

Members don't see this ad :)
2 rejections for me so far! Keep em comin!

First rejection today! Is it weird that it's kind of a relief? I feel like I'd been bracing myself for the inevitable blow.

3 Rejections
3 Holds
1 II in December
Radio silence from too many to even count...for wayyyyy too long.

Last edited:
Just rejected from Rosy Franklin today, and funny enough I don't even care because all the II I've received are at schools I'd take over II anyway.

1 rejection. Thank you GW

Reactions: 2 users
Members don't see this ad :)
MD Cycle: 2 Interviews, 1 Waitlist, Other one no correspondence.
Rejections: 4, Holds: 2.
Limbo: 15 MD schools.
Complete Mid to Late July.
Level of distress: Over 9000.

DO Cycle: 9 Interviews
Acceptances: Accepted everywhere except for 1 place.
Complete: Same time as MD cycle.
Level of Distress: Relaxed.

3 interviews: 1 waitlist, 2 waiting

3 rejections

7 in limbo

F5 key worn down 3.6 mm

Reactions: 4 users
Update: 2 rejections..GW and OUWB

6 rejections, all post-interview. Im afraid of the consequences

Reactions: 1 user
2 interviews, 0 rejections, about 5 pre-interview holds. Complete late July-mid August.

8 rejections, 1 hold, 5 II, 3 IA, 1 acceptance

8 rejections, 0 II, 1 hold. try to beat me.

So far:
Rejections: 6
2 II: one waitlist, one waiting
Waiting to hear back: 7

Final thought: HURRY UP VCU!!!! OPEN MY FILE ALREADY!

So far:
Rejections: 6
2 II: one waitlist, one waiting
Waiting to hear back: 7

Final thought: HURRY UP VCU!!!! OPEN MY FILE ALREADY!

I feel you. I have been relatively calm throughout this whole cycle with the exception of VCU.

Not sure how its possible after 13 weeks my primary app still hasn't been looked at :wtf:

^ to everything above. September completion isn't bad. It's not early, but it's not late to the point where it really hurts you. You'd be surprised how many people(most I know) outside of SDN are complete late August/September. This whole process is a total crapshoot haha so you never know what's going to happen.
oh yeah, september completion is not that bad.....i've gotten 5 interviews and three of those interviews were from schools that i was complete at in september. i was complete at the other schools in like late august and i've been accepted to one of them so far so it's really not too bad. my LizzyM is a 70 too so its not like i have a perfect gpa/mcat

Update: Adding Rosy Frank to list of rejections:

4 Rejections
3 Holds
1 II in December

oh yeah, september completion is not that bad.....i've gotten 5 interviews and three of those interviews were from schools that i was complete at in september. i was complete at the other schools in like late august and i've been accepted to one of them so far so it's really not too bad. my LizzyM is a 70 too so its not like i have a perfect gpa/mcat

Only on SDN do people speak of their 70 LizzyM is not being too high.

Reactions: 3 users
3 Rejections
3 Holds
1 II in December
Radio silence from too many to even count...for wayyyyy too long.
Who is your II if you don't mind me asking? Congrats btw :D

I'm at 5 rejections, 1 hold, 1 waitlist and my bank account is down about 3k :arghh: still waiting to hear from 17 schools

Only on SDN do people speak of their 70 LizzyM is not being too high.
it isn't high. The average lizzym to matriculate into med school is ~68, I believe. It's a solid score, but people on here act like you need a perfect gpa/mcat to make up for not applying at the first moment apps open up. I didn't do that and things are going well, that's all I'm saying. You don't need to be passive aggressive lol. If I had said "I have a lizzym of 70 tho, which is pretty high" I bet I would've gotten a quote trying to take me down a notch.

it isn't high. The average LizzyM to matriculate into med school is ~68, I believe. It's a solid score, but people on here act like you need a perfect gpa/mcat to make up for not applying at the first moment apps open up. I didn't do that and things are going well, that's all I'm saying. You don't need to be passive aggressive lol. If I had said "I have a lizzym of 70 tho, which is pretty high" I bet I would've gotten a quote trying to take me down a notch.

A lizzyM of 70 (assuming balanced stats) is a 3.7-3.8 GPA with a MCAT of a 32. Lol... those are pretty high. SDN makes you think they arent. But they are.

A 32 is the 88th percentile on the MCAT. I dont need to say anything about a 3.8.

Not being passive aggressive either by the way. I'm a pretty chill dude.

Reactions: 2 users

You're doing very well, congrats!

Are you by any chance URM, veteran, etc? Because that would change things significantly

Who is your II if you don't mind me asking? Congrats btw :D

I'm at 5 rejections, 1 hold, 1 waitlist and my bank account is down about 3k :arghh: still waiting to hear from 17 schools

VCU...and yes this cycle has absolutely crushed me financially...really worried about not having enough $$$ if have to turn around and re-apply. The FAP program is a f*ckin joke.

Sitting at 10 rejections, 2 II's (one WL, other is pending). 19 silences/holds.

3 pre-interview rejections
2 pre-interview holds
1 II in December :xf:
16 silent

Cheers to good news this week!

What makes it a joke?

The consensus on this website is you have to be on or below the actual poverty line. And they take your parents info into account even if they don't help you out at all financially

Two rejections so far (GW & Georgetown)

I would love to just assume all my silences are rejections, but there are a few schools on my list that actually send rejections, but they are still silent with me. Can I assume after 12/1 that silence is rejection?

I would love to just assume all my silences are rejections, but there are a few schools on my list that actually send rejections, but they are still silent with me. Can I assume after 12/1 that silence is rejection?
I would not assume that.

Up to 13 rejections now... but 1 acceptance!... but 13 rejections. Feeling reassured about my acceptance but also very worried that I have so many outright rejections.

I actually don't even know how many rejections I have anymore. I was keeping track in my signature but things got way too confusing.

The consensus on this website is you have to be on or below the actual poverty line. And they take your parents info into account even if they don't help you out at all financially

This right here...But I'll save that for another thread :p

5 II's

2 rejections

1 withdraw from Upitt

10 silences

no acceptances.... yet.... I pray man i pray.

I'm up to 4 rejections and still no acceptances... trying to stay positive since I did have one interview but also starting to think about the possibility of a gap year

3 rejections. 1 interview (post interview hold). 2 pre interview holds. 22 schools dead silent.

3 IIs, went to two (next one is in January and I will likely withdraw from that)
2 pre interview holds
2 rejections
1 deferral
1 acceptance
Silence from 13 schools

The school I got accepted is pretty high on my list, so I'm not complaining. Still amazes me that I might have been applying a 3rd time if my school list looked slightly different.

Last edited: