How many rejections so far?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
1 II, 0 rejections, 19 to go. Complete late August for most schools.

Members don't see this ad.

Reactions: 1 user
Don't mind if I do.
3 rejects. 1 hold.
I haven't heard anything new for about a month.

Members don't see this ad :)
2 MD rejections, 1 DO pre interview hold.
6 II - 4 DO, 2 MD
Silence from 28 skools

27 waiting to hear. 0 II and 0 rejections.:/

1 R, 3 II, 8 waiting (one of which is a soon to be R from Vandy pre-2ndary).

As an international applicant, I couldn't be more excited and shocked.

1 rejection for me, 2 II, silence for the other 18 schools.
And +1 on the rejection pre-secondary from Vandy, but it's not 100% confirmed yet.

And on an unrelated note, here's this:

VFjy4.gif

Reactions: 2 users
2 rejections, 1 hold, 5 II (4MD, 1DO), 12 silences, and 2 silences that I later realized I had submitted secondaries and never paid the fee... :smack:

1 rejection for me, 2 II, silence for the other 18 schools.
And +1 on the rejection pre-secondary from Vandy, but it's not 100% confirmed yet.

And on an unrelated note, here's this:

VFjy4.gif
I can't stop watching.

Reactions: 3 users
Members don't see this ad :)
2 holds, 4 IIs, 1 rejection, and 1 wait list (post interview). Silence from 31 schools haaaaaa

Last edited:
1 rejection. 3 II. Silence from 16 other schools

1 rejection, 1 hold, 1 "small pool," 1 interview invite. Waiting on 8 other schools (and kicking myself for not applying to more...)

Got my first rejection, had to check the secondary portal for it. Was only a matter of time I suppose...

Update:

3 rejections (Tulane, Albany, GTown)
1"Hold" (GWash, may as well be a rejection)
1 II

Forgive me for asking, but whats a smallpool? Like a halfway between secondary and interview?

July 21st I think
Hmm... seems like people in past threads didn't get news by email either. Just portal update. : /
Best of luck on rest of cycle. I'm sure I'll get my rejection soon enough. : P

Hmm... seems like people in past threads didn't get news by email either. Just portal update. : /
Best of luck on rest of cycle. I'm sure I'll get my rejection soon enough. : P

Best of luck to you as well. I have been very fortunate so far, thus the rejection doesn't hurt too bad

Just got my first rejection from VCU. At least I got screened out before the secondary request. That's $80 saved. Haven't heard anything from any of the others schools yet. :lame:

Just got my first rejection from VCU. At least I got screened out before the secondary request. That's $80 saved. Haven't heard anything from any of the others schools yet. :lame:
That's very strange with your stats and being in-state o_O

That's very strange with your stats and being in-state o_O

I thought so. Right now I'm just hoping there isn't some weird red flag on my file that I'm totally unaware of. Like they googled me and some serial killer named Cotterpin came up.

Time to change your name to Cotterpin NotASerialKiller...
I thought so. Right now I'm just hoping there isn't some weird red flag on my file that I'm totally unaware of. Like they googled me and some serial killer named Cotterpin came up.

Reactions: 1 users

Do you know all of your letter writers well?

Do you know all of your letter writers well?

Pretty much. I got a committee letter, though. I gave the premed committee all of my letters (two out of seven were probably a little impersonal but reflected excellent performances in hard sciences, but all of the others were people who know me very well) and the person who actually wrote my committee letter also knows me very well and said that I shouldn't worry because she does this for a living and will do the best job she possibly can.

It's still early October - a lot of med students at interviews talk about not having their first interview till like thanksgiving so I wouldn't worry too much!

Zero. Same number as my applications. But that might change after this summer. (If someone already posted something along the lines of this I'm very sorry :hilarious:)

Update: I am not a serial killer. Just got an II from EVMS. I love how you can hear nothing for weeks, get rejected one day, and then get an II the next. Emotional roller coaster!

Reactions: 11 users
... or they only did a Bing search for Cotterpin due to contractual obligations ;)
Update: I am not a serial killer. Just got an II from EVMS. I love how you can hear nothing for weeks, get rejected one day, and then get an II the next. Emotional roller coaster!

good to know you're not secretly plotting to kill us all

4 rejections, 4 II's, 1 hold, silence from remaining 22

good to know you're not secretly plotting to kill us all

I'm still secretly plotting to kill you, though. Just you. ;) (It's creepier with the wink, isn't it?)

Still at 2 rejections and 1 II. Its gonna be a long weekend!!

1 II, 1 hold, 1 Rejection, 23 silences
edit: 4 pre-secondary waiting

@bearintraining I think we both are interviewing at SUNY Upstate..did you also have to pick a Feb date?

I'm leaving Feb mostly free b/c of Canadian schools scheduling their MMIs on those weekends. I was scheduled for Jan 27, but I managed to find an open spot for Dec 14 earlier today, and just found Nov 16... moral of the story is that since people are getting acceptances now, earlier dates may be opening up.

3 rejections, 2 interviews, and 1 hold! 321 go!!!